Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-29-2002, 08:49 AM   #1
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Against the Jazz and Wizards Dirk shot 16-for-41 from the field, 1-for-8 from 3-point-range and 25-for-29 on freethrows. He also had 17 rebounds in those two games.
The last two against NOH and NYK he shot better (20-for-40 on FG and 2-for-3 on 3FG), but didn't get to the line once and averaged only 8 boards! Can anyone tell me why not? Was he only shooting from the outside in those games?
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2002, 09:12 AM   #2
realclipsfan
Banned

realclipsfan is on a distinguished road

yes, he was shooting primarily from the outside
realclipsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 11:39 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I also think he was getting rotten treatment from the refs. In the no game he was hammered going to the hoop once no call and last night there were at least 3 times I thought he got fouled on shots with no call. Myself and my buddy both saw it and usually we're pretty much on when we both see it, if only one sees it, all bets are off.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 04:47 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah..i dont' like to gripe about refs..so i won't. but dirk didn't get any calls the last two games..he has been fouled on jumpshots numerous times.. He doesn't leave jumpshots two feet short. if the shot wasn't block, it would have to be a foul. that happened twice last game.

Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 05:35 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Dirk, and every other player for that matter, is totally dependent on the refs to get FTs. Dirk can do thinks that will enhance the chances of other players making contact that is in violation of the NBA rule book, but all fouls are subjective calls by refs. If the ref doesn't call the foul, Dirk doesn't get to the line. It appears that the refs have very little accountability with their subjective calls. IMO Dirk is not getting the calls on fouls very often at all this year. I can't understand why. He is a star player. He plays tough. He drives. Seems for some reason the refs have decided to freeze him out of fouls. Dirk's not the only Mav to get this treatment either. Maybe it has something to do with Cubes. I don't no, but I'm beginning to think the Mavs need to learn to play 5 on 8 for the rest of the year.
Old 12-29-2002, 05:51 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm not gonna go as far as to say the refs are freezing out the mavs.. but, ..i wouldn't be surprised if in the back of their mind, they have some negative feelings directed towards cuban that could possibly affect the way they officiate the game..and this is one of the main reasons i want cuban to shut the hell up
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 06:15 PM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Murph: Cubes has been much quieter in complaining about the refs this year. Admittedly, he could be quieter still. But I think that the NBA officiation has some major problems which David Stern and Ed Rush are refusing to address and just ignoring in hopes that they will go away. The Mavs have improved tremendously defensively this year. But I still feel that the refs call the games against us like we were playing last year. Same with us getting calls on offense. It seems the refs think of us as a jump shooting team only, so we don't get near the same percentage of calls of other teams which are preceived as driving and posting up more. Other teams have been allowed to mug Dirk, Nash, and Fin when we are on offense without a call. I don't mean just a little contact, but putting people on the floor contact. Yet on the next play on our defensive end, we get called for a touch foul that didn't affect anything. To our credit we have played through this fairly well. I just don't see this changing. Yeah we do get some calls. But it seems that the scale is tilted very muh in favor of our opponents. They get liberty to play very physical with us, but we do not get anywhere near the same opportunity. Maybe the refs can't believe that we are a good team and still want to treat us like a lottery team. I just think that all teams and players should get a fair shake. This pecking order system of the NBA officiating is not good for the game IMO. What is a foul for one player or team should be a foul for the other player or team. There needs to be a way for teams to intelligently rate and evaluate the refs and get rid of those who do not perform compatently. The refs really work for the owners as does David Stern and Ed Rush. I just get the feeling from a lot of refs that game is all about them. Like they want to decide which will be the best teams and players. The Mavs don't need to get caught up in this, but as a fan I'm sick of it.
Old 12-30-2002, 05:54 AM   #8
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

The Mavs as a team are attempting 84.7 fg´s per game, which is the most in the league. They are attempting 22.8 ft´s which is 24th in the league. If you consider all teams are allways saying they want to play us hard and physical, these numbers do look at least a little strange (and yes I know we shoot a lot of jumpshots, but still...must be revenge).
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 02:37 PM   #9
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

wow
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote