Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The official Kevin Garnett is a wuss thread.

http://sports.espn.go.com/bost...tory?id=6100883

"Eduardo Najera told reporters that Garnett elbowed him in the face near the end of the game, but said he told Garnett 'he hits like my grandma.'"

Got to love Eddie.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-08-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

If this keeps up, I'm gonna voodoo punch those images. The IT guys are gonna be pissed.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.celticsblog.com/2011/2/7/...t-hes-our-jerk

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

I wasn't alive to watch Dennis Rodman play...was KG anything like him? Are they alike? Or is KG on a whole another level?
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
I wasn't alive to watch Dennis Rodman play...was KG anything like him? Are they alike? Or is KG on a whole another level?
I'd say Rodman is the one on a different level - that dude was batsh!t crazy, but remained pretty level-headed during games (aside from a few emotional meltdowns and needless ejections...)

Garnett is just a typical thug that can be found on any court in the world - a cheap-ass, sh!t-talking doucher who has to get inside your head to beat you (that's why he sucks against Dirk!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-09-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #8
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone just needs to jack slap him down like the bully he acts like.

One good beat down (just accept the suspension) by anyone, and KGarnett wouldn't act like such a wuss all the time.

Heck, if this were the 80's he would have never made it this long in the league acting this way -- Lambier, Rambis, or someone would have hurt him bad. The first time he got his face that close to Lambier -- actually fighting might have taken place. Not this play stuff and cheap shot stuff that happens so much now.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'd say Rodman is the one on a different level - that dude was batsh!t crazy, but remained pretty level-headed during games (aside from a few emotional meltdowns and needless ejections...)

Garnett is just a typical thug that can be found on any court in the world - a cheap-ass, sh!t-talking doucher who has to get inside your head to beat you (that's why he sucks against Dirk!)
best quote of the season
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #10
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Spike Lee: "But Garnett needs to calm the f--- down." Indeed, Spike..

http://es.pn/eyIhtO
Old 02-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The thing about Rodman--or at least, the way I saw it--is that he was oddly selfless. Yeah, he wanted that rebound like a starving dog wants raw meat, but outside of that he was often sort of passive. He had one job to do, he knew it, and he loved doing it...and he didn't care to do much else.

He was a joy to watch play.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Spike Lee: "But Garnett needs to calm the f--- down." Indeed, Spike..

http://es.pn/eyIhtO
You left the best part unquoted bg..Big man curses out 5'6", 150lb fan...I'm actually surprised that this didn't result in a suspension and should have.

Quote:
That's crazy. Garnett has definitely had his share of temper tantrums -- no question about that.
I'm not even playing and I didn't say nothing to him the whole game anyway. So if you're mad, start cursing out STAT, Stoudemire. But you're not going to do that s--- because Stoudemire’s not going to take it. So he cursed at me and I’m 5-6½, 150. What he was saying was worse than Reggie Miller. It was uncalled for.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #13
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Someone just needs to jack slap him down like the bully he acts like.

One good beat down (just accept the suspension) by anyone, and KGarnett wouldn't act like such a wuss all the time.

Heck, if this were the 80's he would have never made it this long in the league acting this way -- Lambier, Rambis, or someone would have hurt him bad. The first time he got his face that close to Lambier -- actually fighting might have taken place. Not this play stuff and cheap shot stuff that happens so much now.
Anthony Peeler whooped his punkass years ago. Ever since, anytime he's gotten close to a real fight, he's tucked his tail and ran. Anyone remember when he tried to mess with McDyess and McD punked him so bad?

I actually watched the Cats game and it was hilarious because Najera was actually in KG's head! I've never seen KG so frustrated. Eddie was just doing the same cheap shit KG does, and KG couldn't handle his own medicine.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #14
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
I think in Rodman's early years in Detroit, his game was to get under the skin of those he was defending. Once he got to Bull Town, it was no nonsense, grab the boards, set screens and get out of the way. KG has a more level head, he KNOWs what he's doing, Rodman, in his later years, didn't really get under the skins as much as he did in Detroit. I think Rodman was more Artest psychologically than KG.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #15
Thompson

Thompson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Anthony Peeler whooped his punkass years ago. Ever since, anytime he's gotten close to a real fight, he's tucked his tail and ran. Anyone remember when he tried to mess with McDyess and McD punked him so bad?
I think the Dice incident you're referring to happens at about 3:50 into the video. Watch the slow motion 'punches' Garnett throws as he's desperately running backwards away from McDyess. Dice would have killed him if Garnett hadn't run away (especially if he punches like that).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FASClJTnJ4I
Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #16
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

Garnett sucks against Dirk because Dirk is a superstar. You don't stop superstar. There are alot of KG's out there. Gary Payton was one. The best trash talker in the game. I don't have a problem with KG. He's one of the last physical guys left out there. The NBA is weeding them out and soon the NBA will be calling fouls for looking at a guy.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #17
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

add to that the fact that Garnett has lost a lot more than Dirk has at this point. KG is no where near as good as he was at his peak, Dirk is still fairly close... tht can't last for all that much longer.

i actually really used to LIKE kg, and his rep was much more as a quiet kid, if anything he was criticized as being to passive and quiet back in Minn. then at the end of his time there he started to wild-eyed, and got praised massively for it, and he seems to have responded alot like a teenage "chubby" girl that loses some weight, is praised for it, and responds by becoming annorexic/bulimic. KG has gone batshit and seems like a real jackhole all the time. I am sure SOME of that is overcompensating for diniminishing skills/mobility.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote