Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the series be?
Mavs in 4 0 0%
Mavs in 5 1 5.56%
Mavs in 6 7 38.89%
Mavs in 7 6 33.33%
Jazz in 7 1 5.56%
Jazz in 6 1 5.56%
Jazz in 5 0 0%
Jazz in 4 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2022, 05:26 AM   #41
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Absolutely true.
When he sits Luka for the game, people will say why, now he has too much of a break before the first round and will be rusty.
Hindsight is always easy.
He is young, he plays every game when he is healthy.
And to suggest stat padding with Luka is ridiculous.
He is absolutely no Westbrick!
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2022, 08:38 AM   #42
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

It just comes down to Risk Management 101. I feel that the Mavs entered game 82 knowing what they have and how to optimize it regardless of whomever they play in the playoffs. Now Risk Management has an even greater impact to Round 1. If Luka is not close to 100% by Saturday, let him rest and let this team attempt to steal Game 1. If they can do that, then that'd be a tremendous tone setter for the remainder of the series.
Old 04-12-2022, 08:56 AM   #43
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedklean77 View Post
It just comes down to Risk Management 101. I feel that the Mavs entered game 82 knowing what they have and how to optimize it regardless of whomever they play in the playoffs. Now Risk Management has an even greater impact to Round 1. If Luka is not close to 100% by Saturday, let him rest and let this team attempt to steal Game 1. If they can do that, then that'd be a tremendous tone setter for the remainder of the series.
Not only that, but it's a great time for Spencer and Brunson to step up to the plate and get that "it's on me" experience. Imagine if we won with both of them killing it...then Luka comes back. That's glass half full, but it's not totally out of the question.

I think the more glass half full is the fact that DFS and Powell have been killing it lately. I don't see why they'd suddenly slow down. Powell needs to use his mobility to make Gobert run around the court.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 09:08 AM   #44
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Not only that, but it's a great time for Spencer and Brunson to step up to the plate and get that "it's on me" experience. Imagine if we won with both of them killing it...then Luka comes back. That's glass half full, but it's not totally out of the question.

I think the more glass half full is the fact that DFS and Powell have been killing it lately. I don't see why they'd suddenly slow down. Powell needs to use his mobility to make Gobert run around the court.
Powell has been really good as of late due to Luka, though, as their pick-n-roll chemistry is that of the good ole Nash and Stoudamire days. Also, it'll be interesting to see how the perimeter shooters play in the early goings as those threes that they've been living off of since the ASB don't always fall as easily in the playoffs. And Luka absolutely helps with that as being a fantastic facilitator for the open three.

But I agree with you. If Spencer and Brunson can come out and play great, then that'll certainly help Luka ease back into the action when he's ready.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:33 AM   #45
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Rudy is a bad matchup for Powell because Powell isn't a stretch big.

Rudy can camp out inside and block shots at the rim. Plus I don't think Powell can keep this guy off the offensive glass.

To make matters worse Powell offense is generated by Luka. So if you take away Luka I'm not sure Powell gets that many easy shot's

The Luka injury will determine how well Powell plays on offense this series.

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-12-2022 at 10:35 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 10:47 AM   #46
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I hope the Mavs can play a little better at home this year in the playoffs as opposed to how they played vs the Clippers last year (didn't win a home game) because Utah has absolutely owned them up in Salt Lake City

This is from MMB
Dinwiddie gives them the depth to potentially "steal" one without Luka. Home court, it turns out, is even more critical if the Mavericks superstar sits. They already struggle in Utah, even when Luka plays, and have not won a game in Salt Lake City since the 2014-15 season.
Old 04-12-2022, 12:28 PM   #47
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Dinwiddie averaged 31ppg, 6.5 apg, 54% shooting and 46% from three the two games he played without Luka. He and Brunson played great together in those games.

Again, it at least makes the games watchable at the very least. If we had KP instead of Spencer, then you can call the series before it starts.

Old 04-12-2022, 12:53 PM   #48
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing the Mavs want to keep the Jazz in the dark as long as they possibly can, so we won't know if Luka's playing or not until moments before game time.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 04-12-2022 at 12:54 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 01:54 PM   #49
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

This sounds promising although it's all propaganda to keep the Jazz in the dark at this point.

https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/sta...41727467421698

Old 04-12-2022, 05:07 PM   #50
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

They say information is power, and I think the Mavs have more information than they are sharing, because not sharing it forces Utah to prepare as though Luka will be ready for game one. My guess is he won't be ready, but when Utah finds out for sure, there will be an inevitable letdown, which opens the door wider for the short-handed Mavs to steal a game or two.

This gives the Mavs a definite advantage in the mind game department. Spencer and Brunson are free to practice all week to play without Luka, while Utah has to prepare to face the Mavs both with and without him. Without Luka, the Mavs style is very different. Both guards will drive into the paint, but they won't dwell there to draw the double and triple teams like Luka does. They will move the ball more quickly, and with 4 days to practice it, they'll be ready. Meanwhile, Utah has never played the Mavs with Spencer and without Luka...another advantage for Dallas.
Old 04-12-2022, 05:38 PM   #51
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Last year, the Mavs opened the playoffs on Saturday. Game 2 was the following Tuesday, and game three not until the next Friday. If the same scheduling holds this year, game 1 will come 6 days after Luka's injury. Game 2 would be 9 days after and game 3 would be 12 days after. Game four, on Sunday would give him 15 days to heal.

If we got to game 4 down 2 to 1, I'd give the Mavs even odds to win 3 out of 4.

Extra incentive for Brunson...talk about a prime time audition for him to show how he'd play as the lead guard in a playoff series, heading into free agency. Every game he wins probably adds 2 million to his next contract.
Old 04-12-2022, 07:13 PM   #52
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Last year, the Mavs opened the playoffs on Saturday. Game 2 was the following Tuesday, and game three not until the next Friday. If the same scheduling holds this year, game 1 will come 6 days after Luka's injury. Game 2 would be 9 days after and game 3 would be 12 days after. Game four, on Sunday would give him 15 days to heal.

If we got to game 4 down 2 to 1, I'd give the Mavs even odds to win 3 out of 4.

Extra incentive for Brunson...talk about a prime time audition for him to show how he'd play as the lead guard in a playoff series, heading into free agency. Every game he wins probably adds 2 million to his next contract.
Maybe it's just me but I don't see Dallas winning more than 1 game in Utah doing this series and that's if they win a road game at all.

Let's not forget they have lost like 15 straight games up in Utah so it'll be imperative that Dallas maintains HCA throughout this series.
Old 04-12-2022, 09:53 PM   #53
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
How exactly were they not "realistically" playing for the third seed? Do we know that Kidd was getting real time updates on the score of the Warriors-Pelicans game? That seems unlikely.
Of course they were getting live updates. It’s important information and easy to get. There are so many instances of this happening at the close of seasons. Reporters ask coaches and players if they were aware of the score in the other important game, and they are like “of course.” Pinson already confirmed that the bench was aware. Harp and Folowill seemed to be surprised that the starters were still in to start the half. Brunson and Powell were already on the bench when Luka got hurt. Bullock came out with Luka, and Dorian didn’t play much longer. Starters didn’t play the fourth. At what point was it decided that the win was meaningless?

It’s fine. I’m actually not mad at Kidd. I just think it was a mistake. The arguments here seem pretty weak. “Maybe Luka was already hurt? Better now than later.” “Kidd was not even aware of the score.” These make Kidd seem worse.

Last edited by FreshJive; 04-12-2022 at 09:56 PM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 10:39 PM   #54
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Maybe it's just me but I don't see Dallas winning more than 1 game in Utah doing this series and that's if they win a road game at all.

Let's not forget they have lost like 15 straight games up in Utah so it'll be imperative that Dallas maintains HCA throughout this series.
Since the 2015-2016 season. Mavs can get one game at best imo
Old 04-13-2022, 12:46 AM   #55
Dallas41
Diamond Member

From listening to Woj today it doesn't seem like Luka is going to play early in this series.

I'm guessing they might not want to risk any further injury and he could potentially be held out until game 3.

Also, Maxi didn't practice today.

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-13-2022 at 12:49 AM.
Old 04-13-2022, 07:17 AM   #56
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Game 1 Saturday
Game 2 MONDAY
Game 3 Thursday.

So if Luka is missing game 1 he’s probably missing game 2

Fuck man
Old 04-13-2022, 10:31 AM   #57
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

There is no reason to panic until we have legit information...including Woj who likes to fire people before they are fired.

Luka is very young with a history of being able to play like last year vs the Clippers with the nerve issue, so there is no reason to be doom and gloom.

He might miss he first game, but knowing him, I sincerely doubt he misses another.

Old 04-13-2022, 10:42 AM   #58
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also, Maxi didn't practice today.
Don’t give me hope.
Old 04-13-2022, 11:00 AM   #59
G-Man
Platinum Member

[
Quote:

I'm not nearly so worried as you are about the Mavs playing in Utah in the playoffs. During the regular season, they play all the games pretty close to sea level. Then, 3 or 4 times a year, they jump up to nearly 5000 ft altitude to play in Denver and Salt Lake City. They fly in in the wee hours, play that night and leave. They have no time to acclimate to it. In the playoffs, they can come in a couple of days early to get used to it.

Last year, the Jazz beat the Clips the first two games in Utah, but lost the last two.

More importantly, after being embarrassed by the way Gobert defended him, Luka got better. In the 2nd game, they held him to 24 points, shooting 8 of 24 with Gobert switching on him a lot. Next time they met, Luka scored 35 and seemed to be hunting Gobert to prove he could beat the big guy, just like he did with Giannis last week. So if Luka is playing by the time they get to Utah, I say advantage Mavs, no matter what the altitude.

Last edited by G-Man; 04-13-2022 at 11:02 AM.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 12:19 PM   #60
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Relative to the other seven series, the Dallas-Utah matchup is given the lowest priority both in terms of channels (only series with two NBAtv games) and times. There’s a lot we could read into that, but with Luka Doncic’s injury status unclear at the moment, it’s not hard to understand why the series got deprioritized for television.

Considering at least one first round series usually ends in a sweep or a gentleman’s sweep (five games), if the Mavericks can hold off the Jazz long enough for Luka Doncic to return somewhat healthy, then some of the currently unscheduled games might have better time slots.
Old 04-13-2022, 04:06 PM   #61
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

538 has us favored lightly in games 1/2

538 has Jazz HEAVILY favored in SLC.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 10:10 AM   #62
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

I am not sure if this is appropriate, so feel free to remove my post if it isn't.

I believe heavily in this Mavs team and saw the spread was +255 Dallas. I was going to place a pretty large bet given the odds. I am really concerned about the Luka injury though. Part of me feels he is healthy and the first round will be easy. The part that scares me is not having him in the first round.

I am not a betting man but with +255 I almost feel like I have to. We are the better team with Luka. His status just worries me. Regardless, I am excited to see what we can do in the playoffs.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 11:10 AM   #63
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

9 teams remain in the west

Of those only two have a championship

Dallas and GS
Old 04-14-2022, 12:07 PM   #64
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I dunno, I'm starting to think Luka plays. He is the type that wants to be on the court no matter what. It might not be the best decision but who is gonna tell him no?

Old 04-14-2022, 12:28 PM   #65
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO. The questions isn't IF Luka will play game 1. It's if he has a flare up at any point.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 01:10 PM   #66
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I was just looking for the Mavs playoff roster and did not see Theo Pinson, Moses Wright, or Brandon Knight listed on the realgm website. Is that accurate? Just looking at the bench depth in case Luka is out a game or two (I believe it will be one or none).

Last edited by purplefrog; 04-14-2022 at 01:11 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 01:22 PM   #67
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Mavericks star Luka Doncic is expected to miss Game 1 vs. Jazz on Saturday night due to strained calf, sources tell
@TheAthletic

@Stadium

The latest regarding Doncic:
Old 04-14-2022, 01:53 PM   #68
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Key word there being "expected." Those guys aren't usually wrong, but I dunno. Something is fishy for some reason. I'll believe it when it comes from the Mavs.

Old 04-14-2022, 02:36 PM   #69
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

And Callie Caplan said they haven't ruled out playing him. I trust her more.

Old 04-14-2022, 02:39 PM   #70
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Luka is playing. Not sure why this is even debatable.
Old 04-14-2022, 03:31 PM   #71
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
That is my guess. Whether or not it holds up is my concern.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 04:45 PM   #72
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post

Old 04-14-2022, 06:12 PM   #73
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I was just looking for the Mavs playoff roster and did not see Theo Pinson, Moses Wright, or Brandon Knight listed on the realgm website. Is that accurate? Just looking at the bench depth in case Luka is out a game or two (I believe it will be one or none).
If I'm not mistaken Wright and Pinson are both two way contracts making them ineligible for the playoff roster.

Knight was just a 10 day contract
Old 04-14-2022, 06:15 PM   #74
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
I dunno, I'm starting to think Luka plays. He is the type that wants to be on the court no matter what. It might not be the best decision but who is gonna tell him no?
If I recall in similiar situation vs the Spurs in the WCF's back in 04 I think Cuban said NO

He wouldn't let Dirk play in the rest of that series do to a knee sprain. He said at that time they wouldn't risk further injury because he had long career ahead of him.
Old 04-14-2022, 06:27 PM   #75
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
If I recall in similiar situation vs the Spurs in the WCF's back in 04 I think Cuban said NO

He wouldn't let Dirk play in the rest of that series do to a knee sprain. He said at that time they wouldn't risk further injury because he had long career ahead of him.
Knees and Calves are oceans apart in things that can ruin your career. Not saying a calf injury can't be serious, but the knee and achilles foot are the red zone injuries you shut down.

Old 04-14-2022, 06:28 PM   #76
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Mavs are most likely going to get killed on the board in this series especially since Luka is our best rebounder.

But somehow Bertans and Kleber are going to have pull Gobert and Whiteside away from the basketball and they both need to shoot 36% or higher to accomplish that feat.

Otherwise, both of those guys are just going to clog up the paint defensively and take away Dinwiddie and Brunson drives.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:24 PM   #77
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Knees and Calves are oceans apart in things that can ruin your career. Not saying a calf injury can't be serious, but the knee and achilles foot are the red zone injuries you shut down.
We need to worry less about losing a playoff series by rushing Luka back if he isn’t ready. I’d rather lose a playoff series than Luka for most of next season if he was to get seriously injured. I still don’t think we are quite championship caliber this season, but with the right moves in the offseason we can be next season.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 10:35 PM   #78
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think you might be referring to when Nelson refused to play Dirk, and Cuban wanted him to play. He accused Nellie as just wanting an excuse for losing. It was part of the trial when Nellie sued Cuban.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:36 PM   #79
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Kevin Durant says hi
Old 04-14-2022, 10:37 PM   #80
FreshJive
Diamond Member

I just hope they don’t take any unnecessary risks regardless of what Luka wants.