Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-04-2002, 09:36 PM   #1
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light

See why Buckner it not a big loss to the Mavs is because he can never stay healthy. According to ESPN.com, Buck sprained a ligament in his right knee and is out 4-6 weeks. Philly now has the problem of dealing with the injury prone Buckner. Imagine if the Mavs had to go a full season will all of their back up SG and SF being hurt in Buckner, Griffin, and Tariq. Thank God for Raja Bell.
VivaNajera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2002, 09:46 PM   #2
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

Raja will play more 2, Eddie is the back up for Dirk at the 3. This is Donn's plan so far.
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 09:46 PM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Ha Ha
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 11:51 PM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I feel bad for Buckner. He's just injury prone. Iverson also hurt his finger and will miss 2-4 weeks.

Iverson out 2-to-4 weeks with injured finger

October 4, 2002

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) -- Philadelphia 76ers guard Allen Iverson will miss 2-to-4 weeks after injuring the middle finger on his shooting hand during practice Friday.

Iverson, the league's leading scorer last season and its MVP in 2000-01, had an MRI on Friday to determine the extent of the injury.

Dr. Jack McPhilemy, the team physician, was to examine Iverson on Saturday to determine further course of action.

Sixers Coach Larry Brown said Iverson basically jammed the middle finger on his right hand, one he had hurt before.

``We've just got to cross our fingers and hope it's not too bad,'' Brown said. ``Allen's injury is a tough thing.''

Also Friday, guard Greg Buckner sprained a ligament in his right knee and is expected to miss 4-to-6 weeks.

Old 10-05-2002, 02:29 PM   #5
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

So maybe Iverson is better off without practice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 09:07 AM   #6
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Looking back at the off-season, did Philly overpay for Buckner or what?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote