Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-12-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default Pauly Shore gets knocked the f' out

I'm guessing this'll be the weasel's first and last gig in Odessa Texas.

"Hit 'em!"
Old 12-12-2006, 02:20 PM   #2
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

wow. I can't believe people were laughing.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:20 PM   #3
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.
I've had the displeasure of opening for Pauley twice. Both times I was also put in charge of his "diva" list. I had to scour Knoxville TN for specific brands of tuna, honey, wooden stools, iced tea, grahm crackers and wine. He couldn't just have tuna, It had to be Bumble Bee Tuna. Talk about a DIVA. I was working as the house MC at the time and was friendly with the staff, the shit he put those guys through was ridiculous. Yet, Pauley is such an anomaly in comedy, he charges $35 a ticket, and draws allot of people who would never normally come to a comedy club. His show sell out fast. It's like a riot at all his shows, people who don't know the etiquette of a comedy club and are just there to see a celebrity. If anyone had this coming it was Pauley.

With that said, this scares the crap out of me. Where the hell was the security? Why do people think it's cool to ruin a show for everyone else? and Why do people get off on shit like this?

I have been in more than one situation on stage where I have grabbed a mic stand and been ready to swing it at a redneck approaching the stage. This kinda thing is disgusting, no performer should have to fear for their safety on any stage. In my opinion this is no better than the asshole who shot Dimebag.

I hate Pauley, he is over paid and under talented.
But this sets a bad precedent.

Oh and my mom asked me to get an autograph, he sighned it "To Rob's Mama" what a dick.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:54 PM   #4
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

the cowboys hat was still on!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:05 PM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
wow. I can't believe people were laughing.
I'm sorry. I shouldn't have laughed either.

But some Cowboy knocking out a LA wisecrack artist is still kind of funny to me.

Please forgive.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:10 PM   #6
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i laughed..and im probably going to show it to my boss..and were going to laugh together...

it is crazy..and it is wrong..and disturbing....and sad..but also its awwwwessome!
Old 12-12-2006, 03:11 PM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

on a side note. i think pauly shore has been due for an ass beating for being such a quere for so many years....

Last edited by MavsX; 12-12-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:08 PM   #8
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
on a side note. i think pauly shore has been due for an ass beating for being such a quere for so many years....
This statement is much more disturbing than the video.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:58 PM   #9
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

The security guard and/or his company is going to get sued, and they should. Obviously, the guard let the guy punch Shore BEFORE intervening.

I don't care for Pauly Shore, and he showed zero common sense in continuing to taunt the guy when he got on stage with him, but there is no excuse for what the bully did.

Performers, even if they suck, shouldn't have to fear physical violence. And nightclubs should be responsible and have security in place, especially if they're going to serve alcohol to their patrons.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:04 PM   #10
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

kg,

I don't feel like watching the video again, but I thought Shore apologized to the guy once he got on stage, trying to avoid a punch.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:14 PM   #11
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

All,

Just heard that this video may have been staged for attention. Don't have time to find a source, but this someone else may.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:54 PM   #12
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
All,

Just heard that this video may have been staged for attention. Don't have time to find a source, but this someone else may.
Yea, it looked pretty staged to me. He even moved out of the way as he was being punched. I don't think he really got punched. That's probably why the crowd laughed through the whole thing.

Last edited by Windmill360; 12-12-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:13 PM   #13
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

SaltwaterChaffy - Shore apologized half-heartedly, then kept talking about how the guy in the audience should have just "shut the (bleep) up."

As for it being staged, that's certainly possible. Shore didn't react like a normal person who is physically threatened. He neither ran nor prepared to defend himself. Normally, you'd expect a person to do one or the other. Also, it seems highly unlikely that security would have just stood there. The guy was on stage a good 30-45 seconds before he punched Shore.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:27 PM   #14
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

whether staged or not...this is pretty much the first time anybody's heard the words "Pauly Shore" in a decade. maybe it's a good career move. 'course, i still won't watch anything he's ever done/will do.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:50 PM   #15
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

boba,

How could you forget this gem?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minding_the_Store

Old 12-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #16
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
whether staged or not...this is pretty much the first time anybody's heard the words "Pauly Shore" in a decade. maybe it's a good career move. 'course, i still won't watch anything he's ever done/will do.
how was that video a good career move? I have an idea let me get knocked the F out on video, that way people will ask me to be in their movies or tv shows..or maybe people will buy more tickets to my shows...do i need to keep going?

I don't think anybody in their right mind would do this thinking it would help their career. It is a sad video and disturbing.

Show me a link where pauly shore says it was a hoax..and then i will eat my shoe..just like flacolaco...
Old 12-12-2006, 09:47 PM   #17
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

You stay classy, Odessa.

Seriously. Texas will never shed its stereotypical image with shit like this. I'm embarrassed.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:11 AM   #18
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
how was that video a good career move? I have an idea let me get knocked the F out on video, that way people will ask me to be in their movies or tv shows..or maybe people will buy more tickets to my shows...do i need to keep going?

I don't think anybody in their right mind would do this thinking it would help their career. It is a sad video and disturbing.

Show me a link where pauly shore says it was a hoax..and then i will eat my shoe..just like flacolaco...
It's called desperation, my friend.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:59 AM   #19
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I call fake.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:17 AM   #20
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if it was staged or not.
But as someone with Pauly's job (not his draw) I can say first hand that when someone approaches the stage like that, the first thing you do is try to maintain control of the audience.
It appeared like he was giving this situation a chance to play out.
Most of the time the idiot from the audience will set a ball on a tee for you to a home run with if you give him enough time, i..e keep him talking and he will say something stupid enough for you to get the crowd back on your side.
I was in Jacksonville NC a few months ago and was in a similar situation. It was military town and a military bar, I talked to allot of people before the show to get a read on the crowd before the show. I did a bit on suvs with yellow ribbon and the hypocrisy of saying you support the troops but still wasting gas. Most of the crowd got and appreciated the bit. One couple did not. They both approached the stage screaming about how I was against the troops, obviously they didn't get it. Fortunately the guy was a Sergeant that a couple of guys were looking for an excuse to jump and before he got to me his ass was handed to him by some guys twice my size. More and more things like this are happening and it ain't cool.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:44 PM   #21
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Funny! looked kinda fake though

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:09 AM   #22
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

criticism from the person who refers to Shore earlier in this thread as a "quere."

how do i begin to respond?

ok, here goes. see, you were never in movies or tv shows (i assume; if you were, maybe you should pursue Pauly's strategy). so you getting punched in the face on video isn't going to get you back into them. however, Pauly Shore had a career once upon a time--was a well known name, in fact--but has been incognito for a decade (other than, apparently, a tv show last year--you must spread more rep around before giving it to SaltwaterChaffy again). so staged or not, suddenly Pauly Shore's name is popping up again. maybe it helps his career, maybe it doesn't (my post was obviously tongue-in-cheek, but you seem to have missed that--how "quere" of you). I'll say this though--if it does get him a movie part, and he makes a million bucks, how is that not worth a punch in the nose?
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:18 AM   #23
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
how was that video a good career move?

I don't think it was real either. Security took too long to respond.

Pauly Shore has done similar stupid stunts before. Remember the movie he made called "Paulie Shore is dead"?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:55 AM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1707082934

Caution language

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-21-2007 at 02:58 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:37 AM   #25
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
In my opinion this is no better than the asshole who shot Dimebag.
You took the words right out of my mouth (well, sorta.) That's exactly what I thought when I saw this video.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:49 AM   #26
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
You took the words right out of my mouth (well, sorta.) That's exactly what I thought when I saw this video.
Until you realized it was fake.....right?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:07 PM   #27
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Until you realized it was fake.....right?
Any confirmation of this? Looks real enough to me.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:08 PM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
confirmation which is why the thread was bumped.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:34 PM   #29
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

ah, my bad.