Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-27-2001, 09:26 AM   #1
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

MORE ABOUT THIS!!!
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2001, 09:43 AM   #2
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Well, Mavs.Exit.De, I dont wanna start a dispute here, but some of the things you´re writing in the players info is a little - hmmm.

Shawn Bradley: "Some have expected more out of Shawn Bradley last season, but he´s simply not a very good center. [...] He´s got to improve by far his rebounding and low-post scoring, just 7.1 points in the regular season and 6.3 during the playoffs is pretty low, just like his rebounding, 7.4 during the regular season and 7.1 during the playoffs ..."

You completely ignore two things: Playing time and Role of Mr. Shawn Bradley. He´s not supposed to be an offensive threat, and compared to his playing time his rebounding isnt that bad at all (He´s ranked about the top10-defensive rebounders per 48 minutes in the league).

And those position info (Zhi-Zhi Center, etc.) is a little misleading, maybe it´s better if you use those espn or nba.com categories (Guard, Forward, Center or some combination Center/Forward or Guard/Forward, Forward/Guard and so on)

BTW- site looks nice.

J

Old 07-27-2001, 01:45 PM   #3
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Shaq in germany ...

Like so many of those american sportsmen, Shaq has grown up in Germany, and he´s on a visit of his old home here at the moment.

He´s doing the usual candy-talking ("anybody who claims dirk is not a fantastic player will get my fist in his face&quot, but for some reason I think Shaq´s relationship and feelings towards the whole Dallas Franchise are much more friendly we all think ...

Too bad he´s locked up there in LA ...

Dont like him too much, but having that guy down here would almost grant a title with all the talent around we have at the moment ...

j
Old 07-28-2001, 04:41 AM   #4
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry man, I just wrote something about the guys out of my head and the stats of the last season.
Old 07-28-2001, 06:02 AM   #5
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NotEnuffEyesToSee is on a distinguished road

Shaq had really grown up in Germany ? I didn't know that ...
Too many lives to lead Not enough time
It's too late
NotEnuffEyesToSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2001, 06:06 AM   #6
NotEnuffEyesToSee

"ferrariroten Perücke", I know that wig, did Dirk really wear that thing ?
It must be hilarious ... anyway is Dirk a fan of Schuhmacher ?
It's too late
Old 07-28-2001, 06:06 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Me neither, i still hate him.
Old 07-28-2001, 06:08 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Yes NEETS, he really wore that, I read, but I couldn't find a pic anywhere, that sucks, and the game wasn't hown on tv neither.
Old 07-28-2001, 06:09 AM   #9
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

Maybe he didnt completely grew up here, but, yeah, he was here at the age of 4 or something for quite some time (soldier´s son). Ramstein, where that major flight-show crash occured in 1992 (?) was one of his stations, maybe you know the german band RAMMSTEIN, they made a song about that accident featured on the movie Lost Highway.

Well, anyways, ...
Old 07-28-2001, 06:12 AM   #10
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

I am quite sure we´ll get a shot tonight on DAS [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
anyone with a video card around?

you may find it at zdfmsnbc.com sometime, maybe mavs.exit.de and me might do some research about it - we may do the translation work aswell.

now you have scouts in germany those things wont pass on you anymore - just like the european championships coming soon ...

j
Old 07-28-2001, 06:33 AM   #11
NotEnuffEyesToSee

Of course, I know Rammstein, they're quite popular these days ...
but one of my fav band is Scorpions and I like Modern Talking ...
It's too late
Old 07-28-2001, 09:05 AM   #12
Platinum Member

Yeah I hope it's gonna be on the Sportstudio.
I'm looking for more infos about that on the web...
Old 07-28-2001, 03:33 PM   #13
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

mavs.exit --- did you read that too?
there´s someone outside germany who likes MODERN TALKING - AHHHH
it´s spreading!!!!
lol
j
Old 07-29-2001, 12:48 AM   #14
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Well Seelenjäger I think Modern Talking is pretty big in Asia.
Hahaha, they like german trash [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2001, 12:50 AM   #15
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Also did you see Dirk in the Sportstudio?
I taped it but the recording stopped just when Shaq and Dirk came down the steps...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2001, 01:09 AM   #16
NotEnuffEyesToSee

I'm sure Modern Talking WAS once huge in Korea ...
"but the recording stopped just when Shaq and Dirk came down the steps", that's too bad ...
It's too late
Old 07-29-2001, 05:07 AM   #17
Platinum Member

I guess I watched it three times yesterday!
Modern Talking forever, I simply say:"We can win the race" They're so stupid, those two gay guys with the ladies voices and the fake guitares!
Old 07-29-2001, 06:07 AM   #18
NotEnuffEyesToSee

They're Gay, oh, Sh*t !!!
It's too late
Old 07-29-2001, 06:30 AM   #19
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

at least one of them isnt gay, but stupid as ... well, change of topic.

Shaq and Dirk on ASS wasnt anything worth taping. It was the usual "look how big they are, look how famous they are" thing, shaq offered his "Dirk´s the best european player and one of the best in the league" anthem, and the only thing worth talking about is the following:

Poschi (TV-guy): "Well Dirk, you earn about 4 million a year (deutsche Mark, 1$ is about 2.20 DM at the moment) while Shaq earns about 20 million $ a year ..."

Dirk: "Yeah, but I dont care about money too much, I´d say lets see how my game improves next season, what we can achieve with Dallas, that´s all that matters now, and then you can think about money ..."

It sounded a little like he wasnt ready to sign the extension right away, but maybe it simple isnt on the table until he comes back to the US.

Dirk sounded very optimistic about the oncoming European Championships in Turkey in early August, though he didnt mention Shawn. Talks bout the EC were pretty short, though.

Since there is a Formula I GP (Hockenheim) in Germany at the moment and on 13th of August the European Challenge (T´Wolves against Raptors) will be here, Shaq´s pretty much everywhere on the Media at the moment, he´s looking at all those Formula I thing, and there was a pretty nice scene where he simple lifted German Formula I driver Nick Heidfeld on his shoulders as if he wouldnt have any weight. Shaq makes a pretty sympathic performance over here (*sigh*).

News that may interest you yellow-press wise: Dirk is STILL with his GF for about 4 years now, so no Geri-Halliwell stuff ... his new teeth looked good, and he made a pretty relaxed impression.

J
Old 07-29-2001, 02:47 PM   #20
Fidel
Diamond Member

Thanks Seelenjeager,
oviously I didn´t miss much.
Old 07-30-2001, 09:20 AM   #21
NotEnuffEyesToSee

"Dirk is STILL with his GF for about 4 years now."
I like this, Nowitzki is loyal to his country, his team
and faithful to his highschool sweetheart ... HE IS GOOD ...
It's too late
Old 07-30-2001, 09:26 AM   #22
NotEnuffEyesToSee

anyway, did you guys see his GF ? What does she look like ?
Is she pretty ? Is she TALL ? I'm really curious, all I know is her name is
Sybille or something like that ...
It's too late
Old 07-31-2001, 12:46 PM   #23
Platinum Member

I really would like to see her, too.