Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-05-2003, 06:43 PM   #1
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default Cowboys are numero uno!

Cowboys are #1 in the NFC East right now, with the Eagles win over the Redskins. Go Cowboys!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 06:44 PM   #2
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, who would have thought we would be able to say that at any point this season. Certainly not me.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 06:49 PM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Great accomplishment!! Sad to know that someone will come in this thread and post something negative.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 06:52 PM   #4
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget, we almost lost to the Giants. That must mean we're not that good.

[img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2003, 06:53 PM   #5
QCarFan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Great accomplishment!! Sad to know that someone will come in this thread and post something negative.
somewhat surprised we havent seen it already, hopefully it the negativity wont be brought to this thread but im sure it will.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:53 PM   #6
QCarFan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000

hah, good one
Old 10-05-2003, 06:59 PM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
somewhat surprised we havent seen it already, hopefully it the negativity wont be brought to this thread but im sure it will.

It will come don't worry.

1996-2005
Old 10-05-2003, 07:06 PM   #8
QCarFan
Golden Member

Default RE: Cowboys are numero uno!

you have that feeling too huh FFM? its all good
Old 10-05-2003, 07:21 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
you have that feeling too huh FFM? its all good

Yea but right now I could care less. The Cowboys are number 1 in the NFC East. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

1996-2005
Old 10-05-2003, 07:27 PM   #10
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Well if you want negative, they lost to the Falcons without Vick.

But this defense...woo..and Carter is doing really well, I like his pocket presence this year.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:39 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: one long blue sock
Well if you want negative, they lost to the Falcons without Vick.

But this defense...woo..and Carter is doing really well, I like his pocket presence this year.

It was the coming out party. Dolphins managed to lose to the Texans so 'i suppose the Texans are a better club than the Dolphins correct?

1996-2005
Old 10-05-2003, 07:55 PM   #12
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

Well on a serious note, I think the Cowboys might have some trouble with Williams size, the line might be fast, but Ricky is fast and strong.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:33 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Not to stoke up anything, but can someone please tell me who said this? I haven't seen it anywhere. Please...someone let me know by pm and tell me where it was posted. I keep hearing this but haven't seen it anywhere that I can recall.

FFM- that kind of statement is actually negative in and of itself in that it could chide someone into making some kind of a reply. You are basically begging for a response. If you don't want it, then why remark about it? It's counterproductive and disingenuous at best.

Now..on to the topic at hand....

Congrats to the Cowboys. I guarantee you that at no time did I expect to be able to say the Boys were in first place. Not even in my wildest dreams. All of the Cowboys fans want nothing less than this.I'm glad to see us atop the division and look forward to seeing how the rest of the year goes.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 09:17 PM   #14
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

The question is can we pull off the win against Philly next week? The division games are most important...
FFM- No one has posted anything negative yet and you're already complaining, just stick to the topic.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 09:21 PM   #15
QCarFan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
The question is can we pull off the win against Philly next week? The division games are most important...
FFM- No one has posted anything negative yet and you're already complaining, just stick to the topic.
you got some nerve bro, you and your buddy drbio has ruined many threads today with nothing but complete garbage. he(ffm), as well as a few others knew something negative was going to be posted in this thread like all the others, and even if slightly negative, its negative nonetheless. and not to our surprise................
Old 10-05-2003, 09:25 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Qtardfan breached the negativity all while completely disregarding that fact that he instigates all negativity in every other thread. Anyone surprised?
Old 10-05-2003, 09:25 PM   #17
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:

Not to stoke up anything, but can someone please tell me who said this? I haven't seen it anywhere. Please...someone let me know by pm and tell me where it was posted. I keep hearing this but haven't seen it anywhere that I can recall.

C' mon Doc. As much as you monitor the board, surely you’ve heard people in essence put an asterisk next to the Giants win because Bryant kicked the ball out of bounds. No, I wasn’t quoting anyone, just paraphrasing a thought that I’ve seen repeatedly. It's called sarcasm. Lighten up.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:27 PM   #18
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

QCarFan, seriously!
Just stick to the Cowboys and shut up about everything else. I've argued with you in 3 other threads today and I don't feel like adding another one....
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 09:28 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Dirno- Actually, no I do not recall ever seeing it which is why I asked for a >PM< on the subject. I'm not "heavy" on the subject, I was just interested in reading the quote for myself. Nothing to lighten up about. Are you in need of lightening?
Old 10-05-2003, 09:30 PM   #20
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Amazing accomplishment for the Cowboys for this part of the season. Still a lot of football left to be played though. Let's hope the 'Boys keep it up.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:33 PM   #21
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Default RE: Cowboys are numero uno!

Once again I wasn't quoting anyone. I find it hard to believe that you've seen that sentiment expressed. I'll make it easy, check today's game day thread. Don't see you you're being so sensitive.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:37 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Being sensitive? Do explain how asking that question is being sensitive and asking for a pm so the thread didn't degrade (prior to Qtardfans pissy fit) is being sensitive. I've seen statements about the kick not going out of bounds could have changed the game, but you made it sound like you were quoting someone that actually said it outright. You've cleared it up...noone actually said it. Only thin references that you may be reading too much into. Maybe not. I still don't see that kind of statement and to be honest wouldn't know the posters intent unless they clarified anyways.

Am I the only one that tries to pm?
Old 10-05-2003, 09:48 PM   #23
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Being sensitive? Do explain how asking that question is being sensitive and asking for a pm so the thread didn't degrade (prior to Qtardfans pissy fit) is being sensitive. I've seen statements about the kick not going out of bounds could have changed the game, but you made it sound like you were quoting someone that actually said it outright. You've cleared it up...noone actually said it. Only thin references that you may be reading too much into. Maybe not. I still don't see that kind of statement and to be honest wouldn't know the posters intent unless they clarified anyways.

Am I the only one that tries to pm?
OK, just a misunderstanding. As far as PM's, you could have PM'ed me to explain the statement. No harm, no foul.

Old 10-05-2003, 09:51 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Fair enough.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:54 PM   #25
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

I'm glad the cowboys are in first place and I agree that I never would've thought they would've been at all this year. I've got to admit I didn't think Q would perform this well.

Doc, I've posted about them almost losing the giant game

PS - I still don't have a good outlook for the rest of the season but I'm trying not to be negative
Old 10-05-2003, 09:56 PM   #26
Drbio
Banned

Fah Q- yeah, I've seen some folks post about the miss, but nothing like I thought he was saying. I misunderstood what his point was. Certainly had Bryant kicked it into the endzone, it would have been much harder for the Cowboys to tie and force overtime. Noone can dispute that. It probably would have been a loss, but he did and the Cowboys fortunately won.

Amazing that they lead the division. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2003, 10:14 PM   #27
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Fah Q- yeah, I've seen some folks post about the miss, but nothing like I thought he was saying. I misunderstood what his point was. Certainly had Bryant kicked it into the endzone, it would have been much harder for the Cowboys to tie and force overtime. Noone can dispute that. It probably would have been a loss, but he did and the Cowboys fortunately won.

Amazing that they lead the division. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I agree they won the game but I thought people were knee jerking how good this team is.

This is a pro cowboy thread so I'll not bog down in anymore bashing though.

and as the most frustrating poster on this site says

GO COWBOYS
Old 10-05-2003, 10:26 PM   #28
QCarFan
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Quote:

I agree they won the game but I thought people were knee jerking how good this team is.

This is a pro cowboy thread so I'll not bog down in anymore bashing though.

and as the most frustrating poster on this site says

GO COWBOYS
glad to see some people can handle things with class, i commend you for that fah q

go cowboys.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:34 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

I wish some d*ckheads could not continue to post their ignorant rants of nothingness. Qtardfan...this means you. I know you don't get obvious posts so I thought I would clarify it.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:39 PM   #30
QCarFan
Golden Member

Quote:
I wish some d*ckheads could not continue to post their ignorant rants of nothingness. Qtardfan...this means you. I know you don't get obvious posts so I thought I would clarify it.
thanks drbio, appreciate it
Old 10-05-2003, 10:40 PM   #31
Drbio
Banned

No problem d*ckhead. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]