Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #1241
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Bye.
you're confused. i didn't say anything about not getting on here and constantly bitching, i just said i wasn't watching.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2011, 10:49 PM   #1242
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

There is no way Dirk or the Mavs miss open shots like they did tonight. I counted at least 5 missed layups. We will win game 2.
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:49 PM   #1243
snackdaddy

snackdaddy is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
It sucks that the Heat are going to dominate the league for the next several years. They are so unlikeable.
Even more than the Lakers?
snackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:50 PM   #1244
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Terry in the 2nd half?
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:50 PM   #1245
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Dirk was so passive today until the last minutes! You can't do that. I remember one play he even differed to Marion. JJB missing lay ups and just playing horrible. JET disappeared in the 2nd half and basically committed 2 stupid plays that basically lost the game for us. Oh and Peja has been useless out there. Id rather Brewer be in tbh. At least he can contribute defensively and hustle out there.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #1246
MavsFanSinceDayOne

MavsFanSinceDayOne will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
When did I say "love" him? I said give it to him. On that play.
Ooops... my mistake! I'm sorry about that. I was so upset with the Mavs bad play and the refs terrible, terrible calls that I couldn't even read correctly!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #1247
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Their bench outplayed ours bottom line....we will win the next 4 games
Old 05-31-2011, 10:53 PM   #1248
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Fuck off with the ref bitching...

Mavs 32 FTs
Heat 25 FTs

Heats D > Mavs O. This has to change.
Watch the fucking game instead of looking at the boxscore. Almost all of Miami's fouls were blatant. In the 2nd half (esp. the third quarter) Miami got away with a TON of fouls on defense.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:54 PM   #1249
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Fuck off with the ref bitching...

Mavs 32 FTs
Heat 25 FTs

Heats D > Mavs O. This has to change.
Heat shot 45% from three (never happen again) and we missed wide open shots we normally make (including a ton of layups). That is the difference.

We just need to focus on closing out three point shooters and rebounding. Our shots will eventually fall.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:55 PM   #1250
Frank89149

Frank89149 is infamous around these parts

Terry was D'd up hard in the 2nd half. Watching the 2nd half adjustments, I think the Heat are gonna just play Dirk as hard as possible, but if he get's his he get's his. But I think they will do everything in their power to make Dallas not beat them from three land. Kidd, Terry, even Berea was getting double off picks. Heat will let Dirk do his thing, Marrion to some extent.
Frank89149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:55 PM   #1251
Mikey1690
Banned

Mikey1690 is infamous around these partsMikey1690 is infamous around these partsMikey1690 is infamous around these partsMikey1690 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MascisMan View Post
There is no way Dirk or the Mavs miss open shots like they did tonight. I counted at least 5 missed layups. We will win game 2.
You're not the 1st team to think they would beat us at home in these playoffs, but so far nobody has. All of you guys were on your high horses earlier today saying the heat suck and we're going to destroy them. Guess what you're not going to score on us like you did against portland L.A, and okc because our defense is much better than theres.

Last edited by Mikey1690; 05-31-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Mikey1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:56 PM   #1252
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

The Mavs only shot 37% but the Heat only shot 39%. I don't see the Mavs shooting that bad again, but what are the chances of the Heat shooting that bad again either?
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 PM   #1253
Dirkules41

Dirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the rough

Only game one at road, nothing to worry about. This Heat dont seem to be that good. Bench had to step up in the next game. We will come back!
Dirkules41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 PM   #1254
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Dirk had 27 points on 18 shots. His touch was there, he just has to take better shots.
He and TC have to work harder on the defensive glass, too.
Terry, Peja and JJB will have to cotribute in game 2. (4-21?)
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:00 PM   #1255
MascisMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1690 View Post
You're not the 1st team to think they would beat us at home in these playoffs, but so far nobody has. All of you guys were on your high horses earlier today saying the heat suck and we're going to destroy them. Guess what you're not going to score on us like you did against portland L.A, and okc because our defense is much better than theres.
DAL missed uncontested shots. Uncontested shots means that the defense was broken down. These are uncontested shots that DAL has hit in all three series' leading up to this one. DAL will be just fine. In fact Barea got to the hoop several times (and missed layups).

Plus the Heat shot 45% from three which won't happen again.

The Heat won game 1, just like they were expected to. DAL won't miss the point blank shots again.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:00 PM   #1256
Dirkules41

Dirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the roughDirkules41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Look a bandwagon fan who has nothing better to do as trolling at a mavs forum, go and celebrate your win, its your last chance to do this in these playoffs.
Dirkules41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:02 PM   #1257
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
so... who was your team last year?

lakers? cavs?
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:02 PM   #1258
MascisMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by #41 View Post
Dirk had 27 points on 18 shots. His touch was there, he just has to take better shots.
He and TC have to work harder on the defensive glass, too.
Terry, Peja and JJB will have to cotribute in game 2. (4-21?)
Barea was 1-8 with at least 2 missed layups. Peja 0-3 from three.

We will be fine. These guys just needed the first game to realize that the Heat are human too.

Game 2 we will make our shots.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:03 PM   #1259
MascisMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
so... who was your team last year?

lakers? cavs?
It was the Yankees.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:04 PM   #1260
Frank89149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkules41 View Post
Look a bandwagon fan who has nothing better to do as trolling at a mavs forum, go and celebrate your win, its your last chance to do this in these playoffs.
Why are we all automatically bandwagoners? Can we stop this childish crap?
Old 05-31-2011, 11:05 PM   #1261
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Terry is the worst player, on both ends!
yes he is

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:06 PM   #1262
OSU_MAV

OSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the roughOSU_MAV is a jewel in the rough

Even with poor play from a lot of people they were still very much in the game until about 5 minutes to go. They just took over down the stretch. Now go make adjustments and figure out what needs to be fix and be ready for game 2. Now everyone should go do what I'm going to do, watch family guy to cheer up some and then go to bed.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:08 PM   #1263
MavsFanSinceDayOne

MavsFanSinceDayOne will become famous soon enough

There's the old saying of: "When you win a series game, it feels like you will never lose again. When you lose a series game, it feels like you wil never win again."

Despite knowing the wisdom of that saying, I just don't feel good about the Mavs winning this series. Miami's defense is tough. And Wade and Lebron seem destined to hit the big shots. And add in if the refs continue to make terrible calls like they did tonight (as well as they did in the 06 series against the Mavs), then the end result will end up as it did 5 years ago.

I'm not trying to be negative, I've just seen this song and dance before about 5 yrs ago with the Heat making the plays, the refs have a big bias against the Mavs, and the Mavs choking. Sorry, but go ahead and flame me away.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:08 PM   #1264
Frank89149

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSU_MAV View Post
Even with poor play from a lot of people they were still very much in the game until about 5 minutes to go. They just took over down the stretch. Now go make adjustments and figure out what needs to be fix and be ready for game 2. Now everyone should go do what I'm going to do, watch family guy to cheer up some and then go to bed.
I expect both teams to make some big adjustments. I saw a big one from the heat at half time that was rather obvious I.E. Terry.

I expect every game to come down to the end. No gloating from this Heat fan. One game at a time.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 PM   #1265
HEAT WAVE
Banned

HEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these parts

mavs played really good. idk why you guys are so mad. its only game 1. you missing shots is easy to explain, defense!. even if your shooting uncontested 3's, our "d" tires the players. though i admit you actually played better defense than i thought you would. i still cant believe some of you guys really thought that you were going to beat us by 3's. dirk is still a monster, and haywood is the new shaq, damn!.
HEAT WAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 PM   #1266
PartywithDirk

PartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to all

Jeebus calm down people...

We shot in the 30's -- don't think that'll happen again.
Their bench dominated ours -- don't think that'll happen again.
We got pounded on the boards -- ok, this will probably happen again.
We had too many turnovers -- we'll correct that.

We need JJ to hit his shots (they were all shots that he's hit in the other series). We need Jet to hit his 3's and Peja either needs to shoot better or just put him in a suit.

But mainly...Tyson must play MUCH better. And Dirk needs to finish those and 1's. I know he's getting hacked, but that's what he does. He obviously thinks he can get to the basket when he wants -- so drive and FINISH. Which he will, again, it was just 1 game.

You can't win them all.
PartywithDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:13 PM   #1267
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanSinceDayOne View Post
There's the old saying of: "When you win a series game, it feels like you will never lose again. When you lose a series game, it feels like you wil never win again."

Despite knowing the wisdom of that saying, I just don't feel good about the Mavs winning this series. Miami's defense is tough. And Wade and Lebron seem destined to hit the big shots. And add in if the refs continue to make terrible calls like they did tonight (as well as they did in the 06 series against the Mavs), then the end result will end up as it did 5 years ago.

I'm not trying to be negative, I've just seen this song and dance before about 5 yrs ago with the Heat making the plays, the refs have a big bias against the Mavs, and the Mavs choking. Sorry, but go ahead and flame me away.
I agree. The way we just hit in the mouth from the middle of the 3rd on and never even seemed we would win the game, disturbs me.

Dirk's help seems to always disappear when he really needs it. And Wade and Lebron have each other.

And our rebounding is just absolutely horrible.
Blackspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:14 PM   #1268
HEAT WAVE
Banned

HEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these partsHEAT WAVE is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanSinceDayOne View Post

again with the refs! stop. get over it. ud got some retarded fouls aswell.and mavs got many calls. idc what you say. this is heat vs. mavs not mavs vs. refs. pointing fingers will not solve your problems.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:14 PM   #1269
PartywithDirk

PartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAT WAVE View Post
mavs played really good. idk why you guys are so mad. its only game 1. you missing shots is easy to explain, defense!. even if your shooting uncontested 3's, our "d" tires the players. though i admit you actually played better defense than i thought you would. i still cant believe some of you guys really thought that you were going to beat us by 3's. dirk is still a monster, and haywood is the new shaq, damn!.
We damn near beat you "by 3's" (not sure if that's even English).

If we hit half of our WIDE OPEN 3's we would've beaten you.

Must've been that the players (who just had 8 days off) were tired from all that defense Miami played.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:14 PM   #1270
Diehard Fan
Banned

Diehard Fan is infamous around these partsDiehard Fan is infamous around these partsDiehard Fan is infamous around these partsDiehard Fan is infamous around these partsDiehard Fan is infamous around these parts

Nowitzki was defended rather really well, I mean the free throws were inevitable, 27 points- 12 free throws, so about 15 points. I have to give it to them, they did the unbelievable, contain Nowitzki, not stop him but contain. Nowitzki was in rhythm. Great game to watch though. They ended our 5 rd game strk, and they extended their home-streak. [+]
Diehard Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:16 PM   #1271
PartywithDirk

Quote:
again with the refs! stop. get over it. ud got some retarded fouls aswell.and mavs got many calls. idc what you say. this is heat vs. mavs not mavs vs. refs. pointing fingers will not solve your problems.
Do you have a HEAT WAVE to English dictionary you can lend me so I can read your posts?
Old 05-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #1272
PartywithDirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard Fan View Post
Nowitzki was defended rather really well, I mean the free throws were inevitable, 27 points- 12 free throws, so about 15 points. I have to give it to them, they did the unbelievable, contain Nowitzki, not stop him but contain. Nowitzki was in rhythm. Great game to watch though. They ended our 5 rd game strk, and they extended their home-streak. [+]
Nowitzki was not in rhythm, not at all. He missed shots that he hits EVERY game tonight. He missed 5 layups, at least. I'm not sure what game you were watching, but if they didn't double or triple team him, he did anything he wanted...just had an off night shooting. It happens.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #1273
Diehard Fan
Banned

Diehard Fan is infamous around these partsDiehard Fan is infamous around these partsDiehard Fan is infamous around these partsDiehard Fan is infamous around these partsDiehard Fan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartywithDirk View Post
Jeebus calm down people...

We shot in the 30's -- don't think that'll happen again.
Their bench dominated ours -- don't think that'll happen again.
We got pounded on the boards -- ok, this will probably happen again.
We had too many turnovers -- we'll correct that.
Hopefully, we can correct turnovers, however both teams shot bad, Mavs shot in the 30's. It might be because Heat, played rather well defense. So you can't guarantee they will be above 30's+, however some shots they miss. Yea of course, they missed some shots, did you see Haywood's missed dunk? Every team is going to miss some shots they could easily make, you can't play exactly perfect or near perfection out there. Maybe rarely, but not in the Finals with two dominant teams, and one of the best defense.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:22 PM   #1274
HEAT WAVE
Banned

Quote:
We damn near beat you "by 3's" (not sure if that's even English).

If we hit half of our WIDE OPEN 3's we would've beaten you.

Must've been that the players (who just had 8 days off) were tired from all that defense Miami played.
wow, denile is not just a river in egypt.lol (sorry english teacher). o.k miami only got 2 days off ,huh? dude, it was one game, you lost due to defense, and we found a way to neutralize dirk(ud). some of you spoke about peja,barea like they were gods.lol. i mustve missed peja and berrea idk... and shaq. really . you played well, in 06' miami lost both first games.you mad!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:22 PM   #1275
JamesCom

JamesCom is a jewel in the roughJamesCom is a jewel in the roughJamesCom is a jewel in the rough

Hi guys, been lurking for awhile.

Anyways, that Chalmers foul pretty much destroyed what little morale they had left. Kidd didn't even want to dribble the ball anymore.

It was too late the hero for Dirk and crappy play for the whole team in the final minutes pretty much was the story (especially for Terry).

I give credit to Miami for keeping their poise and being the hungrier team in this game.

Dallas needs to wake up badly, very badly, if they ever want to win the championship.
JamesCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:25 PM   #1276
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wow, denile is not just a river in egypt.lol (sorry english teacher). o.k miami only got 2 days off ,huh? dude, it was one game, you lost due to defense, and we found a way to neutralize dirk(ud). some of you spoke about peja,barea like they were gods.lol. i mustve missed peja and berrea idk... and shaq. really . you played well, in 06' miami lost both first games.you mad!
I'm just curious about one thing. How many years of school have you had, and in what school district?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:27 PM   #1277
Diehard Fan
Banned

However, Mavericks did a good job, of not letting James or Wade go to the line often. James was only 2-2, Wade 2-5, so Mavs did good job their. Refs didn't treat LeBron or Wade like the holy grail, or some princesses. But refs threw some bad calls on both ends of the field. I observed the missed dunk play, Terry clearly used his left hand and smacked LeBron's face before LeBron drew contact, look at the replay, it's clear. LeBron did draw contact but that was clearly after Terry's hand-to-face, and that means the foul should've gone to Terry, he got hurt on that play because of how he missed the dunk. On the other side of court, refs didn't catch Nowitzki's quickness, he slap that ball out clean. The refs just couldn't indicate what happens. So some bad calls to both sides, but officiating was still there, if not, full-out riots.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:27 PM   #1278
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I'm just curious about one thing. How many years of school have you had, and in what school district?
Miami school district is nothing to brag about.
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:28 PM   #1279
HEAT WAVE
Banned

Quote:
Do you have a HEAT WAVE to English dictionary you can lend me so I can read your posts?
wow, again. are you serious???? thats all you have to say! learn english! my response. idgaf, im not writing an english essay. this is no home work. as a matter of fact. i dnidt konw poelpe in txeas wree so sarmt! i touhgt tehy wree all hckis! oh well.....
Old 05-31-2011, 11:30 PM   #1280
PartywithDirk

Quote:
Oh ok, now I get it. It's give a 'tard a computer week in Miami. Cool for you. See you on Thursday.

Tags
heatd=mavs30%fg, sieg !, still alive!!!, teamusa vs mavs, this is gonna be good!