Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-24-2005, 09:27 AM   #1
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Dirk Player of the week, once again?

Do you think Dirk has a good chance of winning the western PTOW, 27.75ppg,9,75rpg,3apg,2,25bpg,1,75spg,but also 3,5topg. His shooting was ok: 43,7% fgs, 30,8% 3pfgs,86,1% fts. (I know it's not really worth opening a thread, but I couldn't find a topic this fits in properly...)

Jason Terry should have a chance, too: 18,25ppg,6apg,3,25rpg,2spg,1,25topg, on phenomenal shooting of 72,1(!!!)% fgs,69,2% 3pfgs.

Or is there any better choice on another team? I don't think so...

btw funny poll results on http://www.nba.com/rockets. Yao and TMac No.2 and No.3 in alltime best player voting looool
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2005, 12:06 PM   #2
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dirk Player of the week, once again?

I've been keeping my eye on what's been happening as far as player of the month goes, personally. As far as I can tell for that one Dirk's one of three reasonable choices in the West at this point. T-Mac and Webber are the others that I could find (Webber's been filling up the stat sheet this month, though he did nothing in limited minutes last night). I suppose a case could be made for Amare but after the way he struggled without Nash I sort of doubt it. Steve too after the way the team fell apart without him, but his stats (outside of the double digit assists, of course) don't really stand out.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:23 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dirk Player of the week, once again?

Right now, I'd have to say that Dirk has a definite advantage over TMac and a slight edge over Webber. Webber's averaging more rebounds and more assists, but Dirk's shooting the ball better from the field and blocking more shots while turning the ball over less. Oh yeah, Dirk's averaging 30 a game. Plus, Dirk's shooting a high percentage from beyond the arc whereas Webber really isn't a threat. Webber's shooting a bit better from the FT line, but he gets to the line 4-5 times less a game. Steals are about the same. At this point, I'd have to say that Dirk's the better defender.

Of the three you mentioned, the only reason I can see the NBA not giving it to Dirk is because he one it last month. With that being said, it'll probaby be decided the final few games of the month.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:28 PM   #4
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with everything, Murph. Unfortunately also that bit about Dirk having won it last month. Hopefully Dirk can keep to the high standard. Mavs are definitely in a rough stretch and they may need him to.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:29 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Webber will make or break his case during the last week of the month. I think they have games against NJ, Houston, Minnesota, and San Antonio...but don't quote me on that list...
Old 01-24-2005, 12:31 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Webber will make or break his case during the last week of the month. I think they have games against NJ, Houston, Minnesota, and San Antonio...but don't quote me on that list...
Hahahahahaha!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2005, 12:32 PM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Webber left last nights game with a sprained ankle. They don't think it's serious, but with him you can't be too sure.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:34 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

You can almost always give it to KG..but, his team's struggles have hurt him this month. Plus, he just doesn't take over games offensively. He's an amazing rebounder and a good shot blocker, but he doesn't take over enough games on the offensive end of the ball when his team desperately needs it.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:50 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I think it has to be between Webber and Dirk at this point.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:00 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Jason Terry would have to be a darkhorse for the award. He's shooting 60.4% from the field, 61.8% from beyond the arc, has 3 boards, 6.1 assists, only 1.7 to's, 1.7 steals, and 16.6 points.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:12 PM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Tim Duncan is always a candidate. January has been his worse month statistically, but the Spurs have defeated the Mavs, the Suns and probably the Kings twice and now have the best record in the league.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:10 PM   #12
Waschdel

Waschdel is on a distinguished road

Lebron James and Jason Terry are players of the week. I really like the fact that Jet gets some league-wide attention. That should give him another boost.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:16 PM   #13
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Does player of the week or player of the month enter in the equation for MVP? Does all it do is give media coverage or does it actually have any bearing in the MVP choice?
Old 01-24-2005, 02:52 PM   #14
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Jason Terry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #15
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

For someone who's been tabbed by his own head coach as "not a PG"... for someone who's been passed over twice before getting a start... this must be real sweet!!

Congrats Terry... keep up the good work!!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:49 PM   #16
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Jason Terry would have to be a darkhorse for the award. He's shooting 60.4% from the field, 61.8% from beyond the arc, has 3 boards, 6.1 assists, only 1.7 to's, 1.7 steals, and 16.6 points.
Good call!
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:53 PM   #17
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

For all those who thought Harris should start, do you admit that you are/were wrong?
Old 01-24-2005, 06:46 PM   #18
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

No, because he will start eventually. What is there to be wrong about?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:51 PM   #19
Simon2
Diamond Member

Lol! Eventually.... but no over Terry at this point or even at beginning of the season.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:51 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

I don't remember whether or not I was calling for Harris to be the starter. It's been awhile....However, I did defend Nellie's decision to start him in some of my conversations with some people via the miracle of email. I was one that was at least in the wrong for that.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:06 AM   #21
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: #41

Jason Terry should have a chance, too: 18,25ppg,6apg,3,25rpg,2spg,1,25topg, on phenomenal shooting of 72,1(!!!)% fgs,69,2% 3pfgs.

Or is there any better choice on another team? I don't think so...
Nice choice!
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:07 PM   #22
Simon2
Diamond Member

Its takes a big man to admit they were wrong. Nice job.

Quote:
I don't remember whether or not I was calling for Harris to be the starter. It's been awhile....However, I did defend Nellie's decision to start him in some of my conversations with some people via the miracle of email. I was one that was at least in the wrong for that.