Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #81
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I read something yesterday that they're shopping RJ too, in addition to Sessions and Villanueva.

Sessions and Redd would be nice.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #82
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo98564 View Post
I am sorry you have poor reading comprehension... You're the first person who has thought so...

I can certainly say it was not my intention to mislead. I have no problem with criticism, but I also don't see any need for the personal attacks just because I might have a different take on things than you do.
You "have no problem with criticism," but when I point out that you might need to clean up your grammar if you want to have better "writer rankings" you call me a dick? Sounds like a douchebag who can't take criticism at all.

Please spare us all the "I didn't go to school for journalism" crap. There's no excuse for having such a weak understanding of your own native tongue, it's something you've been taught since you were two years old.

Last edited by bobatundi; 01-16-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: forgot to include "douchebag" in original message
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #83
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
You "have no problem with criticism," but when I point out that you might need to clean up your grammar if you want to have better "writer rankings" you call me a dick? Sounds like someone who can't take criticism at all.
Haha sorry sarcasm does not come through clearly in message boards. I put a big ole' at the end of that first comment in hopes that you would see I was just playing...

And I do take criticism well when it is offered in a constructive manner.
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #84
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
You "have no problem with criticism," but when I point out that you might need to clean up your grammar if you want to have better "writer rankings" you call me a dick? Sounds like a douchebag who can't take criticism at all.

Please spare us all the "I didn't go to school for journalism" crap. There's no excuse for having such a weak understanding of your own native tongue, it's something you've been taught since you were two years old.
*****... What the hell is with all of the people on this forum that think they are God's gift to this earth. I reply to your comment respectfully, and then come back and see that you've edited it to be an asshole.

Although what I said in my original response was more sarcastic than anything, I still came back and apologized for the confusion, and now this?

And how does missing an occasional comma or perhaps even (gasp) incorrectly using a colon or semi-colon mean that I have no grasp over the English language?

Just because I don't have a grammar book shoved up my ass like some of you on this website, does that really mean I have no understanding of my language? Really?!?

Is this enough foul language to get me banned? God, I really really hope so. Then I'd have a wonderful excuse to not have to come back and talk to this wonderful collection of "fellow" Maverick fans.

Last edited by jthig32; 01-16-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #85
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'll compare Dirk to the KG situation. This is Minny's 2nd year without KG. Minny picked up Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, a 2009 first round draft pick and their own pick, plus cash. They are currently 11-26 after finishing off a really bad year last year. They netted Kevin Love, Mike Miller this past offseason. And things don't look any better for next year either, draft wise, no prospective top 5 talents is projected in this draft. They're looking at 2 more losing years, totaling 4 consecutive losing seasons.

On the flip side, with some good trades, Boston was able to build a championship team, when they were in a similar situation with Paul Pierce. Having already run the gamut....supposedly, with younger pieces, Pierce was the odd guy out. Being as shrewd as he was on the court, Ainge built a squad around Pierce, a squad of similar age, talent and desire as Pierce. It didn't take much a couple of 1st rounders, one proven talent(Jefferson).

There are names out there Marion, O'Neal, Redd, GWallace, Felton, Brad Miller, Camby, and they're probably going really cheap. The Mavs have a little bit of everything to offer, expirings, young chips, downtrodden proven stars, bigs.
I believe it took more than a couple 1st rounders and some were lotto (counting the Allen trade). Plus, Boston was the pits for a couple years so they got high picks and young talent. Our best players are expensive and 30+.

Lastly, I don't think any of the names you're listing are in the KG/Allen ballpark. Both of those guys have a solid shot at going to the HOF.

I'm not arguing to trade Dirk but for those who think duplicating Boston's work is the solution, it's not. It's a dream as Boston did a once-in-a-generation thing. I would also note Boston had the unbelievable fortune of having Allen and KG come from the West. When you're talking multi-time All-Star trades (AI, Shaq, even Kidd), they almost never stay in the conference so we need to look East and look for multi-All-Stars if we want to duplicate Boston.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 01-16-2009 at 04:05 PM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #86
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I am unbiased in this argument but for god sakes, if you get banned for that and BBALLGIRL25 isn't... jeezus kryst.

Last edited by mary; 01-16-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Original post was edited
Old 01-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #87
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Why would he get banned for that?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #88
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that escalated quickly.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #89
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Wow, that escalated quickly.

"I mean that really got out of hand fast!"
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #90
SMC0007
Guru

http://images.google.com/images?sour...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Anyone else see anything that kinda sticks out on this page??? I typed in screaming at the computer, to get a stupid pic to fit the argument....

Last edited by SMC0007; 01-16-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #91
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
There's very limited options on trading Dirk. Dirk wont get us Lebron, Kobe or Dwight Howard. He would possibly land us Amare Stodemire and that would be interesting. Dirk gets the reunite with Nash he'd be happy with that. Or maybe a Carlos Boozer. Give us that true power forward that we need.
Does Amare have any kind of post up game? or is he just a big slasher?

Dirk in Phoenix though? That definitely puts Phoenix in the elite and improves us only a little.

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #92
robo98564

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post

Anyone else see anything that kinda sticks out on this page??? I typed in screaming at the computer, to get a stupid pic to fit the argument....
I think I'm following ya, and I want to be the first to thank you for NOT posting that picture haha
Old 01-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #93
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdubya View Post
Does Amare have any kind of post up game? or is he just a big slasher?

Dirk in Phoenix though? That definitely puts Phoenix in the elite and improves us only a little.
I don't see how that improves us at all (but I agree about Phoenix becoming elite...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:40 PM   #94
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post

Exactly. Rep to you.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #95
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I think I'm following ya, and I want to be the first to thank you for NOT posting that picture haha

haha no that isn't the pic I was gonna get, it just happened to be there...and I might say totally out of place..
Old 01-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #96
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I read something yesterday that they're shopping RJ too, in addition to Sessions and Villanueva.
It's hard to figure out what Mil. is doing. Skiles is definitely putting his imprint on the organization and they're still trying to reshape the roster. But they're also playing better,are healthier and making a playoff push. Mbah a Moute is defensive minded and playing well and cheap so they're probably thinking they don't want to pay huge money to Bogut, Redd AND Jefferson when they've got a good young SF and Joe Alexander on the bench. I would see if they have any interest in Kidd's expiring for Redd/Jefferson and Sessions. Stranger things have happened.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #97
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post

I think Silk killed someone! He should probably disappear forever.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:09 PM   #98
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Mavs actually have to go against the grain and try and steal a few good players while the rest of the league waits for this mythical 2010(after which all but one or two teams are gonna be sorely disappointed). I hope Cuban's ego does kick in and he redoubles his efforts. Maybe Kidd's contract and our 1st rd. pick gets back a "superstar"(Redd, Carter, Jefferson) type player and a useable throw-in(Stro.Swift, Charlie Bell, Villanueva). J-ho nets us a low post presence(Camby,Kaman, J.O'neal) and we swing the Diop/Stack deal for Felton. We use our mid-level on a young athletic wing w/ upside(Childress,Barnes,Ben Gordon,Ariza)or an aging star(Marion,Iverson,Artest)at a discount in a recessed economy. We use our Bi-annual exception on a defensive minded,bigger point or a good shooter like Pargo. To me it all hinges on our willingness/ability to trade Kidd and/or our pick.
Camby,Damp JO'Neal, Damp
Dirk,Villanueva Dirk,Villanueva
R.Jefferson,Green or R.Jefferson, Barnes/Ariza
Gordon,Terry A. Parker,Terry
Felton,Pargo Felton,Pargo

We're suddenly as deep as the lakers, quicker, better defensively and we have an infusion of new blood. Alot of things have to fall just right but none of this is out of the realm of possibilty. it gives us 2-3 yrs. of Dirk's prime to try and win the title. Thoughts?
Old 01-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #99
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

I think for the first time after watching ~15 years of Mav's basketball, I'm actually more of a fan of a player (Dirk) than I am of the team itself.

I'd like him to be traded, so he can win it all. It didn't and won't happen here. Its sad, but its reality.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #100
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Lakers and Celtics found top players who played too long for mediocre teams. They are hungry and willing to put their egos behind the team concept. Now, Josh appears to be quite the opposite player. If we could trade him for someone like (not thinking about position or salary here) Michael Redd, Elton Brand, Iguodala, Vince Carter, Jamison, Brad Miller, Magette, Kaman etc. that would be exactly what the doctor ordered.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:17 PM   #101
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post

I bet if sike was here he would of posted that picture.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #102
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
It's hard to figure out what Mil. is doing. Skiles is definitely putting his imprint on the organization and they're still trying to reshape the roster. But they're also playing better,are healthier and making a playoff push. Mbah a Moute is defensive minded and playing well and cheap so they're probably thinking they don't want to pay huge money to Bogut, Redd AND Jefferson when they've got a good young SF and Joe Alexander on the bench. I would see if they have any interest in Kidd's expiring for Redd/Jefferson and Sessions. Stranger things have happened.
Ok, when I initially read your message, I read it as "Skiles is definitely putting his ARMPIT on the organization," which I found to be incredibly funny.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #103
robo98564

Exclamation

Quote:
Ok, when I initially read your message, I read it as "Skiles is definitely putting his ARMPIT on the organization," which I found to be incredibly funny.
So I'm bad at grammar and you can't read? Yikes, we got the special ed program in this forum! hahah

(JUST JOKING, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OFFENSE, THIS WAS NOT MEANT TO BE A PERSONAL ATTACK, PLEASE FORGIVE, I KID I KID)

Old 01-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #104
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
So I'm bad at grammar and you can't read? Yikes, we got the special ed program in this forum! hahah

(JUST JOKING, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OFFENSE, THIS WAS NOT MEANT TO BE A PERSONAL ATTACK, PLEASE FORGIVE, I KID I KID)

Dude that's not funny it really hurts basketballgirl25.

Last edited by MaVs 41 BaLler; 01-16-2009 at 08:25 PM.
MaVs 41 BaLler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #105
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Actually he seems like the kind of guy who would do that!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #106
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

my thoughts on the issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I know that, if we are definitely rebuilding, trading Dirk asap is the fastest way to do it.

but..

The man is the greatest Maverick ever. He has been here so long and been through so much with the team and the fans. I think the Mavericks owe it to him to try everything they can to keep him here until retirement, even if it means trading every other piece.

If he demands a trade or opts out, so be it. But what a horrible end to a legacy if we trade him away.. I say no, even if it puts rebuilding off for a couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
And I know a lot of fans say "team first" and you should be a fan of a team way more than a player. I agree completely. What you have to consider though is that Dirk IS this team. He has been for the last 8 or so years. And it's not just his insane numbers... it's his attitude, his personality.. he's been the perfect sports role model for me and everyone else who grew up watching him.

When this teams goes through all the sh*t during the next few years, I'll be there every game. The Mavericks are my favorite sports team ever, and they always will be. But this is a situation where we need to consider what this incredible individual has done for this organization, and hopefully we don't mess this up.
(how do you post links to singular posts? I've seen people do it before and I couldn't figure out how)
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #107
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Click on the post number in the upper right corner of the post.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #108
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

sweet, thanks.

and thanks for the rep earlier
Old 01-16-2009, 09:06 PM   #109
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Then within the link, you can change "showpost" to "showthread". This will show the post within the thread, instead of just the post.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #110
fluid.forty.one

nice, thanks.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #111
SMC0007
Guru

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to fluid.forty.one again.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #112
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Actually he seems like the kind of guy who would do that!
yep, that's why it made me laugh
Old 01-17-2009, 09:18 AM   #113
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
I don't want to be the T-wolves. No thanks on trading the franchise player.
It's obvious that some folks would rather lose with their favorite player than to win by sacrificing that player.

This attitude is the reason we are the Mavs. We will never win the big one.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:55 AM   #114
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie View Post
It's obvious that some folks would rather lose with their favorite player than to win by sacrificing that player.

Win.......History doesn't support you there.

How many titles have been won by the Milwaukee Bucks since they traded off Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr.?

How long did it take for the Boston Red Sox to win a title after they got rid of Babe Ruth?

Getting rid of a superstar usually works for the team getting the superstar, not the team losing them.

Shaq leaves and all of a sudden Miami is good, but LA is avg. LA trades for another superstar, and they are good again. Boston keeps the superstar they have and add a couple and they are champs. Minn traded theirs off for potential, and they are 14 games below .500 today. Shaq is a shell of the superstar he once was, but he leaves Miami and even with a superstar in DWade, they are only 4 games over .500.

No, not wanting to lose a superstar is not a losing a favorite player to win, it is a losing a favorite player so you can spend the next decade looking for another superstar that will get you up to mediocre. I'd just as soon not sacrifice the superstar (at least not until you have found your next one).

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #115
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

And how does missing an occasional comma or perhaps even (gasp) incorrectly using a colon or semi-colon mean that I have no grasp over the English language?

Just because I don't have a grammar book shoved up my ass like some of you on this website, does that really mean I have no understanding of my language? Really?!?

Ah, now I get it!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #116
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Win.......History doesn't support you there.

How many titles have been won by the Milwaukee Bucks since they traded off Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr.?

How long did it take for the Boston Red Sox to win a title after they got rid of Babe Ruth?

Getting rid of a superstar usually works for the team getting the superstar, not the team losing them.

Shaq leaves and all of a sudden Miami is good, but LA is avg. LA trades for another superstar, and they are good again. Boston keeps the superstar they have and add a couple and they are champs. Minn traded theirs off for potential, and they are 14 games below .500 today. Shaq is a shell of the superstar he once was, but he leaves Miami and even with a superstar in DWade, they are only 4 games over .500.

No, not wanting to lose a superstar is not a losing a favorite player to win, it is a losing a favorite player so you can spend the next decade looking for another superstar that will get you up to mediocre. I'd just as soon not sacrifice the superstar (at least not until you have found your next one).
This post should go down as one of the all-time greatest on this site...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #117
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

seriously?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #118
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ah so many posts...so many bad rep points to give out. Although if the team traded dirk I would probably be a very po'd fan... The arguments made for trading him are superficial at best.

We'll trade him and "hope" that we don't end up like every other club that has traded their superstar. So let's do it!!!

The argument lacks facts and a grasp of reality. It also disses about the only guy on the mavs team worth keeping by suggesting that he cannot be built around.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #119
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch

Quote:
With Josh Howard inconsistent in his presence and his production, and absolutely zero impact from two front-line players they were heavily counting on - Jerry Stackhouse and DeSagana Diop - the Mavs have come to this: Most night it's Dirk Nowitzki starting alongside four other guys whose combined average points to add up to his.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #120
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

This message is hidden because mavsjunkie is on your ignore list.

Dammit people, stop quoting him/her/it!

Tags
colonoscopy, im a big deal, look at me, self serving