Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-27-2003, 10:17 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

What is your favorite team logo? It can be pro. minor league, any sport...whatever. Post them Here.

Example:

The Waco Wizards (a now defunct hockey team from the western professional hockey league)
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2003, 10:18 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

The Carolina Mudcats
Old 04-27-2003, 10:30 PM   #3
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 10:39 PM   #4
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I've always liked the Ice Bats logo. Actually, I think the Mavs logo is awesome. It's so clean & cool-looking. Good job on the redesign.
Old 04-27-2003, 10:42 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

The Western Professional Hockey League is well known for their awesome logos.
Old 04-27-2003, 10:49 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Corpus Christi Ice Rays
Old 04-27-2003, 10:51 PM   #7
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Cool, but I still like the Bats logo better.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 10:52 PM   #8
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Richmond Football Club

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 11:08 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

atlanta braves logo
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 12:31 AM   #10
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Actually, I was just messing around & found a couple of sites on this a while back. These are pretty good:

Chris Creamer's Sports Logos
Sports Logo Encyclopedia
& some other good links on this site

& oh yeah, a link to the worst hockey logos ever. Some of these are pretty funny. Sorry, Doc, the Wizards are on there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2003, 07:29 AM   #11
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Texas Rim Rockers. Very popular in the Oak Lawn area of Dallas.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 07:34 AM   #12
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Yet another gay themed minor league team
Old 04-28-2003, 07:39 AM   #13
madape
Diamond Member

I guess the nuggets didn't enjoy having a gay gold miner as their mascot. They killed this logo in 1981.

Nice socks!
Old 04-28-2003, 08:23 AM   #14
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

In case you don't know what it is:
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 08:28 AM   #15
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<<

I guess the nuggets didn't enjoy having a gay gold miner as their mascot. They killed this logo in 1981.

Nice socks!
>>

This logo is unfortunate.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 04-28-2003, 08:31 AM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Wow. I've never seen that nugs logo. Whoa Nellie!
Old 04-28-2003, 09:09 AM   #17
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

dooby, you're not dissing the sounds logo are you?

better not... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2003, 09:15 AM   #18
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:19 AM   #19
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Also another one I like.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

Old 04-28-2003, 09:27 AM   #20
Dooby
Diamond Member

<< dooby, you're not dissing the sounds logo are you?

better not... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
>>

No dude, I dig the Sounds logo. I like the name; I like the logo.

Old 04-28-2003, 09:39 AM   #21
Drbio
Banned

&quot;Sounds&quot; hokey. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2003, 10:18 AM   #22
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

good name, good logo, crappy stadium. but they're gonna be building new one down by the titans stadium... should be nice. as long as they continue &quot;thirsty thursdays&quot; ($1 beer on thursdays), they'll get fans.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:00 AM   #23
Drbio
Banned

The Rockhounds logo reminds me of the Flintstones. But I like it.

Minor league logos are always cooler than the top level pros.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:03 AM   #24
Drbio
Banned

<< Actually, I was just messing around &amp; found a couple of sites on this a while back. These are pretty good:

Chris Creamer's Sports Logos
Sports Logo Encyclopedia
&amp; some other good links on this site

&amp; oh yeah, a link to the worst hockey logos ever. Some of these are pretty funny. Sorry, Doc, the Wizards are on there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
>>

Some of those weren't that bad. And for the record, the Wizards logo was voted the best logo of the year one year. I forget by who. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:04 AM   #25
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

<< The Rockhounds logo reminds me of the Flintstones. But I like it.

Minor league logos are always cooler than the top level pros.
>>

Yea but Damn that Frisco Rough Riders logo looks like a big bag of crap. Surely they could have done better than that. I was thinking about buying a couple of shirts that had the Rough Riders on them until I saw them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2003, 11:07 AM   #26
Drbio
Banned

I was hoping for abetter, but the Astros have a minor league team in Kissimmee, Florida. They are now known as the Osceola County Astros, but years ago they went by the Kissimmee Astros. The only logo I can find now is the regular astros logo. bummer.

Kissimmee Astros. Classic.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:59 PM   #27
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

<<

The Carolina Mudcats
>>

2nd best minor league of all time to the Durham Bulls.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 06:58 PM   #28
sa_mavs_fan

sa_mavs_fan is on a distinguished road

Detroit Pistons, Tennessee Titans, and the Houston Texans' logo are cool.