Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 08:27 PM   #41
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by creditXpert2003
Dirk is the Most Valuable Player, but Josh is the most important. Josh is needed for EVERYTHING on the court, especially to spark the defense. Where did you get ruining the salary cap from Howard? The Mavs are under the cap from 2007 forward. Take a look at this. Who is the Mavs MVP in 2009-2010 with this current roster? Howard! Howard should get 8-10 million a year with this new contract, but there are alot of restrictions in place right now for an increase from his current contract for an early extension. It is alot more complicated than you think. I can name about 6 things working against this deal for now. These obstacles have been in place for all extensions for contracts.
You sir are an effing moron.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2006, 08:38 PM   #42
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dirk is the Most Valuable Player, but Josh is the most important. Josh is needed for EVERYTHING on the court, especially to spark the defense. Where did you get ruining the salary cap from Howard? The Mavs are under the cap from 2007 forward. Take a look at this. Who is the Mavs MVP in 2009-2010 with this current roster? Howard! Howard should get 8-10 million a year with this new contract, but there are alot of restrictions in place right now for an increase from his current contract for an early extension. It is alot more complicated than you think. I can name about 6 things working against this deal for now. These obstacles have been in place for all extensions for contracts.
wow....When he can go out there and get 26+, 9 rebounds each and every game, while being double-teamed everytime he touches the ball, come back and we'll talk until then you are full of shtick.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 10-09-2006 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #43
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Oh, I agree that Devin, JET, Diop - EVERYBODY (even KVH 1 or 2 times!) - helped get us to the Finals last season... I just wouldn't write Josh off until after we see what he's capable of this season... I think Cuban is gambling on a great contract season from JHo & will pay him well IF Howard proves he's worth the money... This tactic has been used several times to push potentially great players to the next level [the carrot/donkey method...]

I think Credit2k3 puts the IMPORTANCE of Josh so high because he is the other man in the Dirk/playerX duo... How would we have handled Wade if there was no Shaq to double team? How hard would it be to shut Duncan down without Parker adding a threat? How do you stop a healthy Stoudmire/Nash combo? I could go on, but I'm sure you get my point - Dirk needs a sidekick who is capable of pulling a double team to open him & his team up for big plays [this is why LeBron & Kobe can't get it done by themselves...]

Josh hasn't stepped up to that role yet, but this season would be an opportune time to rise to the challenge... Let's see if he can be a superstar - THAT'S worth more than 10mil!
Only reason I had a beef with what he was saying because he was seriously rating Josh above Dirk in importance. People who say dumb things annoy me. (him not you)
Old 10-09-2006, 09:03 PM   #44
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, I agree that Devin, JET, Diop - EVERYBODY (even KVH 1 or 2 times!) - helped get us to the Finals last season... I just wouldn't write Josh off until after we see what he's capable of this season... I think Cuban is gambling on a great contract season from JHo & will pay him well IF Howard proves he's worth the money... This tactic has been used several times to push potentially great players to the next level [the carrot/donkey method...]

I think Credit2k3 puts the IMPORTANCE of Josh so high because he is the other man in the Dirk/playerX duo... How would we have handled Wade if there was no Shaq to double team? How hard would it be to shut Duncan down without Parker adding a threat? How do you stop a healthy Stoudmire/Nash combo? I could go on, but I'm sure you get my point - Dirk needs a sidekick who is capable of pulling a double team to open him & his team up for big plays [this is why LeBron & Kobe can't get it done by themselves...]

Josh hasn't stepped up to that role yet, but this season would be an opportune time to rise to the challenge... Let's see if he can be a superstar - THAT'S worth more than 10mil!
You do realize josh isnt even close to any of those players right? I understand you are saying lets see if he can get there but i would put about .01% chance of that happening.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:18 PM   #45
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:

Lebron and Kobe to get it done pretty well by themselves, and Josh never draws a double team to open up Dirk, it's the other way around.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 10-09-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #46
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
You sir are an effing moron.
Lol, I think this is my favorite post of the month

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 10-09-2006, 09:44 PM   #47
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow. These new Yahoo board guys are sure bringing "IT".

Unfortunately for the most part they have insisted on placing a "SH" right in front of IT.

Time to brush off this little gem....in honor of credit.

Last edited by Drbio; 10-09-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:58 PM   #48
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the yahoo guys would be happy if we benched Dirk for Austin. I mean we could really use Dirks lock down defense coming off the bench right?

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 10-09-2006 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:59 PM   #49
creditXpert2003
Banned

creditXpert2003 is infamous around these partscreditXpert2003 is infamous around these parts

Quote:

You got my point exactly. Also importance is also defensive as well. Howard is the most important piece to our defense as well. When you combine this with his offense, to me he becomes the most important piece. Howard is the guy who guards Ginobili, Tayshaun, T-Mac type of players which is the most important role in our defensive scheme.

He is also our best rebounder in traffic, and best slasher as well as plays dont have to be run for him as well. MVP and MIP have different roles on a team. Yes, everything starts with Dirk, but the most important piece for the Mavs is Howard for defense as well as for offense. If Howard did not get that serious hand injury in the Suns series, the Mavs would have won their first title. Most people dont know about this injury.

Howard was a non-factor in the Finals because of his hand injury. Right after the Finals he wore a cast for the rest of the summer. He is just now getting back to normal in these last couple of weeks. When we lost his offense in the finals, we had no chance, because we were left to hit from the outside. Howard is the slasher that would have made that difference like usual.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #50
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
You got my point exactly. Also importance is also defensive as well. Howard is the most important piece to our defense as well. When you combine this with his offense, to me he becomes the most important piece. Howard is the guy who guards Ginobili, Tayshaun, T-Mac type of players which is the most important role in our defensive scheme.

He is also our best rebounder in traffic, and best slasher as well as plays dont have to be run for him as well. MVP and MIP have different roles on a team. Yes, everything starts with Dirk, but the most important piece for the Mavs is Howard for defense as well as for offense. If Howard did not get that serious hand injury in the Suns series, the Mavs would have won their first title. Most people dont know about this injury.

Howard was a non-factor in the Finals because of his hand injury. Right after the Finals he wore a cast for the rest of the summer. He is just now getting back to normal in these last couple of weeks. When we lost his offense in the finals, we had no chance, because we were left to hit from the outside. Howard is the slasher that would have made that difference like usual.
You continue your effing moronicness. Dirk is A MUCH better traffic rebounder and Josh doesnt guard the best offensive player on the other team moron. Griffin Did and buck will. I love josh but Josh isnt a top 40 player in the NBA so if you think he is more important than Dirk (a top 5 player in the nba) you need to just lay off the crack just a little.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:11 PM   #51
creditXpert2003
Banned

creditXpert2003 is infamous around these partscreditXpert2003 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Maybe the yahoo guys would be happy if we benched Dirk for Austin. I mean we could really use Dirks lock down defense coming off the bench right?
You guys insults on basketball terminology that I am using lets me know who actually played basketball on a professional level and who played intramurals in college. Sorry to use that terminology with you all. Clearly you dont understand MVP and M I(Important) Player in the world of professional sports. Anytime you take my post and say that I call Howard the MVP over Dirk lets me know you are just a fan of the Mavs.

Does anyone here know the complexity of the NBA from a player or organization standpoint? Please just let me know, I thought there was basketball knowledge here, a couple that posted back to me today clearly dont know basketball 501 talk. Basketball 101 is about who is MVP of the team which is clearly Dirk.

Lets move up to Basketball 501. The Shaq/Kobe Lakers team was Kobe the MVP and Shaq the MIP. The Heat last year was Wade MVP and Shaq MIP. The Spurs last title team was Ginobili MVP, Duncan MIP. For some teams the reason they have not won is because they only have a MVP. Cavs have Lebron MVP, but no MIP. Suns last year had Nash MVP, but no MIP.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #52
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be interested to know what kind of numbers JHO is thinking he's worth. Since he's restricted next year anyway, I see no real reason to worry about it unless he pulls a Joe Johnson on us and asks Cuban to not match whatever offer he gets - and that seems highly unlikely.

I would just like to know his thinking on this. I somewhat feel for the guy since he's made so little money up to this point, but that's the way it works.

Maybe we'll know more later, but I find it hard to believe that Cuban's not offering him a fair deal, or that the restrictions on extensions are keeping him from being offered what he's worth.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 10-09-2006, 10:16 PM   #53
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
You guys insults on basketball terminology that I am using lets me know who actually played basketball on a professional level and who played intramurals in college. Sorry to use that terminology with you all. Clearly you dont understand MVP and M I(Important) Player in the world of professional sports. Anytime you take my post and say that I call Howard the MVP over Dirk lets me know you are just a fan of the Mavs.

Does anyone here know the complexity of the NBA from a player or organization standpoint? Please just let me know, I thought there was basketball knowledge here, a couple that posted back to me today clearly dont know basketball 501 talk. Basketball 101 is about who is MVP of the team which is clearly Dirk.

Lets move up to Basketball 501. The Shaq/Kobe Lakers team was Kobe the MVP and Shaq the MIP. The Heat last year was Wade MVP and Shaq MIP. The Spurs last title team was Ginobili MVP, Duncan MIP. For some teams the reason they have not won is because they only have a MVP. Cavs have Lebron MVP, but no MIP. Suns last year had Nash MVP, but no MIP.
Let me explain this to you moron, MIP would mean least replaceable. You take Josh off this team for the entirety of next year and they still win 55+ games. Take dirk off and they win 41 or less. Dirk is the MIP, the MVP and just about any other Most you want to come up with.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #54
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

ignore the new guys.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #55
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
You continue your effing moronicness. Dirk is A MUCH better traffic rebounder and Josh doesnt guard the best offensive player on the other team moron. Griffin Did and buck will. I love josh but Josh isnt a top 40 player in the NBA so if you think he is more important than Dirk (a top 5 player in the nba) you need to just lay off the crack just a little.
Griffin played half a season this past year, what about last year then? Josh has been the defensive stopper for the Mavs for the past 2 years. Griffin filled in the second half of the year and did a wonderful job, which allowed Howard to focus more on scoring and freeing him up to help on offense. Since you are the smart one, please enlighten me on the 10-point breakdown of a player film session? I am clearly talking over your head, so just dont respond because we are not talking about the same thing. And yes, Josh is a Top 40 player in the NBA, and the coaches will show you this year on their ballots. Ask Avery how important Josh is to this team. I dont have to ask, I already know what he said.

Dirk is not a traffic rebounder, he is a weakside rebounder and a very good one. Our most active rebounder is Howard which his jumping ability and quickness off the floor. When Howard is active on the defensive end, the Mavs are at its best overall. Lastly your reference to crack tells me your vocabulary is a little short. Defend yourself with basketball facts not insults..
Old 10-09-2006, 10:21 PM   #56
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can't agree that JJ and Peja are better. When Peja was in his prime he was better, but JJ is not better or at least not alot better than Josh. It seems that you miss the value of Howard.
CBA aside, how many GM's in this league do you think would trade Joe Johnson for Josh Howard straight up?

Anyone?

Anyone?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 10-09-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:23 PM   #57
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Griffin played half a season this past year, what about last year then? Josh has been the defensive stopper for the Mavs for the past 2 years.
2 years ago... hmm was that when Tmac tore us a new one in the first round of the playoffs?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:27 PM   #58
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Defend yourself with basketball facts not insults..
Facts huh? Why don't we pull up Dirks stats from last year, and Jhos stats from last year. Let's crack open the playoff numbers as well, when Dirk was the best player in the LEAGUE going into the finals. Dirk also finished 3rd in mvp voting two years in a row.

This might be the stupidest argument I've seen since I joined here. MVP and M(important)P are the EXACT SAME THING.

If you honestly think that it would be better if Dirk went down with an injury next year than if Josh did then you have more than a few things wrong with you.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:27 PM   #59
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I'll be interested to know what kind of numbers JHO is thinking he's worth. Since he's restricted next year anyway, I see no real reason to worry about it unless he pulls a Joe Johnson on us and asks Cuban to not match whatever offer he gets - and that seems highly unlikely.

I would just like to know his thinking on this. I somewhat feel for the guy since he's made so little money up to this point, but that's the way it works.

Maybe we'll know more later, but I find it hard to believe that Cuban's not offering him a fair deal, or that the restrictions on extensions are keeping him from being offered what he's worth.
You hit it on the head. The restrictions on his extensions that he can sign this month is at a point, where Howard and his agent feels Howard is worth more. This is the problem. Which means the hands are tied for the Mavs and Howard right now, unless Howard says he will accept the highest amount he can extend for right now. This is the problem at hand. These restrictions hinder alot of deals that most fans dont know about. This is when teams/players have to become very creative in the contracts so that they can get around some restrictions. That is why you see so many deals where the signing bonus is so high and the salary is lower. The language of the contract is very important to getting around restrictions.

Sometimes that huge signing bonus will put you close or over the cap just to get a deal done. It is very tricky. You would'nt believe what these contracts look like. The average person could not read a typical professional contract. That is why you have to have an agent. A good one as well, or you can be screwed by the language of the contract. Sometimes when you see players fire agents real quick, is because language in the contract comes to light that is not in the best interest of the player..
Old 10-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #60
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Griffin played half a season this past year, what about last year then? Josh has been the defensive stopper for the Mavs for the past 2 years. Griffin filled in the second half of the year and did a wonderful job, which allowed Howard to focus more on scoring and freeing him up to help on offense. Since you are the smart one, please enlighten me on the 10-point breakdown of a player film session? I am clearly talking over your head, so just dont respond because we are not talking about the same thing. And yes, Josh is a Top 40 player in the NBA, and the coaches will show you this year on their ballots. Ask Avery how important Josh is to this team. I dont have to ask, I already know what he said.

Dirk is not a traffic rebounder, he is a weakside rebounder and a very good one. Our most active rebounder is Howard which his jumping ability and quickness off the floor. When Howard is active on the defensive end, the Mavs are at its best overall. Lastly your reference to crack tells me your vocabulary is a little short. Defend yourself with basketball facts not insults..
I will defend myself with the knowledge that Josh missed 25 games last year too. Or did you fail to notice that while you were masturbating to josh howard in your ten point film analysis? Josh isnt that great defensively dude, he isnt a negative but hes not a stopper and there is NOTHING to even remotely suggest that he is. dont believe me? Look at the mavs numbers with him on and off the court defensively.

As for rebounds, You havent watched enough film if you really think he isnt a traffic rebounder. He essentially lead the nba in rebounding for the playoffs but he is just a weakside rebounder? Got any other preconceived notions with no basis in reality?

Last edited by Five-ofan; 10-09-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:32 PM   #61
fluid.forty.one

Let me just restate this.

This guy thinks Josh Freakin' Howard is more important to this team than Dirk.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:35 PM   #62
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
Facts huh? Why don't we pull up Dirks stats from last year, and Jhos stats from last year. Let's crack open the playoff numbers as well, when Dirk was the best player in the LEAGUE going into the finals. Dirk also finished 3rd in mvp voting two years in a row.

This might be the stupidest argument I've seen since I joined here. MVP and M(important)P are the EXACT SAME THING.

If you honestly think that it would be better if Dirk went down with an injury next year than if Josh did then you have more than a few things wrong with you.
Once again, you talk MVP stuff. Listen closely!!!! Dirk is the MVP...Why are you even talking to me about MVP stuff and numbers? WHY????? Talk basketball 501 with me. If you are wanting to talk MVP stuff, talk to me about who is the better MVP..Dirk/Nash/Kobe/Lebron/Wade...That is MVP talk..Have you heard the basketball terminology "Basketball 501"?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:35 PM   #63
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

let me restate this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
ignore the new guys.
just kidding of course, I love each and every one of you new guys...please feel free to post as often as possible...

can anyone teach me how to use the "ignore" function?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-09-2006, 10:36 PM   #64
Five-ofan
Guru

Hey guys you remember in the zito thread when i said I just popped off about zito not being an ace but looked it up and i was wrong? Well my guess is he did the same thing but doesnt want to admit he was wrong so he just keeps going. This would be why I flip flopped so fast on that issue, i didnt want to look like a moron like he does.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:37 PM   #65
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Once again, you talk MVP stuff. Listen closely!!!! Dirk is the MVP...Why are you even talking to me about MVP stuff and numbers? WHY????? Talk basketball 501 with me. If you are wanting to talk MVP stuff, talk to me about who is the better MVP..Dirk/Nash/Kobe/Lebron/Wade...That is MVP talk..Have you heard the basketball terminology "Basketball 501"?
So you're saying that Dirk is an MVP of the league quality guy, but Josh Howard is more important to this team?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:38 PM   #66
fluid.forty.one

Guys Smush Parker is the lakers most important player.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 10-09-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:39 PM   #67
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
Hey guys you remember in the zito thread when i said I just popped off about zito not being an ace but looked it up and i was wrong? Well my guess is he did the same thing but doesnt want to admit he was wrong so he just keeps going. This would be why I flip flopped so fast on that issue, i didnt want to look like a moron like he does.
just wanted to quote this post on the chance that it might add any more shame to 5-0

Old 10-09-2006, 10:39 PM   #68
mary
Troll Hunter

Dirk is most definitely a traffic rebounder. And while one might make some paper thin disctinction between a MVP and MIP, it doesn't at all mean that distinction exists on every team, and it certainly doesn't in this case. There's nothing about JHO's game or skill set that makes him the most important player on the team, and his defense is overrated by alot of Mavs fans.....I blame it on Ortegal.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:41 PM   #69
fluid.forty.one

Hey credit I have a question for you.

How many wins do you think the mavs would win this year without Josh?

and

How many wins do you think mavs would win this year without Dirk?

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 10-09-2006 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:43 PM   #70
sike
The Preacha

I blame you, mary. I blame you.

anyone still commenting on the moronic JHo > Dirk vaule/important discussion needs to get up from their pc and go for a jog or something....seriously...just go clear you mind

Old 10-09-2006, 10:44 PM   #71
fluid.forty.one

aight, gonna put "looking for freedom" on my shuffle and go running.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #72
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
I will defend myself with the knowledge that Josh missed 25 games last year too. Or did you fail to notice that while you were masturbating to josh howard in your ten point film analysis? Josh isnt that great defensively dude, he isnt a negative but hes not a stopper and there is NOTHING to even remotely suggest that he is. dont believe me? Look at the mavs numbers with him on and off the court defensively.

As for rebounds, You havent watched enough film if you really think he isnt a traffic rebounder. He essentially lead the nba in rebounding for the playoffs but he is just a weakside rebounder? Got any other preconceived notions with no basis in reality?
Are you just gay? Enough of the gay remarks. Be a man and play a man's role in this discussion, keep your personal preference to yourself...

If you get a chance to brush up on NBA basketball advance talk start by visiting some websites that will give you some insight on what ALL nba teams use to see the value of each player on each play in each game in each minute on the floor. Visit http://www.82games.com/0506/0506DAL.HTM and tell me what you think about that info.

Once you visit around a bit, then come back to talk that kind of language with basketball 501. If you are here to just judge the normal stats that fans/media read into each day, then you will not understand most of my talk and it will continue to sound like I dont know basketball.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #73
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Are you just gay? Enough of the gay remarks. Be a man and play a man's role in this discussion, keep your personal preference to yourself...

If you get a chance to brush up on NBA basketball advance talk start by visiting some websites that will give you some insight on what ALL nba teams use to see the value of each player on each play in each game in each minute on the floor. Visit http://www.82games.com/0506/0506DAL.HTM and tell me what you think about that info.

Once you visit around a bit, then come back to talk that kind of language with basketball 501. If you are here to just judge the normal stats that fans/media read into each day, then you will not understand most of my talk and it will continue to sound like I dont know basketball.
If I remember correctly...Dirk had the highest +/- of any major player in the league last season...

Old 10-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #74
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
aight, gonna put "looking for freedom" on my shuffle and go running.
I was going to give you a comment in rep, but I hit the enter button by accident. This keyboard thing is complicated. (BTW, I hope I didn't accidentally neg you)

Anyway, damn you for bringing up Hassellhoff! I'd finally managed to block that one out of my mind.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #75
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:

You realize that the numbers i was qouting about Josh defensively come from that site? Way to keep emphazing the moron. Seriously, why dont YOU look at those numbers, specifically click on Josh, and then look at the teams defensive pp100 with him on vs off. You might be a little suprised, you will probably spin it to say hes not the best defender but hes the least replaceable one or some bs like that.

As for the come like a man stuff, this is a message board. You cant "come like a man". Whats next, you want to "rumble" We will never meet so there is no point in bringing that kind of crap. The most serious confrontation we can get in is some trash talking which really isnt a big deal.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 10-09-2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #76
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Are you just gay? Enough of the gay remarks.
LOL this pretty much sums up your logic. Most excellent.

Can we ban idiots before the season starts? I don't want this crap mucking up the GDTs.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:51 PM   #77
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I was going to give you a comment in rep, but I hit the enter button by accident. This keyboard thing is complicated. (BTW, I hope I didn't accidentally neg you)

Anyway, damn you for bringing up Hassellhoff! I'd finally managed to block that one out of my mind.
haha it came out as positive

I've played about 8 games in Live 07 so far, and the announcers have brought it up every game when Dirk takes his first free throw. It's very annoying.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:53 PM   #78
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:

Exactly what on that page leads you to believe josh is more important than dirk? If anything that page says Josh is the 3rd most important mav. Gotta love a guy posting a link that completely goes against his entire argument, but then again that could be part of basketball 501.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:53 PM   #79
creditXpert2003
Banned

Quote:
Hey credit I have a question for you.

How many wins do you think the mavs would win this year without Josh?

and

How many wins do you think mavs would win this year without Dirk?
More MVP talk...Think about this for a second, and maybe you can understand. It is very clear that my logic on MIP is different than yours a some others here, but you all are arguing with me on my logic on MIP...It does not add it, because we are not talking about the same thing.

Here is your MVP talk for you...

How many games would the Mavs win w/o Dirk?
How many games would the Suns win w/o Nash?
How many games would the Lakers win w/o Kobe?
How many games would the Cavs win w/o Lebron?
How many games would the Heat win w/o Wade?

Here is a clue, the team you pick with the least amount of wins is the MVP, and the player with the second lowest is the runner-up.....Agree or not agree?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:55 PM   #80
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
More MVP talk...Think about this for a second, and maybe you can understand. It is very clear that my logic on MIP is different than yours a some others here, but you all are arguing with me on my logic on MIP...It does not add it, because we are not talking about the same thing.

Here is your MVP talk for you...

How many games would the Mavs win w/o Dirk?
How many games would the Suns win w/o Nash?
How many games would the Lakers win w/o Kobe?
How many games would the Cavs win w/o Lebron?
How many games would the Heat win w/o Wade?

Here is a clue, the team you pick with the least amount of wins is the MVP, and the player with the second lowest is the runner-up.....Agree or not agree?
so come up with a clear definition for what you think most important is. Then explain to me why you think the 82 games.com stats even remotely support it.
Closed Thread

Tags
classic threads, creditxpert2003