Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-25-2006, 06:31 PM   #41
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I liked it too (Studio 60).

I never got into west wing, but Sports Night was an Aaron Sorkin favorite of mine, and this had traces of that for sure. And Im a Matthew Perry fan. So ill def be giving this a watch this year.

I heard Heroes was good too....but I dont know....
Old 09-25-2006, 08:02 PM   #42
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

studio 60 is typical aaron sorkin. and by that i mean, pure TV genius. sports night remains the best sitcom of all time; west wing was phenomenal until he stopped writing it; and after one episode of studio 60, i'm convinced it'll be another awesome show.

unlike grey's anatomy--i'd rather have sex with a bag of coat hangers than watch that crap. and I just might.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:08 PM   #43
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

tivoing studio 60 tonight. i liked the pilot a lot. thought it was very entertaining. i don't like paulson, though. she's the weak link on the show, at least after one episode.. i think peet is very good, but she seems too young for that role. i never really watched west wing. watched sports night a few times and liked it, but didn't watch it religiously.

tivoing heroes, too. that's probably my most anticipated new show, although i honestly don't know much about it. i think it just looks cool.

bag of coat hangers = chick that is all bones
Old 09-25-2006, 09:49 PM   #44
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Wow, you guys with 8 TV's are just crazy. Do you really watch enough TV for it to be worth it? I'd rather have just 1-2 TV's and have like digital cable and NBA League Pass instead of the other 5.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 09-25-2006 at 09:50 PM.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:10 AM   #45
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
tivoing studio 60 tonight. i liked the pilot a lot. thought it was very entertaining. i don't like paulson, though. she's the weak link on the show, at least after one episode.. i think peet is very good, but she seems too young for that role. i never really watched west wing. watched sports night a few times and liked it, but didn't watch it religiously.

tivoing heroes, too. that's probably my most anticipated new show, although i honestly don't know much about it. i think it just looks cool.

Studio 60 was pretty damned good last night. Already looking forward to next week.....
Old 09-26-2006, 09:13 AM   #46
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well she's a hot bag of coat hangers
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:11 PM   #47
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

here we go again with the thursday night "bag of coat hangers" gayness after The Office is over.....

and what a great The Office it was...
Old 10-02-2006, 04:45 AM   #48
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

my tv lineup that i tivo or download from bittorrent:

watching this season:
monday: mnf, prison break, heroes
tuesday: house md
wed: one tree hill, lost
thursday: office, grey's anatomy, 6 degrees? (tenative), oc?
saturday: ncaa football
sunday: nfl football, desperate housewives

spring 2007?:
24, sopranos, curb your enthusiasm, entourage

HEROES BTW IS A GREAT SHOW

Last edited by nikeball; 10-02-2006 at 04:46 AM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:22 AM   #49
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

My job sucks. I work evenings, so i can't watch Studio 60 or Heroes. These two shows are the only non-reality tv shows i'ver ever actually anticipated seeing. Luckly, USA is showing Heroes tonight, so i get to watch that.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:24 AM   #50
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm not sold on Heroes yet.

Looking forward to Studio 60 again this week though. Seems like it could be a great show.

I miss 24 and Scrubs.....waiting for January.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:35 AM   #51
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

Looking forward to Studio 60 again this week though. Seems like it could be a great show.

In my recent memory, i've never been more pumped over a tv show than i am of Heroes. The thought of making a show of multiple superheroes is crazy.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:39 AM   #52
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

I agree on Heroes. It was mildly entertaining last week. I am curious to see a few more be discovered, and see how they interact with each other. I'm still giving it a chance.

And I'm just about ready to declare Studio 60 full blown greatness.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-02-2006 at 08:39 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:39 AM   #53
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

heroes looks promising. hopefully it gets a lot better as it gets rolling. the effects in the 2nd episode (based on the preview) look better.

i like the "what are you watching" post. This is how my week shapes up on the major network prime-time shows (I record other shows on other channels at other times... like Venture Brothers - what a great show. but i can't remember them all right now). thank goodness for dual-tuner TiVo!

Monday - The Class (just slightly average so far), How I Met Your Mother (Neil Patrick harris is greatness), Heroes, Studio 60

Tuesday - Friday Night Lights, Scrubs (when it returns - if it returns on tuesdays. The way NBC treates this show, it'll probably end up on Fridays)

Wednesday - Jericho (interesting premise - so far the execution has not been that great), 30 Rock, Lost

Thursday - My Name is Earl, The Office, Survivor, CSI, Grey's Anatomy

Friday - Nothing

Saturday - Nothing, except maybe football and SNL

Sunday - The Amazing Race, American Dad, Family Guy, Desperate Housewives
Old 10-02-2006, 10:21 AM   #54
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

the only shows I watch other than sports:

1. Lost
2. Colbert Report
3. The Office
4. My Nane is Earl
5. Scrubs
6. (and now...) Studio 60

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:08 AM   #55
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, Heroes officially has me hooked. That was a great episode.

Oh, and Studio 60 rules. Can Sorkin start writing skits for the real SNL?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-03-2006, 09:48 AM   #56
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm still not sold on Heroes. we were left saying "wtf?" Ill probably watch it next week though, just to figure out what in the hell is going on.

Studio 60 rocks. I'm a little dissappointed to hear that NBC isn't getting the ratings they expected to have for it....If this is another short lived Sports Night I'm going to be pissed....
Old 10-03-2006, 10:00 AM   #57
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

this episode of heroes definitely hooked me on for the long haul. but i agree, there are a lot of WTF moments, especially surrounding Ali Larter. it seems like she has the whole alter-ego Incredible Hulk type thing going on (although she probably doesn't change size...).

but why the hell would her alter ego clean up the garage, buy a new car, put the guys in the trunk, drive out to the desert and put a shovel in the ground? why not just bury the bodies itself?

the ending scene with Hiro was great.

Studio 60 was good again, but i think sorkin may need to hire some actual sketch comedy writers to his staff. the parts of the sketches they showed weren't that great. science shmience wasn't particularly funny.

the song from last week was good, though.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:05 AM   #58
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
this episode of heroes definitely hooked me on for the long haul. but i agree, there are a lot of WTF moments, especially surrounding Ali Larter. it seems like she has the whole alter-ego Incredible Hulk type thing going on (although she probably doesn't change size...).

but why the hell would her alter ego clean up the garage, buy a new car, put the guys in the trunk, drive out to the desert and put a shovel in the ground? why not just bury the bodies itself?

the ending scene with Hiro was great.

Studio 60 was good again, but i think sorkin may need to hire some actual sketch comedy writers to his staff. the parts of the sketches they showed weren't that great. science shmience wasn't particularly funny.

the song from last week was good, though.
That car was the thugs' car.

The alter ego didn't bury them herself because she didn't have that car with her. She had her actual old beater car at the time.

That doesn't really explain why she didn't to it all herself, necessarily, but it does explain why she'd go all the way out there with the shovel but not bury the bodies. Maybe she wanted her other self to know what happened to the bodies.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-03-2006, 10:17 AM   #59
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

wasn't her name on the registration in the glovebox?

also, looks like she's buried bodies out that way before...
Old 10-03-2006, 10:47 AM   #60
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
wasn't her name on the registration in the glovebox?

also, looks like she's buried bodies out that way before...
I thought that was an insurance card. I'll go back and check out the first episode. I could've sworn those guys drove up in that car.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-03-2006, 10:54 AM   #61
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Hmm. You could be right. I thought I recognized the car but I went back and looked and it's never seen in the first episode.

Still, I'm sure it will be explained. I am very intrigued by the show right now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #62
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ha ha, yeah, they better explain it! her character/power makes no sense right now.