Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 04-03-2017, 12:30 AM   #1
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future
Smile Texas Rangers 2017 Season Thread

Baseball is finally back!
tempered expectations but hoping for a return to the post season and some breakout performances

I predict 92-70

Go Rangers!
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2017, 10:33 AM   #2
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I have a bad feeling about this season, I hope I'm wrong.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I have a bad feeling about this season, I hope I'm wrong.
what's got you down? just curious...
lots of player on DL to start the year but hopefully will be back soon especially Beltre

sure other teams have made some improvements but i'm expecting ongoing growth from our young guys and a full year of Darvish and Hamels at the top of the rotation should stabilize the rest of the staff
Old 04-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
what's got you down? just curious...
lots of player on DL to start the year but hopefully will be back soon especially Beltre

sure other teams have made some improvements but i'm expecting ongoing growth from our young guys and a full year of Darvish and Hamels at the top of the rotation should stabilize the rest of the staff
A few things really. We are going to be relying on the development of Profar and Mazara in particular but others who will be platooning positions don't do much for me. I love Napoli but I think Mitch will be missed, especially his vacuum glove at first for all those double plays. IIRC we have been pretty consistent at being one of the top double play teams and usually credit goes to Andrus, Beltre and Odor more than Mitch but I think he's going to be missed. The biggest thing though has been and always will be starting pitching for me. I'm not sure what all we have behind Yu and Cole yet, I'm optimistic but more of a wait and see approach, and those 2 really struggled in the playoffs last year. I also think our record last year might have been a bit flukey, we had one of the worst run differentials and I think it was by far the worst of all playoff teams and yet we had that great record.

I will say I think our back end of the bullpen is still really strong despite the loss last night. If our starters can just be solid for 6 we should be able to close out a lot of games I think. Our division looks very competitive too, I think our division could be one of the toughest.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:21 PM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A few things really. We are going to be relying on the development of Profar and Mazara in particular but others who will be platooning positions don't do much for me. I love Napoli but I think Mitch will be missed, especially his vacuum glove at first for all those double plays. IIRC we have been pretty consistent at being one of the top double play teams and usually credit goes to Andrus, Beltre and Odor more than Mitch but I think he's going to be missed. The biggest thing though has been and always will be starting pitching for me. I'm not sure what all we have behind Yu and Cole yet, I'm optimistic but more of a wait and see approach, and those 2 really struggled in the playoffs last year. I also think our record last year might have been a bit flukey, we had one of the worst run differentials and I think it was by far the worst of all playoff teams and yet we had that great record.

I will say I think our back end of the bullpen is still really strong despite the loss last night. If our starters can just be solid for 6 we should be able to close out a lot of games I think. Our division looks very competitive too, I think our division could be one of the toughest.
Are you sure about that?!? Good Lord Dyson...
Old 04-06-2017, 02:22 PM   #6
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
Are you sure about that?!? Good Lord Dyson...
Yeah.... He's been awful, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally awful.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:56 PM   #7
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
Yeah.... He's been awful, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally awful.
how many more meltdowns 'til Bush becomes closer?
or anyone else in line to be next?
Old 04-07-2017, 11:35 AM   #8
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
how many more meltdowns 'til Bush becomes closer?
or anyone else in line to be next?
I think the only other viable option aside from Bush is Jeffress. Diekman on the DL and Kela was optioned to AAA or something iirc for "clubhouse culture" reasons. Maybe Scheppers is an option when he's back but I don't like him as a closer personally. Jeffress though has similar pitches to Dyson with what I saw last season but didn't seem to have the same kind of dive with his sinker. I never loved Dyson as a closer either since he's a groundball pitcher with his sinker being his primary pitch. I don't really love closers who don't have swing and miss stuff. So to me it's either Dyson or Bush or bust.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:51 PM   #9
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Dyson is broken. And the HR's have done a nice job at disguising the fact our offense isn't hitting very well to me.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:41 AM   #10
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
Dyson is broken. And the HR's have done a nice job at disguising the fact our offense isn't hitting very well to me.
i can't believe Bannister rolled him out there again in a closing situation
I hope Bush gets the call

it's early but man not looking good so far.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:55 PM   #11
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

It's time...

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:52 PM   #12
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Is there an active Rangers forum that anyone can direct me to? Shut down by Adam Conley. They are pathetic this year.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:19 AM   #13
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Is there an active Rangers forum that anyone can direct me to? Shut down by Adam Conley. They are pathetic this year.
Half dead means still half alive!

Is this ghost ball??
Old 07-27-2017, 11:25 AM   #14
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Mostly dead is still slightly alive!

Is this ghost ball??
Old 07-24-2018, 04:17 PM   #15
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

DeShields demoted today
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:58 PM   #16
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Cole Hamels traded for almost nothing
Old 07-31-2018, 08:05 AM   #17
MFFL
Guru

Teardown continues. Kela traded
Old 08-01-2018, 07:00 AM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

And Diekman was traded. I hate to see Kela, Diekman and Hamels go..three of my favorite Rangers. Diekman has been through quite a bit the past year or so ..definitely wish them the very best.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:32 AM   #19
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Diekman has been through quite a bit the past year or so ..definitely wish them the very best.
Diekman broke down when he described how the Rangers supported him last year

I expect him to boomerang back
Old 08-01-2018, 01:07 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd definitely like to see him back in a Rangers' uniform next year. I just don't know that the Rangers expect to be competitive enough to spend on a 31-32 year old reliever that should be looking at a decent payday.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:25 AM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

The Ranger would be well served to find a way to keep Odor and Profar in the lineup every day next year. It shouldn't be an either/or type thing. Odor looks like he has turned a corner. Profar is flat out going to be a very nice hitter in this league. The Rangers need high OBP guys. I fully expect Profar to turn into that. He's solid this year with a little bad luck (low BABIP... a .20 increase in BABIP would get him closer to league average and would increase his OBP to a very nice .358... although there's nothing wrong with .338)
Old 08-03-2018, 08:46 AM   #22
MFFL
Guru

I think Profar will be spending a lot of time at 3rd base next year. But man do we need to move Choo - that would give Beltre the ability to play DH a lot more
Old 08-19-2018, 06:34 PM   #23
Scoobay
Golden Member

Default Odor

Wait odor is good again?
Been snoozing thru baseball season. All of a sudden I look up and he’s got an ops in the mid 800s?!
Old 08-22-2018, 02:06 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I think Profar will be spending a lot of time at 3rd base next year. But man do we need to move Choo - that would give Beltre the ability to play DH a lot more
That would be ideal..mainly because I like Beltre. But honestly, Choo will probably be the better player offensively next year.

I would love to have a lineup that features:

c: Kiner-Falefa/Chrinos
1b: Guzman
2b: Odor
SS: Andrus
3b: Gallo
RF: Mazara
LF: Calhoun
CF: Profar
DH: Beltre

That would be a pretty solid lineup with a lot of kids. You might question Profar in CF, but there are some scouts out there that have mentioned that they like Profar in CF quite a bit..very good instincts. If the Rangers went into next season with that lineup, I would be thrilled... (although I would push Beltre back to 3b, put Gallo in LF and Calhoun at DH..now that I've had more time to think)...

Last edited by Murphy3; 08-22-2018 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:45 AM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

Gallo in center..I never thought the Rangers would do it but hoped that they'd try it... that solves a lot of problems moving forward.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:36 PM   #26
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

I predict the Rangers are going to be bad until at least 2025
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote