Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold
Default Marbury out in NY

www.espn.com

ESPN is reporting that its finally about to happen and that Marbury will be bough out. WE all know that he will probably go to the Celtics. BUT I think the Mavs should def. make a push for the guy. Like him or NOT he will bring some much needed firepower and if he starts to go bad, we can just get rid of him. I think with some of the guys we have here though that he would be fine and I think he would actually help us a lot. Many might disagree, but I just dont see how getting him can hurt us in this situation.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I would be pretty surprised if he didn't go to Boston.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

If Marbury signs with the C's, and by some miracle Boston and the Mavs both make the finals, I predict that whatever the outcome of the series, JJB will own his ass.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
If Marbury signs with the C's, and by some miracle Boston and the Mavs both make the finals, I predict that whatever the outcome of the series, JJB will own his ass.
At least Starbury will still own his jet...

It's a long-shot but maybe it plays into our hands a little better where the pecking order drops a notch for the WW bigs, not in the sense we land Moore but making it somewhat better. I don't think they have the space for Moore AND Marbury.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Bringing Starbury here would factor into making the Finals in the first place, otherwise he wouldn't be a consideration (assuming that Cuban wasn't blowing smoke when he said he preferred him...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up in Boston.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:51 PM   #7
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all

The Celtics and Marbury have a verbal agreement. He has to clear waivers which should be on Friday and is expected to sign with the Celtics.

It's still possible for another team to swoop in, but doesn't seem likely.
minkbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #8
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

what a bunch of BS
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:23 PM   #9
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

The C's are wack.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #10
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

we should have traded kidd for marbury.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #11
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I always get physically ill when looking at Marbury's fugly mug. I don't need another reason to hate the Celtics, even if he doesn't contribute.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 02-24-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote