Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-27-2006, 01:28 PM   #81
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

yeah I ran across that. pretty funny
Old 03-27-2006, 01:31 PM   #82
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
Hahahahaha...oh sh*t.

People should go to www.roberthorry.net.

so how are you ladies going to apologize? eat crow? alphabetical order? where's drbio? he said facts never got in the way of my homerism.. i wonder if he will apologize?
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:31 PM   #83
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Horry docked pair of games

Web Posted: 03/04/2006 12:47 AM CST
Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

It didn't take long for Robert Horry's cell phone to start filling with messages Friday morning. Big Shot Rob, apparently, had earned a new nickname.

"Everyone was calling me Mike Tyson," Horry said.

Horry's nibble — or gumming, depending on who you ask — of Dallas guard Jerry Stackhouse on Thursday night also earned him something else: a suspension.
Quote:
The incident occurred with 1:02 remaining in the Spurs' 98-89 victory over the Mavericks after Horry and Stackhouse became entangled near Dallas' basket. Stackhouse appeared to shove his forearm into the face of Horry, who clamped his mouth around Stackhouse's arm.

Unlike Tyson, who chomped off a piece of Evander Holyfield's ear in a 1997 heavyweight fight, Horry said he never bit Stackhouse.

"When you haven't been playing, you have a lot of emotion and stuff," said Horry, who was appearing in his first game in nearly three weeks. "I almost reverted back to my old days when you're in the schoolyard fighting with somebody. They grab you around the neck, so you just get out the best way you can.

"He had his arm around my shoulder, and I was trying to get loose. It was like, 'Let me go, or I'm going to bite you.' So he let me go."
*ahem*
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:31 PM   #84
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin
ok then i will offer you the same challenge..find something that explicitly states horry did in fact bite stack.

i'll wait as well.
Please. What is the difference between Horry actually biting and TRYING to bite??
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:33 PM   #85
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Please. What is the difference between Horry actually biting and TRYING to bite??

BECAUSE HE DIDN'T BITE HIM...
Old 03-27-2006, 01:34 PM   #86
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
He's a biter. He tries to bite but isn't always successful.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:36 PM   #87
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I guess there's two things Geroge Gervin could always do:

Finger-roll
Act like a complete moron on an internet message board

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 03-27-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #88
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Please tell me what Horry did with his lips around Stacks arm that would cause both Stack and Jet Terry to say on camera he effing bit me/him, and cause the refs to bull rush Horry which in turn led to Horry grabbing and pushing the ref. Please tell me what he did cause I got no idea what would cause all of that. Were all the Mavs high on drugs and hallucianted the whole thing and were we all high too and hallucinated it as well? I doubt that.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #89
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

I'm going to go ahead and take this opportunity to spread some love to my fellow posters.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:45 PM   #90
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
so how are you ladies going to apologize? eat crow? alphabetical order? where's drbio? he said facts never got in the way of my homerism.. i wonder if he will apologize?
Apologize? My friend, you are possibly the stupidest person I have ever shared words with on this message board. I hope that in the real world you are not this hard-headed and absolutely ignorant to the facts even when they have been painstakingly laid out in front of you.

This is only the second time I've ever used this, but I think it is well-deserved.

Run along now.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:01 PM   #91
George Gervin

Quote:
Apologize? My friend, you are possibly the stupidest person I have ever shared words with on this message board. I hope that in the real world you are not this hard-headed and absolutely ignorant to the facts even when they have been painstakingly laid out in front of you.

This is only the second time I've ever used this, but I think it is well-deserved.

Run along now.

facts? the league says he did not do it. horry says he did not do it. terry nor stack have said he did it and i am hard headed? why don't you admit that you might have been wrong?

how will i ever recover from you cut & pasted picture..may i commend you on your originality?

Last edited by George Gervin; 03-27-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:04 PM   #92
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Quote:
facts? the league says he did not do it. horry says he did not do it. terry nor stack have said he did it and i am hard headed? why don't you admit that you might have been wrong?

how will i ever recover from you cut & pasted picture..may i commend you on your originality?
Of course Horry is going to say he didn't do it.

And for the matter of Terry and Stack, Terry stated it in the game, as per the video. Stack said he did it after the game in postgame interview.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:10 PM   #93
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
Of course Horry is going to say he didn't do it.

And for the matter of Terry and Stack, Terry stated it in the game, as per the video. Stack said he did it after the game in postgame interview.

again, then why didn't cuban go to the league office? if he did in fact bite him i would have expected cuban to complain about it and rightfully so.. it looked like he but he did not..that's it..
Old 03-27-2006, 02:11 PM   #94
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Look:

1. The NBA made no statement as to whether or not Horry attempted to bite Stackhouse. I clearly explained the rationale for their approach in an earlier post and will not go into it again now in the interest of brevity.

2. Horry did not say he did not do it. As a matter of fact, Horry explicity says that he was going to bite Stackhouse. Look at the posts I made - immediately after the incident Horry even said that his intention was to (verbatim) get Stack off of him. Did he actually bite Stack? Sure, we may never know - even if he did it appears to be the case that Stackhouse did not seem to realize it because (based on your rationale) Horry didn't draw blood. Is it apparent that Horry's intent was to bite Stack? Yes. Yes. A thousand times Yes. A million times Yes. A brazillion times Yes.

3. Stack and Terry? Horry's friends were calling him Mike Tyson! Do you think it's because Rob beats his wife? NO! It's because he attempted to BITE someone! Get the joke?

I will not admit I'm wrong because I was not wrong. Son (and I use the term 'son' not to allude to any sort of age difference but because I am obviously your Daddy), you just need to realize that you stepped into a hornet's nest and take this opportunity to back away slowly. You have your facts wrong. You tried and failed to defend a party that was obviously guilty. And you tried to call out the wrong f*ckin poster.

Don't do it again.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:15 PM   #95
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
so you can't refute the fact that horry never touched him? funny you just said facts never get in the way of my homersim..ever looked in the mirror?

More dumbassedness from the spurs troll.

He never touched him huh?

I guess his teeth, lips and hands don't count.

Stupid pecker (since someone thoguth it funny earlier).
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:16 PM   #96
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
George is right.

The spurs don't bite - they suck.
And their fans gargle.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:19 PM   #97
wescx

wescx will become famous soon enoughwescx will become famous soon enough

This from a spurs blog
http://www.poundingtherock.com/story.../27/12154/9143

"Again, I haven't seen the replay, but the NBA will probably suspend him a game. And you know what? The Spurs should suspend him an additional game. Look, I dislike Ray Allen with an unbridled passion, to the point where I will just totally make stuff up about him: he gets his pedicures at a low-rent place in Pioneer Square and I swear he once fondled my package while waiting in line at Red Mill Burgers. But you just don't kick people, OK?"
Old 03-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #98
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

hahahahaha, this is hilarious. I love it.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:27 PM   #99
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

ruff... ruff ruff... grrr... ruff!

That is how Orangedays previous post read!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:48 PM   #100
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

This is by far one of the most entertaining threads Ive read. Great comical stuff.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #101
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
He's a biter. He tries to bite but isn't always successful.
classic

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #102
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Horry even said he bit Stack. There's no arguing it. Horry said it was 'playful' after the game, although he was probably just trying to cover his ass as much as he possibly could.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:52 PM   #103
George Gervin

Quote:
Look:

1. The NBA made no statement as to whether or not Horry attempted to bite Stackhouse. I clearly explained the rationale for their approach in an earlier post and will not go into it again now in the interest of brevity.

2. Horry did not say he did not do it. As a matter of fact, Horry explicity says that he was going to bite Stackhouse. Look at the posts I made - immediately after the incident Horry even said that his intention was to (verbatim) get Stack off of him. Did he actually bite Stack? Sure, we may never know - even if he did it appears to be the case that Stackhouse did not seem to realize it because (based on your rationale) Horry didn't draw blood. Is it apparent that Horry's intent was to bite Stack? Yes. Yes. A thousand times Yes. A million times Yes. A brazillion times Yes.

3. Stack and Terry? Horry's friends were calling him Mike Tyson! Do you think it's because Rob beats his wife? NO! It's because he attempted to BITE someone! Get the joke?

I will not admit I'm wrong because I was not wrong. Son (and I use the term 'son' not to allude to any sort of age difference but because I am obviously your Daddy), you just need to realize that you stepped into a hornet's nest and take this opportunity to back away slowly. You have your facts wrong. You tried and failed to defend a party that was obviously guilty. And you tried to call out the wrong f*ckin poster.

Don't do it again.

well i will stick by my notion that your whining owner would have complained like he always does. let me guess cuban has turned over a new leaf? he did not listent to his players who said there was a bite..

end of the game no bite... no proof... you are just wrong.. ohh should i worry about your response old man? I will just assume your an old bitter man who puffs his chest out on the internet because in real life he would not stand up to anything or anyone that challenged him..

so let's check the score..now horry did not bite him..he inteded to? so you original assertation was he intended to bite hime but did not actually bite him... well how can you argure with intent old man.. i intend to speed does that make me guilty of speeding? in your world i guess it does

Last edited by George Gervin; 03-27-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:58 PM   #104
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Thinking about the original topic of this thread, I came to the conclusion that this is a pretty hypocrite thing to do when you criticise Bowen for kicking Allen. - You know, we're gonna kick some Spurs butts as well these playoffs and Dirk sure as hell will kick Bowen's ass...

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:59 PM   #105
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

thats the first time ive seen that bowen ninja kick..i hate that guy
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #106
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
thats the first time ive seen that bowen ninja kick..i hate that guy
Yep. He's a douchebag.

Bigtime.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:29 PM   #107
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well i will stick by my notion
Of course you will, you are being a complete sp*re as expected. It's a shame that a great franchise has knuckleheads such as yourself as fans.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:31 PM   #108
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Of course you will, you are being a complete sp*re as expected. It's a shame that a great franchise has knuckleheads such as yourself as fans.

well i will stick by my notion that your whining owner would have complained like he always does. let me guess cuban has turned over a new leaf? he did not listent to his players who said there was a bite..

you forgot to include the whining owner part when you quoted me
Old 03-27-2006, 03:35 PM   #109
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

you forgot to include the whining owner part when you quoted me
Cubes doesn't whine nearly as much as the sp*res owner does. Prove that the sp*res owner doesn't whine ten times more than cubes.

If horry didn't bite stack then cubes sure as hell doesn't whine about anything.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #110
George Gervin

Quote:
Cubes doesn't whine nearly as much as the sp*res owner does. Prove that the sp*res owner doesn't whine ten times more than cubes.

If horry didn't bite stack then cubes sure as hell doesn't whine about anything.

so you want me to prove a negative?
Old 03-27-2006, 03:44 PM   #111
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
so you want me to prove a negative?
Sure if you are still stupid enough to argue that Horry isn't biting stackhouse despite the video, photos, statements of himself and fans then sure, I don't see much difference.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:49 PM   #112
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

hey guys, you have to commend GG. he could have easily tucked his tail between his legs when proven wrong. But he continues to argue. Is obstinance a virtue?
Old 03-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #113
George Gervin

Quote:
Sure if you are still stupid enough to argue that Horry isn't biting stackhouse despite the video, photos, statements of himself and fans then sure, I don't see much difference.

so since neither party came out and said it happened you choose to side against the NBA, the players involved, and cuban...

please reconcile the fact that the NBA stops games at the sight of blood for their safety..to then turn thier heads when a player bites another player.. ignore it.. and your owner does not bring it up..nor does stack... nor does horry...
Old 03-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #114
George Gervin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
hey guys, you have to commend GG. he could have easily tucked his tail between his legs when proven wrong. But he continues to argue. Is obstinance a virtue?

proven wrong? the argument has now been relegated to Horry intended' to bite stack..
Old 03-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #115
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
No it's stupidity.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #116
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
so since neither party came out and said it happened you choose to side against the NBA, the players involved, and cuban...

please reconcile the fact that the NBA stops games at the sight of blood for their safety..to then turn thier heads when a player bites another player.. ignore it.. and your owner does not bring it up..nor does stack... nor does horry...
There are only two choices here knucklehead. He either bit him or he was trying to go all brokeback mountain on him hoping to get him excited.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:57 PM   #117
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

please click on the link below. It explains everything.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2352796
Old 03-27-2006, 03:58 PM   #118
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

and click play on the video.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:01 PM   #119
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

so Cuban did send something to the league office?

"HOGWASH!" says George Gervin. "That article is obviously a fabrication!"
Old 03-27-2006, 04:05 PM   #120
George Gervin

Quote:
so Cuban did send something to the league office?

"HOGWASH!" says George Gervin. "That article is obviously a fabrication!"

so the whiner did send something in I would have expected nothing less...interesting that the person who was supposedly bitten never said he was... of course the predictable "well he never said he wasn't bitten" responses will be pouring in.. very predictable.. so now horry nor stack said he was bittne..but, but, but, the mavs posters said he was... they have the grainy pictures to prove it... again if stack was bitten and cuban complained why was nothing done about it?

I guess the league has no problems with players biting eachother..

Last edited by George Gervin; 03-27-2006 at 04:06 PM.