Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-24-2007, 11:26 PM   #1
ballin_boi
Banned

ballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the rough
Default Celts letting Telfair walk

Should we sign or not sign? He is definitely worth spending part of the MLE on, young, full of potential, and a pass first pg.

Damp/Diop/MBenga
Dirk/?????
Howard/George/Stack
Terry/Stack/Buck
Harris/Telfair/JJB

??????????????????????????????????????/

What does everyone think?
ballin_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2007, 11:28 PM   #2
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

he has talent, but I can see everyone talking about how he has a bad rep. and all. I think some1 will pik him up for more. If not then why not try it, cuz we know all "bad rep players" change in Dallas. Then again we will have too many pg/s

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:29 PM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

He's pretty decent. I think playing for Avery could tighten him up and perhaps turn him into the old Avery Johnson.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:35 PM   #4
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Nice young player I guess... he's nothing special as a pg though and really needs to learn how to play any sort of defense (especially since he's so small), he should be as quick or quicker than Devin. But he can shoot! Needs to learn how to pass though as well... lots of potential.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:04 AM   #5
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

If we do this it means we'd probably trade JJB. I wouldn't mind this though, he's got lots of potential. Avery needs to talk with him though and see if he'll be able to help him get his head on straight.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:10 AM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

The guy needs to mature a lot before I would even think of him.

either

A) He maxed out his potential and he just isn't NBA material at all because he couldn't even play for Boston and Portland
or
B) He just doesnt apply himself and again I wouldnt want him.

Only thing worse than an untalented bum is a guy with potential that just doesnt put in the effort.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-25-2007 at 12:16 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:11 AM   #7
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

He's 5'11" and can't guard baron davis...why bother?
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:34 AM   #8
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Telfair's not going to be interested in the Mavs. He wants playing time and the mavs don't have any to offer. He'll end up on some scrub team who's in desparate need of a PG.

Last edited by DelNegro; 04-25-2007 at 12:37 AM.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:02 AM   #9
dallas85

dallas85 can only hope to improve

I hear they're making a second Telfair movie... "Through the fire 2: Greece or Italy?"

dallas85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:06 AM   #10
dallas85

dallas85 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
Telfair's not going to be interested in the Mavs. He wants playing time and the mavs don't have any to offer. He'll end up on some scrub team who's in desparate need of a PG.
Or the Knicks.... Isiah loves tweener PG/SG's chuckers. Robinson *cough*... Crawford *cough*.
dallas85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:48 AM   #11
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas85
Or the Knicks.... Isiah loves tweener PG/SG's chuckers. Robinson *cough*... Crawford *cough*.
Telfair is Marbury's cousin........
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:50 AM   #12
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm.. multiple arrests, a pretty questionable work ethic, and only brief flashes of any potential whatsoever.. Where do we sign up?!
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:53 AM   #13
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

It's strange what people's gut reaction is to guys being let go" "we could sign him."

Think this through. He got cut from one of two worst teams in the league and somehow he is attractive to the best team? Can we really imagine he is a better prospect than JJB? He certainly isnt any bigger.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:38 PM   #14
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth
It's strange what people's gut reaction is to guys being let go" "we could sign him."

Think this through. He got cut from one of two worst teams in the league and somehow he is attractive to the best team? Can we really imagine he is a better prospect than JJB? He certainly isnt any bigger.
Not to mention there are times when this guy flat out can't shoot. Man I have seen some PG go cold from the floor but this guy completely dissappears sometimes. I don't want him.