Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-13-2003, 05:21 PM   #1
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold
Default Anybody Wanna Deal With the Grizz?

There appears to be a logjam at center in Memphis. Jake Tskalidis has taken the starting spot from Stromile Swift, and Lorenzen Wright is still a factor.

Would anybody deal for any one of these guys? My gut feeling is no, contingent of course on what kind of deal we could get. Since we're dealing with Jerry West, I don't think we could steal anybody.

I've always been intrigued with Swift, but when you lose your starting job to Tsakalidis?????
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2003, 05:31 PM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Anybody Wanna Deal With the Grizz?

There is definitely something going on in Memphis with Swift. I don't think Brown or West like his attitude.

I don't know about all that, but I definitely like his talent and potential.

He'll never be an all-star, but I can see him developing into a taller Ben Wallace... maybe a little less rebounds and more blocked shots.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:41 PM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Anybody Wanna Deal With the Grizz?

I'd love to have Swift, but at what price?
Old 11-13-2003, 05:50 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

how much does swift make?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:10 PM   #5
AdamAMMP

AdamAMMP is on a distinguished road

I like Bo Outlaw
AdamAMMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:11 PM   #6
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
how much does swift make?
According to Hoopshype he makes under $5M a year. They also say he has a low basketball IQ and he isn't focused on the defensive end.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:17 PM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

That doesn't sound to me like someone that would get a lot of minutes here with Nellie coaching. Maybe we should look elsewhere.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:40 AM   #8
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

The usual suspects finley works for person and swift , swift and outlaw would work as well. Walker works the same way as finley does. I just don't see why west would want walker or finley.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 09:15 AM   #9
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Swift is only 6'9. Not impressed with his numbers. His low basketball IQ is the kiss of death with Nellie
Old 11-14-2003, 10:00 AM   #10
Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk Nowitzki is on a distinguished road

Swift is a good defender & plays bigger than the average 6'9" guy due to his long arms. From what I saw of him last year, when he puts his mind to playing defense, he is very solid. The problems are, he seems to bogg down the Memphis offense (Nellie would have none of that) & he sometimes makes dumb decisions in the post at both ends. All in all, I do not see Swift as the type of player who could stay on the floor in Dallas due to Nellies system, much less contribute.
Dirk Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 10:14 AM   #11
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirk Nowitzki
Swift is a good defender & plays bigger than the average 6'9" guy due to his long arms. From what I saw of him last year, when he puts his mind to playing defense, he is very solid. The problems are, he seems to bogg down the Memphis offense (Nellie would have none of that) & he sometimes makes dumb decisions in the post at both ends. All in all, I do not see Swift as the type of player who could stay on the floor in Dallas due to Nellies system, much less contribute.
My question is: Can he defend Shaq or Duncan? I think he does a decent job against Duncan but not sure.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:14 AM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Keep in mind that any Memphis move has to include clearing cap room for Memphis. presumably, West is gonna make a move for Kobe in the off season.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 11:24 AM   #13
Dirk Nowitzki

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Keep in mind that any Memphis move has to include clearing cap room for Memphis. presumably, West is gonna make a move for Kobe in the off season.
That rules the Mavs out of any Memphis deal really. The only guys we have comming off of the books next year are Daniels (hopefully will be resigned cheaply) & Best. Steffansons contract would be tradeable scince it is not guarenteed & he could be cut if that team did not want him.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:02 PM   #14
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirk Nowitzki
Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
That rules the Mavs out of any Memphis deal really. The only guys we have comming off of the books next year are Daniels (hopefully will be resigned cheaply) & Best. Steffansons contract would be tradeable scince it is not guarenteed & he could be cut if that team did not want him.

Well if you want to assume that the Lake Show would trade Shobe, you could always propose a 3 way deal with the Fakers where Shobe ends up in a Grizz uni.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:14 PM   #15
Dirk Nowitzki

I personally would not want the Mavs to be involved in a deal of that magnitude. I do not see a player on the Memphis roster that I would be willing to trade for that would quantify the amount of trade value that would need to make a three team deal that send Kobe to the Grizz work. Are you willing to Part with Walker, Jamison or Fin to bring Swift & filler like Person to Dallas? Remember that in such a three way deal with 3 teams over the cap, all three teams are gonna basically give up matching contracts so unless their is a way to throw Abdul Wahid in this deal I say no.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:18 PM   #16
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
Swift is only 6'9. Not impressed with his numbers. His low basketball IQ is the kiss of death with Nellie
I'll add to that by saying that the kid has no work ethic. You watch him play and he shows no hustle. He could be something in this league for as athletic as he is, but I don't want to see him in a Mavs uni.

If he would accept a little less money, I like the shotblocking of Lorenzen.

I say no to Tsak.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 12:40 PM   #17
Dirk Nowitzki

I know this is kind of off topic, but I still would like to know why the Mavs did not get Dampier in the GS trade. The rumors where before the trade the GS was looking to move Damp & Jamison to free up money for the future. I am guessing that the injury to Foyle & lack of a big man comming back made GS a little leary of trading Damp & Jamison to Dallas.
p.s. Did anyone see Damp vs. Detroit. He played most of the game head to head with Ben Wallace & outrebounded Wallace & had about for sweeeeet post moves that made the Pistons defense look just plain silly.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:44 PM   #18
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I've read that GS was always high on Dampier, and have wanted to get rid of Fortson. That's why we got one instead of the other.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:33 PM   #19
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Jake is 10000000000 times more the answer than Swift is . . . i would go so far as dealing Jamison, and Daniels for the guy.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:18 PM   #20
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: FineCubanCigar
Jake is 10000000000 times more the answer than Swift is . . . i would go so far as dealing Jamison, and Daniels for the guy.
I watched Jake here in Phoenix before he got traded to Memphis for Brevin Knight. I dont get why you like him so much... To say he's better than Swift is just crazy. The only guy on the Mavs roster I would trade to get Tsakalidis is Stefansson.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:34 AM   #21
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

My question is: Can he defend Shaq or Duncan? I think he does a decent job against Duncan but not sure.[/quote]

don't really think that this should be the contingency for making a trade for a big....

because really, who can?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:15 PM   #22
Dirk Nowitzki

I wish we could have dealt with the Suns & got Big Jake & Outlaw. Big Jake is young & not great, but has improved every year & Outlaw is a guy who will bang, rebound, block a few shots, commit the hard foul & does not take too many bad shots. It would have been nice if we could have sent Mills to the Suns for Jake & Outlaw, but the Walker deal probably would not have been doable without the Mills contract.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:15 PM   #23
kingrex
Platinum Member

I have always like Bo Outlaw even back when he played for the Houston Cougars.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:29 PM   #24
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Lorenzen Wright is a rebounding beast!!
Old 11-18-2003, 11:06 AM   #25
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

so is fortson....what they need now is someone who will swat it out and play good man defense....can you say Bradley....or better yet, T. Ratliff?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:50 AM   #26
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I would like to find a way to pry away Lorenzen Wright. I 've always liked his game and he brings much 'tude to the basketball court. He would most likely receive most of the center position starts if he was here.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 12:44 PM   #27
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavs413
Quote:
Originally posted by: FineCubanCigar
I watched Jake here in Phoenix before he got traded to Memphis for Brevin Knight. I dont get why you like him so much... To say he's better than Swift is just crazy. The only guy on the Mavs roster I would trade to get Tsakalidis is Stefansson.
Jake is a dirty inside player, and servicable nothing more. Swift is nothing more than an undersized p/f manning a center postion. How many of those guys do we need? All you people clammoring that Swift is the answer readily forget that he came out as a 3 man slid to the 4 spot and now is a grossly undersized forward/center. He will not help in our defensive scheme at all, he will not be able to body up inside and stand his ground, he isn't the answer to a servicable prototype center.