Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #81
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I'm going to be moving my weigh-in days to Monday morning. We'll see where I'm at then.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:38 AM   #82
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Drumroll please....

8/22 -- 199

Heading out Wednesday morn for 7 consecutive days of business related heavy wining and fine dining...hoping to keep it under 240. Regardless, nice for now to see something south of 200 pop up on the scales.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:53 AM   #83
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

8/22 176.4 lbs
Old 08-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #84
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I dropped to 160.5 too, but then again, I could have been this weight all along and just been using an uncalibrated scale.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:27 PM   #85
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Apologies all for my prolonged absence, I'm traveling and have intermittent access to internet. Did think this was apropos for the purposes of my prior conversation with ShaggyDirk:

Recently read an article in the NY Times discussing cross-training (link) and a dissection by an editor at Runner's World (link).

Just some additional food for thought, hope everyone is enjoying the waning days of summer - it looks like the collective weight loss is well on track!
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:01 AM   #86
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

8/29 - 176.0 lbs

Well, that's damn frustrating. On Saturday morning I was 174.6 and very excited. Sunday morning I was 175.4, and today I'm 176.0 again. Didn't break my program at all.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #87
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
8/29 - 176.0 lbs

Well, that's damn frustrating. On Saturday morning I was 174.6 and very excited. Sunday morning I was 175.4, and today I'm 176.0 again. Didn't break my program at all.
What exactly are you doing for "exercise"?

What are you eating daily?

IMO, you shouldn't be weighing yourself every day. You should be keeping track of your measurements weekly (weight, waist, chest, arms, legs). I won't go any further until I see what you are doing daily.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #88
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
What exactly are you doing for "exercise"?

What are you eating daily?

IMO, you shouldn't be weighing yourself every day. You should be keeping track of your measurements weekly (weight, waist, chest, arms, legs). I won't go any further until I see what you are doing daily.
I'm doing various things. Sometimes jumping rope, sometimes burpees, sometimes treadmill, sometimes the bike. Sometimes a combination of all of those things. Basically anything to make me sweat and keep my heart rate elevated.

I'm eating a 240-calorie breakfast of yogurt and a slice of whole grain wheat bread. My lunch and dinner are both around 500 calories, and are usually salad-based with meat and veggies. Sometimes a turkey sub, sometimes an organic whole-grain-crust pizza. I have a list of things I can choose from that all fit my requirements so I don't get too tired of the same thing. Mid-afternoon, I have a snack of 16 almonds, which runs about 100 calories. And then before I go to bed, I have a can of low-sodium V8. 1400-1500 calorie diet that covers pretty much all the bases.

I should say that I only transitioned to that diet a week ago - I was maintaining the same calorie count before, but doing it in two meals rather than spreading it like I am now. I'm eating breakfast for the first time since I was 14. I'm also trying to remember to drink more water on the weekends. During the work week, I'm drinking water all day long, but I was tending not to on the weekends.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #89
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you have a good plan. Remember your body goes through a recovery phase. Your weight will fluctuate during the week for this and other reasons. (i.e. water weight) So don't get hung up on your weight. Ask yourself "how do you feel?" "Are my clothes fitting better?" You'll keep yourself from getting easily frustrated. Which will lead to longevity in your program. I'm probably considered "overweight" but my clothes fit and I feel good. That's all that matters.

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 08-29-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #90
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Sounds like you have a good plan. Remember your body goes through a recovery phase. Your weight will fluctuate during the week for this and other reasons. (i.e. water weight) So don't get hung up on your weight. Ask yourself "how do you feel?" "Are my clothes fitting better?" You'll keep yourself from getting easily frustrated. Which will lead to longevity in your program. I'm probably considered "overweight" but my clothes fit and I feel good. That's all that matters.
Oh, yes, my clothes are definitely fitting better - by every standard I've lost over ten pounds so far. What frustrates me is how quickly my metabolism caught up with me and I plateau'd. I really can't adjust by lowering my calorie count further, as I'm already at the low end of what you can realistically manage, so I have to find other things. Like spreading out my calories. So much of what I read about spreading out calories has to deal with keeping yourself from feeling hungry, but that's not at all my problem.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #91
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on day 6 of 7 consecutive days of wining and dining. I've managed 4 good workouts in 6 days, so not too bad. I put the over/under for when I get back on the scales on Thursday at 203.5.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #92
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Well, I checked in at 174.2 today. This is so baffling. Would I really shed 1.8 pounds of water weight or whatever in a day?
Old 08-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #93
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
I'm on day 6 of 7 consecutive days of wining and dining. I've managed 4 good workouts in 6 days, so not too bad. I put the over/under for when I get back on the scales on Thursday at 203.5.
You remind me of myself going into movies. If I have any doubts, I'll just go into it expecting the movie to suck, thereby setting myself up for a pleasant surprise or a "meh" experience. But never disappointed.

But you're ultimately only fooling yourself though, because nothing can prepare you for Meet The Spartans (or as it were, 203.5lb).

Last edited by bernardos70; 08-30-2011 at 04:57 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #94
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
You remind me of myself going into movies. If I have any doubts, I'll just go into it expecting the movie to suck, thereby setting myself up for a pleasant surprise or a "meh" experience. But never disappointed.

But you're ultimately only fooling yourself though, because nothing can prepare you for Meet The Spartans (or as it were, 203.5lb).
I wish this was the case, but after crab cakes, a cup of clam chowder, three very well poured glasses of glen livet, a 12 ounce ribeye and a chocolate mousse, I'm thinking anything south of 205 is a good thing.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:32 AM   #95
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Talking

Quote:
I wish this was the case, but after crab cakes, a cup of clam chowder, three very well poured glasses of glen livet, a 12 ounce ribeye and a chocolate mousse, I'm thinking anything south of 205 is a good thing.
PIG!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #96
alexamenos
Diamond Member

I suspect I have 2-3 pounds patiently working it's way through my colon. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've been doing some serious entertaining for the last week.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #97
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

08/01 - 210
08/15 - 204
09/01 - 197
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #98
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well, I checked in at 174.2 today. This is so baffling. Would I really shed 1.8 pounds of water weight or whatever in a day?
You're doing exercises that do not make you stronger. That is why you are plateauing. I am not even going to waste my time explaining what I am talking about. Sorry man, you're clearly not hearing anything I have said in this thread anyway. I am done trying to help.

On a more important topic, here is another article for the open minds...
Barbell Training is Big Medicine
Old 09-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #99
alexamenos
Diamond Member

9/5 - 199

Not a miracle 6 pounds lost in 4 days, more like 6 pounds passed in 4 days.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #100
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

9/12 172.6 lbs

Huzzah! I missed my day last week due to being out of town (during which I actually cheated a tad), but I'm thoroughly pleased. Adding breakfast and a mid-afternoon snack kickstarted my metabolism again and got me past my plateau.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 09-12-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:15 PM   #101
alexamenos
Diamond Member

I checked in at 201 today. I'm pretty confident that it's not two pounds of body fat, so I'm not terribly worried. Made the longest, fastest ride yet on Sunday. Feeling good about progress on that front.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #102
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

08/01 - 210
08/15 - 204
09/01 - 197
09/16 - 190
Old 09-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #103
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
08/01 - 210
08/15 - 204
09/01 - 197
09/16 - 190
20 pounds in a month and a half? Holy crap. Good work.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #104
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

9/19 170.6 lbs

Perhaps best is that I'm wearing medium-sized shirts. No idea how big my waist is, though - I was wearing a 34, might be a 30 at this point. I feel a bit ridiculous, though, because my pants are way too big for me. Belts can only do so much, but it'd be a huge waste of money to shop now.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 09-19-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #105
alexamenos
Diamond Member

200. Treading a little water, probably because I've been on a steady diet of JW Black and ribeyes for dinner.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #106
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

As I noted when I broke into the 170s, I was at 169.0 this morning. Huzzah!
Old 09-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #107
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm in....

I'm in pretty bad shape after a decade or so of doing little more than riding around in a golf cart and drinking beer. I got up to close to 220 (5' 11"), but worse than the weight was not being able to catch my breath after the labor of opening a beer can.

I bought a mountain bike about a month and half ago and have been hitting lot's of trails around Dallas. I've already lost close to 15 pounds, half of which is probably skin that I've lost in crashes. Weighed in yesterday morning....

7/11 -- 205

Hoping to get down under 190.
biking is where its at, for me

i bike to work in the daylight savings months... and it has worked wonders. i am now at teh point that i need to SPRINT (on my bike) for the 14ish miles in order to feel like a get a real work out

the first time i biked i only went the 3ish miles to the nearest subway stop. granted, it was mostly up-hill...... but when i got on the train the brakes were a little messed up, and the combination of teh ode du asbestos and my gasping for air from my ride made me feel so sick that i had to jump off the train at the next stop to avoid barfing all over the whole train. I got a cab, went home, and called in sick.

progrss, baby!

fwiw, i am now 6'1 and about 175 lbs... and at 43 you can occasionally believe i might actually have abs if you squint hard enough. that was NOT the case when i started biking!
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #108
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yeah, but does anyone go outside anymore?
this outside place... i've heard of that!
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #109
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

9/26 - 171.4

I hadn't pooped yet, so I could have been a pound, pound and a half over.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #110
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Sounds like everyone has been hard at work on fitness!!! Congrats and keep it going.

On my end...reminder...Starting point was Oct 2009 at 41 years old, I was 261.7...now at 43 I am at 180.0 !!! A few weeks ago, I was down to 174.5 (But I was seriously depleted)...I refueled, and regained my focus.

I tend to measure in a 10 pound range, depending on food/fluid needs/intake.

So what workouts is everyone doing?

On my end, I'm running/walking about 10-20 miles per week + Currently on Round 2 of "Insanity" Hoping to transition into a more intense resistance routine in a couple of months...perhaps some P90X...cheaper to workout at home.

Again, congrats on all of yall for your success and sticking to the fitness!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #111
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Sounds like everyone has been hard at work on fitness!!! Congrats and keep it going.

On my end...reminder...Starting point was Oct 2009 at 41 years old, I was 261.7...now at 43 I am at 180.0 !!! A few weeks ago, I was down to 174.5 (But I was seriously depleted)...I refueled, and regained my focus.

I tend to measure in a 10 pound range, depending on food/fluid needs/intake.

So what workouts is everyone doing?

On my end, I'm running/walking about 10-20 miles per week + Currently on Round 2 of "Insanity" Hoping to transition into a more intense resistance routine in a couple of months...perhaps some P90X...cheaper to workout at home.

Again, congrats on all of yall for your success and sticking to the fitness!!!
When I get to where I want to be in terms of weight, I think I'll give Insanity (or Insanity-lite) a shot, but there's no way I can do it right now due to my restrictive diet (1400-1500 calories a day).

Starting literally today, I'm trying something new. Three day cycles. Day one, run about a mile (100 calories). Day two, a bodyweight exercise routine: 100 jumping jacks, 25 squats, 25 lunges, 75 crunches, 10 burpees, increasing those reps as I go along. Day three, weights for my arms/chest, which I'm not getting a lot of otherwise (I'm getting enough ab and leg work on day 2). Very simple dumbbell stuff.

What I'm not sure is whether to take a day of rest after one cycle or two. If I did two cycles, I could basically make Sunday a take-it-easy day and keep my days consistent each week. Votes?
Old 09-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #112
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
When I get to where I want to be in terms of weight, I think I'll give Insanity (or Insanity-lite) a shot, but there's no way I can do it right now due to my restrictive diet (1400-1500 calories a day).

Starting literally today, I'm trying something new. Three day cycles. Day one, run about a mile (100 calories). Day two, a bodyweight exercise routine: 100 jumping jacks, 25 squats, 25 lunges, 75 crunches, 10 burpees, increasing those reps as I go along. Day three, weights for my arms/chest, which I'm not getting a lot of otherwise (I'm getting enough ab and leg work on day 2). Very simple dumbbell stuff.

What I'm not sure is whether to take a day of rest after one cycle or two. If I did two cycles, I could basically make Sunday a take-it-easy day and keep my days consistent each week. Votes?
Way to go!!!

As for Insanity, don't sweat it...I can't do it 100%, not sure I ever will...heck the folks on the DVD's are falling out during the routines. The key is to do our best and forget the rest.

What I've learned is that cross training...basically doing these "Insanity" workouts has helped me to become a better distance runner. About 3 weeks ago, I set out to get in a quick 3-4 mile run/walk...but as I started, I decided to just go...I finished the run at 16.2 miles. Basically ran from my house up to the Church and back. I managed about13-14 minute pace for the full distance.

On shorter runs, I can get around a 10 minute pace...hoping to build up enough to get a 9 minute pace for a 1/2 marathon, and subsequently a full marathon. Bottom line, the cross training is what is giving me the fitness to handle the longer runs.

But next will be P90X so I can work on building a bit of body mass.

Truth of it all, the fitness has helped me to deal with the stress of being out of work...without it, I would have fallen off the deep end already.

Best of success to you, enjoy the workout journey!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #113
alexamenos
Diamond Member

checking in at 200 yet again. my discipline level as it pertains to my diet has been....

well yesterday I had a jumbo sausage dog, a brisket sandwich, a bag of potato chips, two very large Dr. Peppers, and I forget what I had for breakfast and dinner.

So I'm probably going to have to get serious on the diet if I want to lose the last 10.

Beginning today.

after lunch.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #114
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
biking is where its at, for me

i bike to work in the daylight savings months... and it has worked wonders. i am now at teh point that i need to SPRINT (on my bike) for the 14ish miles in order to feel like a get a real work out

the first time i biked i only went the 3ish miles to the nearest subway stop. granted, it was mostly up-hill...... but when i got on the train the brakes were a little messed up, and the combination of teh ode du asbestos and my gasping for air from my ride made me feel so sick that i had to jump off the train at the next stop to avoid barfing all over the whole train. I got a cab, went home, and called in sick.
Yeah.....a brief and true story which you may appreciate.

Shortly after I started riding I took a freebie 'intro to mountain biking' class. There was a group trail ride after, which split according to self-assessment into two groups--a faster group (taking a longer ride) and a slower group. I debated which group I should join as I watched the young, flat-bellied males move towards the 'fast ride' group while the 9 year old kids and fat old women went to the 'slow-ride' group. Inexplicably my bike went with the younger males even though I knew very well that I needed to go ride with the old women.

I did manage to stay with the fast group for the entire ride, without complaining or slowing the group down. I said my goodbyes to the group, packed my bike onto the car, made my way out of the park, pulled my car to the side of the road, and projectile vomited all over Collins Street in n. arglington.

(but that was then....doing much better today.)

Last edited by alexamenos; 09-26-2011 at 02:01 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #115
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

08/01 - 210
08/15 - 204
09/01 - 197
09/16 - 190
10/01 - 186
Old 10-02-2011, 01:37 AM   #116
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
08/01 - 210
08/15 - 204
09/01 - 197
09/16 - 190
10/01 - 186
Wow, that's pretty serious weight loss for a mere 2 months of dieting. Good job!

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:35 AM   #117
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Old 10-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #118
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

10/3 170.2 lbs

Garrrrrh. I was in the 160s the entire week, and then promptly balloon up two pounds over the course of Sunday night. That's still 1.2 less than last week's Monday, though.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #119
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Please go read a book. Hell, do anything but whine and complain on an interneterz message board. You sound ridiculous.

The Pioneers of Protein

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 02-01-2024 at 06:52 PM. Reason: added a link to article
Old 10-04-2011, 08:42 AM   #120
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Please go read a book. Hell, do anything but whine and complain on an interneterz message board. You sound ridiculous.

The Pioneers of Protein
You sound like the biggest douchebag to ever live. Stop nagging at me. The point of this thread, which I created, is to talk about weight loss progress. I post on Mondays to talk about the previous week. You know amazingly little about me or what I do, so stop pretending that you do and that you have the magical remedy in bodybuilding for a non-existent problem. I've lost twenty pounds, almost all of them in fat, in three months doing things the way I know how to do them and I'm perfectly satisfied with my progress. I'm wearing medium-sized shirts and probably a 32 waist (I'm not going to buy any pants yet).

That I am mad because my official Monday number is more than it had been during the week because I don't drink enough water on the weekends is not ridiculous.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 10-04-2011 at 08:49 AM.