Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #41
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

We couldn't have beaten the package the Nets gave (considering their 1st rounders will count for something)... if we can't get these stars at least they are being sent to the East. If the Hornets do not make a move, I have no doubt CP3 will be leaving in 2012. He is the next to go imo.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #42
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
We couldn't have beaten the package the Nets gave (considering their 1st rounders will count for something)... if we can't get these stars at least they are being sent to the East. If the Hornets do not make a move, I have no doubt CP3 will be leaving in 2012. He is the next to go imo.
....Carl Landry in, Thornton out
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:57 PM   #43
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

First Nets game for Deron, crunchtime and Avery bench him for Farmar because he doesnt trust him to run his plays yet.

Remember where....rofl
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #44
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
It did get interesting. I've seen people call the Nuggets the new Cavs because they no longer have a superstar but I like what the Nuggets and Jazz have left on their teams. With good coaching those teams both should be there in the playoffs. Even with trading their superstars their rosters are still superior to the Suns and Grizzlies. I have a feeling Nash might be the next guy to go honestly. Suns have to eventually get something for him. His trade value is still high.
I agree, I wouldn't be too surprised to see the Nuggets maintain their level of play. They're free of a lot of distractions, possibly a little deeper, and Lawson may start playing some really good basketball given more minutes. I'm not as sold on the Jazz, since they're going through a coaching change and I don't see them giving Favors a lot of minutes. I wasn't very high on them before the trade either, but I do think their picks set them up well for the future.

I do know I'd much rather the Mavs get the 2 seed to play the Suns, Grizz, Nuggets, or Jazz, than fall to 3 and get the Blazers or Hornets.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:28 PM   #45
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCmasta View Post
If Williams is pissed off and doesn't want to be there then that's good. Cuban can work his magic to get him here.(when available)
I honestly want no part of a guy acting like a baby. Nets traded for him and he needs to go play for him. He gets paid millions to do so. I always considered him a good guy but just like Lebron he's starting to really show a new side of himself.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #46
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUmavsfan View Post
I agree, I wouldn't be too surprised to see the Nuggets maintain their level of play. They're free of a lot of distractions, possibly a little deeper, and Lawson may start playing some really good basketball given more minutes. I'm not as sold on the Jazz, since they're going through a coaching change and I don't see them giving Favors a lot of minutes. I wasn't very high on them before the trade either, but I do think their picks set them up well for the future.

I do know I'd much rather the Mavs get the 2 seed to play the Suns, Grizz, Nuggets, or Jazz, than fall to 3 and get the Blazers or Hornets.
I give the Jazz the benfit of the doubt because of Milsap and Al Jefferson. A trio of Harris, Milsap and Jefferson is not bad at all. They're looking to trade Kirilenko, Okur and Raja Bell. Who knows. I forgot all about Ty Lawson. The Nuggets are interesting. I really want to see how they play now without Melo. Seems like JR Smith has already shown how happy he is with the game he had last night.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #47
JCmasta

JCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the roughJCmasta is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I honestly want no part of a guy acting like a baby. Nets traded for him and he needs to go play for him. He gets paid millions to do so. I always considered him a good guy but just like Lebron he's starting to really show a new side of himself.
Guys like Dirk, Duncan, Durant, etc don't come around too often. Paul, Dwight, Melo, Bron, Wade, Amare, Kobe and most other mega stars have large egos, it's just how it is. Melo will go on to light it up in NYK and if Deron wants to be here in Dallas(his hometown) he will play his butt off as well and give us a top 3 PG/superstar to put w/ Dirk.

Last edited by JCmasta; 02-23-2011 at 06:53 PM.
JCmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:06 AM   #48
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Why wouldn´t Williams want to play for the Nets? They have a great, rich owner and soon they will have a shiny new arena and they will be called the Brooklyn Ballers or something. What´s not to like? I think this is definitely a franchise that´s going to improve on all fronts.

Edit: I just realized that this post goes very well with my signature pic. Yeah I really like the Nets hahaha.

Last edited by Fidel; 02-24-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:34 AM   #49
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

^ they have Avery coaching. he'll kill DWill's natural PG abilities.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #50
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
^ they have Avery coaching. he'll kill DWill's natural PG abilities.
Yep, Avery Johnson is a PG-killer...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:15 PM   #51
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

D Will may have a ego but I honestly couldn't care less his talent more than makes up for it
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote