Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-07-2008, 12:52 AM   #1
KiddNPlay
Banned

KiddNPlay will become famous soon enoughKiddNPlay will become famous soon enough
Default Why can't everyone be a fan?

My roommate's father has season tickets every year to the games and gets great seats. For some reason my roommate actually doesn't like going but goes anyway as it's something he just does with his father. Anyway, his favorite players are Allen Iverson and Ray Allen. I agree that they're good players, but I don't get why he's always been a hater of the Mavericks.

I'm happy to say that he does in fact hate Kobe Bryant and the Lakers though. That we have in common.

We're also both from L.A. but both moved to Dallas back in 1984 when we were little.

It's just weird to me how a sports fan who has a home team can NOT be a fan of the team. I'm a fan of all my local teams. He's more of a fan of individual players. I get that, but I love rooting for the home team.

Also has anyone here ever converted any friends into Mavericks fans?
KiddNPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2008, 12:56 AM   #2
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

I live in Chicago for 15 years and I hate the bulls.
All you hear is the bulls and they suck.

Nothing wrong with not rooting for your home team....unless is the mavs =D

you cant really convert them, just have them watch the team till they start to like em.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:02 AM   #3
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Nah its just everyones opinion on the mavs are garbage which is fine with me because hopefully we can come up as the underdogs for the finals

I think everyone started hating on us since the playoffs with the heats
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

That´s nothing special, i think. Me and nearly alle my friends still root for the same soccer club ( i actually wouldn´t accept other´s ), that once was 600 km away from our homes and no one converted. And i hate my hometeam from the bottom of my heart not least because the killed one of ours 25 years ago. In addition to this the hatred is traditional.
Nevertheless i sometimes visit this club just to watch a game.
I think you should stick to your club.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #5
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

I'm in the Oakland area and am not a fan of the Warriors. To me it's more ownership at this point. I never went to GSW games when I was young, more of a Mavs fan growing up. Plus I followed the HS scene locally around the time of GP. Then a couple years later fell in love with Kidd's game and one of the strangest things, he became a Mav 6 years later.

I loved Aguirre and Harper. I always sent fan letters to the Mavs and got some great stuff back, looking back Carter is one of those once in a lifetime owners where he is very fan friendly in terms of his organization.

I'm a diehard Raider and A's fan, been to games when I was younger...but could not get into the Warriors. Same with the Sharks, it's like they're around, they get coverage, but sleeping, eating, drinking that stuff, I can't do it, not like the A's and Raiders.

Locally, there are a ton of transplants, people who grew up in NY or Boston, so you see a lot of those Red Sox, Yankees, Mets fans. And it's one of those things where it can be handed to the next generation.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thread diarrhea