Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-10-2004, 03:53 PM   #1
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road
Default Which deal is better for Shaq? Quote from the Miami Herald

"At 7-1, 300-plus pounds, O'Neal is the definition of above and beyond. But no one is officially proclaiming the Heat the frontrunner. One NBA front-office executive even said a three-team trade involving the Lakers, Pacers and Mavericks could be in the works, leaving the Heat out completely."

Miami's offer of Lamar Odom, Brian Grant, and Caron Butler (that's a maybe...Miami wants to give the Lakers Malik Allen)

OR

3-team trade involving Dallas, Indiana, and the Lakers

Dallas trades Michael Finley, Antoine Walker, Christian Laettner, Tony Delk, and the rights to P-Pod

Dallas receives Shaq and Austin Croshere

Indiana trades Al Harrington, Scott Pollard, and Austin Croshere

Indiana receives Micheal Finley and Tony Delk

Lakers trade Shaq

Lakers receive Al Harrington, Antoine Walker, Christian Laettner, Scott Pollard, and the rights to P-Pod

Why Dallas does it? Shaq

Why Indiana does it? They are desperately looking for an outside shooter. Although Finley's contract is bad...he's still productive. They get rid of 2 terrible contracts in Croshere and Pollard. Al Harrington is nice...but they have Jermaine O'Neal as their PF.

Why Lakers does it? Ok...let's compare...

Odom vs Harrington (Give me Harrington...he's younger, bigger, and doesn't have a drug problem like Odom)
Grant vs Walker and Laettner (Walker and Laettner in a land-slide...their contracts come off the books after this season...plus I believe they're better talent-wise than Grant)
Butler vs Pollard and the rights to P-Pod (Butler gets the edge talent-wise...but Pollard and P-Pod fill a bigger need...the center position)

Your thoughts?
akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2004, 05:02 PM   #2
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Which deal is better for Shaq? Quote from the Miami Herald

I would rather just do the trade with Pacers.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 05:16 PM   #3
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

I like both ideas. Three-way or two way it doesn't matter. P-Pod may be great though (eventually)
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 05:27 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

PPod won't be anything.

I'd do this in a second.

We trade four for two, which gets our roster to a managable place.
AND
We get rid of Walker
AND
We get rid of Michael Finley who has years left on his contract and is getting old fast
AND
Croshere ain't a bad player.

Oh and we'd get Shaq for a couple of years.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 09:41 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Harrington for Stephen Jackson killed that idea.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 10:05 PM   #6
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
PPod won't be anything.
Harsh. P-Pod will definatly be better than Bradley. He may not be Yao, but look how everyone is clamoring over Dampier, Ostertag, and what GS thought about Adonal Foyal...P-Pod looks pretty good to me. Big men are hard to come by.
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote