Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-20-2016, 08:39 AM   #241
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
This is not an excuse for Golden State or any reason to diminish the Cavs' accomplishment, but Curry played the entire series with a sprained MCL. No doubt it had an effect on how he played.
No doubt it was a factor. Losing Bogut was significant too I think, as was Iggy's back problems. Just goes to show you so much of winning a championship is plain luck. Every time you finish a playoff series with all of your roster intact, it's a blessing.

Last year GSW had great luck in that regard, and the Cavs had some of the worst ever. This year it was the other way around.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2016, 09:11 AM   #242
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Is it finally safe to say Curry choked? Is there anyone in the media talking about that? If that was LeBron, the amount of shit talking would've been insane.

If Draymond didn't show up, this would've been a blowout.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:13 AM   #243
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Is it finally safe to say Curry choked? Is there anyone in the media talking about that? If that was LeBron, the amount of shit talking would've been insane.

If Draymond didn't show up, this would've been a blowout.
I think GSW collectively choked pretty terribly.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #244
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
This is not an excuse for Golden State or any reason to diminish the Cavs' accomplishment, but Curry played the entire series with a sprained MCL. No doubt it had an effect on how he played.
Eh. He sprained it almost two months ago and it was a Grade 1 (the lowest possible). Maybe it's lingering, but I personally don't think it hindered him.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:53 AM   #245
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Has Curry been figured out? Wasnt great against the Thunder, and didnt do well at all vs Cleveland. Cavs punish him in the screens, double him hard, push him around etc. Obviously he cant be completely contained, but he's slowly coming down to earth.
This! +rep (but I have to spread some around first)

GS 41 3PT attempts - contribute to loss?
Did Kerr get out coached by Lue?
how does your starting pg have only 2 assists in a finals game?

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 06-20-2016 at 10:55 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:03 AM   #246
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
how does your starting pg have only 2 assists in a finals game?
In fairness Irving only had one.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:19 AM   #247
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

answers to my own post:

Has Curry been figured out?
Curry was trying to do to much "hero ball". Plus I do think he is banged up, and that's why his percentages were lower in the playoffs and why his defense was so poor.

GS 41 3PT attempts - contribute to loss?
No way! If Barnes could've hit the ocean, the Warriors would've won the series in Game 5 and then again in Game 7. Barnes shouldn't of played nearly as much in Game 7. That was the true issue in the game.

Yes. Why in the world did the Warriors keep Barnes on the floor and why did they not do a 2-3 or 1-3-1 zone. Nobody on the Cavs could make an outside shot, so worse case do a box in one and just guard Irving's 3's.

How does your starting pg have only 2 assists in a finals game?
I think Curry might be the worst passing point guard in the NBA. His passes are never crisp and rarely on-point. Plus he dribbles kinda lazy, which is why he got ripped by Jefferson early in the first half.

The good news is that I would much rather be the '07 mavs when we got 65+ wins and lost in the first round then the '15 Warriors. There choke was worse than the Patriots 18-1 season.

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 06-20-2016 at 11:21 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:26 AM   #248
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
answers to my own post:

Has Curry been figured out?
Curry was trying to do to much "hero ball". Plus I do think he is banged up, and that's why his percentages were lower in the playoffs and why his defense was so poor.

Yes. Why in the world did the Warriors keep Barnes on the floor and why did they not do a 2-3 or 1-3-1 zone. Nobody on the Cavs could make an outside shot, so worse case do a box in one and just guard Irving's 3's.
The most inexplicable thing to me- and I'm not sure who deserves the most blame for this- is they way Klay Thompson completely disappeared from the game in the second half. He was arguably their best player all through the playoffs, and single-handedly kept them in a lot of games they should have lost huge. It was baffling to me that they went away from him when the game was so close and nobody on either side could get their offense going.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:20 PM   #249
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Is it finally safe to say Curry choked?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I think GSW collectively choked pretty terribly.
I agree with Spiral that it was a collective team choke, but you do have to recognize that if the Warriors had pulled out the win that Curry probably wouldn't be Finals MVP. Again.

Kinda crazy for a guy who won back to back regular season MVPs to shrink like that in the Finals.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:20 PM   #250
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I agree with Spiral that it was a collective team choke, but you do have to recognize that if the Warriors had pulled out the win that Curry probably wouldn't be Finals MVP. Again.

Kinda crazy for a guy who won back to back regular season MVPs to shrink like that in the Finals.

Definitely a case of live by the jumper, die by the jumper. The reason Kyrie outplayed Steph these playoffs is because he drives the ball and looks to finish. Steph is still young and can definitely improve his inside game.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:24 PM   #251
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Steph looks like the most amazing player on earth when those threes are falling, but when they aren't he looks very average...at least this series for sure. Not a great driver. Not a great defender. Not really even a great passer as he turns the ball over carelessly. Something just wasn't right with him, and I don't think it all had to do with the injuries. Mentally,he looked like he didn't want to give the effort it took to win it all again.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:42 PM   #252
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I like this.

Before the season I felt like it should be Cavs because it's the best narrative for the league. And with how the Finals went it's even better now. Nothing against the Dubs, but at the end of the day James delivered and Curry did not when the stakes where the highest.

Also shows that dude is just not human. Warriors looked like they were running out of gas already in the Western Finals. Just that little bit of fatigue when you play the second year into June. And James plays like the 10th year into June/July and hits a triple double in Game 7 on the road.

Any quotes from Barkley after the outcome?

Also: Fuck that winner-takes-it-all attitude. 2015/2016 Warrior are still the best team in NBA history. I don't care they "didn't finish it off". They ran into LeBron and history. Stuff happens. Nice work to get the series to 7 from the NBA as well. They know how the biz works

Last edited by j0Shi; 06-20-2016 at 01:49 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:58 PM   #253
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
KYRIE WITH THE DAGGER. Tell me he isn't better than Curry.
Player Points Assists STL TO FG% +/-
Irving 27.1 3.9 2.1 2.6 46.8 +4.7
Curry 22.6 3.7 0.9 4.3 40.3 -1.0

Pretty much tells the story of the finals- other than Lebron putting on maybe the greatest performance ever of course.

I dunno if I'd go as far as to say Irving is a better player than Curry, but he was definitely the better player in the finals... by far.

I mean, 4.3 turnovers per game over the entire series? That's putrid.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-24-2016 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:25 PM   #254
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Lebron's 2016 finals stats-

29.7 pts 11.3 reb 8.9 ast 2.6 stl 2.3 blk 49.4 fg% 37.1 3p%

Anyone still wanna argue he isn't top 5 all time?
Old 06-24-2016, 10:40 PM   #255
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Lebron's 2016 finals stats-

29.7 pts 11.3 reb 8.9 ast 2.6 stl 2.3 blk 49.4 fg% 37.1 3p%

Anyone still wanna argue he isn't top 5 all time?
On things like this, I really try to avoid "my opinion is objectively right any everyone that disagrees is stuborn and dumb" but at some point those who disparage his skills and/or accomplishments are burying their own heads in the sand to a degree.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote