Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #41
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
Avery says, "Devin, you will NEVER escape me."
Hahaha. Same thing I thought when I heard the news lol
Old 06-14-2010, 11:35 PM   #42
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

it's funny when they showed avery w/ the Russian owner at the game in the 2nd half avery was so obviously overwound, like an expectant father told to wait outside the delivery room. when he talked to the Russian he cupped his hand over his mouth as if he was delivering state secrets or something. he then did that thing he does where he stares intently ahead and rocks back and forth slightly- his hand over his mouth in an ever so ponderous pose. judging by his demeanor you would of thought HE was coaching in the finals. god it's nice to be done w/ that arrogant little control freak.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-14-2010 at 11:36 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #43
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

I think Avery will do just fine. Some of you still hold it against him that he benced Kidd in the playoffs. I can now see his reasoning. He was the a*ss kicker that the underachieving mavs needed to win. I don't believe he ever wanted that trade for Kidd and he made that statement by benching him. It turns out that he was right Kidd wasn't the answer and it cost this team draft picks ,D Harris and two years too find that out.

As to turning this team into SA what was wrong with that! It's better than the jumpshooting underachieving players on the team now. Given two years he could have gotten rid of those players.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #44
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
I think Avery will do just fine. Some of you still hold it against him that he benced Kidd in the playoffs. I can now see his reasoning. He was the a*ss kicker that the underachieving mavs needed to win. I don't believe he ever wanted that trade for Kidd and he made that statement by benching him. It turns out that he was right Kidd wasn't the answer and it cost this team draft picks ,D Harris and two years too find that out.

As to turning this team into SA what was wrong with that! It's better than the jumpshooting underachieving players on the team now. Given two years he could have gotten rid of those players.
You haven't been watching the Mavs long, have you? Avery brought in NOTHING but jump-shooting veterans to fill-out our roster during his tenure... Plus, he always ran Dirk (and the rest of the team) into the ground between the All-Star break and the playoffs - he was a BIG part of our underachieving...

F*ck Avery Johnson - him & the 12-win Nets deserve each other...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-15-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #45
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post

You cant because they wasnt and would be never a reason to pull a player like Kidd out.

Avery brought here nice defense. On the other hand offense that always ended up in isolation jumpshots. If the other team adjusted he was clueless because his gameplay didnt include more than that.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote