Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #41
BigAshish

BigAshish has a spectacular aura aboutBigAshish has a spectacular aura about

You are definitely the better team. That is without question. When so many players on your team are playing sub-par and you lose by 2 points, then that says something about your team. If you played at your regular capability, you'd have won this game easily.
BigAshish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #42
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Sad that in a game Dirk played so fantastically, his teammates let him down so hard. That's probably the ring right there. Pisses me off he and Kidd won't get a ring because of bitches like Peja and JJB.
Okay. Let's try to parse this. You are saying, are you not, that Dirk and Kidd are dependent on low-minute role players in order to get their ring? I mean, they have to be dependent on them...to be dependent on those guys to do something, right?...in order to get their ring? Otherwise, you wouldn't have said as much in this thread.

So, Dirk and Kidd need guys like Peja and JJB to win themselves a ring? Yeah...I know. I know it's a team game. I know you kinda need everyone clicking together. But I was of the impression that the elite players of all time--like Bird and such--never thought that they couldn't win it unless they hopped on the saddle.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:14 AM   #43
derman

derman can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MascisMan View Post
And since Kidd had only played 28 minutes to that point it was too late. Kidd could have played the last 10 minutes of the 4th and would have been at 38 minutes for the night.

Yes I understand 10 minutes in a row is a lot and a guy needs a breather. However, you can also count on about 5 time outs in the last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter as well as a TV timeout. He would have got his breathers.

I feel like RC's strategy is to play it safe and keep it close until the last 2 minutes and then just roll the dice and see what happens. It feels like we are playing to stay in the game rather than playing to win by 10.....if that makes sense.
There was also a large Time-out on the floor at the start of fourth quarter when they cleaned the floor from a spilled drink. That time-out lasted at least 2mins.

The problem for the coach was that Barea got hot just then, he made his 2 shots at the start of fourth, dirk made a 3 in between them, and the score was level at 72-72. Coach decided to roll with Barea for a few more minutes, and those minuted killed Dallas. Score went to 79-72, barea with 1 missed 3 and 2 very costly TOs in that Miami run. Dallas played catch-up the rest of the 4th quarter.
derman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:24 AM   #44
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Thread answer: Because I forgot to wear a belt.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:30 AM   #45
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

It seems the same reasons for both losses and even game 2, which could have and may should have been a loss:

1. Way too many stupid turnovers that lead to rim rocking dunks
2. Poor poor defense leading to wide open shots and easy dunks
3. Peja sucking like he can't suck anymore. Fucking pathetic. JJB killing us and trying to act like Chris Paul out there at times.
4. Terry again disappearing late. 10 points in the 1st half, what, 5 in the 2nd? Critical misses late.
5. Just basically falling into a hole and using all our energy to come back. Have we even held a 4th qtr lead for longer than 5 seconds this whole series? Every single game we let them go on deflating runs and then it's an uphill battle all game long.
Blackspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #46
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Another reason: We lost, because Miami actually played quite well. They weathered the storm and made their shots when they needed to.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:19 AM   #47
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

It's pretty sad that our bench can't give Dirk a 1 minute break coming down the stretch, I thought that last shot had a little fatigue to it. They have to give him a little rest, but the bench allows the Heat to run away if they pull Dirk from the line up.

This Bench needs a wake up call, and a slap in the face.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:33 AM   #48
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

I'm seeing too much panic around here. So far both teams have lost at home.

We are only down one game. We were down one game after game 1 to.

This team is easily capable of tying the series and making it a best of 3.

Last edited by OneLove22; 06-06-2011 at 02:35 AM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:43 AM   #49
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
I'm seeing too much panic around here. So far both teams have lost at home.

We are only down one game. We were down one game after game 1 to.

This team is easily capable of tying the series and making it a best of 3.
Meh. Who cares. This thread is only to give the OP a Dirk hard-on anyway.

As if he needed one. [tired laugh]
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:48 AM   #50
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Okay. Let's try to parse this. You are saying, are you not, that Dirk and Kidd are dependent on low-minute role players in order to get their ring? I mean, they have to be dependent on them...to be dependent on those guys to do something, right?...in order to get their ring? Otherwise, you wouldn't have said as much in this thread.

So, Dirk and Kidd need guys like Peja and JJB to win themselves a ring? Yeah...I know. I know it's a team game. I know you kinda need everyone clicking together. But I was of the impression that the elite players of all time--like Bird and such--never thought that they couldn't win it unless they hopped on the saddle.
I'll take the bait and raise you a Cornbread Maxwell
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:13 AM   #51
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just glad we stole one. Imagine if we didn't get G2.

Anybody else ready to see Booby get some time again?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:19 AM   #52
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I'm just glad we stole one. Imagine if we didn't get G2.

Anybody else ready to see Booby get some time again?

He'd need more than a couple of minutes to shake that rust. Don't think so. Same goes for Butler. If we were really desperate and running out of players, then maybe. The guy had half a regular season to show that he can be of use in the playoffs, and he disappointed big time. These games are so close that we can't afford to experiment
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:09 AM   #53
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
Just thought about another reason. Dirk didn't get the ball for a large stretch in the first half. He did have, what, two fg attempts in the first period? while Wade did tear our defense apart. No reason to not finding him early on.
That was the time when Barea was the PG. I really don't know why Barea has many difficulties giving the ball to Dirk. And if he does, quite often there are like 3-4 seconds left on the clock or Dirk is in a bad position.

I still hope Barea somehow finds his rhythm again as Carlisle won't try anything else. Maybe he'll play better in the next games. Hope dies last. I wouldn't even mind to let Terry run the point for a few minutes (he was the PG for Atlanta and did for the Mavs some times as well for a couple of minues) and let Brewer play SG. At least Brewer can play some defense.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 06-06-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:49 AM   #54
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
He'd need more than a couple of minutes to shake that rust. Don't think so. Same goes for Butler. If we were really desperate and running out of players, then maybe. The guy had half a regular season to show that he can be of use in the playoffs, and he disappointed big time. These games are so close that we can't afford to experiment
He had 23 games to show his worth after missing the last 6 months and barely playing 3 months prior to that. And he is still injured.

Carlisle is going to roll with what got us here. He is gonna sink or swim with JJB/Terry/Peja.

I might start JJB in place of Steve. JJ did well in the early 3rd and you can run that staggered PnR when he is in. Marion gets the early substitution for Steve and backups Dirk.

The Mavs have to get James or Wade in foul trouble
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #55
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

reasons we've lost....

it's gotta little something to do with their d. jjb and the has-beens look d-league.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #56
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Their role players are playing better than our role players... too many turnovers....nothing is more demoralizing than watching one Heat player get a rebound over three Mav players, I just don't understand that

Our 4th quarter defense is very good, unfortunately we cannot play with that same intensity for 48 minutes
Old 06-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #57
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mavsfastbreak.com/2011/06...for-mavericks/
Old 06-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #58
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

good read, bryan... but that picture wasn't from a turnover.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #59
BGMaverick9
Guru

Thanks.

Yeah, I know it was a from a scramble play on defense. Surprisingly, there weren't any good pictures for what I was looking for haha.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #60
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk has sat 20 minutes this series. In that time, the Mavs have been outscored by 31 points.

Peja is beyond completely worthless. I'm about ready to expunge him from Maverick history.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:04 AM   #61
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

I'd still like to see Roddy get some playing time over JJ.

Tags
stuckonstupid