Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 01-02-2007, 08:25 AM   #1
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of
Default I feel guilty this morning

In 1976, I cast my first vote for President of the United States.

I did not vote for President Ford--I voted for the peanut farmer who gets nuttier with each passing day.

God--I regret that vote.

In 1980--I did not vote for President Reagan--I voted for the former VP under the peanut farmer.

God--I regret that vote.

In 1984, I did not vote for President Reagan's re-election--I voted for the greek guy with the pill popping wife--the guy who would not want the person who may kill her to die himself.

In 2000, I voted for George Bush.

God--I regret that vote.

In 2004, I voted for George Bush--I had no choice--would never vote for JK.

But the vote that haunts me the most is my first vote. With time, I have come to respect President Ford so much.

Us Catholics are really big on making confessions.

I confess this: I pray for the soul of President Ford--such a decent man--humble--a man so decent that he probably could not become President if he had to run the traditional route.

I know I have written a few threads about President Ford the past few days. I am both stricken with grief and regret that I did not appreciate him or support him when I was younger.

I will say a rosary on this national day of mourning.

Sorry for the rambling--and I apologise for yet another thread about Ford--I needed to get this off my chest.
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2007, 09:05 AM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Now I understand why you are a Spurs fan...............Thank you.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:53 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I too voted for Jimmah. I have asked the good lord to forgive me many times. It's okay, that paved the way for Renaldus Maximus.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:11 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand being duped into voting for Jimmah.........But admitting to it is not excusable.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 01-02-2007, 04:25 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I can understand being duped into voting for Jimmah.........But admitting to it is not excusable.
You can't get forgivenance unless you repent.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-02-2007, 04:43 PM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dude1394 again.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:26 PM   #7
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

ford is a pres who deserves the hero label.

not only did he give a lifetime of service to his country, but he did so in a humble way.

he also was willing to take the arrows for the pardon, without deflection.

the right man who at the right time made the right decisions. america is fortunate to have had his contributions.

as for jimmah, the wrong man at the wrong time who made the wrong decisions.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:28 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
as for jimmah, the wrong man at the wrong time who made the wrong decisions.
Preach on brotha', preach on'. A masterful amount of understatement in that one.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:23 PM   #9
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Edit

Last edited by Smiles; 03-07-2021 at 11:58 AM.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Anyone who didn't vote for Reagan should feel guilty and wanting forgiveness.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:01 PM   #11
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Anyone who didn't vote for Reagan should feel guilty and wanting forgiveness.
I didn't.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:17 PM   #12
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Fun starts when Hillary runs against Condi...

That would be the greatest presidential debate in my lifetime.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:46 AM   #13
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

Smiles--you are so sweet. You message really made me feel better.

Thank you so much--and yes--I will share my rosary beads with you anytime.

God bless you, Smiles!

BSR
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:00 PM   #14
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
Smiles--you are so sweet. You message really made me feel better.

Thank you so much--and yes--I will share my rosary beads with you anytime.

God bless you, Smiles!

BSR
Aw, thank you. It made me feel really good to read this.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #15
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
In 1976, I cast my first vote for President of the United States.

I did not vote for President Ford--I voted for the peanut farmer who gets nuttier with each passing day.

God--I regret that vote.

In 1980--I did not vote for President Reagan--I voted for the former VP under the peanut farmer.

God--I regret that vote.

In 1984, I did not vote for President Reagan's re-election--I voted for the greek guy with the pill popping wife--the guy who would not want the person who may kill her to die himself.

In 2000, I voted for George Bush.

God--I regret that vote.

In 2004, I voted for George Bush--I had no choice--would never vote for JK.

But the vote that haunts me the most is my first vote. With time, I have come to respect President Ford so much.

Us Catholics are really big on making confessions.

I confess this: I pray for the soul of President Ford--such a decent man--humble--a man so decent that he probably could not become President if he had to run the traditional route.

I know I have written a few threads about President Ford the past few days. I am both stricken with grief and regret that I did not appreciate him or support him when I was younger.

I will say a rosary on this national day of mourning.

Sorry for the rambling--and I apologise for yet another thread about Ford--I needed to get this off my chest.
I may be off just a lil bit, but it seems to me that you vote straight republican ticket. Maybe it is time to look at each candidate for who they are, rather than what side of the political campaign they represent. Just a thought
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:38 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
I may be off just a lil bit, but it seems to me that you vote straight republican ticket. Maybe it is time to look at each candidate for who they are, rather than what side of the political campaign they represent. Just a thought
Don't be silly.. Then I'd have someone like Ted Kennedy running something, like now. Catastrophic.