Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-23-2006, 07:45 AM   #41
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

Stoudemire feels no pain in knee after 1-on-1 games

Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic

Amaré Stoudemire was barely into his first basketball game in 8 1/2 months when he went down on his back. The US Airways Center's usual bustle of bouncing balls and chit-chat was replaced by a nervous silence.

Stoudemire then popped to his feet, signaled an offensive foul with a big grin, promptly nailed a baseline jumper and delivered a two-handed slam a few plays later.

Stoudemire's return to competitive basketball continued Wednesday with his first one-on-one play with contact. He matched up with another tall, athletic player in Nikoloz Tskitishvili for five games to five points each.

His competitive fire was clearly intact, screaming at the ball to "get in there" and asking to play a tiebreaking fifth game despite being obviously winded. It was 3-3 in the final game when Stoudemire hit a step-back 18-foot jump shot. After an exchange of misses, Stoudemire won with a straightaway three-pointer that was not his first three-point make of the session.

Because he was limited to shooting for two months, his perimeter game may be ahead of his inside game for now.

"My inside game is pretty much based on quickness and my quickness is back to where it was," Stoudemire said. "I've just got to get the explosiveness back and just get the feel back.

"I was getting more and more comfortable, not really favoring it, trying to get over that mental aspect and I felt pretty good toward the end."

Stoudemire said he felt no pain, only stiffness in the left knee that underwent the microfracture procedure in October.

"I was impressed because he seemed to get more and more comfortable," Suns assistant coach Marc Iavaroni said. "At first he was tentative but then got more and more sure of himself. It's hard to believe it's been this long and then here he is on the floor taking chances."

Even when the final game was done, Stoudemire asked Iavaroni if he could work on his defense some more. He said the feel of the defensive end would be hardest to regain.

"My feet were just a little slow," Stoudemire said. "I haven't moved them so fast in close to a year. I'm just trying to get back, get the feel of the game."

Stoudemire said he still would take slow steps, probably limiting himself to one-on-one play for about a week before moving to two-on-two.

"Feeling the power and the explosiveness is going to take time," Iavaroni said, explaining that Stoudemire would be searching for his balance with a healing left knee.

There is still no timetable, just private hopes of a return in mid- or late March. How much does he need to be playoff ready?

"It doesn't matter," Stoudemire said. "Once I get that feel back in the five-on-five and the physical contact, I'm ready for whatever."
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #42
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Stoudemire's certainly made the most of his time off to make like, a bajillion commercials for Nike, almost all of which are pretty crappy. Hopefully his return to the court will signal an end to that.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:34 AM   #43
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not scared of Amare or the Suns. Even if they did beat us in the playoffs, they will never with a championship all offense and no defense. THEY HAVE NO BIG MAN to patrol the paint. Amare is gonna get his points, with everyone else. As its proved time and time and time and time and time and time again, you don't EVER win a championship when you don't play defense. Did you see nash at the all-star game? Schooled by every guard he was guarding. This isn't optimism, its realism in today's nba. Offense just doesn't win championships. So with or without Amare, they aren't going to win it until they get at least in the top 10 in defense.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:45 PM   #44
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

And when he comes back, that's going to put a damper on the rest of Diaw's season. Since Diaw needs the ball in his hands to be effective, he's going to figure out that the ball is going to either be in Nash or Amare's hands when he's on the court.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:48 PM   #45
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly....and if the Mavs can't defend the Suns, then we're not a good defensive team. Avery needs to make them play to our game if we meet in the playoffs, not vice versa. The whole point of our new defense should be focused on stopping Detroit, SA, Phoenix.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:39 PM   #46
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

Marion usually gives Dirk a battle, and we haven't had a great answer for Amare. We need to put this demon to rest just like the Laker demon.
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:30 PM   #47
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Dirk did have a pretty good series against Marion....
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:13 PM   #48
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Report: Stoudemire cleared for five-on-five play

ESPN.com news services
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2347772

Amare Stoudemire's knee continues to improve.

The Phoenix Suns forward has been cleared for five-on-five practice, The Arizona Republic reported in Tuesday's editions.

"I felt really good with the one-on-ones, and it's not going to change anything if I skip some steps, so I might as well get in five-on-five practices," Stoudemire told the newspaper. "My main thing is to make sure I'm healthy. Personally, I feel pretty good. I'm not choosing this on behalf of anyone else's injury."

Stoudemire underwent microfracture surgery Oct. 11 after knee soreness that surfaced during the offseason worsened during the first week of training camp.

The best-case scenario has him returning in March, something he said might be possible.

"That sounds close if everything keeps progressing," Stoudemire told the Republic.
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:16 PM   #49
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
....and it's not going to change anything if I skip some steps....
Famous last words.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:32 AM   #50
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

Stoudemire sounds down on returning this season

Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic

PORTLAND, Ore. - When Amaré Stoudemire comes back, when Amaré Stoudemire comes back, when Amaré Stoudemire comes back . . .

It's been the favorite phrase in NBA hypotheses involving the Suns this season, but maybe the more appropriate thing to say, based on the outlook Stoudemire gave Sunday, is if Amaré Stoudemire comes back.

"It's still 50-50," Stoudemire said, sounding more discouraged than at any point of his rehabilitation process from an October microfracture procedure on his left knee.

"If I'm not ready, then I'm not ready. Right now, I'm not ready."

His shaken confidence comes from a problem in his right knee, where a fluid buildup behind the kneecap has stunted his comeback for the past two weeks.

He has considered not coming back at all this season more than ever in the past week, he said, "because every time I play ball one day, the next day I feel a lot of pain, a lot of discomfort" in the right knee.

"I figured I'd be ready by now," Stoudemire said. "My right knee is hurting more than my left. I think it's just from overcompensating - a little fluid buildup that's in there. I'm just trying to get that out and get back. Once I get the rest and the treatment, it goes away. Then I have three strong days and it comes back. I haven't played a five-on-five game yet so I haven't put it to the test."

After Phoenix's 111-101 loss to Portland, Suns head athletic trainer Aaron Nelson said Stoudemire's right knee had improved after two days of rest.

Stoudemire said he has had a "rough" time since playing full- and half-court games of three-on-three on Friday. On a scale from 1 to 10, he said he reaches a peak of eight only to go back down to a five.

"I had four real good days back to back to back to back, but after that, my right knee became real stiff and at times it's kind of rough to get around," he said.

Stoudemire said he underwent a magnetic resonance imaging test that showed only buildup and the normal wear and tear of an NBA player.

He was cleared to play by the Suns medical staff, leaving the onus on Stoudemire to decide when he feels he is able to play games.

"I'm medically cleared as far as the healing process and as far as everything healing up correctly, but as far as pain level and discomfort level in my mind, I'm not really cleared yet," said Stoudemire, who said his right knee feels tight and stiff and hurts when his leg is extended.

"If it was up to my left knee right now, I probably would've played last week."

Stoudemire said he still feels he has two weeks to a month to come back. He said he will not make a sudden day-of-game decision to return but will wait until he has four to six consecutive days of "feeling great."

For Stoudemire, that means more than just dunking and getting his vertical leap back to where it was. It means being able to stop on a dime, hit his jump shot and run without conditioning problems.
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:40 AM   #51
Carolina Blue

Carolina Blue is on a distinguished road

Marc Stein wrote about it in his Weekend Dime...seems like they're gonna do whatever they can to protect their $70 mil investment even if it means waiting 'til next year...
Carolina Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:25 PM   #52
Milles

Milles will become famous soon enoughMilles will become famous soon enough

Sounds like Amare could be back tomorrow.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns.../0322suns.html

Stoudemire set to return
Says he's 80 percent sure he'll play Thursday

Doug Haller
The Arizona Republic
March 22, 2006

Suns forward Amaré Stoudemire could be back in action as quickly as Thursday night.

The All-Star big man, out since left knee surgery in October, said the chances were “80-20” that he’d play Thursday night when the Suns host the Portland Trail Blazers at U.S. Airways Center.

Stoudemire said today was the best he’d felt since the microfracture surgery and that, barring any swelling in his recently troublesome right knee on Thursday morning, he was hopeful that he’d be on the court vs. the Trail Blazers.

“If I wake up feeling good tomorrow, then it’s possible I’ll play,’’ Stoudemire said. “I tell you what, it’s been a long process, it’s been a long time coming. I just can’t wait to step foot back on that Phoenix logo.”

Coach Mike D’Antoni said Stoudemire would play when he’s ready to play, deflecting questions on the specifics of Thursday night.
Milles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:01 PM   #53
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=st&type=lgns

Suns F-C Stoudemire could return Thursday
March 22, 2006

PHOENIX (Ticker) - The long-awaited return of Phoenix Suns star center Amare Stoudemire could be Thursday night.

Stoudemire said Wednesday that there is an 80 percent chance of his being in uniform when the Suns host the Portland Trail Blazers on Thursday.

The team's website reported that Stoudemire participated in 5-on-5 drills for the third straight day Wednesday and was put on the club's active roster.

ESPN.com reported that Stoudemire will play Thursday.

Sidelined since October after undergoing microfracture surgery on his left knee in October, Stoudemire was uncertain about returning this season as recently as last week.

After a discussion with Suns CEO Jerry Colangelo and five straight days of practice, the 2005 All-Star may finally be ready to go.

The addition of Stoudemire would be a phenomenal lift for the Suns, who already are en route to their second straight Pacific Division title with a 45-21 record but could use a boost in anticipation of potential postseason showdowns with San Antonio or Dallas, the top teams in the Western Conference.

Last season, the 6-10 Stoudemire was fifth in the NBA in scoring at 26 points per game and second in shooting at 56 percent. He also averaged 8.9 rebounds and 1.6 blocks.

In early October, the Suns signed Stoudemire, 23, to a five-year, $73 million contract extension. Shortley thereafter, they discovered that their star big man had a joint surface defect in his left knee that required microfracture surgery.

The procedure is followed by long-term rehabilitation that has set back other star players such as Chris Webber and Allan Houston. Stoudemire initially was pegged to return in February, but the timetable was pushed back to March.

Upon resuming workouts, Stoudemire experienced swelling in the knee. Given the team's strong play without him and the concern over his long-term future, consideration was given to having Stoudemire sit out the entire season.

That would have been welcome news for rival teams as Stoudemire has gotten better in every season since the Suns selected him ninth overall out of high school in the 2002 draft.

Stoudemire was the 2003 Rookie of the Year, averaging 13.5 points and 8.8 rebounds. The following season, he improved to 20.6 points and 9.0 rebounds, overcoming an injury to win Rookie Challenge MVP honors at All-Star Weekend.

Without Stoudemire, Phoenix's top seven scorers this season are averaging career highs. Among them is All-Star point guard Steve Nash, who leads the NBA in assists and could win his second straight NBA MVP.

Last edited by NXperience; 03-22-2006 at 08:02 PM.
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:11 PM   #54
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Good bring the sucka' back....
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #55
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I look forward to his return. It should be interesting to see how he and his knee respond.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:44 PM   #56
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't be happier. Now they won't have any excuses when the Mavs slap their bitch asses around in the WCF.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:25 AM   #57
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Amare told ESPN today that there is a 90% chance he will play in Portland.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:33 AM   #58
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Does he have an LCD on the palm of his hand that tells him the percentage? 47% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I am curious to see how he's going to come back. Something tells me he'll never be the same.......
Old 03-23-2006, 05:17 PM   #59
diop it like its hot

diop it like its hot will become famous soon enoughdiop it like its hot will become famous soon enough
Default Amare is back

According to NBA.com. Now I'm a lil worried boys and girls.
diop it like its hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:20 PM   #60
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Why?
Old 03-23-2006, 05:21 PM   #61
diop it like its hot

diop it like its hot will become famous soon enoughdiop it like its hot will become famous soon enough

cuz we didnt have an answer for him last year
Old 03-23-2006, 05:26 PM   #62
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

Let's see if he doesn't pull a Webber.

The Spurs had no one to stop him either ... and if I'm not mistaken it hasn't hurt them.

Last edited by NXperience; 03-23-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:28 PM   #63
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by diop it like its hot
cuz we didnt have an answer for him last year
That was before microfracture surgury.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:31 PM   #64
diop it like its hot

I'm hope not too, but don't count dude out just yet.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #65
NXperience

I think nobody is counting him out but Amare is the one to proof that the surgery hasn't bothered him ... that's still to be shown.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:47 PM   #66
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

He may be back, but is he better than ever? Is he getting his cheddar?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:51 PM   #67
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

DJ, Diop, Powell ??

Not sure if any of them can guard him, but all of them are more fleet of foot than Damp, Bradley, and Henderson.

Also, Damp didn't do that bad of a job, at least not at times.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:14 PM   #68
Drbio
Banned

Around the NBA section maybe?

Or better yet, maybe in the Amare thread that is already there where this was already being discussed?

Last edited by Drbio; 03-23-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:17 PM   #69
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Why is this thread in the Mavs section. Amare does not concern the Mavs.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:34 PM   #70
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I moved it and merged with existing thread.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:51 PM   #71
NXperience

Well Amare seems to be in shape ... well on the other hand he is plaing against Portland
Old 03-23-2006, 11:39 PM   #72
Drbio
Banned

He's looked pretty good from what I saw.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:58 PM   #73
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXperience
Well Amare seems to be in shape ... well on the other hand he is plaing against Portland
They gave us a run for our money .

Stoudemire finishes with 20 pts (7-14 FGM-A, 6-7 FTM-A), 9 rebs (5 of), 2 blks in 19 min.

Last edited by orangedays; 03-23-2006 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:59 PM   #74
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
He's looked pretty good from what I saw.
Just another body to step over.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:01 AM   #75
orangedays
Platinum Member

On a related note...Victor Khryapa finishes with 22 pts (8-10 FGM-A) and 12 rebs? The Suns defense is absolutely awful.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:08 AM   #76
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Both teams shot right around 48%, and the suns won by ~20.. Steve Nash played 17 minutes. It says more about the efficiency of the Suns offense and their rebounding/2nd chance pts/pts off to's if both teams shot the same %.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:20 AM   #77
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

9 boards in 19 minutes? Please, Hammer, don't hurt 'em.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:31 AM   #78
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s
Both teams shot right around 48%, and the suns won by ~20.. Steve Nash played 17 minutes. It says more about the efficiency of the Suns offense and their rebounding/2nd chance pts/pts off to's if both teams shot the same %.
You meant 27 min. right?

Well the Suns were out-rebounded 49-42...19-13 on the offensive boards. I don't think it had anything to do with their 'offensive efficiency' - the Suns just shot 30 3-pointers (making 13) to the Blazers' 13 (making 6). That's a difference of 21 points (or at the very least 7 assuming that the Blazers' made a 2 for every 3 the Suns made, which probably wasn't the case). Also, the Blazers just didn't take care of the ball - 20 TO's...that's just awful.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:37 AM   #79
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

yahoo showed 17 mins..nba.com shows 27 mins. Weird.

You can't say the suns' d is bad, and then say the blazers didn't take care of the ball...Obviously, someone forced some turnovers. Something's gotta give..
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:42 AM   #80
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s
yahoo showed 17 mins..nba.com shows 27 mins. Weird.

You can't say the suns' d is bad, and then say the blazers didn't take care of the ball...Obviously, someone forced some turnovers. Something's gotta give..
Ah...but you see I can.

Worst offenses in the NBA? At #30...dead last, the Portland Trailblazers.
Worst defenses in the NBA? At #25, the Phoenix Suns.

The Blazers force enough of their own turnovers, I mean...I'm sure that the Suns played their role tonight but I also don't think that they can take any credit for Portland's performance. That being said, my earlier comment about the Suns' awful D was with regards to Khryapa's breakout game.

Last edited by orangedays; 03-24-2006 at 12:43 AM.