Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #1201
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Hinrich to Portland
Boozer to Chicago
Ty Thomas to Utah

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4317515

Portland getting desperate? Utah same, with rumors of Millsap offer from Portland, Utah looking to shed before committing to Millsap. Ain't it great to have Cuban as an owner, win at all costs. It's just one year, pay the bill and move on.
wrong thread
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #1202
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Seeing as it's finally official, I'd just like to say that I'm very happy with this trade. Absolutely worth the wait. Doesn't address passing or three-point shooting, but improves the team in every other category - defense, rebounding, fast-break, points in the paint, scoring balance, lineup flexibility - and does so without costing the team either of it's most valuable trade chips moving forward. Hell of a job by the front office showing patience early in the game, and then moving forward decisively and creatively when their moment arrived.
actually marions a very good but not flashy passer. He gets alot of hockey assists and does a great job of not stopping the ball.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #1203
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle is on The Ticket right now
Old 07-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #1204
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

that's the most emotion i've ever heard about him when he said thanks for the applause.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #1205
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone could definitively put the Spurs ahead of the Mavs at this point. The Mavs flat-out owned the Spurs in the playoffs, sans Ginobili. Add in Ginobili, it's probably a 7-game series. Add in both teams' offseason additions, it's still probably a 7 game series.

Oh, and Gortat is/will be better than McDyess. As people noted earlier, McDyess, although a good pick up, won't do anything for them that KT didn't.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 07-09-2009 at 05:27 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #1206
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future
Default SHAWN MARION SPEAKS....

Quote:
Shawn Marion: 'I see myself fitting in great'

Shawn Marion earned a rep in Phoenix as a guy who worried too much about points and shots and his spot on the team totem pole.

Three NBA stops later, he sounds refreshed to be back on a team that has a chance to be a title contender. Marion, one of the league's most versatile players, says he isn't concerned about his role on a Mavs team that already has three guys capable of averaging 20-plus points per game.

"I'm a basketball player," Marion said on a teleconference. "I see myself fitting in great there. With J. Kidd running the show, you know that he is definitely going to spread the wealth. That's what it takes. It's just a matter of everybody getting the chemistry and jelling."

It shouldn't take long for Marion to get on the same page with Kidd, who ran the show for the Suns' during Marion's first two seasons in the league.

As far as complementing Dirk -- "a monster," the Matrix called him -- Marion is a solid spot-up shooter and joins Josh Howard as slashers who ought to be able to take advantage of the attention opponents devote to the bio German.

Marion's defensive ability will allow Rick Carlisle to be creative with his lineups. Even at 31, Marion might be the Mavs' best defender at four positions.
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...ng-in-gre.html
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #1207
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555 View Post

oh sweet!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #1208
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

"Stay tuned" - Rick Carlisle. Looks like they'll be doing some more moving and shaking.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #1209
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
oh sweet!
I'm loving it!
Old 07-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #1210
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

I heard that too, i think there gonna deal Jet because Carlisle never mentioned him. He talked about who guards who and even talked about boobie guarding pg's, but never mentioned JET.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #1211
walter

walter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nice

Anybody catch around the horn just now? Woody just proved how much of a moron he really is. While all the other guys agreed that the mavs at least made some decent upgrades, woody was acting like we just signed mike iuzzolino or something. He sat there and rolled his eyes at Cowlishaw who was trying to explain that we just got 2 potential starters for what amounts to basically nothing.

I mean how blind could you be? Say what you will about our championship chances after the trade, but how can anyone possibly think that marion and gortat is not a major upgrade over stackhouse, wright, and george? I dont expect people to gush over the roster but damn, at least think for a second before you open your mouth. What a crock.
walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #1212
monty55555
Platinum Member

Default More Shawn Marion Q & A on being a Mav..

Quote:
After the Mavericks acquired four-time NBA All-Star Shawn Marion in a four-team trade, the newest Mav spoke via a teleconference with Mavs.com’s Earl K. Sneed about coming to Dallas, once again playing with point guard Jason Kidd and on bringing a championship to Big D.

(On his emotions after hearing that the trade was official)
Shawn Marion: It’s crazy because with so many things going on, I was just going to sit back and wait until something happened. There was so many chances that it wasn’t going to get done, while this and that was going through. I’m just happy it got done. I’m excited to be a Dallas Maverick.

Mavs.com: Mavs fans and the city of Dallas became familiar with you from your years in Phoenix, during the Mavs-Suns rivalry. What’s it like knowing that you are going to be on the other side of that rivalry now that you’ll be in a Dallas uniform?

SM: It’s kind of crazy. We did have a nice little rivalry going back a few years ago. At the same time, that’s the way it goes down sometimes. I’m glad to be back with my man, J. Kidd. I came in the league with J. Kidd (in Phoenix), and I went to camp with Jason Terry back in college. And I know Dirk because we’ve played so much. But it’s exciting. I’m ready to get it going.

(On speaking to current Mavs about playing in Dallas)

SM: I’ve talked to J. Kidd already. I’ve talked to Jason Terry. I’ve probably gotten calls from everybody else, because my phone has been going off.

(On how he views his role with the Mavs)

SM: I’m a basketball player. I see myself fitting in great there. With J. Kidd running the show, you know that he is definitely going to spread the wealth. That’s what it takes. It’s just a matter of everybody getting the chemistry and gelling.

(On playing with a pass-first point guard like Jason Kidd)

SM: That’s what you’re supposed to have. All of the great teams in the league have a good point guard on the team. It speaks for itself.

Mavs.com: You’ve been looking for a long-term deal. How does it feel to have the deal done so you can concentrate on playing basketball with your new team?

SM: That’s what it’s about. At the end of the day, everybody wants security. But you can still get injured, so it’s important to still play hard. But it’s something I’ve wanted since I’ve been in the league, and of course, I’ve been on competitive teams. But other than that, you’ve got Mark Cuban. He’s a great owner. That’s a great man and it’s a great organization, and that’s what it’s about.

Mavs.com: Do you think you can get back to the All-Star level that you played at in Phoenix?

SM: Oh yes, definitely. Definitely.

(On moving from Phoenix to Miami to Toronto in the past two seasons)

SM: It’s been an adjustment. After being in just one city for so long, that’s all you know. I was so used to winning in Phoenix, that was all I knew how to do. It’s a learning curve, but that’s a part of the business.

Mavs.com: How do you see yourself and Josh Howard playing together, considering the fact that you have each played the small forward position in your careers?

SM: I’ll play really any position. It’s just a matter of all of us going in and competing. I think that we won’t have a problem meshing. We just have to go out there and compete with each other.

(On playing alongside Dirk Nowitzki)

SM: It’s going to be great because he’s a monster. He’s a handful for people that have to guard him. All I have is respect for him.

(On bringing a championship to Dallas)

SM: Why not? Everybody starts training camp at the beginning of the season with the ultimate goal of winning a championship. You have to have that aspiration. That’s what you have to focus on.
http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5800028122
Old 07-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #1213
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Hollins imo> Jawaii
Old 07-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #1214
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
Hollins imo> Jawaii
Absolutely, I expect that we will just buy out Jawai's contract. Hollins has too much potential, or upside(Rick Carlisle), to just let him walk. I really don't want to watch him play for any one else.
RoddyB#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #1215
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

5 reasons why Marion will like playing here in Dallas
1. Dude knows he's getting up there in age and wants a ring, which he may be able to do here.
2. He is familiar with Jason Kidd and has thrived with him before.
3. He knows the damage that Dirk and J-ho can do. (2006 playoffs)
4. He just finished playing for the Miami Cheat and Toronto Craptors, laughingstocks of the league. Obviously, he's gunna be rejuvenated.
5. Read 1 thru 4.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #1216
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
"Stay tuned" - Rick Carlisle. Looks like they'll be doing some more moving and shaking.
hehe heard that as well

woot i'm soo excited right now, can't wait to see whats going to happen next
Old 07-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #1217
LSMF
Diamond Member

Hopefully we can make a few more moves and bring a championship or two to Dallas. And yes, I believe at this point we are legit contenders, but we still need just a bit more tweaking.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #1218
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
I heard that too, i think there gonna deal Jet because Carlisle never mentioned him. He talked about who guards who and even talked about boobie guarding pg's, but never mentioned JET.
yeah he did. he said they'd start josh at the 2 and then bring in JET.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #1219
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter View Post
Anybody catch around the horn just now? Woody just proved how much of a moron he really is. While all the other guys agreed that the mavs at least made some decent upgrades, woody was acting like we just signed mike iuzzolino or something. He sat there and rolled his eyes at Cowlishaw who was trying to explain that we just got 2 potential starters for what amounts to basically nothing.

I mean how blind could you be? Say what you will about our championship chances after the trade, but how can anyone possibly think that marion and gortat is not a major upgrade over stackhouse, wright, and george? I dont expect people to gush over the roster but damn, at least think for a second before you open your mouth. What a crock.
Not to mention saying we would be 4-7 in the West (maybe that was someone after Around the Horn) after "barely" making the playoffs. Yeah, did we barely make the Semifinals as well? As far as I am concerned, we were better than the Spurs, Blazers, New Orleans at home, Jazz, Suns, and arguably the Rockets by the end of the season. We were the third to fourth best team in the West at the end of the season despite being sixth seed.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #1220
Dirkules41

Dirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the rough

I hope they will not Trade the Jet, he's my second favorite mavs player and a force from the bench, trade JHo instead!
Dirkules41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:20 PM   #1221
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like such a n00b for being at work for pretty much all of this craziness...I'm bummed to have missed it.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #1222
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
actually marions a very good but not flashy passer. He gets alot of hockey assists and does a great job of not stopping the ball.
Oh, I don't at all think he'll be an impediment to ball-movement. I just think his strongest contribution to the Mavs passing game will be his ability to get open, catch, and finish. The team would still benefit from having another gifted passer, or perhaps more accurately, set-up guy (by positional standards, at least) in the rotation.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #1223
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I feel like such a n00b for being at work for pretty much all of this craziness...I'm bummed to have missed it.
It's no less than you deserve for deceiving us all with that baseless Banks rumor.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #1224
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey, the second I left town for a week, Gortat came up and the FO started doing business. I guess I should go out of town more often .

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #1225
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Hey, the second I left town for a week, Gortat came up and the FO started doing business. I guess I should go out of town more often .
We need to give you a dallas-mavs.com paid vacation the first week of 2010 free agency.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #1226
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's no less than you deserve for deceiving us all with that baseless Banks rumor.
Whatever...

I'm definitely excited to see how this gels together and whatever else we do to finish off what has been the most eventful offseason we've seen in years. But I do remember this article:

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/full...mn.php?id=1436

Those guys definitely are something for sure...

Another trip down memory lane:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...dime-090117-18

Quote:
The idea that Miami would send Shawn Marion to Toronto before the Feb. 19 trading deadline is a natural on multiple levels and, according to one insider, has been "circulating for awhile." But ongoing discussions toward a possible Marion-for-Jermaine O'Neal trade, according to NBA front-office sources, are not the only talks Pat Riley is having these days.

Two obvious factors that favor Toronto:

1. Marion could slot in between Raps cornerstones Chris Bosh and Andrea Bargnani and provide the clear upgrade at the wing position that Toronto president Bryan Colangelo -- who drafted Marion in Phoenix in 1999 -- has been seeking via trade for weeks.

2. O'Neal, if healthy, could address one of Riley's biggest needs, since the Heat have no dependable center. Better yet, O'Neal carries a hefty contract that expires after the 2009-10 season, whether or not he can shake his persistent knee troubles. The contract expires just in time for the summer, when Riley will be trying to re-sign Dwyane Wade and put a marquee player next to him. (Sacramento, for the record, could swing this sort of Marion deal as well, by sending Miami pass-happy center Brad Miller and little-used Kenny Thomas, both of whom possess contracts expiring after the '09-10 season.)

However ...

Plugged-in sources say that Riley wants to see how O'Neal, who only returned to the Raptors' lineup Friday, holds up physically in a handful of games before taking the discussions any further. And as stated above, sources indicate that there are other teams in contention for Marion, most notably Dallas in a trade that would feature Josh Howard going to Miami for Marion.

Yet it remains to be seen (a) whether Miami ultimately decides that it would rather gamble on O'Neal's vulnerable right knee in spite of his Toronto's struggles because quality centers are harder to find and (b) whether Dallas is prepared to surrender Howard for Marion and risk losing Marion without compensation this summer.

Howard obviously isn't a center, but the 28-year-old would appear to fit better alongside Wade and rookie Michael Beasley than Marion, since he wouldn't cut into Beasley's minutes at power forward like Marion sometimes does.

Howard also has a contract that fits into Miami's long-range plans, with a salary of $10.4 million this season, $11.4 million next season and a team option for 2010-11 at $12.3 million. Acquiring Howard now would give the Heat almost a season and a half to gauge how he functions as a Wade sidekick, with no obligation to slice into their future salary-cap space if they don't like how it looks.

Because its original three-way deal with Charlotte and Oklahoma City featuring Raymond Felton unraveled last week, Dallas still has Jerry Stackhouse's virtual expiring contract ($7 million this season, only $2 million guaranteed next season) to facilitate such a swap. A package of Howard and Stackhouse works for Marion cap-wise.
Talk about some funny crap right there.
Ultimately this offseason was going to be based on what Cuban and Co. did with the chip...Success.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #1227
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Whatever...

I'm definitely excited to see how this gels together and whatever else we do to finish off what has been the most eventful offseason we've seen in years. But I do remember this article:

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/full...mn.php?id=1436

Those guys definitely are something for sure...

Another trip down memory lane:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...dime-090117-18

Talk about some funny crap right there.
Ultimately this offseason was going to be based on what Cuban and Co. did with the chip...Success.
Great find. We really got a great deal on Marion.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #1228
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
We need to give you a dallas-mavs.com paid vacation the first week of 2010 free agency.
And send BG with a poststamp on his ass with him
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #1229
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Cuban's latest Twitter:

Welcome to @matrix31 and all of our new mavs ! The fun is just starting !
Old 07-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #1230
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
And send BG with a poststamp on his ass with him

Old 07-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #1231
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Dang sounds like Mark Cuban is planning to make as many moves as I do on NBA2k

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #1232
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

The fun is just starting? I like the sound of that. I wonder if he already has something in mind. The more I think about Josh at the 2 the more I'm okay with it. We have been deprived of a decent sized starting caliber two guard for what seems like an eternity, Howard has all the tools to be able to make this work, in theory. Also, given that it's a contract year I think we are going to see some pretty aggressive (possibly selfish) plays from Josh both on the offensive and defensive ends.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #1233
mkat
Platinum Member

i think you could do something relatively large with Josh + Damp or something. i don't know the numbers or the details, but it seems like they still have quite a few chips to make some more deals.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #1234
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
i think you could do something relatively large with Josh + Damp or something. i don't know the numbers or the details, but it seems like they still have quite a few chips to make some more deals.
We NEED Damp to be on the roster next summer - his huge expiring contract and the dramatically lower cap would essentially allow us to offer a big FA more money than anyone else. Josh Howard is without a doubt my least favorite member of this team (and it's for basketball reasons alone), but part of me is kind of excited at having a rebounding advantage at all 5 positions on a nightly basis. And the defensive flexibility we would have would be unreal with a big, strong PG like Kidd, a 6-7 SG in Howard, and fantastic defenders at the 3 and the 5 (assuming Gortat works out, knock on wood). Honestly, I'm really comfortable going into opening night with this starting 5. The bench needs some tinkering though.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #1235
RoddyB#3

Quote:
One player has a contract that would work straight up for those two. At least one player who is probably available for those two. Unfortunately, mentioning his name might start a debate in here It shouldn't take to long to figure out who I'm talking about. Once you figure it out you'll know why I didn't bring it up He would be a big name though!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #1236
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

I hope your not talking about Tmac!

BEAT LA

Last edited by badfish22; 07-09-2009 at 10:00 PM.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #1237
RoddyB#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
I hope your not talking about Tmac!
I told you I didn't want to bring it up
Old 07-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #1238
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
JJB = Parker's bane

SA can suck it.
we need more of this from C!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #1239
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoddyB#3 View Post
I told you I didn't want to bring it up
T-Mac?

When the Mavs Dancer have their camp? But i hope he doesnt cry again if he doesnt make the squad.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #1240
RoddyB#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
T-Mac?

When the Mavs Dancer have their camp? But i hope he doesnt cry again if he doesnt make the squad.
I was trying to spare him from this Although, I thought he showed some pretty good moves at the last camp

This could be his year! lol

Last edited by RoddyB#3; 07-09-2009 at 10:12 PM.

Tags
dammit horse, nine whole gays