Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-01-2003, 08:03 PM   #1
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about
Default Official Kobe to Dallas Watch

OK, I'll bite... I'm a new guy to this board... so I've been waiting... but who cares... given all this "big man to Dallas" talk in the Hitman thread about Walker vs. Jamison I have to say it...

The Mavs will not trade for an impact big man this year.

Guarantee: Kobe Bryant will be a Dallas Maverick by February.

My money is on a package including Jamison...

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2003, 08:12 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Official Kobe to Dallas Watch

the mavs section has officially hit an all time low
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 08:28 PM   #3
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road

Will never happen. It could happen during the offseason next June, but definitely not right in the middle of this season. Shaq would have to pimp slap Kobe or something for a trade like that to happen.
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 09:40 PM   #4
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Phil Jackson does NOT make mid-season trades. IF there is a move it will be in the offseason.

And the Lakers could get more for Kobe than just Jamison.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 09:43 PM   #5
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Phil Jackson does NOT make mid-season trades. IF there is a move it will be in the offseason.

And the Lakers could get more for Kobe than just Jamison.
The feud is over. Kobe isn't going anywhere.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:29 PM   #6
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Official Kobe to Dallas Watch

Dooby where are you?

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:21 AM   #7
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
Dooby where are you?
Seriously! Where is that flamethrower?
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:26 AM   #8
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not Dooby, but...

Old 11-02-2003, 12:41 AM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I don't know if a flame thrower is enough. Better call in a napalm strike.

Old 11-02-2003, 12:46 AM   #10
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

I'll give you a list of reasons why this wont happen

1. Cuban wouldn't trade for Kobe because of his trial
2. Jackson doesn't do midseason trades
3. The Lakers could get much more for Kobe than Jamison
4. Why would Cuban trade for someone that is going to opt out of his contract next year?
5. The Lakers wont trade with a close rival.

Now I would like to close with this has to be one of the stupidest threads/trades I have ever read since I've been here.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:02 AM   #11
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

ditto what Fah Q said.....
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 01:32 AM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
the mavs section has officially hit an all time low

So true. I expect this during the offseaosn but no reason in the regular season for nonsense like this.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 01:55 AM   #13
V
Golden Member

I'll accept your criticism... and I'll even admit that -- given history & normal circumstances -- it's unlikely... but I want to go on record that this trade is going to happen...

Kobe is going to opt out... and the Mavs have more to give than anyone... plus Cuban is a maniac... so Bryant will be a Mav.

If I never contrinute anything to this board -- based on your reaction so far -- I epect full credit for calling this trade.

BTW - Give me a basketball reason why this won't happen... not some emotional "won't happen bs"

-- Don Nelson
Old 11-02-2003, 01:58 AM   #14
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Old 11-02-2003, 02:00 AM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: V
I'll accept your criticism... and I'll even admit that -- given history & normal circumstances -- it's unlikely... but I want to go on record that this trade is going to happen...

Kobe is going to opt out... and the Mavs have more to give than anyone... plus Cuban is a maniac... so Bryant will be a Mav.

If I never contrinute anything to this board -- based on your reaction so far -- I epect full credit for calling this trade.

BTW - Give me a basketball reason why this won't happen... not some emotional "won't happen bs"
For one, if he opts out of his contract it would take a sign and trade..... unless you really think Kobe will take the MLE..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2003, 02:07 AM   #16
V
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:

For one, if he opts out of his contract it would take a sign and trade..... unless you really think Kobe will take the MLE..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Nice try but Bryant is on record that he will opt out... so rather than loose him for nothing the Lakers will ship him to Dallas by February.

-- Don Nelson
Old 11-02-2003, 02:08 AM   #17
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I don't want to trade anything for that disgusting rapist. Let him rot in prison and get anally raped on a daily basis for the rest of his life.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 02:10 AM   #18
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I don't even need to say how stupid this thread is. Reading this board, you get the pleasure of reading some of the most worthless, mindless crap. It never ceases to amaze me.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:12 AM   #19
V
Golden Member

Geez, chill out Ape... Kobe's not guilty yet.

BTW - I'm not calling for the trade to happen ... I'm just calling it so I get my due credit when it happens ;-)

-- Don Nelson
Old 11-02-2003, 02:12 AM   #20
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nice try but Bryant is on record that he will opt out... so rather than loose him for nothing the Lakers will ship him to Dallas by February.
Why would they? You can't be serious.... Dallas is an elite team, why would LA want to improve our team?

And I would not want Cuban to do this without a sign/trade. Lose Jamison to rent Kobe out for a couple of months?

No thanks.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:14 AM   #21
V
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
I don't even need to say how stupid this thread is. Reading this board, you get the pleasure of reading some of the most worthless, mindless crap. It never ceases to amaze me.
C'mon man... good grief...

I've seen some rude posts... but this is out on line....

If you dont like this thread then Effoff.

-- Don Nelson
Old 11-02-2003, 02:21 AM   #22
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

V, I don't believe you understand what you are proposing here. When you are a team in this league you don't trade to the same conference you are in. Why do you think Ray Allen, Brad Miller, and Antonie Walker no longer play for the East? They were traded to the West. It's common sense really. You have to be an idiot to trade to the same conference that you are in especially a guy who is a top 3 player in this league. V, just stick to replying to threads.

1996-2005
Old 11-02-2003, 02:21 AM   #23
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't want the guy on my team, as my opinion of him has been diminished by his recent off-court issues, and also because I don't like that he's a ball-hog and feel that he's exactly the kind of me-first superstar who could destroy what the Mavs have built. V, I don't know if you're right about the trade ( I doubt it), but if it goes off I won't be giving you props for predicting it. I'll be cursing you.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:24 AM   #24
V
Golden Member

And by the way... you guys can wax philosophical about some Wallace to Dallas BS.. and when I note something unique / controversial you think it's appropriate to insult me?? EFF all yall.

I can appreciate a good debate but these responses are thoughtless, worthless, discouranging, unimaginative, and a waste of my time.

Good luck Dallas-Mavs fans.

-- Don Nelson
Old 11-02-2003, 02:24 AM   #25
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Okay V, here's my prediction:

Outside of your dreams, this will never happen. Not via trade/sign-trade/free-agency.

Kobe will not be a Maverick. Not anytime in the near future.

So, when my prediction comes true, I want props from you.... okay?
Old 11-02-2003, 02:26 AM   #26
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
And by the way... you guys can wax philosophical about some Wallace to Dallas BS.. and when I note something unique / controversial you think it's appropriate to insult me?? EFF all yall.

I can appreciate a good debate but these responses are thoughtless, worthless, discouranging, unimaginative, and a waste of my time.

Good luck Dallas-Mavs fans.
Was that a good-bye?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2003, 02:32 AM   #27
V
Golden Member

Thanks for the insight basketball fans. You've successfully alienated a legit contributer. This is my last post.

-- Don Nelson
Old 11-02-2003, 02:33 AM   #28
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Goodbye. Come back anytime.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:39 AM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

come on guys, ...lay off V a bit.
Sure, this was/is pretty much a thread that's been covered in the Around the NBA section..besides that, it's really not anything worth discussing..
but, V's got a little something in his bag. he's not one of the one's that needs to be run off...unless i'm missing something.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:47 AM   #30
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Sure, this was/is pretty much a thread that's been covered in the Around the NBA section..besides that, it's really not anything worth discussing..
but, V's got a little something in his bag. he's not one of the one's that needs to be run off...unless i'm missing something.

He just sat here and told us that it is a sure thing that Kobe will be a Mav in feburary. I don't wish anyone to leave this site but I think you have to question any poster who believes Kobe wil not only be traded but to the Mavs for Jamison.

1996-2005
Old 11-02-2003, 02:51 AM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

i'm just trying to be a peace maker FFM. You know me. I'm just looking out for the newbies best interests.

besides, that's why i said that this thread really wasn't worth discussing....not a chance in hell that the mavs trade for kobe
Old 11-02-2003, 02:53 AM   #32
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
I don't want him to leave. I didn't run him off. I was just trying to change his mind through civil discussion.

He was wrong, and apparently couldn't handle that being the case.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:59 AM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

U2, I just think you're being a little overly harsh. I, for one, am not too appreciative of it.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:00 AM   #34
V
Golden Member

(This is not an official post, since I left the board, rather it's a clarification)

I didnt say Kobe would be traded for Jamison... I said I think Kobe would be a Mav by February...

My guarantee that Kobe would be a Mav... well it's debateable... that's why I posted it... I was hoping for some BASKETBALL opinions... but it seems like there are only arrogant A-holes on this board (except for Murphy ;-) ... who would rather take my post literally than put any thought into the matter...

And i refuse to post on dallasbasketball.com because we all know they dont know round-ball from bocce ball...

So, you get nothing more from me... not that you care.. since you're all such effin experts, right!! lol

And ANOTHER thing - I'm SHOCKED at the lack of humor here... you guys need to chill out...

-- Don Nelson
Old 11-02-2003, 03:00 AM   #35
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

well Murph.... I call em' like I see em'.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:08 AM   #36
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
(This is not an official post, since I left the board, rather it's a clarification)

I didnt say Kobe would be traded for Jamison... I said I think Kobe would be a Mav by February...

My guarantee that Kobe would be a Mav... well it's debateable... that's why I posted it... I was hoping for some BASKETBALL opinions... but it seems like there are only arrogant A-holes on this board (except for Murphy ;-) ... who would rather take my post literally than put any thought into the matter...

And i refuse to post on dallasbasketball.com because we all know they dont know round-ball from bocce ball...

So, you get nothing more from me... not that you care.. since you're all such effin experts, right!! lol

And ANOTHER thing - I'm SHOCKED at the lack of humor here... you guys need to chill out...
You asked for basketball reasons why it would not happen. Many of us here, including myself, gave you many.

And you said, I quote "My money is on a package including Jamison..."

Again, a recap of my hot basketball opinions on this trade:

1. LA would not trade Kobe to an elite team in their own Conference
2. I would not want Kobe to do this trade without it being a sign/trade.
3. If Kobe opts out of his contract at the end of the year he would have to either force a sign/trade or accept the MLE.
4. Kobe will not be a Mav in the near future, not by trade/sign-trade/free-agency.

edit: you want humor? We have a jokes thread in the lounge.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:33 AM   #37
madape
Diamond Member

No, don't go! I want to hear more of your predictions!
Old 11-02-2003, 09:41 AM   #38
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

run a guy off cuz of one lousey thread...where were the mods???
really V, if you read this....and we all know you will...no matter what you change your name to, don't run away because of a little hatin'....come on back...you were doing fine...even this post was'nt the dumbest I've seen in the last couple days...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 09:51 AM   #39
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
run a guy off cuz of one lousey thread...where were the mods???
really V, if you read this....and we all know you will...no matter what you change your name to, don't run away because of a little hatin'....come on back...you were doing fine...even this post was'nt the dumbest I've seen in the last couple days...
I don't get this..... no one ran anyone off. He left on his own accord. As far as I can tell, a basketball discussion was going on here and he decided to leave.

Don't try to blame this on the other members of the board.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:57 AM   #40
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

How about a Mavs Don't Want a Raper on their team thread?

IF we did go for Kobe(which would shock the hell outta me), I think it would have Finley as the main guy in our package since both Bryant and Fin play the 2.
But seriously, we would never do this...
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote