Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-04-2022, 09:09 PM   #81
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
George is sort of injury prone now days.

Butler isn't a star IMO he can easily be taking out of a playoff series.

I will continue to believe that a big similar to Turner who can do a little bit of everything (rim roll/Shoot 3's/rebound and Bloc shots) would be perfect.

I think he would be cheaper to acquire than a wing player.

But if they could get another wing I'd prefer Lavine over both George and Butler at this stage of their career's.
Oh I meant PG as the kind of platonic ideal, I know he’s not available. But he can shoot at the rim from 3 and midrange, attack, pass, handle, and guard 4 positions. Sadly, LAC has TWO of those guys, whereas most teams would be beyond thankful to have one.

I don’t think I’d trade for Butler either but more because of locker, age/injury, and contract. And cost in assets. But I think he checks a couple boxes off if he wanted to come here and play nice and win a couple championships. I mean, Butler and another rim protector and we are as much a favorite as any team in the league, right? Outside maybe the Suns still.

We are short of another physical downhill guy who can get to the FT line and hit from mid range. Like Butler. Along with another rim protector/rebounder. Not saying we can’t contend now. Just that either way those are the needs.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2022, 09:11 PM   #82
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

And for the record I despise Butler. I’ve always thought he was self-serving and overestimated himself. He’s a borderline star. And outside of Jokic deciding he wants to play with Luka that’s the level of “star” we are likely to have a crack at.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:22 AM   #83
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

PG, Butler and Jokic is massive over-reaching. I'd be happy with Robinson, Turner and a huge long shot of Gobert.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:38 AM   #84
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I suffer from the low expectations of a Mavs fan

But I would be thrilled with just a decent PF/C in the draft or a Gobert/Turner/Capela

SD and Brunson do enough to emulate a second star and if our defense was solid we wouldn’t need to score 130. Plus if we got an offensive genius that expected 25 touches a game, it might upset the balance.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-05-2022 at 10:08 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 10:37 AM   #85
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
George is sort of injury prone now days.

Butler isn't a star IMO he can easily be taking out of a playoff series.

I will continue to believe that a big similar to Turner who can do a little bit of everything (rim roll/Shoot 3's/rebound and Bloc shots) would be perfect.

I think he would be cheaper to acquire than a wing player.

But if they could get another wing I'd prefer Lavine over both George and Butler at this stage of their career's.
I wouldn't be in on Butler mainly due to his age and non-existent 3 point shooting. I like the idea of Turner because he's obtainable whereas the others are not so much.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 10:44 AM   #86
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Maybe I suffer from the low expectations of a Mavs fan

But I would be thrilled with just a decent PF/C in the draft or a Gobert/Turner/Capela

SD and Brunson do enough to emulate a second star and if our defense was solid we wouldn’t need to score 130. Plus if we got an offensive genius that expected 25 touches a game, it might upset the balance.
It's easy to get carried away with who we think we can get vs who is actually attainable. Idk if we can even get any of the 3 mentioned without losing Brunson.

If we go ahead and win it all, we don't have to worry about picking up a big. In fact we can let Brunson walk and maybe trade Luka and DFS for some draft picks, burn it down and start again. Guys like Luka and JB are dime a dozen anyway. We;d still have THJ and Maxi.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 04-05-2022 at 10:45 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 04:46 PM   #87
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
If we go ahead and win it all, we don't have to worry about picking up a big. In fact we can let Brunson walk and maybe trade Luka and DFS for some draft picks, burn it down and start again. Guys like Luka and JB are dime a dozen anyway. We;d still have THJ and Maxi.
I'll have what he's smoking. Here in New Mexico, the first legal recreational cannabis shops opened April 1.
Old 04-05-2022, 05:26 PM   #88
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I'll have what he's smoking. Here in New Mexico, the first legal recreational cannabis shops opened April 1.
April 1st? My partner and vacationed in Santa Fe in March and brought our stash. Oops.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:29 PM   #89
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
April 1st? My partner and vacationed in Santa Fe in March and brought our stash. Oops.
Its been legal since Jan 1, but the state said retail shops would not open until April 1. Maybe someone got permission to open early. Or it could be medical.

But, not to derail the thread, but the Mavs are smoking hot...at least against good teams.

Kudos to Coach Kidd for proving the naysayers wrong, and to all the naysayers on this board who stepped up and ate their dish of crow.

Watching Finney-Smith, Bullock and Powell defend Giannis was a thing of beauty. They totally controlled the 4th quarter, even though the team only shot 42% from 3.

Last edited by G-Man; 04-05-2022 at 09:44 PM.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 09:20 AM   #90
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

D41 on a roll. I vote he does GDT