Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-11-2003, 01:12 AM   #1
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road
Default What? Vescey says Jamison wants to be traded?

I saw this on another board... can anyone verify this?

Quote:
I know we've all been trying to forget about all the trade talk, but did anyone hear Peter Vecsey on NBA TV say that Jamison wanted to be traded so he could start? I didn't hear it, I only heard about it. Could someone enlighten me?
What the hell is going on?

First the Tony Delk thing... then the whole George Karl Portland thing... now Jamison?

There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2003, 01:26 AM   #2
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:What? Vescey says Jamison wants to be traded?

Repeat after me. "Vescey is an idiot. He doesn't know what going on in the league. He makes up stuff and pretends that it comes from legitimate scources."
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 01:30 AM   #3
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Vescey is an idiot! He doesn't know what is going on in the league. He makes up stuff and pretends that it comes from legitimate scources!

Whew. I feel better now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Can we sue Vecsey for saying something like this and having no real source?
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
Old 11-11-2003, 01:37 AM   #4
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV but I think the key to any lawsuit is that damage has to be done. Did this statement damage anything other than Vescey's credibility?
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 01:39 AM   #5
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

It could damage the Mavs chemistry.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:06 AM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:What? Vecsey says Jamison wants to be traded?

Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
It could damage the Mavs chemistry.

And hopefully it will. Nothing better than to have the team come together in indignation over some asinine statement by some jerk like Vescey.

Vescey has made no secret his disdain for all things Maverick, especially Mark Cuban. The Mav players aren't complete idiots, with the possible exception of Fortson, and I don't even think that he's that dumb. The national media as a whole don't like the Mavs, and love to take shots at this team anyway possible. Unfortunately we don't have many rapists or druggies on our team. In fact we're even short big mouthed idiots who publicly dis their teammates. So the media is forced to make up crap since we seem all so determined not to do so.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:35 AM   #7
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Quote:
The national media as a whole don't like the Mavs, and love to take shots at this team anyway possible.
Why does the media hate the Mavs?

Is it because of Cuban?

Nellie?

Dirk?

Fin?

Bradley?

Because they aren't sexy?

Too many white guys?

Nash's hair?

Or are they affraid to support the Mavs because they are unconventional and therefore can't win?
Old 11-11-2003, 09:09 AM   #8
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
Quote:
The national media as a whole don't like the Mavs, and love to take shots at this team anyway possible.
Why does the media hate the Mavs?

Is it because of Cuban?
They think he's a whiny owner and a publicity hog. I view him as "true" Maverick and great owner.
Quote:

Nellie?
They think he's too unconventional and he's Hack-a-someone strategies are too disgusting to the media. I think he's great in some situations but sometimes I don't understand what he's doing.

Quote:

Dirk?
Perceived as soft and defenseles.
Quote:

Fin?
I haven't heard anyone question his character or his heart. Just his dribbling and slashing ability. He really needs to improve those.
Quote:

Bradley?
Bradley gets a bad rap anywhere he goes. He's just a awkward 7'6 guy.
Quote:

Because they aren't sexy?
Can't comment on this one.
Quote:

Too many white guys?
Nope.

Quote:

Nash's hair?
Too greasy.
Quote:

Or are they affraid to support the Mavs because they are unconventional and therefore can't win?
You hit it on the head. What the Mavs are doing is breaking away from proven formulas of "you need an inside presence" or "you need a defensive stopper". The Mavs are really Mavericks!
Old 11-11-2003, 09:17 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You hit it on the head. What the Mavs are doing is breaking away from proven formulas of "you need an inside presence" or "you need a defensive stopper". The Mavs are really Mavericks!
Or, perhaps they'll just end up being the NBA's equivalent to the early 90's Houston Oilers.

What exactly did Peter Vecsey say?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 09:18 AM   #10
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: What? Vecsey says Jamison wants to be traded?

Could the Mods just lock any thread that starts with Vescey? He's not even worthy to be in the trade forum.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 10:08 AM   #11
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind the fact that Jamison agreed to come off the bench BEFORE the Walker trade was consummated.

Vecsey is just babbling. The only reason he still has a job is that people have short memories. NBA columnists, like meteorologists, can be wrong much more often than they are right and keep their job. It's an odd profession.

Old 11-11-2003, 10:16 AM   #12
Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk Nowitzki is on a distinguished road

IMO, Jamison will be our starting small forward. Either by seasons end, or the start of next season. I am not sure Walker can do what Nellie wants him to do (cut back on the turnovers & better shot selection. In any case, I like the Boston trade. If Walker figures it out & becomes a Pippen type with a little less defensive ability, or if he & his much more palitable (than Reafs anyway) contract are treaded for a center, I think his abilities are being showcased this year for another trade. I hate to put too much stock in the Spurs game without Duncan, but Jamison seemed to fit alot better than did Walker in our system.
Dirk Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 12:10 PM   #13
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Too many white guys?
Not anymore. Now the Mavs are the "Soft Black&White Boys".

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-11-2003, 02:54 PM   #14
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Ya we gave away all our white boys and picked up some black boys lol
Old 11-11-2003, 04:38 PM   #15
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Vescey doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 05:01 PM   #16
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Vecsey it he king of unsubstatiated rumor. Take anything he says as B.S. unless your hear from a more reliable source. Let's not perpetuate anything that he says on this forum, PLEASE.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 05:20 PM   #17
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
Vescey doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
Actually I thought it was he didn't know his @$$ from his mouth because S#!^ pours out of both.