Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-18-2004, 10:37 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default This may get me banned

edit
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2004, 10:59 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: This may get me banned

Damn.....I didn't merit mention with that bunch of no talent losers?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:09 AM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:This may get me banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Damn.....I didn't merit mention with that bunch of no talent losers?
there was a doc mentioning but it was civil so I didnt include it.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:13 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

I only feel half bad now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

BTW....we love our resident skitzophrenic cooze. They can suck it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2004, 11:14 AM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

awww thanks Doc.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:17 AM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

we like marbury?

man, at the risk of sound ing hypocritical, those guys need to get a life. spending time talking about people at this site? ridiculous. also, we all know murph loves the attention.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:19 AM   #7
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

YAWN.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:24 AM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

just a few thoughts
1) I hate Marbury. I've made it clear in many posts and I thought there was some good Marbury bashing going on here. I had to say that Marbury is an incredible athlete and strong as hell, which he is, but I hate how he plays.
2) Why are we locking up all the forums?
3) Is it true that we aren't allowing any more registrations?
4) Why were Miles and Ed kicked? I know this is a question best answered via PM with a mod, but if there is a specific comment in a thread that could be linked, I'd like to see it.
5) I love how they call me cruel and classless and then expound on the insult fest.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:32 AM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Also in that thread ChefEd and milesberg claim they were banned. However that is not true. I think they are seeing the screen where you have to be registered to enter the forum and are thinking that means they were banned?
Old 08-18-2004, 11:35 AM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
just a few thoughts
1) I hate Marbury. I've made it clear in many posts and I thought there was some good Marbury bashing going on here. I had to say that Marbury is an incredible athlete and strong as hell, which he is, but I hate how he plays.
2) Why are we locking up all the forums?
This is done as a traffic control measure to help keep the site up whenever trades happen
Quote:
3) Is it true that we aren't allowing any more registrations?
Not true at all
Quote:
4) Why were Miles and Ed kicked? I know this is a question best answered via PM with a mod, but if there is a specific comment in a thread that could be linked, I'd like to see it.
Neither were banned. I think they are getting confused by the password screen when trying to enter a forum. I have sent Ed an e-mail explaining this. But no one has been banned.
Quote:
5) I love how they call me cruel and classless and then expound on the insult fest.
It is a bit hypocritical. I took it as them defending one of their regulars. But what they said about you was sad and distasteful.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:01 PM   #11
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I don't know a single justification of having problems within the Mavericks family.

This is encouraging towards it:

"Erika, we do not have a moderator here at all. That does not mean the group, many of those you mention do not help self moderate if need be. We find allowing anyone and everyone to post is the fair thing to do. Mays fans come in all kinds, some we also question, we just let them ride off the boardd themselves.

Please take a lttle time to know more of the posters here, I think you will see we have a lot of sharp cookies here just as DM does....

Welcome"

It seems fair and decent.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:36 PM   #12
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

We like Marbury??? Damnit, I must have missed the memo again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2004, 12:56 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"That Murphy guy is a sociopath. That guy must have had some seriously screwed up stuff happen to him as a child. "
My childhood was actually quite normal. It's the adult years that have really screwed up my head. At best, I'm the guy with the stapler issues in the movie Office Space. At worst, I'm the lead Irishman in the movie Braveheart. But at least I do get all the funny lines.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:17 PM   #14
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"On second thought, what is the point. None of them have the balls to come here and take what they dish out except Murphy and he loves it. So that is pointless."
I can confirm that I am without balls.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:23 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"On second thought, what is the point. None of them have the balls to come here and take what they dish out except Murphy and he loves it. So that is pointless."
Damned if you do...Damned if you don't.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:36 PM   #16
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I read the thread, Erica. They were mainly just defending Ed.

Let's not start some silly flame war, folks.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:50 PM   #17
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

RE: locked forums

How come my drop down list box doesn't list anything other than "Who's on?" Talk about agrivating having to go to the home page each time you want to change forums.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:53 PM   #18
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha... Wow, that's pretty classless and ridiculous. It certainly sounds like you've earned yourself quite a pathetic rabble of a fanclub EL.

As I said a couple of days back, do any of y'all doubt that there's probably a link between the "ChefEd" piss fight with EL and Mary of two weeks ago, and the emergence of so many inane, disruptive, and occasionally racist new troll personalities on our board since that fight?

I know the mods have said that they don't believe that "ChefEd" is solely responsible for all of the recent malfactions, but I see no reason to believe that at least some of the troublemakers don't come from amongst his circle of D-M hating friends at DB.com, and I also see no reason to believe that embittered, poor-spelling man hasn't played any role in instigating the troublemaking (assuming that he himself, is not taking a more active role in playing personality, trolling games of his own).

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire, and in my opinion, this "ChefEd" character has been blowing big, billowing clouds out of it out of his ass ever since he came back to D-M to angrily defend his poorly written "Dirk needs to take the last shot" column two weeks back...
Old 08-18-2004, 02:00 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran

It's more amusing than anything else. But yeah, let's not lower our standards. That's something that D-M.com is known for...a high number of high quality members and a high number of quality posts. And yes, I'm sure this site is known for being a place where you can get into some very nice debates.

Let's keep the standards high.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:01 PM   #20
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
RE: locked forums

How come my drop down list box doesn't list anything other than "Who's on?" Talk about agrivating having to go to the home page each time you want to change forums.

Ocelot, whenever the forums are locked, then they are not accessible through the drop down menu. Usually only the main forum is locked, so its usually the only one missing from the drop down menu. I guess since traffic was so heavy last night DJ decided to go ahead and lock all of them.

I think its been working great - all forums seem to be running pretty smoothly this morning. I think its well worth the hassle of some extra navigating if it keeps the site from crashing.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:01 PM   #21
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Quote:
I can confirm that I am without balls.
A real LOL.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:14 PM   #22
Adrienne18

Adrienne18 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys...I'm a regular at db.com. Just wanted to say that I don't think anyone over there really has anything against this site, they were just standing up for ChefEd who many didn't think was treated well here. People didn't get upset until db was trashed without any real reason. It's a different kind of site, less moderated, yeah, but not worse for it. I hope there aren't any hard feelings.

P.S. Erica, just to clarify, those last couple of quotes you posted were by a troll that people don't like at db.com either. I don't want people to think that he is any kind of embraced poster or that that is typical of the site. It's not.
Adrienne18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:23 PM   #23
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I frequent db.com to read the posts and most of the regulars there are cool. It's a less moderated forum so irrelevant smack and s**t talk from some trolls are at abundance there. Overall, though, I think that site is A-OK. Just my point of view.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 06:55 PM   #24
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Adrienne18
It's a different kind of site, less moderated,...
P.S. Erica, just to clarify, those last couple of quotes you posted were by a troll that people don't like at db.com either...
That's what I thought reading those quotes. Moderators here would have edited those posts and warned/banned the troll(s) (am I right?)

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 07:22 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

The main reason the site is different is not because of lack of moderation. This site far and away has the best collection of talented posters. LMF also has solid quality, but not nearly the quantity of intelligent basketball minds. Dallasbasketball.com has...well, it doesn't compete at this point in time.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:21 PM   #26
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran

It's more amusing than anything else. But yeah, let's not lower our standards. That's something that D-M.com is known for...a high number of high quality members and a high number of quality posts. And yes, I'm sure this site is known for being a place where you can get into some very nice debates.

Let's keep the standards high.
Amen.

Old 08-19-2004, 03:23 AM   #27
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

The first time I came here was that I couldn't open DB.com for several days so I found a "substitute". But I like this forum for its clear and regular style. But the war between some of you and ChefEd/DM.com and DB.com made me sick. The bash on ChefEd real stank. As for the lack-of-class posts, I don't think the posters on DB.com live on that. We do have moderator but we moderate the board for ourselves. Every forum has its style. I don't mean the style of DM.com is disordered because that's not true. We just let things go where they will go. Mostly, DM.com is a free and clear board. In fact, very cool.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:41 AM   #28
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: shaw-xx
The first time I came here was that I couldn't open DB.com for several days so I found a "substitute". But I like this forum for its clear and regular style. But the war between some of you and ChefEd/DM.com and DB.com made me sick. The bash on ChefEd real stank. As for the lack-of-class posts, I don't think the posters on DB.com live on that. We do have moderator but we moderate the board for ourselves. Every forum has its style. I don't mean the style of DM.com is disordered because that's not true. We just let things go where they will go. Mostly, DM.com is a free and clear board. In fact, very cool.

I just ventured to the "other side" to see what this "board war" is all about.

DB seems to be a bit more disordered than DM. I like the overall design and the colors of DM much better.

As for the quality of posts, there are experts and morons on both sides, who cares...

but the thing that will stick in my memory now is their whining about being "banned" by the mods here. "Buh huu huu, they don't let us in no more, buh huu huu [img]i/expressions/brokenheart.gif[/img]"

whiners are losers...

(that was my 1000th high-quality post, btw [img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img] )

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:45 AM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
I'd have to caution you about making judgements regarding the chefed if you're not remotely aware of the entire situation.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:12 AM   #30
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
I'd have to caution you about making judgements regarding the chefed if you're not remotely aware of the entire situation.
Caution? Huh!

I've seen what's happened all the time and just wrote down my feelings.

Old 08-19-2004, 10:49 AM   #31
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I think I am going to put a stop to this discussion soon. The fact that we're even having this discussion is absolutely ridiculous.

Chef Ed has always been welcome at this board to talk hoops and other topics. He has shown that his skin is entirely too thin to take some ribbing, considering that he is a regularly published writer. I don't care if it's for money, or not. When you are published, even online, you are putting yourself out there.

I'm tired of seeing people who've posted over here 20 times or 47 times giving their expert diagnosis on what is wrong with this forum. Talking like "what happened to Chef Ed" was some great injustice. It was people sharing their opinions in a callous manner, which is 75% of what goes on at a message board like this one!! There is virtually nothing so heinous or mean that has gone on publicly between Chef Ed and members here to warrant all this discussion. It's simple. Either shut up and talk hoops, or shut up and leave.

Everybody in the world reserves the right to not be all smoochy-smoochy with everybody else if they so choose. If you can't take it, get out. This ain't kindergarten, this is dallas-mavs.com.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:15 AM   #32
Drbio
Banned

Example: I don't want to smootch Rhylan. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2004, 11:21 AM   #33
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Thank goodness for that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Let me also add that I'm not necessarily saying people shouldn't be civil or that we prefer people to be rude. Obviously that is not the case. However, some folks are going to be blunt, some will do a little instigating, others will beat their points like a dead horse, whether or not it's a valid point or worth mentioning over and over again. That's just life in the forum. You gotta deal with it.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:42 AM   #34
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rhylan
I think I am going to put a stop to this discussion soon. The fact that we're even having this discussion is absolutely ridiculous.

Chef Ed has always been welcome at this board to talk hoops and other topics. He has shown that his skin is entirely too thin to take some ribbing, considering that he is a regularly published writer. I don't care if it's for money, or not. When you are published, even online, you are putting yourself out there.

I'm tired of seeing people who've posted over here 20 times or 47 times giving their expert diagnosis on what is wrong with this forum. Talking like "what happened to Chef Ed" was some great injustice. It was people sharing their opinions in a callous manner, which is 75% of what goes on at a message board like this one!! There is virtually nothing so heinous or mean that has gone on publicly between Chef Ed and members here to warrant all this discussion. It's simple. Either shut up and talk hoops, or shut up and leave.

Everybody in the world reserves the right to not be all smoochy-smoochy with everybody else if they so choose. If you can't take it, get out. This ain't kindergarten, this is dallas-mavs.com.

Amen. Thats second time I said amen in this thread.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:42 AM   #35
Chiwas
Guru

mff is very religious.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:56 PM   #36
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all