peruna11 is on a distinguished road
Default Carroll agrees to resign with the Bobcats

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
peruna11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

no room for gerald.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #3
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

...but unfortunately not much room for Terry either.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

6 years? What are the cats thinking? If you sign him for 3 you get full bird rights as well as a lot of flexibility in case of injury or just flopitude.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:18 PM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon Gerald!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #6
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Richardson an almost good player for a young athletic three, four like Brendan Wright? Yeah good trade not really. The bobcats need young athletic big men, not overrated two guards like Richardson. MJ was a great player, but his GM moves are horrid.

Richard Hamilton for Jerry Stackhouse horrible trade. Essentially Eddy Curry, and Tyson Chandler for the number one overall pick Kwame Brown. A great PR move by the bobcats to hire Jordan, but a horrible idea to give him the keys to personel decisions.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:10 AM   #7
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully he'll make another and let go of an athletic swingman (Gerald Wallace) for an overpaid and undersized shooting guard (Jason Terry) =]

Contact Me
Old 07-05-2007, 03:56 AM   #8
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
hopefully he'll make another and let go of an athletic swingman (Gerald Wallace) for an overpaid and undersized shooting guard (Jason Terry) =]
"I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Hopefully he'll fail again!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:30 AM   #9
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Come on Gerald!

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #10
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Not too encouraging of an article:

Bobcats: What About Wallace?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Tommy Beer
for HOOPSWORLD.com
Jul 4, 2007, 22:20

The Charlotte Observer is reporting that Matt Carroll and the Bobcats have agreed in principal on a six-year contract that will pay the shooting guard approximately $27 million dollars over the length of the deal. (The signing can not be officially announced until July 11th, when the NBA's free agent moratorium is lifted.)

Carroll, who was undrafted out of Notre Dame and was originally signed by Charlotte out of the D-League, has developed into the team's top long-range threat and one of the league's preeminent marksmen. Last season Carroll averaged a career-high 12.1 points in 26 minutes of action. Carroll greatest asset was his accuracy; he shot 43.3% from the field, 41.6% from three-point land, and tied for the second-highest free-throw percentage in the league at 91.4%.

However, when the Bobcats pulled off the draft-day deal which sent Brandan Wright to Golden State in exchange for Jason Richardson, Carroll thought his days in Charlotte might be numbered. "I can't describe how happy I am. After the Jason Richardson (trade) I didn't think it would work out like this. I thought I might have to go somewhere else," Carroll told the Observer on Wednesday.

But according to the Observer, Bobcats managing partner Michael Jordan felt it necessary to keep Carroll on board even though they had recently obtained Richardson. "The (Carroll-Bobcats) marriage is really, really good,'' said Bernie Bickerstaff, now the team's executive vice president. "Retaining quality players who want to be here is one of our priorities.'' Bickerstaff said Jordan quickly came to the same conclusion as the coaching staff; that Carroll's total package -- on and off the court -- made him a fine long-term investment. "It's his overall value, not just his skills," Bickerstaff said. "He's a good citizen, he's patient and he never gripes. He's a guy who looks you in the eye and asks what he can do to get better.

At the end of the of the 2005-2006 season, the shooting guard and small forward positions were a big question mark in Charlotte. In just over a year, the Bobcats have added Jason Richardson, Adam Morrison, Andrew Hermann, and 2007 first-round pick Jared Dudley; all the while watching Carroll develop into a player worth $27 million and Gerald Wallace stay healthy long enough to prove that he is special NBA talent.

And there's the rub...

Wallace played so well last season (to the tune of 18.1 points on 50.2% shooting, 7.2 rebounds, 2 steals and a block), that he is fielding big-money offers from numerous teams now that he is a unrestricted free-agent. With the acquisition of Richardson (owed roughly $41 million over the next four seasons) and the imminent signing of Carroll, is there enough cash left in the coffers to pay Wallace, who will surely fetch serious money on the open market. Moreover, the Bobcats need to set aside max-money to extend Emeka Okafor's contract once his rookie deal expires. And throw in the fact that they have added depth at the position - most NBA analysts assumed that all these factors would conspire in Wallace ending up in a city other than Charlotte next season. Especially when you consider Charlotte's finical history - the Bobcats had the lowest team payroll in the league last season. Wallace was their highest paid player at 5.5 million. Are they now prepared to pay two players over 10 million a pop?

But according to published reports, Bickerstaff and Wallace's agent, Rob Pelinka, have been in talks since the weekend trying to hammer out a deal. In fact, head coach Sam Vincent is quite optimistic, "I feel great about Gerald,'' Vincent said. "I shouldn't say I'm expecting it to happen soon, I'm hoping it happens soon. But I feel good about it.''

If the Bobcats are able to figure out a way to keep Wallace in a Bobcat uniform, in combination with all their other moves this summer, the expectations in Charlotte will reach a new level. Talk of the playoffs will not seem that far-fetched. In a watered-down Eastern Conference, a core of Emeka Okafor, Gerald Wallace, Raymond Felton, Jason Richardson, Adam Morrison, and Matt Carroll could make some noise...

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:40 AM   #11
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

That's too bad that he resigned, I bet they wish he would've re-signed.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:15 AM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
That's too bad that he resigned, I bet they wish he would've re-signed.
genius
Old 07-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #13
alby
Guru

are they hammering out a deal for a sign and trade? =p

Contact Me