Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-26-2008, 11:56 PM   #81
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004
I do agree with that. The system was much more suited towards a player like Devin. The reason I was so amped for this trade in the first place was I thought Avery would allow the ball to be in Kidds hands the majority of the time. That hasn't been the case. The fact that Avery wants Kidd to score more really makes me wonder if he's ever watched Kidd before. Hes NEVER been a high percentage guy. He's NEVER been a top scorer. He's one of the best point guards ever because of his ability to make others better. Taking the ball out of his hands 80 percent of the time is just idiotic.

Considering Nash never averaged 9 as a Mav under Nellie, i'm not sure you can say that. If you take the ball out of the playmakers hands, how does he create?
I agree with you on that. Kidd needs to be given more of a chance and let him do what he does best, but I would still say that overall the trade has been a disappointment and Kidd has n't played as well as I expected. The trade was supposed to make us much better and put us over the hump, and I just don't see it even if Avery wouldn't meddle with Kidd.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #82
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Harris scored a season-high 27 points and dished out nine assists for New Jersey in a 123-115 loss at Indiana on Friday.

Harris, who shot 50.0 percent (10-for-20) from the field, is averaging 18.8 points and 9.2 assists in his last six games.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:51 PM   #83
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

NJ lost just in case anyone is forgetting tht

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #84
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

But they lost in style.
/Troy McClure

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #85
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I think everyon can agree that Harris' numbers were going to be up in NJ anyway... but did anyone expect this much out of him so soon?

In the east if he can keep it up for a whole season that's all-star worthy. Who says the kid couldn't pass?

And the saddest part about all of this... we can only dream that we could get that production out of our pg position. 27 points? Dammit.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #86
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Devin with 13 points (5-15) , 7 assists, 5 boards, 2 steals and 5 TOs.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote