Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all
Default are any of you surprised that we are losing ALL of the key free agents?

i knew we would lose a few free agents, but ALL OF THEM!!!?

JJ, Chandler, and Butler?
Old 12-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Somewhat. But I have no problem with managements decisions.

If we add even Dalembert then I like our chances.

Last edited by OneLove22; 12-10-2011 at 11:01 PM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Jj and butler were expendable.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #4
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Jj and butler were expendable.
think so? you are certainly (most likely anyway) more knowledgable on the subject than i am, i just cant remember a pg we have had that was so good going to the basket.

i loved how he would dart into the paint, the trees collapse into the lane, then instead of losing his dribble he got pretty good at retreating only to dart right back in and finish. bynum sure got tired of it.

i really figured that cubes had plans, but i guess i was expecting too much.
(edit: i was expecting at least something, but im starting to worry he is happy with the one we got, and dont get me wrong, so am i, but i wish something was happening)
Old 12-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #5
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

not suprised at all. especially after winning the championship, butler and chandler got overpaid. it happens

Last edited by clutch#41; 12-10-2011 at 11:41 PM.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:46 PM   #6
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all

Wait...................Chandler, Butler, and Barea aren't coming back?
Mavsfan2thedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:50 PM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's not going to happen...but it would be awesome to think it is!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:08 AM   #8
mav4ever

and 10 minutes after i complain about mavs managment, we now have dirk/lamar front court.

would anyone like me to request a particular player? because apparantly i can make it happen
Old 12-11-2011, 01:09 AM   #9
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan2thedeath View Post
Wait...................Chandler, Butler, and Barea aren't coming back?
come on....not even a sympathy laugh?
Old 12-11-2011, 01:15 AM   #10
mav4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan2thedeath View Post
come on....not even a sympathy laugh?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 01:19 AM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

So far we've made it clear that we aren't paying past 2012. We've made generous offers to chandler and jjb but. Both wanted length over value.

Wouldn't trade chandler for odom but we've made due as well as anyone could have hoped without the ridiculous and elusive all-star blockbuster that rarely seems to happen for this team or any other.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:22 AM   #12
Mavsfan2thedeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav4ever View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
lol i feel so much better now

in regards to LO, I LOVE this move. That is one DYNAMIC front court. and we've actually sort of made ourselves bigger.....in the starting lineup anyway (assuming Odom starts). Haywood 7'0", Dirk 7'0", Odom 6'11". And I actually think SF is where Odom is most dangerous given his skill set.

We managed to get Lamar Odom for a player who was leaving anyway, all the while not giving up a single other player and giving us even more flexibility at the trade deadline AND next offseason. It also gives us another trade asset.

Pure genius!
Old 12-11-2011, 01:36 AM   #13
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

JJ is good and all that....

But then he has to play defense.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:49 AM   #14
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
not suprised at all. especially after winning the championship, butler and chandler got overpaid. it happens
Downside of winning a ring right before a lockout...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote