Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-03-2006, 09:05 PM   #41
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
My question is, what the hell were you doing playing with Nash . Seriously, I can't bring myself to play with a team other than the Mavs unless I'm playing against another person.

My problem with live is that the transition defense it too good...you can't fast break. That's the first thing I appreciated when I started playing 2k
I was practicing for a tourney and i always use that team in tournies though they should be outlawed. I dont like that game though. BTW if you play 05, you can turn Yao into dirk. He can do spin moves and such and can beat every team but the pistons that way. About half of your shots are getting blocked when you play the pistons no matter who you play with and they turn rip hamilton into wade with a 3pt shot when the computer controls him.

The problem with the game is that its WAY too mechanical in its movements. 2k does a much better job of this.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #42
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

glad I wasted my money
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:13 PM   #43
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I guess that's the end of the Live era. Welcome the 2k series era!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:06 PM   #44
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I'm a little late to this thread--but I just looked at the full team ratings (they posted them over at ESPN.com), and they have DJ with the LOWEST vertical leap ability on the team at 25. Damp was either a 40 or 50. Those games are so stupid, they intentionally downgrade a guy even on a dimension where he's really strong just to make his overall rating not so good.

I'm intruiged by the posts that 2K7 is better, especially in Dynasty mode (which is what I prefer anyway). Maybe I'll check that one out.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:15 PM   #45
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Well, I just found out that NBA Live 07 isn't going to come out on GC, so it looks like I'm without a current basketball game for awhile

I'm probly going to pick up a PS2 cheap just so I can get Live or 2K7.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:17 PM   #46
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Amen

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:47 PM   #47
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
Looks like I'm a little late to this thread--but I just looked at the full team ratings (they posted them over at ESPN.com), and they have DJ with the LOWEST vertical leap ability on the team at 25. Damp was either a 40 or 50. Those games are so stupid, they intentionally downgrade a guy even on a dimension where he's really strong just to make his overall rating not so good.

I'm intruiged by the posts that 2K7 is better, especially in Dynasty mode (which is what I prefer anyway). Maybe I'll check that one out.
Look at the defense ratings for any superstar. It works on the same principal. They dont want to hurt the stars overall ratings too much so they try not to downgrade them. Sounds ok in theory but then you end with lebron with a 93 and Dirk with an 85 and Bruce Bowen with an 80 which is just retarded.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:52 AM   #48
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Live 07 is growing on me.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:30 AM   #49
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Live 07 is growing on me.
Then it must be in the same way a tumor grows on you...
Old 10-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #50
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of bought NBA 2k7 and it is absolutely awesome. I don't remember seeing many games in which the player's shot release is quite as well emulated as in this game. Very fun stuff, I might consider it buying it to play him on live.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:13 PM   #51
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

so, since i'm a huge dork and prefer the GM stuff to actually playing games...will 2K7 let me sim the games while managing everything else in Association mode?
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote