Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 03-22-2001, 10:46 AM   #1
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

just thought i'd point something out. i was rather amazed by something that happened last night.
Shaq O'Neal was 12-15 from the free throw line last night.
he's almost up to 47% from the foul line..which is amazing considering how terrible he was shooting earlier in the year. if he doesn't watch out, he might hit 50% of his free throws this year (i know it's pathetic to talk about a guy as shooting free throws well when he's only making his way up to 50%, but it's a start for him this year).
if you remember, his string of mediocre (as opposed to pathetic) free throw shooting seemed to start against the mavs when nellie came back from his prostate cancer time off
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2001, 10:51 AM   #2
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

he is very streaky though, i'm sure he'll go something like 3-11 in their next game.
Old 03-22-2001, 11:14 AM   #3
LAM0015
Banned

but he's been consistently around 50% or higher recently
Old 03-22-2001, 11:52 AM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Shaq always hits stretches where he starts to look comfortable on the line... then he starts thinking about it, and gets bad again...
Old 03-22-2001, 12:44 PM   #5
LAM0015
Banned

umm..yes, i know that...but his stretches of not completely sucking usually don't last this long. yes, he has had a bad game or two along the way, but overall, he's been consistently not terrible for the past 20 games or so
Old 03-23-2001, 11:38 AM   #6
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

I agree Lam...it seems like he is finally shooting the ball with his fingertips instead of the palm of his hand. Also, he is developing a routine that he is using everytime he shoots one. I wouldn't be suprised to see him shoot 60% next year and avg around 34 pts when they get rid of Kome.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 11:41 AM   #7
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

He'll start thinking about his shooting in the playoffs though... That should mess him up again, just like it has throughout his career...
Old 03-23-2001, 11:41 AM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

These threads need to go in the 'Around the NBA' forum guys. Just an fyi. Don't forget about the other forums here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll move this thread in a sec.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 12:44 AM   #9
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Shaq went 10-of-13 at the free throw line tonight against the Wiz.
Old 03-24-2001, 12:46 AM   #10
djb
Administrator

Another interesting stat: the Lakers are 5-1 without Bryant in the lineup this year, but in the seven games O'Neal has missed, they're 4-3.
Old 03-24-2001, 10:24 AM   #11
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

personally, I really do think if the zen master gets his way, Kome is gone after the year. They are a better team feeding shaqkilo all game. Shaq knows this, phil knows this, Kome is the only one who doesn't (besides the Laker fans).
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 03-24-2001, 03:10 PM   #12
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Plus in those wins without kobe, Shaq is seriously averaging like 6 or 7 assists a game... the lakers are a better team this year without kobe...
Old 03-24-2001, 03:21 PM   #13
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

They will be even better next year after they trade Kobe...
Old 03-24-2001, 03:26 PM   #14
djb
Administrator

That trade rumor that involved the Lakers sending Kobe to the Clips for Odom and Miles..I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Old 03-24-2001, 03:28 PM   #15
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Watch out for Marbury-Kobe if the Lakers don't do well in the playoffs... This Summer they can be traded straight up for each other (they have the same contract)... Also, that Odom/Miles trade would have kept the Lakers contending for a long, long time (assuming it is more than a rumour...)
Old 03-24-2001, 06:56 PM   #16
The Crippler
Diamond Member

evil has convinced me of kome/marbury this summer...watch for it.
Old 03-24-2001, 08:31 PM   #17
Hales233
Golden Member

how could the lakers trade kobe?? i don't like him at all, but shaq is retiring in a few years, and kobe is set to be a laker for the next 15 years...wouldn't trading him be ludicrous??
Old 03-24-2001, 08:35 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

Shaq's only 29. He can easily play for at least another 5-10 years if he wanted to. Just so long as he doesn't eat too many Krispy Kremes and gain 100+ lbs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2001, 09:27 PM   #19
Hales233
Golden Member

i agree DJ, but Shaq has said he's only playing a few more years, and i tend to believe him.