Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-14-2009, 11:41 PM   #41
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
I didn't realize asking a question was "derailing a thread." Especially when I even answered Hitman's original question in my post.

I guess we as posters should never ask another poster a question inside a thread. It might derail the thread!
Or, you could just not post..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2009, 11:42 PM   #42
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Well, there is the option of blowing off those posts, and carrying on the with the discussion.
Yes, but we are trying to discuss something that has a negative impact on this forum. So, to just let it go would be to the detriment of this forum.

Last edited by Murphy3; 12-14-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:48 PM   #43
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Or, you could just not post..
Um, pot?

Meet Kettle.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #44
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Well, Dirk is now below 27 ppg @ 26.6. I have always wanted him to take his scoring up a notch in the regular season. Of course, it doesn't matter but Bird and Malone and Barkley all put up over 27 ppg several times and I would like to see Dirk do it.

Anyway-

I haven't been here in a few days and I just read the replies.

Flacolaco and Bayliss-

I started a thread about a statistical accomplishment that Dirk had never met before and whether fellow Maverick fans thought he could accomplish it. And then instead of posting yes or no and reasons for thinking it, you immediately start complaining about the validity of the thread.

If you don't like the thread, why did you click on it? I mean, couldn't you have predicted that a thread entitled "27 points per game?" would be about Dirk and averaging over 27 points per game. AND if you didn't catch that why would you take the time to post in it?

Are you complaining about the fact that threads like "16-7: Seriously, no recap?" and "GDT: Dallas Mavericks @ Miami Heat - 12/11/09, 6:30pm CST" mightl be bumped to the second page? Is that a problem for you?

It boggles my mind.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:07 PM   #45
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

And for the record, any thread entitled "Random Dirk is Great thread" is one I personally don't read or participate in.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #46
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you don't like the thread, why did you click on it? I mean, couldn't you have predicted that a thread entitled "27 points per game?" would be about Dirk and averaging over 27 points per game. AND if you didn't catch that why would you take the time to post in it?
Then apparently you didn't read my reply the first time. And I never said I didn't like the thread.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:26 AM   #47
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Well, Dirk is now below 27 ppg @ 26.6. I have always wanted him to take his scoring up a notch in the regular season. Of course, it doesn't matter but Bird and Malone and Barkley all put up over 27 ppg several times and I would like to see Dirk do it.

Anyway-

I haven't been here in a few days and I just read the replies.

Flacolaco and Bayliss-

I started a thread about a statistical accomplishment that Dirk had never met before and whether fellow Maverick fans thought he could accomplish it. And then instead of posting yes or no and reasons for thinking it, you immediately start complaining about the validity of the thread.

Are you complaining about the fact that threads like "16-7: Seriously, no recap?" and "GDT: Dallas Mavericks @ Miami Heat - 12/11/09, 6:30pm CST" mightl be bumped to the second page? Is that a problem for you?

It boggles my mind.
I don't think all that many Mavs fans care one way or another if Dirk averages 26 points a game or 30 or 50 or whatever number as long as he is contributing more than enough to ensure wins. I'm not sure why he would want to drive up his scoring unless it was absolutely necessary. As long as other players are healthy and able to score effectively, there is no need.
I don't want him trying to reach some sort of empty stat if it requires him to ball hog excessively at the detriment of the team or play major minutes just because Malone, Bird, and Barkley reached that magical number.
Why isn't 26 points good enough for you?
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:08 AM   #48
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Maybe this has been here for months and I am the last one to notice, but... WHO is coming up with those kind of tags and is smart enough to use a keyboard...

Tags
diarrhea in your mouth, epic thread diarrhea, general mavs discussion?, got a bit fluffy in here, join date overrated, look at me im important, move thread to lounge, tag diarrhea, tag wasting, thread diarrhea

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #49
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

I'm a Mavs fan.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:55 AM   #50
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

He's scoring a lot this year (now at 26.9) and I think it'd be neat if he did it. He could do it this year, but I don't know that it'd be the best thing for the team. It's definitely indicative of the killer-ness with which he's playing, and it's gotta be high if they are going to go deep in the playoffs. But if he's not scoring all game long right now, they look like they are just scrapping for a win. I'd rather see another player getting to the line a lot and scoring over 20, which might take some of his scoring load. From a purely box-score geek's perspective, I'd rather see him finish a season with double digit rebounds or with 4 assists.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #51
Murphy3
Guru

His average will primarily be based upon need. It would be nice for him not to have to exert his offensive will to the maximum every game. We've seen a time or two where he could actually have an off game and the Mavs could fight through it. As the season goes along, there should be more of those against lesser opponents.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:48 PM   #52
Bayliss

Told ya this was a jinx type thread.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:49 PM   #53
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

totally a jinx
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:21 PM   #54
Bayliss

The way Dirk is playing he probably won't even average 25+ points a night.

Tags
diarrhea in your mouth, diarrhea tag for twelli, epic thread diarrhea, general mavs discussion?, got a bit fluffy in here, join date overrated, look at me im important, moddingmypantsoff, move thread to lounge, tag diarrhea, thread diarrhea