Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #121
bao_down1

bao_down1 is on a distinguished road

Some rumors have it thgat the Niggets want to trade Anthony.

I would like to see a move for anthony involving J-Ho.
bao_down1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #122
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

no thanks...same kind of player, similar issues too
Old 06-29-2008, 07:57 PM   #123
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Shaun Livingston! We wanted him on draft day a couple years back but the Clippers selected him. If he can get completely healthy he's going to be a future starting pg somewhere.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #124
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen_one8976
no thanks...same kind of player, similar issues too
Definitely not the same player.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:55 PM   #125
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bao_down1

Ever thing I have heard over the past month is that the Nuggets will not deal Carmelo Anthony this summer at all. .. dont know where you are hearing your info.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:56 PM   #126
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Definitely not the same player.
thats why i said same "kind" of player

melo can score more, but i'd rather have jho than give him up plus some, if it was a straight up trade i would do it...otherwise no thank you, doesnt help that im a kansas fan, lol
Old 06-30-2008, 12:04 AM   #127
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen_one8976
thats why i said same "kind" of player

melo can score more, but i'd rather have jho than give him up plus some, if it was a straight up trade i would do it...otherwise no thank you, doesnt help that im a kansas fan, lol
Definitely not the same kind of player.

Contact Me
Old 06-30-2008, 12:13 AM   #128
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Dallas Mavericks' focus on free agency is mostly within

07:39 PM CDT on Sunday, June 29, 2008

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
esefko@dallasnews.com

At 11:01 p.m. Monday, the NBA's free-agent period will open, and the Mavericks will start courting players who no longer have a job.

As with every free-agent season, the first order of business is their own.

The Mavericks expect to hear today that Eddie Jones is going to exercise his option and be a member of the 2008-09 team. The other choices would be to become a free agent or retire. But at $1.9 million, Jones is a relatively cheap insurance policy and a good outside shooter. He could also be a chip in future trade scenarios.

The Mavericks, who are not allowed to talk about any free agents, including their own, until Monday night, also are believed to have interest in retaining the services of Devean George, J.J. Barea and Antoine Wright.

One or more of those could be used in a sign-and-trade for DeSagana Diop, who is believed to be one of the Mavericks' top targets in free agency. Traded to New Jersey in the Jason Kidd deal, Diop has voiced his desire to be with either the Mavericks or Nets.

There are other names of interest, too. Most of the marquee players will be restricted free agents, meaning that the team that had their rights last season can match any offer. With very few teams owning salary cap space, the most likely way for those players to change teams is via sign-and-trade scenarios. While Josh Smith of Atlanta sounds like a great fit for the Mavericks, nobody expects him to be playing for anybody but the Hawks next season.

Most other top players who have early termination options in their contracts have elected to stick it out for one more year with their teams. Jones falls in this category. That leaves a mediocre class of unrestricted free agents, which might be just as well given that the Mavericks don't have a lot of assets they are willing to part with.

Among the unrestricted free agents, one of the most intriguing names is James Posey, who has become a new-age Robert Horry since he's been on two of the last three championship winners (Miami in 2006, Boston this season).

Horry, the role player who is believed to be coming back for yet another season, has seven championships with three organizations, making him the ultimate partner-chooser in NBA history.

Horry is expected to either stay with San Antonio, where he's helped win two titles, or sign with Houston, where he has a home.

Posey is expected to re-sign with Boston.
THE TOP TALENT

A look at the most attractive NBA free agents this off-season:

CENTER
Name Team Comment
DeSagana Diop New Jersey His value is proof that position is thin
Francisco Elson Seattle Similar to Diop, but he's 32, not 26
Kwame Brown Memphis Hard to believe he was a No. 1 overall

Others of note: Earl Barron, Miami; Michael Doleac, Minnesota; Adonal Foyle, Orlando; Primoz Brezec, Toronto

POWER FORWARD
Name Team Comment
Antawn Jamison Washington Good numbers, high character
Eduardo Najera Denver Mavs would love to snag him
Kurt Thomas San Antonio Nice career is slowly winding down

Others of note: Brian Skinner, Phoenix; Robert Horry, San Antonio

SMALL FORWARD
Name Team Comment
Mickael Pietrus Golden State Hard-nosed player lacks some instincts
Maurice Evans Orlando Solid shooter who's entering prime
Matt Barnes Golden State Solid backup who can hit 3-pointers

Others of note: Jarvis Hayes, Detroit; James Jones, Portland

SHOOTING GUARD
Name Team Comment
James Posey Boston All-around game that coaches love
Bonzi Wells New Orleans Streaky shooter; improving disposition
Ricky Davis Miami Streaky shooter; still-suspect disposition

Others of note: Flip Murray, Indiana; Kareem Rush, Indiana; Gordan Giricek, Phoenix; Michael Finley, San Antonio; Ronald Dupree, Seattle

POINT GUARD
Name Team Comment
Gilbert Arenas Washington Nobody expects him to leave Wizards
Beno Udrih Sacramento Will parlay nice season into big contract
Jason Williams Miami Game has warts, but he's got a ring

Others of note: Sam Cassell, Boston; Earl Boykins, Charlotte; Chris Duhon, Chicago; Anthony Carter, Denver; Juan Dixon, Detroit; Keyon Dooling, Orlando; Jacque Vaughn, San Antonio

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.332a311.html

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:18 AM   #129
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bao_down1

WHOA! Niggets
bgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:26 AM   #130
bgarrett
Banned

bgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the roughbgarrett is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant
The Mavericks, who are not allowed to talk about any free agents, including their own, until Monday night, also are believed to have interest in retaining the services of Devean George, J.J. Barea and Antoine Wright.
[/url]

Man what the hell is going on Devean George? Get real, I don't want him on this damn team if he agreed to play for free.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:33 AM   #131
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
...are believed to have interest in retaining the services of Devean George, J.J. Barea and Antoine Wright..

One or more of those could be used in a sign-and-trade for DeSagana Diop, who is believed to be one of the Mavericks' top targets in free agency.
I'm no math-magician, but I'm pretty sure of one thing:

no MLE > full MLE

Thank you for your services, Deavean George, but your ass is getting shipped to New Jersey anyway!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-30-2008 at 07:36 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #132
bgarrett
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
I'm no math-magician, but I'm pretty sure of one thing:

no MLE > full MLE

Thank you for your services, Deavean George, but your ass is getting shipped to New Jersey anyway!

Math-Magician? Or Mathmatician!

And im in agreeance on the all of it.

More like thank you DGeorge for screwing up that deal for JKidd and being the GIANT MONKEY WRENCH that you are... but feck out!!
Old 06-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #133
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I would be on cloud 9 if we signed and traded DG for Diop.

BTW, the fact that we're interested in Najera concerns me. Is the thinking that either he or Bass can play SF? Because if not, I'm befuddled as to why you would need both on a rosther with Dirk.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:20 AM   #134
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarrett
Math-Magician? Or Mathmatician!
The first one, the one I said...

'Cause numbers is magic!

Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 AM   #135
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
BTW, the fact that we're interested in Najera concerns me. Is the thinking that either he or Bass can play SF? Because if not, I'm befuddled as to why you would need both on a rosther with Dirk.
Terry + Bass for ________

Old 06-30-2008, 10:33 AM   #136
alby
Guru

So, sign n trade George for Diop
Trade JET/Bass for Maggette
Sign Najera (how much of the MLE is he going to ask for)
Sign back up PG?

Kidd - back up PG
Maggette - Wright - R. Terry - Foster
Howard - Najera - Wright - R. Terry - Foster
Dirk - Najera
Diop - Damp

edit*
nevermind, just read the Maggette thread--looks like he wants to go back to Orlando
Not sure how they still have money after signing R. Lewis to that ridiculous contract last year, but good for them.

Nelson/Arroyo
Maggette
Lewis
Hedo
Dwight

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 06-30-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #137
bgarrett
Banned

yeah it's all over the Maggette thread too.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:42 AM   #138
alby
Guru

I was just discussing with nikeball on what should happen this summer, taken into account Jermaine O'Neal and Mike Miller already being traded, and the fact that Maggette wants to go back to Orlando.

He came up with two scenarios that I liked:

Scenario A

1. Trade Howard/Bass for Josh Smith
2. Sign Diop and Pietrus with the MLE. Sign backup PF with Vet's Min.

Kidd/Terry
Terry/Pietrus/Wright
Smith/Pietrus/Wright
Dirk/PF
Damp/Diop

Scenario B

1. Trade Terry/Howard/Bass for Carmelo
2. Sign Diop/Pietrus with MLE. Sign Lue with Vet's Min
Kidd/Lue
Pietrus/Wright
Melo/Wright
Dirk
Damp/Diop

---

Of course, a lot of things have to go our way in order for this to happen; ie, being able to get both Diop/Pietrus with 5.8 million dollars this summer. Fortunately for us, there isn't as much money as there was last summer---so teams may be a little tighter with their spending this year. If true, this may bode well for the Dallas Mavericks. For now, I'm going to take the optimistic route and believe that the Mavericks' braintrust do have something up their sleeves this summer--so, I'm just going to wait for it. July 1st is tomorrow, let the games begin.

Go Mavs.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 06-30-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #139
bgarrett
Banned

Scenario A ....I believe that trade involving Josh Smith is going to need more from Dallas. That would be laughable if proposed on the Atlanta board(For what thats worth). What that kid offers to a team is worth more than Jho and Bass!

Scenario B......IMO it is a little too much to give for Anthony but if everything else could happen in the scenario I think I would do it.

Personally I would rather have Josh Smith than Melo! I'll take the consistent Defense and highflyer to go along with Kidd over the offensive only minded Melo.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #140
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant
Dallas Mavericks' focus on free agency is mostly within

07:39 PM CDT on Sunday, June 29, 2008

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
esefko@dallasnews.com

AUGH!! THE TITLE MAKES ME SPIT ALL OVER HUMANITY!!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #141
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Four and a half hours until the craziness can begin.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:04 PM   #142
chosen_one8976

then another week or so before we can find out what this team will truly look like
Old 06-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #143
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if we've done a really REALLY good job we'll hear about signings this week and then have them inked next week.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:20 PM   #144
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarrett
Scenario A ....I believe that trade involving Josh Smith is going to need more from Dallas. That would be laughable if proposed on the Atlanta board(For what thats worth). What that kid offers to a team is worth more than Jho and Bass!

Scenario B......IMO it is a little too much to give for Anthony but if everything else could happen in the scenario I think I would do it.

Personally I would rather have Josh Smith than Melo! I'll take the consistent Defense and highflyer to go along with Kidd over the offensive only minded Melo.
All the time on the board ..we hear that we need to put a #2 scorer behind Dirk. As much as I love Josh Smith..I don't think he can step up to be that #2 option yet. His offensive game is not refined yet. That is why I would not offer too big of a package for Smith as I would for Melo. (Although as of now Josh Smith would be way ahead of Melo in Defense.) I think Melo..playing next to Dirk would do WONDERS for him. He has not had another superstar on his team to look up to. Allen Iverson (from what I hear) never works at his game (practice). If Melo can see the work ethic that Dirk puts into his game daily...I think Carmelo can really step up to be part of the "next generation superstar" the media has put on Lebron and Dwade.

Also IMO..Melo is a smarter player than Josh Smith. I view Smith as a way more athletic Josh Howard without a big fat contract yet.

Please add Brand to this "top free agent i want list"
Old 06-30-2008, 10:33 PM   #145
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
All the time on the board ..we hear that we need to put a #2 scorer behind Dirk. As much as I love Josh Smith..I don't think he can step up to be that #2 option yet. His offensive game is not refined yet. That is why I would not offer too big of a package for Smith as I would for Melo. (Although as of now Josh Smith would be way ahead of Melo in Defense.) I think Melo..playing next to Dirk would do WONDERS for him. He has not had another superstar on his team to look up to. Allen Iverson (from what I hear) never works at his game (practice). If Melo can see the work ethic that Dirk puts into his game daily...I think Carmelo can really step up to be part of the "next generation superstar" the media has put on Lebron and Dwade.

Also IMO..Melo is a smarter player than Josh Smith. I view Smith as a way more athletic Josh Howard without a big fat contract yet.

Please add Brand to this "top free agent i want list"
Iverson has achieved some things in his career and actually can play D for his size. Thats not Melos problem and I dont think it would change in Dallas. He is simply disinterested in playing out there unless its scoring. and thats not someone I would take over Smith. IMO over Smith > Melo

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #146
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Terry, Stackhouse, and Dampier plus cash for Gilbert Arenas for the #2 slot

Resign Diop as our MLE or trade a bunch of bench players for Kaman for our #5 slot.

Kidd/??
Arenas/??
Howard/??
Nowitzki/Bass
Diop or Kaman/??

After that use whatever we have to find a good combination of support off the bench. Bass can also support the #5 spot very well.

Last edited by Zki41; 06-30-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #147
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41
Terry, Stackhouse, and Dampier plus cash for Gilbert Arenas for the #2 slot

Resign Diop as our MLE or trade a bunch of bench players for Kaman for our #5 slot.

Kidd/??
Arenas/??
Howard/??
Nowitzki/Bass
Diop or Kaman/??

After that use whatever we have to find a good combination of support off the bench. Bass can also support the #5 spot very well.
Throw Jordan from 10 years ago in and I'm game...

Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #148
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

why would the clippers want a bunch of our scrubs for kaman? lets be realistic here...
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:47 PM   #149
alby
Guru

This is www.dallas-mavs.com!

being realistic is not something we do here

Contact Me
Old 06-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #150
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Realistic option is Diop, but you never know if the Clippers may want to free up some salary space.

Look at what the Lakers got Pau Gasol for.

The NBA, where ____________________ happens.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:57 PM   #151
alby
Guru

Stern'ed ?

Contact Me
Old 06-30-2008, 11:54 PM   #152
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

Baron Davis, Arenas, Iguadala, Elton Brand and Maggette e.o. are u. Free Agents !!! Possible trades are Micheal Redd, Jamison, Lewis, Diaw and Barosa, Harrington, MELO, Curry, Dalembert (Kaman?). All of them would help / renew the Mavs

If Dallas don't get two of them i am angry! And the Mavs changeless for the championship!
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:56 PM   #153
BGMaverick9
Guru

TWO??? Why are you selling us short on just TWOOOOOOO!
Old 06-30-2008, 11:58 PM   #154
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

ESPN reports R.Jefferson istn't happy for the bucks! The Bucks said a Redd deal is also possible.

Another chance Redd/Jefferson .. Terry, Josh, Bass, + Picks + Money!!

Dallas do something!
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:58 PM   #155
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Iguadalaaaaaaaaaaa

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:06 AM   #156
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
him. He has not had another superstar on his team to look up to. Allen Iverson (from what I hear) never works at his game (practice).
Anybody tell you that he missed practice, if a coach say he missed practice, and ya'll hear it, then that's that. I mean, he might have missed one practice this year, but if somebody say "he doesn't come to practice'" it can be one practice out of all the practices this year, that's it. if he can't practice he can't practice, man, if hes hurt, hes hurt. It ain't about that. It's not about that at all. You know what I'm saying, i mean. But it's easy to talk about it, it's easy to sum it up, when you just talking about practice. We're sitting here, he's supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen. We talkin about practice. Not a game. Not a game. Not a game. We talking about practice. not a game. Not the game that he goes out there and die for and play every game like it's his last. not the game. we talkin about practice, man. I mean how silly is that? We talking about practice. i know he's supposed to be there, I know hes supposed to lead by example., I know that, and I'm not shoving it aside, you know like it don't mean anything. I know it's' important. I do. I honestly do. But we talkin about practice, man. What are we talking about? Practice? We talking about practice, man. We talk--we talking about practice. We talking about practice. we ain't talking about the game. We talkin about practice, man. When you come into the arena, and you see him play, you see him play don't you? You see him give everything hes got. but we talking about practice right now. We talkin about pra--man I look, I hear you. it's funny to me too. It's strange to me, too. We're talking about practice, man. We not even talking about the game, the actual game, when it matters. We talking about practice.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:29 AM   #157
bgarrett
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Iverson has achieved some things in his career and actually can play D for his size. Thats not Melos problem and I dont think it would change in Dallas. He is simply disinterested in playing out there unless its scoring. and thats not someone I would take over Smith. IMO over Smith > Melo
YAH for sure, Smith > Melo. I want that guy that will give you a key block at one end and then catch a lob and finish on the other end! I think I would try to give Stack, Bass, Howard or Stack, Bass, JET.. I wouldn't want JET and Howard both gone for either Melo or Smith unless it was JUST them two excluding Bass.. I think Atlanta would be insane to let him slip away.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:31 AM   #158
BGMaverick9
Guru

Atlanta has clearly shown insane tendencies.
You can look at the 2005 draft for a big indicator.

And no that's not revisionist history. They needed a PG bad and that had been a need for a while, and they totally skipped out on two studs.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-01-2008 at 12:33 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:33 AM   #159
bgarrett
Banned

ok lets get this done then. Dammit
Old 07-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #160
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Don't even think about going after Ben Gordon. I'd rather keep Terry.
MaVs 41 BaLler is offline   Reply With Quote