Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default Today's Rumors 4th(Not much today)

New Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace has traveled to Argentina to woo Nocioni, whose intense style would fill voids on the court and the team's salary-cap room off it...

Could Bulls forward Andres Nocioni be on his way to Memphis in a trade for Pau Gasol? A league source suggested any talks between the Bulls and Grizzlies are in the preliminary stages. But Memphis general manager Chris Wallace flew to Argentina in recent days to meet with Nocioni, sources confirmed...

Grizzlies among the teams seriously interested in Bulls forward Andres Nocioni. A source close to Nocioni confirmed Tuesday that Chris Wallace, who recently was appointed the Grizzlies' general manager, has traveled to Argentina to meet with the restricted free agent... That might reopen trade talks between the teams about the possibility of the Bulls dealing for forward Pau Gasol...

(((Comment on the Bulls from me, if they get Gasol, this team would be huge and their bench could beat alot of nba teams but it would take alot of their good guys to probably get Gasol. If i was the Bulls, i would try to get Gasol. Listen to the size of some of these guys. Noah 6'11, Gray 7'0"(i wondered if we shouldn't have gotten him), PJ Brown 6'11", Martynas 7'2", Ben Wallace 6'9", Tyrus Thomas 6'9")))))))))

Charlotte Bobcats shooting guard Matt Carroll told the Charlotte Observer early this morning he’s agreed to a long-term deal to stay with his current team...
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2007, 04:45 PM   #2
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

I think if the Grizzlies GM is visiting Nocioni it probably means they want to sign him outright, not trade Gasol for him. I think they have enough cap room to offer him around 7 or 8 million.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #3
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Stranger i was thinking the same thing. I believe on alot of the rumors from day to day they blow it up big. I know the Bulls have wanted Gasol, which most all teams would but Mem would have to get really good for him. I think Nocioni would be e good fit playing with Gasol.

Noci knows in Chicago they will bring him off the bench and a place like Mem he could start and put up big numbers. I agree with you, on them wanting to sign him straight up. He is a tough player and i feel would help Gasol.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #4
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

The possible trade scenario discussed on PTI was Noah, Duhan and Nochioni for Pau Gasol. If I were Chicago I would be all over this in a second. Memphis would be retarded for doing this deal.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Chicago has a log jam of really good young players and they are in position to go after a big name like Gasol. It is interesting to see what Mem and MN does with their two big players. MN seems to be going young and build like Portland and Portland shot up fast and alot of it was their high draft pick but they did good.

Mem was pretty good but they went to pot after they traded Williams, Posey, others and then the point Damon Stoud was hurt. It looked like they was going young and to build again and maybe they are and they probably want to with Gasol but Gasol doesn't want to wait. I feel Garnett will leave if a team can afford him but i am keeping eyes on Gasol as he will probably start up again wanting out.

Thanks on that possible trade and i am like you, i would do that fast if i was the Bulls. I think Noah will be pretty good but we all know how good Gasol is. Chicago is doing all they can to keep all those young good guards they have and Deng and not break them up, then get that missing piece, big guy that can score down low. The snag has been, teams want their good young guards and i do not blame teams. Noah helps them and even that draft pick last year t ease the pain with a big trade. Noci would also if they could do a sign and trade with him involved as well but Noci is a good player. They might miss him.