Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #121
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

The more I think about this, the more I think the Mavs should bid something in the range of $3-$3.5M to try to get Brand, which would leave them around $2.5-$3M to convince Courtney Lee to sign a Bayless type of deal (2 yr contract, with 2nd yr as a player option).

Lee by all accounts only has an offer from Boston for the BAE ($1.9M). If we had $2.5M to offer with PT, it may just be enough to get him to come over. If you swung and missed on Lee, you'd still be able to sign West with the remaining space, and then save your mini MLE to try to convince Greg Oden to join on a deal.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #122
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange View Post
I don't know why the Magic would have picked up their team option on him if they didn't want him. Is he obtainable?
I seriously doubt he's untradeable. But the fact that they picked up his option does pretty clearly indicate that savings (which Dallas could provide), wouldn't be enough to get a deal done. I really have no idea how highly Orlando thinks of him, or what it'd take to get him, or whether the price would be worth it for the Mavs. I was looking through payrolls for slightly overpaid SGs with an outside shot and a short-term deal, and his name jumped out at me, so I figured I'd bring it up.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #123
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
J.J Redick. Thoughts?
40% three-point shooters certainly don't grow on trees, but he's getting paid $6M this year - we currently don't have the assets to trade for him without giving up more than he's worth...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-12-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #124
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yep, and only one of them has room for improvement at this point in their careers...
I don't know much about collison, but if he gets as much time to shoot it as jkiddo did, his numbers might go way up.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #125
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Let's talk Roster

19.1 mill - Dirk
8.7 mill - Marion
8.0 mill - Kaman
3.1 mill - Carter (almost said Stackhouse again)
2.9 mill - Dahntay Jones
2.3 mill - Collison
2.2 mill - Roddy
1.3 mill - Dojo (was going to say D. Jones but that also fails()
1.0 mill - Wright
1.0 mill - Cunningham
0.8 mill - player holds for teams under 12 players (same amount as it would take to sign Crowder and James)
-------------------
50.4 mill
58.0 mill cap
=================
7.6 mill cap space to play with.

Kaman/Wright/James
Dirk/ ?
Marion/Carter/Crowder
Jones/Roddy/Cunningham/Dojo
Collison

Center - Looks pretty good. Wright can be effective as backup dependent on matchup. James probably won't see much time.

Power Forward - Marion is an able backup to Dirk there. Wright is also a natural PF if he's allowed to play. I'd love to see Brand here to bolster that a bit too.

SF - The small forward position is nicely stacked. Marion and Carter both provide different things and both can teach Crowder how to work his Pippen/Artest magic.

SG - position is deep but scares me a bit. Jones may get the starting nod and he's a vet. Without PG skills, Roddy will get a lot of burn there but he's been inconsistent so far. Cunningham is a still-developing rookie. DoJo is trash and shouldnt even be put on the depth chart.

PG - the position is pretty sketchy right now. Collison is a great addition and he's performed (particularly in the playoffs). I could see Roddy and Cunningham getting some burn there but it seems like the offense stagnates when Roddy has to facilitate the offense. He was best playing off the ball with Kidd, Terry or Dirk controlling the offense. Cunningham is unproven.

I don't want to get too deep that our rookies don't get burn because I am actually really excited about Crowder and the potential of Cunningham. I just think we could use one more big and one more PG-type.

7.6mill to play with....lets get it done.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #126
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Not sure if anyone said this, but Dallas also has a 9 mil trade exception that has to be used by December or it poofs. Maybe they'll be able to pick up a key piece with it if things start to go well.

Gotta say, I love the defensive theme Dallas has been on the last few years. Losing Terry certainly helps with that side of the ball. I'd like to envision Dallas as the Baltimore or Pittsburgh of the NBA, with unstoppable defense that people fear. Make it happen, Cubes!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #127
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
40% three-point shooters certainly don't grow on trees, but he's getting paid $6M this year - we currently don't have the assets to trade for him without giving up more than he's worth...
I like Dahntay at 2.9mill. 43% from deep last year and a respectable % over his career. Plus he's a decent defender-- something I can't say about Reddick.

If we want to spread the floor, we'll have Collison slashing, with Jones (SG), Carter (SF) and Dirk (PF) all able to hit the long ball at a respectable pace. Even Collison spaces the floor with his shooting. He's not quite "sharp-shooter" level but mid-30s are enough to keep defenses honest (and reflect a relative FG% of around %47)

You never stop looking for shooters, but I think we'll have a pretty decent team at spreading the floor and hitting long-shots.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-12-2012 at 02:13 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #128
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
Not sure if anyone said this, but Dallas also has a 9 mil trade exception that has to be used by December or it poofs. Maybe they'll be able to pick up a key piece with it if things start to go well.

Gotta say, I love the defensive theme Dallas has been on the last few years. Losing Terry certainly helps with that side of the ball. I'd like to envision Dallas as the Baltimore or Pittsburgh of the NBA, with unstoppable defense that people fear. Make it happen, Cubes!
TE is gone to sign Kaman.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #129
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Let's talk Roster

19.1 mill - Dirk
8.7 mill - Marion
8.0 mill - Kaman
2.9 mill - Dahntay Jones
2.3 mill - Collison
2.2 mill - Roddy
1.0 mill - Wright
1.0 mill - Cunningham
0.8 mill - player holds for teams under 12 players (same amount as it would take to sign Crowder and James)
-------------------
50.4 mill
58.0 mill cap
=================

Kaman/Wright/James
Dirk/ ?
Marion/Carter/Crowder
Collison

Center - Looks pretty good. Wright can be effective as backup dependent on matchup. James probably won't see much time.

Power Forward - Marion is an able backup to Dirk there. Wright is also a natural PF if he's allowed to play. I'd love to see Brand here to bolster that a bit too.

SF - The small forward position is nicely stacked. Marion and Carter both provide different things and both can teach Crowder how to work his Pippen/Artest magic.

SG - position is deep but scares me a bit. Jones may get the starting nod and he's a vet. Without PG skills, Roddy will get a lot of burn there but he's been inconsistent so far. Cunningham is a still-developing rookie. DoJo is trash and shouldnt even be put on the depth chart.

PG - the position is pretty sketchy right now. Collison is a great addition and he's performed (particularly in the playoffs). I could see Roddy and Cunningham getting some burn there but it seems like the offense stagnates when Roddy has to facilitate the offense. He was best playing off the ball with Kidd, Terry or Dirk controlling the offense. Cunningham is unproven.

I don't want to get too deep that our rookies don't get burn because I am actually really excited about Crowder and the potential of Cunningham. I just think we could use one more big and one more PG-type.

Dirk's at 20.9 Mil.

They have right at 6Mil of cap space, by my calculation and DLord (and a few others)

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-12-2012 at 02:28 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #130
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Let's talk Roster

19.1 mill - Dirk
8.7 mill - Marion
8.0 mill - Kaman
2.9 mill - Dahntay Jones
2.3 mill - Collison
2.2 mill - Roddy
1.0 mill - Wright
1.0 mill - Cunningham
-------------------
50.4 mill
58.0 mill cap
=================

Kaman/Wright/James
Dirk/ ?
Marion/Carter/Crowder
Collison

Cubes still pulls the trigger on Kaman, Collison and Jones if Kidd signed on?
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #131
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

So, apparently, there's at least some discussion of the possibility of a S&T being worked out for JET (this per DMN). From Boston's perspective, the goal would probably be to free up the MLE for Courtney Lee, I assume. Wonder what Dallas would get out of it, though?
Old 07-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #132
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
I like Dahntay at 2.9mill. 43% from deep last year and a respectable % over his career. Plus he's a decent defender-- something I can't say about Reddick.

If we want to spread the floor, we'll have Collison slashing, with Jones (SG), Carter (SF) and Dirk (PF) all able to hit the long ball at a respectable pace. Even Collison spaces the floor with his shooting. He's not quite "sharp-shooter" level but mid-30s are enough to keep defenses honest (and reflect a relative FG% of around %47)

You never stop looking for shooters, but I think we'll have a pretty decent team at spreading the floor and hitting long-shots.
Again, Jones is not a shooter. You can't even call him a bad shooter, because he doesn't take any 3's basically. He has 260 career attempts, that's nothing. Collison is a good shooter though, you just have to take a look at his FT%, and it's obvious. He will help in that department.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #133
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, apparently, there's at least some discussion of the possibility of a S&T being worked out for JET (this per DMN). From Boston's perspective, the goal would probably be to free up the MLE for Courtney Lee, I assume. Wonder what Dallas would get out of it, though?
ESPN trade machine doesn't show Boston as having any Trade Exceptions, so I'm not sure how'd they'd absorb him in a trade without matching salary.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #134
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:
Could the Mavs simply be doing this to get a TE out of the process? Terry for a TE and protected 2nd rd pick from Boston?
Old 07-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #135
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
ESPN trade machine doesn't show Boston as having any Trade Exceptions, so I'm not sure how'd they'd absorb him in a trade without matching salary.
HoopsHype could be wrong, but they have committed salaries for Boston w/out Garnett and Jeff Green at $32M. Add in Green at $9M and Garnett at $11M, that would put them at $52M total. Add cap holds for Melo. Sullinger, and the additional roster slots, I don't even know how they make a S&T work without a 3rd team.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #136
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe if they do a sign and trade for Jet, the Mavs might have enough room to try and get some mayonnaise on their sandwich.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #137
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Maybe there are some free agents of theirs that they could S&T to other teams? That's the only other mechanism I can think of. Clock's ticking, though. Mavs will have to renounce JET immediately if they win the Brand bidding, right?

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 07-12-2012 at 03:07 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #138
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Maybe there are some free agents of theirs that they could S&T to other teams? That's the only other mechanism I can think of. Clock's ticking, though. Mavs will have to renounce JET immediately if they win the Brand bidding, right?
Yes, but if they haven't officially signed Kaman yet they would have plenty of space to SnT Jet using cap space, assuming they're not accepting any salary back.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 07-12-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #139
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the Celtics have:

Keyon Dooling/Marquis Daniels/Michael Pietrus/Greg Steisma/Ryan Hollins/Chris Wilcox/Sean Williams.

If it was for a player, I'd rather the Mavs pass. Those are sorry options.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #140
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yes, but if they haven't officially signed Kaman yet they would have plenty of space to SnT Jet using cap space, assuming they're not accepting any salary back.
I was actually thinking about JET's cap hold being an impediment to them bidding as high as they might want to bid on Brand. But I haven't tried to check the numbers, so I'll take your word for it that they'd have room if the Kaman signing is put off.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #141
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Timmy Mac says the Mavs want to re-sign Delonte. Not surprised. If they do, I stand firm in what I said before that JET would have been a great fit (I understand that's moot, though).

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...medium=twitter

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #142
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I was actually thinking about JET's cap hold being an impediment to them bidding as high as they might want to bid on Brand. But I haven't tried to check the numbers, so I'll take your word for it that they'd have room if the Kaman signing is put off.
Well, they would have to renounce him. That cap hold would kill all of their cap space.

But once renounced, they'd obviously have 5Mil to SnT Jet because they need 8Mil to sign Kaman.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #143
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Cuban deserves credit. He just spent 27 mil to amnesty Haywood then took on the 5 mil extra to sign Collison and Jones which he wouldn't of had to pay had he not amnestied Wood.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #144
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Cuban deserves credit. He just spent 27 mil to amnesty Haywood then took on the 5 mil extra to sign Collison and Jones which he wouldn't of had to pay had he not amnestied Wood.
Nope. He's cheap now. He won a championship and stopped wanting to pay anybody anything.

At least, that's what somebody on the internet told me.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #145
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Nope. He's cheap now. He won a championship and stopped wanting to pay anybody anything.

At least, that's what somebody on the internet told me.
He should trade Dirk so he can save even more money...

Old 07-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #146
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Well, they would have to renounce him. That cap hold would kill all of their cap space.

But once renounced, they'd obviously have 5Mil to SnT Jet because they need 8Mil to sign Kaman.
Ah, got you. I was under the impression that renouncing automatically meant the player could no longer be signed and traded. But in reality he'd still be the Mavs' free agent. They just wouldn't have Bird Right's on him anymore.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #147
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He should trade Dirk so he can save even more money...
Yeah, it still cracks me up when people mention trading Dirk.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #148
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Yeah, it still cracks me up when people mention trading Dirk.
Freaking HALF of the people on the ESPNDallas poll think the Mavs should trade Dirk.

HALF. Nine thousand people, Skin said.

I don't even know what to say, except that DFW is clearly a Cowboys city and people simply do not know what they're talking about when it comes to the Mavs, Rangers, and Stars.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #149
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Freaking HALF of the people on the ESPNDallas poll think the Mavs should trade Dirk.

HALF. Nine thousand people, Skin said.

I don't even know what to say, except that DFW is clearly a Cowboys city and people simply do not know what they're talking about when it comes to the Mavs, Rangers, and Stars.
The irony is that more than half the fan base would jump ship if he was traded. So it's like, they want to trade him so they can stop watching the Mavs? That makes sense?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #150
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Based on a lot of people that I come across or I see, this is a very true statement.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #151
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

So when is the bidding done for Brand? Or, when will we know if we got him or not?
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #152
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
So when is the bidding done for Brand? Or, when will we know if we got him or not?
Friday

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #153
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Half the people on esndallas dont know football either.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #154
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Friday
So they must have submitted the amnesty request to the league office yesterday sometime? Today's "news" is just them formally announcing?

Friday is what I thought as well (5pm). But that had me confused for a second.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #155
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Since 5pm yesterday bids could have made i read somewhere.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #156
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Half the people on esndallas dont know football either.
I think that "half" is generous for any sport in any city. If half the supposed "fanbase" of any team for any sport actually knew the game, that would be an impressive city indeed.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #157
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Will the Dallas Mavericks land Elton Brand in the amnesty waiver process? They'll know in about 24 hours.

The winning bid will be revealed after 4 p.m. CT on Friday.

Teams under the salary cap, which include the Mavs, Portland Trail Blazers and Phoenix Suns, among others, had first shot to bid for Brand. The Mavs were expected to make an "aggressive" bid and they have high hopes of landing the 6-foot-8 veteran forward and adding him to a front line with Dirk Nowitzki and Chris Kaman.

If there are no bids, which is highly unlikely, then Brand would become a free agent and could sign with any team.

The team that submits the winning bid will be responsible for paying that amount of the $18.2 million Brand is owed on the final year of his contract. The Philadelphia 76ers, the team that amnestied Brand, will be responsible for the balance.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...medium=twitter
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #158
Underdog

Quote:
Chris Tomasson: Until getting Rashard Lewis, Heat were looking at FA F Anthony Tolliver Teams now eyeing Tolliver: Chicago Dallas Cleveland Lakers Minnesota
http://twitter.com/christomasson

Old 07-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #159
Bayliss

Wojo just said Dallas will be aggressive in trying to get Luis Scola.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #160
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Wojo just said Dallas will be aggressive in trying to get Luis Scola.
Can a haircut be one of his contract requirements?

Tags
4th seed or bust, big cocks, booster for the rooster, cockadoodledont!, cockadoodledoo!, cubes > russia., let's talk about roosters, let's talk about russia, let's talk about sex, wests side story