Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-27-2006, 11:59 AM   #41
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I guess the 2 game suspension didn't count either.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #42
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

You have your biter, you have your kicker, all you need now is a slapper and a screamer and you have the all bitch team!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:08 PM   #43
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
You have your biter, you have your kicker, all you need now is a slapper and a screamer and you have the all bitch team!
Classic.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:09 PM   #44
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin
so then why no fine? tech? i saw the same thing and initially thought he bit stack..turns out he did not.. so why are you still defending something that did not happen?
The last pic that sixeightmkw posted cearly showed that Horry bit Stackhouse, but still you think that he didn't, because the league didn't supsend him?

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:11 PM   #45
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Arne:

You will have to excuse Gervin....he never lets facts get in the way of homeristic rantings.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:12 PM   #46
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
George, you're making a fool of yourself.
With every single post.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:16 PM   #47
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw

or mabey this pic

or this one.
Pretty conclusive.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:17 PM   #48
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Pretty conclusive.

conclusive? yet no fine.. that's wierd.
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #49
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

he was just kissing Stack, thats it. HE WAS SUSPENDED 2 GAMES dumbass
Old 03-27-2006, 12:20 PM   #50
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Arne:

You will have to excuse Gervin....he never lets facts get in the way of homeristic rantings.

well sit on the fact that horry never made contact on stack with his teeth. please refute that fact... for a smart guy doc your not very bright..
Old 03-27-2006, 12:20 PM   #51
George Gervin

Quote:
he was just kissing Stack, thats it. HE WAS SUSPENDED 2 GAMES dumbass

for pushing the referee dumbass..
Old 03-27-2006, 12:21 PM   #52
Drbio
Banned

Man Gervin....you've passed mavdog as the biggest dumbass in this sites history.

oddly....it isn't even close.

Last edited by Drbio; 03-27-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:22 PM   #53
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

This thread just reminded me how funny the word pecker is.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:22 PM   #54
George Gervin

Quote:
Man Gervin....you've passed mavdog as the biggest dumbass in this sites history.

oddly....it isn't even close.

so you can't refute the fact that horry never touched him? funny you just said facts never get in the way of my homersim..ever looked in the mirror?
Old 03-27-2006, 12:26 PM   #55
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Allen looks like he was focused on complaining to the ref about the foul, then he gets kicked in the back at which point he turned and attempted to retaliate.

Watching it again, it doesn't even look like Allen was on Bowen's foot. The way that Allen landed, it appears that Bowen's foot was caught between Allen's arm and his torso...for less than a second...and it doesn't appear that Allen tried anything malicious.

Do you realize you contradicted yourself with these 2 statements? Less than a second... now your getting ridiculous..
Haha...you don't really want to do that buddy.

Watching it again...you know what that means? It means I watched the video once...wrote the first line you quoted, then watched it again...and wrote the second line you quoted. Where's the contradiction? When I said that Allen didn't try anything malicious, I was obviously referring to pre-kick. Your inability to understand that should not equate to my contradicting myself.

Try again.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:27 PM   #56
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
yeah sort of like your best player calling out other teammeates during a playoff run..very classy indeed..
Yes. Yes...why didn't I see it before.

Instead of calling out my teammates next time I play a game of basketball I will kick them and bite them.

That's what makes a champion.

Thank you so much
Old 03-27-2006, 12:33 PM   #57
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

hah, this is sooo funny. I just took a little run through the internet and there are so many forums out there for other teams like Seattle, Hornets and other teams that were saying How Horry is a Bitch and a cheap SOB. Everybody in the NBA knows Horry bit stack, even SA fans. I just wish I could find the actaual video of the incident, in that one, you can see his teeth and everything. It is really funny how someone could even say he didn't even touch Stack. This is so hilarious how someone could be that much of a dumbass.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #58
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

George is right.

The spurs don't bite - they suck.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:38 PM   #59
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
so you can't refute the fact that horry never touched him? funny you just said facts never get in the way of my homersim..ever looked in the mirror?
Horry Never Touched Him?? LOOK AT THE PICTURES MAN!!! Sixeight couldn't have made it more clear!! Robert Horry (the dude on the left) is VERY CLEARLY opening...AND THEN CLOSING...his mouth around the left forearm of Jerry Stackhouse (the dude on the right). Do you really want to see teeth marks? Was Horry going to gum Stack to death? This is not Trailer-Park Dinner Theatre...people in the real world have teeth GG.

So what is it? A man-nibble? We get that you like Bruce Bowen but get his sack out of your mouth and nut up to the fact that your boy (and his boy Big Shot Rob) is a thug.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:41 PM   #60
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

it was a man Kiss, he likes Stack and wanted to give him a hickey on the arm.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:45 PM   #61
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
it was a man Kiss, he likes Stack and wanted to give him a hickey on the arm.
Ew...

I wonder if Stack had to get a tetanus shot afterwards. If we showed GG the needle, then maybe he'd believe us.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:45 PM   #62
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

foolishness...

why Bowen has not been seriously punished by the league for his continual dirty play is beyond me....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:47 PM   #63
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Ray Allen is a class act. He once called Dirk the best shooter in the NBA, he's not a thug, he doesn't talk shit in public, he doesn't fuck around in Denver, he doesn't bite, kick or scream.

Bruce Bowen is a dirty player who got frustrated by the pure beauty of Ray's shot.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:50 PM   #64
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
Horry Never Touched Him?? LOOK AT THE PICTURES MAN!!! Sixeight couldn't have made it more clear!! Robert Horry (the dude on the left) is VERY CLEARLY opening...AND THEN CLOSING...his mouth around the left forearm of Jerry Stackhouse (the dude on the right). Do you really want to see teeth marks? Was Horry going to gum Stack to death? This is not Trailer-Park Dinner Theatre...people in the real world have teeth GG.

So what is it? A man-nibble? We get that you like Bruce Bowen but get his sack out of your mouth and nut up to the fact that your boy (and his boy Big Shot Rob) is a thug.

so then why did the league do nothing? the league mandates that the game stops when there is blood for christs sake!..so I guess biting someone is ok with Stack, whiner cuban and the nba? remember the same cuban who cried when bowen and finley got tangled up ? the cat must have his tounge on this one considering he allows his players' health to be put in jepordy...I guess you want to state that the league does not have a problem with someone biting another player? any league response to share? or are you going to stick with your buddies on this one?
Old 03-27-2006, 12:53 PM   #65
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

So, one soemone bites someone, there's automatically blood? I very rarely draw blood when I bite someone.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:59 PM   #66
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
so then why did the league do nothing? the league mandates that the game stops when there is blood for christs sake!..so I guess biting someone is ok with Stack, whiner cuban and the nba? remember the same cuban who cried when bowen and finley got tangled up ? the cat must have his tounge on this one considering he allows his players' health to be put in jepordy...I guess you want to state that the league does not have a problem with someone biting another player? any league response to share? or are you going to stick with your buddies on this one?
God must be bored because that is some holy crap right there. Blood? Are you serious? Would it really need to come to the point where Horry would have to draw blood from Stack's arm in order for you to believe that Stack was bitten?

This is a serious PR issue for the NBA - they do NOT need negative publicity stemming from an on-court incident where a relatively visible player on a high-profile team like the Spurs BITES another player. Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? Let me put it to your this way:

"Dear Sir, your son was suspended today for biting a child at school."

Obviously, Stern was smart enough (and he's got one-up on you here) to realize that the fall-out from such publicity would be highly detrimental to the image of the NBA, a league already tarnished by the incident at the Palace. As a result (looking at the big picture), he made the decision to not turn the issue into one of biting. The fact is, Horry was punished - two games without pay. That is a fact (sorry to bring that up but you don't seem to like facts). The official release did not specify whether Horry bit Stack for the reasons I outlined briefly above.

As a matter fact, I challenge you to find a single news release from a reputable source that explicity states that Horry did not attempt to bite Stackhouse.

Last edited by orangedays; 03-27-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:04 PM   #67
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Official suspension handed down quoted from NBA.com

NEW YORK, March 3 – Robert Horry of the San Antonio Spurs has been suspended two games without pay for intentionally making physical contact with a game official and for his actions during an altercation with Dallas’ Jerry Stackhouse, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President of Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred with 1:02 remaining in the fourth period of the Spurs 98-89 win over the Mavericks at AT&T Center in San Antonio. Horry and Stackhouse were each assessed a personal and technical foul and, subsequently, Stackhouse’s foul has been upgraded by the League Office to a Flagrant Foul Penalty One.

Stackhouse has also been fined $30,000 for publicly criticizing the officials following the game.

Horry will serve his suspension tomorrow when the Spurs host the Portland Trail Blazers and on Monday, March 6 when the Spurs face the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center. "
Old 03-27-2006, 01:07 PM   #68
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

so if he was suspended for just pushing an official, why was an altercation with Stack even mentioned in the suspension? The befuddles me. I guess they just hugged and kissed, that must have been the altercation talked about in the suspension.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:08 PM   #69
George Gervin

Quote:
Official suspension handed down quoted from NBA.com

NEW YORK, March 3 – Robert Horry of the San Antonio Spurs has been suspended two games without pay for intentionally making physical contact with a game official and for his actions during an altercation with Dallas’ Jerry Stackhouse, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President of Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred with 1:02 remaining in the fourth period of the Spurs 98-89 win over the Mavericks at AT&T Center in San Antonio. Horry and Stackhouse were each assessed a personal and technical foul and, subsequently, Stackhouse’s foul has been upgraded by the League Office to a Flagrant Foul Penalty One.

Stackhouse has also been fined $30,000 for publicly criticizing the officials following the game.

Horry will serve his suspension tomorrow when the Spurs host the Portland Trail Blazers and on Monday, March 6 when the Spurs face the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center. "

still don't see anything in regards to a bite? i guess the bite was part of the 'action' with stackhouse
Old 03-27-2006, 01:09 PM   #70
George Gervin

Quote:
so if he was suspended for just pushing an official, why was an altercation with Stack even mentioned in the suspension? The befuddles me. I guess they just hugged and kissed, that must have been the altercation talked about in the suspension.

maybe, just maybe, the pushing of the ref was a direct result of the altercation..just a hunch..
Old 03-27-2006, 01:12 PM   #71
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
i guess the bite was part of the 'action' with stackhouse

Took you long enough but apology accepted on behalf of every human being ever.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:16 PM   #72
George Gervin

Quote:

Took you long enough but apology accepted on behalf of every human being ever.

why should i apologize when i have been correct from the start? no apology from me skippy..
Old 03-27-2006, 01:18 PM   #73
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

If anyone can find the video, please post it,. I can't find it anywhere.
It is great when after Jet sees this happening and tries to push Horry off of Stack, he walks back to Avery and says" he just effing bit stack" then the refs go after Horry and try to get him away fro Stack, not the other way around. Yes mabey Horry biting stack did cause him to push to ref. But still the fact is he bit Stack which caused the incident with the Ref.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:19 PM   #74
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
why should i apologize when i have been correct from the start? no apology from me skippy..
*sigh*

Fine.

Quote:
As a matter fact, I challenge you to find a single news release from a reputable source that explicity states that Horry did not attempt to bite Stackhouse.
Still waiting...
Old 03-27-2006, 01:20 PM   #75
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Arguing with GG is like arguing with a drunk. If pictures of the Horry clearly biting Stack won't even convince him that the bit took place then nothing will......And Bowen clearly kicked Allen in the back.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:23 PM   #76
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Arguing with GG is like arguing with a drunk. If pictures of the Horry clearly biting Stack won't even convince him that the bit took place then nothing will......And Bowen clearly kicked Allen in the back.
No, the shoe touched his back but his actual foot did not touch him... That does not qualify a kick in any way shape or form!
Old 03-27-2006, 01:23 PM   #77
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Quote:
he said "skippy"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:24 PM   #78
orangedays
Platinum Member

The drunk can listen to Stackhouse talk about it here.

There's also a good video with Allen talking about Bowen:

Reporter: "Did Bruce get you charged up personally?"
Allen: "Well...I don't know if people see it out there. Every time we run down the court he's throwing little jabs and he's kicking me and doing things like that."

Yeah...
Old 03-27-2006, 01:27 PM   #79
orangedays
Platinum Member

Hahahahaha...oh sh*t.

People should go to www.roberthorry.net.

Quote:
WHAT'S NEW

Horry returns, takes a bite out of the Mavs, suspended 2 games

CLICK HERE to listen to Horry's post-game comments on "the bite" ... apologizing for what he almost did and then saying, "I should have punched him instead."
Old 03-27-2006, 01:28 PM   #80
George Gervin

Quote:
*sigh*

Fine.

Still waiting...

ok then i will offer you the same challenge..find something that explicitly states horry did in fact bite stack.

i'll wait as well.