Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #1521
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

A simple question for my fellow Mav fans: How many times does Shawn Marion jump in a game?
Old 07-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #1522
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamotorsports View Post
Finally a good player for the mavs . Shawn will fit in well . Just not enough fire power yet . Spurs now have too many weapons . Good luck .
click here
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:34 PM   #1523
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Finally a good player for the mavs . Shawn will fit in well . Just not enough fire power yet . Spurs now have too many weapons . Good luck .
Am I the only one who feels the Mavs have just as many weapons as the Spurs?
Old 07-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #1524
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
Am I the only one who feels the Mavs have just as many weapons as the Spurs?
Hell no!

I feel we have more, and are still attaining more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #1525
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

The Spurs absolutly have to stay healthy this year, again no depth 4 guys and garbage around them Hill could be decent over time but Pop hates playing young player, the Mavs have more weapons and are deeper, Spurs have better starting lineup though, and injuries have to be a concern with Timmy and Parker especially
Old 07-30-2009, 10:42 PM   #1526
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Spurs have better starting lineup though
Do they?

Parker > Kidd (Kidd still has Parker owned in the other parts of the game...but Parker's ability to get to the rim and take over a game is among the league's elite.

Manu > JHo (but this is way closer than the national media would suggest)

Jefferson < Marion (easily)

Timmy < Dirk (easily...remember this isn't 2004 anymore)

Spare < Gooden/Damp (easily)

So I ask again..."do they?"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 07-30-2009 at 10:54 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:52 PM   #1527
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post

Timmy > Dirk (easily...remember this isn't 2004 anymore)
Wtf?

I beg to differ.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2009, 10:53 PM   #1528
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wtf?

I beg to differ.
Let me correct my arrows...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-30-2009, 10:56 PM   #1529
Nowitzki4President

Quote:
Hahaha, you got every single arrow backwards lol

I remember learning this in 2nd grade. They would tell me a little hint: The alligator wants to eat the biggest #. I guess because the signs look like gators. I didn't get it until 4th grade. F**k these gators haha

Quote:
Old 07-30-2009, 10:57 PM   #1530
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
You had me confused to Sike. In fact I got so mixed up I had to ask my girl.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #1531
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
You had me confused to Sike. In fact I got so mixed up I had to ask my girl.
Now that IS desperate!! Sorry for the confusion, bro

Old 07-30-2009, 11:08 PM   #1532
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Quote:
Now that IS desperate!! Sorry for the confusion, bro
LOL! No problem and for the record I agree with your assessment.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:23 PM   #1533
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You mean errors. pfft what a slump.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:58 PM   #1534
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
You mean errors. pfft what a slump.
the dog pile will never end....

Old 07-31-2009, 12:01 AM   #1535
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea I been wading around in a dog pile myself lately. I t happens to the best of us

Old 07-31-2009, 01:21 AM   #1536
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Do they?

Parker > Kidd (Kidd still has Parker owned in the other parts of the game...but Parker's ability to get to the rim and take over a game is among the league's elite.

To call Marion over Jefferson easily is homer statement imo, look at numbers Jefferson actually has a very good jumper out at 18-20 feet can create for himself and shoot the 3, though he isn't a good defender

Parker> Kidd (easily)
Manu= Josh Wash imo
Jefferson> Marion (slight slight edge to Spurs)
Timmy < Dirk (clearly better player at this point)
Mcdysse= Gooden/ Damp

Last edited by mavs777; 07-31-2009 at 01:22 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:58 AM   #1537
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I would say Marion over RJ slightly.
And Manu over Josh. Manu is one of the 5 to 10 guys or so in the entire league you want to have the ball with the game on the line. josh is the opposite.
Adding Dice&Rj, plus factoring for George Hill's continued improvement, is a pretty stellar offseason
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:10 AM   #1538
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To call Marion over Jefferson easily is homer statement imo, look at numbers Jefferson actually has a very good jumper out at 18-20 feet can create for himself and shoot the 3, though he isn't a good defender

Parker> Kidd (easily)
Manu= Josh Wash imo
Mcdysse= Gooden/ Damp
calling it an EASY win for the mavs may be homerish but calling it a win for the spurs is borderline foolish. Theres not really anything RJ does better than Marion. With most people youd argue create off the dribble but RJ isnt that kind of guy either.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:28 AM   #1539
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Parker> Kidd (easily)
Manu= Josh Wash imo
Mcdysse= Gooden/ Damp
Do you even watch basketball?

You're going to give Jefferson a "slight slight edge" over Marion because he can do 1 or 2 things better than Marion? (whereas Marion does about 5 things better than Jefferson...)

I'm going to start negative repping you for posts like this - especially when you call an astute observation "homerism" (I mean, can you really consider it to be "homerism" when you only gave Jefferson a "slight slight edge"? Homers tend to be completely off base...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:00 AM   #1540
usamotorsports
Banned

usamotorsports is infamous around these partsusamotorsports is infamous around these partsusamotorsports is infamous around these parts

You mavs are so dead next year...

usamotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:08 AM   #1541
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

So this is where the '9 whole gays' tag comes into play.

I finally get it!

Last edited by Windmill360; 07-31-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:11 AM   #1542
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

At what point does being a troll become bannable?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:14 AM   #1543
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Quote:

No Finley or Bonner!!!!
RoddyB#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:15 AM   #1544
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
At what point does being a troll become bannable?
Damn good question. That point was passed about 6 posts ago. I would ban his/ their asses on that first post because its painfully obvious where its headed. It seems like once there is an uproar about it then the mods do it.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:18 AM   #1545
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quiet! Give this man his run at BigD.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:20 AM   #1546
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

TT is the perfect storm for a hated Mavs player. Not only does he have extremely bad blood with the Mavs... he's not skilled enough to get over it.

As a fan, I can instantly like Marion on our team. Or someone like Baron Davis or Wade. TT isn't worth it.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:24 AM   #1547
SMC0007
Guru

Why do Mavs fans still hate TT? Strictly for the incident when Dirk dropped his sack on him during the playoffs? If so, Dirk has wayyyy moved on and likes him here, so why can't some of you. Why hold a grudge that long? Maybe take a lesson from the Dirkster.

I swear some of you guys need to be a lil more professional... as Mavs fans.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:25 AM   #1548
fluid.forty.one

Nah, F Tim Thomas.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:32 AM   #1549
SMC0007
Guru

Fair enough.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:35 AM   #1550
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

but this is the shawn marion thread.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:40 AM   #1551
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why do Mavs fans still hate TT? Strictly for the incident when Dirk dropped his sack on him during the playoffs? If so, Dirk has wayyyy moved on and likes him here, so why can't some of you. Why hold a grudge that long? Maybe take a lesson from the Dirkster.

I swear some of you guys need to be a lil more professional... as Mavs fans.
Having Tim Thomas on the Mavs is kinda like having that not-so-charming-not-so-attractive-D-student-stoner-kid dating your hot Ivy League-bound daughter...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-31-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:43 AM   #1552
usamotorsports
Banned

usamotorsports is infamous around these partsusamotorsports is infamous around these partsusamotorsports is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Do they?

lol timmy is provin still to today

2009 Playoffs

Game 1
T. Duncan 13-24 FG 9 reb 2 ast 27 pts
D. Nowitzki 7-15 FG 8 reb 2 ast 19 pts

Game 2
T. Duncan 5-10 FG 11 reb 5 ast 13 pts
D. Nowitzki 3-14 FG 6 reb 3 ast 14 pts

Game 3
T. Duncan 2-9 FG 2 reb 1 ast 4 pts ----- played only 15 min
D. Nowitzki 8-12 FG 7 reb 2 ast 20 pts ----- played only 26 min

Game 4
T. Duncan 7-13 FG 10 reb 7 ast 25 pts
D. Nowitzki 4-9 FG 13 reb 1 ast 12 pts

Game 5
T. Duncan 14-21 FG 8 reb 1 ast 30 pts
D. Nowitzki 11-17 FG 9 reb 3 ast 31 pts

Total

T. Duncan 41-77 FG 40 reb 16 ast 99 pts
D. Nowitzki 33-67 FG 43 reb 11 ast 96 pts

Averages

T. Duncan 53.2% FG 8.0 reb 3.2 ast 19.8 pts
D. Nowitzki 49.2% FG 8.6 reb 2.2 ast 19.2 pts
Old 07-31-2009, 10:44 AM   #1553
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Having Tim Thomas on the Mavs is kinda like having that not-so-charming-not-so-attractive-D-student-stoner-kid dating your hot Ivy League-bound daughter...
I've got a puzzle for you:

Horse hung a like

Wait, that makes it worse...

Is this ghost ball??
Old 07-31-2009, 10:44 AM   #1554
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Soo.... you're saying that TT isn't hot?

Old 07-31-2009, 10:44 AM   #1555
Underdog

Quote:
lol timmy is provin still to today

2009 Playoffs

Game 1
T. Duncan 13-24 FG 9 reb 2 ast 27 pts
D. Nowitzki 7-15 FG 8 reb 2 ast 19 pts

Game 2
T. Duncan 5-10 FG 11 reb 5 ast 13 pts
D. Nowitzki 3-14 FG 6 reb 3 ast 14 pts

Game 3
T. Duncan 2-9 FG 2 reb 1 ast 4 pts ----- played only 15 min
D. Nowitzki 8-12 FG 7 reb 2 ast 20 pts ----- played only 26 min

Game 4
T. Duncan 7-13 FG 10 reb 7 ast 25 pts
D. Nowitzki 4-9 FG 13 reb 1 ast 12 pts

Game 5
T. Duncan 14-21 FG 8 reb 1 ast 30 pts
D. Nowitzki 11-17 FG 9 reb 3 ast 31 pts

Total

T. Duncan 41-77 FG 40 reb 16 ast 99 pts
D. Nowitzki 33-67 FG 43 reb 11 ast 96 pts

Averages

T. Duncan 53.2% FG 8.0 reb 3.2 ast 19.8 pts
D. Nowitzki 49.2% FG 8.6 reb 2.2 ast 19.2 pts
this thread is about Shawn Marion, not the f#$king Spurs...

Last edited by Flacolaco; 07-31-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:46 AM   #1556
usamotorsports
Banned

Quote:
- this thread is about Shawn Marion, not the Spurs...

lol OWNED

Last edited by Flacolaco; 07-31-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:47 AM   #1557
Underdog

Quote:
Soo.... you're saying that TT isn't hot?
Would you crawl into bed with him?

(I rest my case...)

Old 07-31-2009, 10:49 AM   #1558
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Why do I have a sudden dislike for NASCAR, Formula 1 and Motocross?

Is this ghost ball??
Old 07-31-2009, 10:52 AM   #1559
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Like you guys have something better to do in the off-season than bitch at/about the trolls?

So far, I still like this motorsports guy better than I like Tim Thomas.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:57 AM   #1560
Underdog

nm

Last edited by Underdog; 07-31-2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: my Cheerios are now piss-free

Tags
dammit horse, nine whole gays