Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 02-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #81
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Hey guys? Let's get back to ranting.

I just absolutely hate getting the last post on a thread page. Not only is it placed underneath everyone else's posts as if it is somehow inherently inferior, but nobody reads it either because the "last page" link on the main page never shows it.

I hear you there - I'm a tried & true thread-killer myself...

I especially hate it when I make a really good point about something (by most standards), but it gets buried because Gasol or Shaq get traded (or people want to bitch more about Avery or Cuban...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #82
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I hate how Underdog just quoted me and bumped my post to the top of the page. This basically nullifies everything I just said and erases my reason for sulking.

I also hate people who find the most ridiculously trivial and stupid things to complain about.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #83
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
I hate how Underdog just quoted me and bumped my post to the top of the page. This basically nullifies everything I just said and erases my reason for sulking.

I also hate people who find the most ridiculously trivial and stupid things to complain about.

On that note, I pretty much hate Underdog altogether...

He's a disgusting Mavs homer with a sick sense of humor (I mean, really - what's so FUNNY about eating babies???)

Oh, and those Rick Rolls are getting old fast - someone needs to grow up!

Last edited by Underdog; 02-07-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #84
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
On that note, I pretty much hate Underdog altogether...

He's a disgusting Mavs homer with a sick sense of humor (I mean really - what's so FUNNY about eating babies???)

Oh, and those Rick Rolls are getting old fast - someone needs to grow up!

I also hate looking at the main page and seeing Underdog's name as the last poster in every forum section...

He's always talking, but has nothing to say!

(and why does he edit EVERY friggin' post, messing up the people who quote him 2 minutes after???)

Last edited by Underdog; 02-07-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:10 PM   #85
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like a paradox
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #86
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I damned well HATE those stupid car alarms that give a half-honk every time their dipshit owner gets in or out of the thing, or worst of all, honks at other cars because they pass too close to them parked on the street. Every time I hear one of those things go Honk! Honk! I involuntarily think about how much I would love to light a gasoline/trash fire underneath it's gas tank, or bash it's windshield in with a brick, or crack a railroad pick-axe handle over the head of that car's owner as he asininely and blithely gets out of his car and pushes the button on his wretched noisemaker... Damned things...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-08-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:50 PM   #87
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Plus, when was the last time you woke up in the middle of the night to a car alarm and went "oh god, someone's stealing that car?" Please, if I wake up in the middle of the night to a car alarm all I'm thinking is "The owner better get up and fucking turn that off right now!"

A better idea instead would be to have a huge speaker in your trunk that, upon detecting a would-be thief..... would shout out at maximum volume "FREE BAGS OF WEED, FREE BAGS OF WEED, COME GET YOUR COMPLETELY FREE BAGS OF WEED."

I bet that people would show up then. Maybe not people who could help..... but people anyhow.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:28 AM   #88
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I also really hate Argentine Vodka. Especially Argentine Vodka that is the cheapest vodka in the store. I would advise all of y'all to steer well clear of such stufff...
Old 02-09-2008, 08:06 PM   #89
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the fact that every time I go to Wal-mart, half the city is there. It is so bad that there are no carts. But, I am there to pick up a few things so I casually walk up to the "express" checkout 20 items or less (where half the city is in line) and what do you know, an idiot is at the front of the line with a basket full of assorted bullshit for her fat ass self.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:20 PM   #90
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
I also really hate Argentine Vodka. Especially Argentine Vodka that is the cheapest vodka in the store. I would advise all of y'all to steer well clear of such stufff...
Dude, everyone knows that McCormicks is the best cheap vodka at the store.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:42 PM   #91
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Dude, everyone knows that McCormicks is the best cheap vodka at the store.
Yeah, but it doesn't make all of your drinks taste like formaldehyde, and it is unlikely to make you hallucinate after imbibing too much, unlike a certain Argentine bottled poison that I've recently come into contact with ...

Bottled Argentine Rat Poison: Only $4.89 US a liter!
Old 02-09-2008, 11:33 PM   #92
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
I damned well HATE those stupid car alarms that give a half-honk every time their dipshit owner gets in or out of the thing, or worst of all, honks at other cars because they pass too close to them parked on the street. Every time I hear one of those things go Honk! Honk! I involuntarily think about how much I would love to light a gasoline/trash fire underneath it's gas tank, or bash it's windshield in with a brick, or crack a railroad pick-axe handle over the head of that car's owner as he asininely and blithely gets out of his car and pushes the button on his wretched noisemaker... Damned things...

evil, what do you drive? pretty much EVERY car nowadays has remote entry/locking, and the car confirms the lock with a honk or beep.

older cars don't have it. My 96 4Runner doesn't have it, but our 04 passat does.

basically what i'm saying is, that pretty much comes standard with new cars, so it's NEVER going away.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:41 PM   #93
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
evil, what do you drive? pretty much EVERY car nowadays has remote entry/locking, and the car confirms the lock with a honk or beep.

older cars don't have it. My 96 4Runner doesn't have it, but our 04 passat does.

basically what i'm saying is, that pretty much comes standard with new cars, so it's NEVER going away.
Yeah, I know.... But I still hate the damnable things. Although thankfully, the cars that honk at other cars that pass too close to them while parked still seem to me to be far from standard (even though some brands- newer BMW's in particular- seem to include that execrably wretched and useless function as a standard option far too often for my liking)...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 02-09-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:26 AM   #94
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

i hate that i'm such an over-analyzing putz. why can't i just accept what someone says or does at face value instead of always looking for some hidden (negative) meaning behind it?
Old 02-10-2008, 01:46 AM   #95
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
I hate the fact that every time I go to Wal-mart, half the city is there. It is so bad that there are no carts. But, I am there to pick up a few things so I casually walk up to the "express" checkout 20 items or less (where half the city is in line) and what do you know, an idiot is at the front of the line with a basket full of assorted bullshit for her fat ass self.
I feel you, man. Wal-Mart is pretty much the shit when it comes to getting what you want and paying for it dirt cheap, but why in the hell can't they open more express lines? Don't they have some traffic-flow engineers for this sort of thing? There can be three lines open at the regular stands, and only two in the express, yet 75% of the people there are going through express. (Since Wal-Mart is pretty much down the street from you, wherever you live, you almost never need to buy more than 20 items at once. Everyone qualifies for express!)

You know what the secret is, though? If you are getting ready to go to Wal-Mart--as opposed to Tom Thumb, you cheap bastard--simply budget yourself fifteen minutes to stand in line. This will ALWAYS be enough, and you will almost never have to stand in line for more than ten minutes. If you can't afford the fifteen minutes, don't go to Wal-Mart.

But if you can afford the fifteen minutes, then just take your place in line...and relax. Now start people-watching. Watch the person in front of you squirm because he or she is having to just stand there and wait (for God's sake!). Keep an eye on the checker, because you can be damned sure that the people in front of you are. If she's going slow because she's having to ring up some WIC cards, well, this is a perfect opportunity for some entertainment. Watch the person in front you look around to the other "express" lanes, looking for that opportunity to slide over and gain a few seconds. See the indecision, as they can't decide whether they are better off to stay or go. Trust me, this is good stuff.

And if you ever get a price check...oh my goodness, you have just hit the motherlode! It's not at all uncommon to watch a guy in front of you, with a bag of chips in one hand and a frozen pizza in the other, finally reach his breaking point. He just can't stand it anymore, so she shakes his head violently from side to side, issues a guttural curse, tosses his items on the drink cooler and goes.

Where else can you get such a glimpse into the human psyche? Mr Chips-and-Frozen-Pizza, so put out by the unbearable incompetence of the huge Wal-Mart machine that can't as much as ring up an item at the register, storms off with blood pressure rising. To do what? To drive out of his way to another store, to buy the same damned chips and pizza, pay more for it, and arrive at home fifteen minutes later than if he would have just closed his eyes and waited his turn.

I'm telling you, Wal-Mart is a human laboratory. And you know what the kicker is? That cooler he abandoned his precious chips and pizza upon, it sells you 20-ounce sodas for $1.29 each. When you walk out the door you can buy the same thing from a vending machine for fifty cents.

It's a laboratory, I tell you, a laboratory. Budget yourself the fifteen minutes to sit and watch. You'd have to pay to pay big tuition to get this kind of education elsewhere.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:00 AM   #96
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Another option is to only go to Wal Mart after 10. That usually works for me.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:15 AM   #97
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Yeah, I can't really remember being in the Wal-Mart line (except for when I was in third grade when my mom used to shop there a lot), but I think it's because I go around the hours you are talking about.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:25 AM   #98
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I hate small talk. Like when I first got to college, it was "No I really don't know what my major is" and "Yes I'm from around here, Arlington actually." Nowadays, it's, "Do you know what you wanna do after college?" and I always respond, "No not really, I still don't know anymore than I did 15 minutes ago when I had to answer this question for that guy over there and his mother 5 minutes before that."

I hate the saying, "So...working hard or hardly working?" I remember when I was working at Kohl's two summers ago, everyone thought that saying was some type of comedic gold that would put anyone in hysterics.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 02-10-2008 at 03:03 AM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:47 AM   #99
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I hate being expected to know things that I don't know. It seems like everyone is always expecting me to know what they are thinking even when they don't communicate at all, and then they get upset at me because I "should have known". I have plenty of common sense, I'm just not a mind reader.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:32 AM   #100
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I hate it when people say, "I'm gonna ask a stupid question."

I almost always interrupt them and say: "Now, wait a minute. There ARE no stupid questions. There are only stupid PEOPLE, who ask questions."

It gets the point across almost every time.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:46 AM   #101
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

I also hate people who talk with their mouth full and/or 'smack' while they're eating...
Old 02-10-2008, 04:02 AM   #102
chumdawg
Guru

I just hate people, in general.

Does that make me a bad person?
Old 02-10-2008, 04:43 AM   #103
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I hate that I like this thread so much.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #104
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i hate everybody...including you
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #105
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
Yeah, I can't really remember being in the Wal-Mart line (except for when I was in third grade when my mom used to shop there a lot), but I think it's because I go around the hours you are talking about.
Yeah I remember those days. My rommmate and I would do our grocery shopping at 1:00 am, and the only people in the store were the stockers.

Sadly, you grow up, you get married, and you go shopping on Saturday afternoon like everyone else, and get very frustrated by the idiotic ladies who park their FREAKING CARTS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLE!!!!! And they're looking for which type of cookie they're going to feed their 8 children, who are running around knocking sh%t off the shelves.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #106
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
You encounter a whole different world of crazy's after 10pm.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #107
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

lol^ yes you do. Even before ten
Old 02-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #108
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

luckily where i live..the nearest wal-mart is like 30 miles... from me...so i never go there..

i shop at giant and safeway (which are like tom thumb or osco for you texas people)

and i shop at costco..when i want buy stuff in mass quantities....

ugh....i still hate everybody.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #109
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

I remember Safeway back in 1983. And Skaggs! And a place called Best. Not Best Buy...Just Best. In concordance with this thread, I hated the fact that I always needed to take a dump when my mom brought me to a grocery store. It always seemed I had to find the damn bathroom in the depths of the meat packing/stocking room, up a flimsy staircase, and dark as shit. I was only 5 years old and I am alone in the dark taking a dump at Skaggs.

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 02-10-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:16 PM   #110
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
ugh....i still hate everybody.
I just thought that I would let you know that I hate you, too. I really, really hate you, the way that a healthy person hates rabies.

That should make you feel better.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:57 AM   #111
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The Grammy's are a joke.

The Oscars are a joke.

These "academies" and these people who pick this stuff are a freaking joke. The snobs of these industries are just as bad as the people who listen to a million bands that you've never heard of, because that's cool. "screw mainstream"

Well guess what? There's a built in way to tell what the "best" is.

It's called sales.

The more money people spend, the more they like it. I hate popularity contests, but in the case of music and movies, it should probably be the case. If more people like A than B, then obviously A is better. Why should it be up to a small number of individuals to decide, when you have a whole crap load of people who have voted with their hard earned money?
Old 02-11-2008, 01:18 AM   #112
Underdog

Quote:
The Grammy's are a joke.

The Oscars are a joke.

These "academies" and these people who pick this stuff are a freaking joke. The snobs of these industries are just as bad as the people who listen to a million bands that you've never heard of, because that's cool. "screw mainstream"

Well guess what? There's a built in way to tell what the "best" is.

It's called sales.

The more money people spend, the more they like it. I hate popularity contests, but in the case of music and movies, it should probably be the case. If more people like A than B, then obviously A is better. Why should it be up to a small number of individuals to decide, when you have a whole crap load of people who have voted with their hard earned money?
So by your logic, Titanic is the best movie ever made? (twice as good as the next best movie ever made - Return of the King...)

America: where richer = better!

[click the link anyway - I promise it's not another Rick Roll!]

Last edited by Underdog; 02-11-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:20 AM   #113
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
So by your logic, Titanic is the best movie ever made? (twice as good as the next best movie ever made - Return of the King...)

America: where richer = better!
[click the link anyway!]

Absolutely. I didn't like it, but clearly, everyone else did.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:22 AM   #114
Underdog

Quote:
Absolutely. I didn't like it, but clearly, everyone else did.

But if 1 person sees a movie 12 times, that doesn't mean 12 people liked it...

Old 02-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #115
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I hate people who can't seem to park their vehicles right and have to occupy two parking spaces at the same time. That goes especially for you truck drivers. THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE WHO NEED TO PARK THEIR VEHICLES. It wouldn't take you more than 30 seconds to back your truck up, and park it within your own alloted parking space. If you and your clumsy ass can't park that ginormous thing properly, or if your lazy ass just simply refuses to do so, then go get yourself an itty bitty car so you can do it right the first time. Morons.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #116
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

3 more nights in an apartment....

I'm going to scale the wall down to my neighbors porch, get his stupid loud wind chimes, and throw them at his car windshield...
Old 02-13-2008, 11:46 AM   #117
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I just thought that I would let you know that I hate you, too. I really, really hate you, the way that a healthy person hates rabies.

That should make you feel better.

why are you such a bastard? Remember when i first started posting and i called you "chummy"...haha..man you got pissed.

Oh well see ya around buddy!

Last edited by MavsX; 02-13-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #118
MavsX
Diamond Member

i'll tell you what pisses me off. So i have been on this kick to try and get some of these idiots to quit starting new worthless threads. Some of these threads are literally from the blurbs on nba.com about news. or something else that is equally as lame. So i have been hassling horse900703 a bunch. And the kid is being an idiot. He keeps saying.."everybody else is doing it."

But now..the point of my rant. Look what he keeps on sending me in my private messages. I literally have 5 PM's from this kid with his broken ass english.

I love when it says "watch out what did u say" ...........thats a freaking classic.

Last edited by MavsX; 02-13-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #119
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
I hate people who can't seem to park their vehicles right and have to occupy two parking spaces at the same time. That goes especially for you truck drivers. THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE WHO NEED TO PARK THEIR VEHICLES. It wouldn't take you more than 30 seconds to back your truck up, and park it within your own alloted parking space. If you and your clumsy ass can't park that ginormous thing properly, or if your lazy ass just simply refuses to do so, then go get yourself an itty bitty car so you can do it right the first time. Morons.
THANK YOU.

On that same vein: people, when you see a sign over a row of parking spaces that says compact...... it's NOT a verb. That does not mean compact your F350HD into that space made for a compact car.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #120
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

How useful is an "information only" form?

Well let me tell you...IT'S NOT!!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100% saturated fluff, blinded by the fluff, clean fluffy slate, fluff eater, got a bit fluffy in here, mother fluffer, not in on the fluff