Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #401
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Just like everyone assumed Ron Artest wouldn't work.
And just like I assumed that the Celtics weren't going to win with just KG, Pierce, and Allen. I think there's some denial going on right now, just like there was when I was looking at the Celtics post-KG deal.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #402
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all

http://kissmyasslebron.com/ <-- lol they are fast
Old 07-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #403
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
And just like I assumed that the Celtics weren't going to win with just KG, Pierce, and Allen. I think there's some denial going on right now, just like there was when I was looking at the Celtics post-KG deal.
I wish this was not a valid point.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #404
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How is LeWadeBosh LESS likely to work than Artest?
I don't want to discuss this situation in comparison to Artest. If you want to, that is cool.

I tend to think that you can't just buy championships. There are so many intangibles in this thing...so many chances for it to go so bad for them.

Will they get their shots at it in time...I'm sure. I just don't see it happening next season.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #405
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Whoever is coaching the Heat now (Eric something?) is about to get fired to make room for you know who.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #406
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whoever is coaching the Heat now (Eric something?) is about to get fired to make room for you know who.
It wouldn't be Riley if he just let some other coach have all the glory.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 07-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #407
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ESPN Radio in Florida is reporting that Shaq will sign for the minimum to return to Miami.
They wont have a problem to fill the roster.

Shaq + Kurt Thomas/Anthony/Nesterovic and its okay.

PG: Farmer as example.

SG: Eddie House, Raja Bell...

Riley will fill the roster with hard working guys that know how to play defense and knock down open shots. And more they dont need.

Last edited by sefant77; 07-08-2010 at 10:00 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:06 PM   #408
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Shaq is really going to sign for the minimum? That's really odd. I kind of thought Shaq was going to the highest bidder. I can't figure out why Shaq is honestly still playing, and given his spending habits, I was beginning to wonder if he could afford not to.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 07-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #409
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I know where Kidd signs in 2012...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:22 PM   #410
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I know where Kidd signs in 2012...
More like Chris Paul...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #411
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Beasley's apparently getting flipped to Minny for a 2nd round pick. Yup. The Heat sure did get some great value there.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #412
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Beasley's apparently getting flipped to Minny for a 2nd round pick. Yup. The Heat sure did get some great value there.
At this point they're like F-It...we're just doing whatever it takes. Those second rounders they got this year are probably even luckier than Bosh.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #413
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
I guess they are trying to get The Big 3 as close to max deals as they can.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 07-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #414
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gi...er_100708.html

At least they're taking the high road...
Old 07-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #415
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post

If LeBron is found dead in an alley somewhere tomorrow, I think this can used as evidence. Especially this part:

Quote:
"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 07-08-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #416
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:

Gilbert had to be completely wasted when he wrote this. Comic Sans font? Really?

He wanted to throw down, right then and there. If LeBron's Twitter is hacked tomorrow, we know who did it folks.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:11 AM   #417
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for posting this here. Have you guys experienced a virus alert when you visited the startpage ?

Last edited by GermanDunk; 07-09-2010 at 12:14 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:30 AM   #418
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Sorry for posting this here. Have you guys experienced a virus alert when you visited the startpage ?
I think you are looking for this thread:

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36460

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 07-09-2010, 12:35 AM   #419
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, FIN. I navigate very carefully since my Antivir found some bugs and i use only my bookmarks sine then.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:55 AM   #420
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Reports coming out that Mike Miller is signing in Miami.

Okay. That sort of sucks.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #421
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

So within hours of LeDecision, Miami has already recruited a center and a sharpshooter?
Old 07-09-2010, 01:15 AM   #422
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
So within hours of LeDecision, Miami has already recruited a center and a sharpshooter?
Yup...people worried about them not being able to find people were foolish. If you've already got those people there, you don't mind be the role player for that. Just build yourself up (maybe take a 1-2 year deal) and get paid on the next contract if it all works out.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:28 AM   #423
FINtastic
Diamond Member

And that team is going to be a sharpshooter's dream. If there's a team that will increase your value as a sharpshooter, it would be one where Wade and LeBron are taking turns slashing to the basket.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 07-09-2010, 02:35 AM   #424
FINtastic
Diamond Member

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,6830775.story

Apparently the Beasley money went to Miller and not the Big 3. Miller got a nice chunk of change - 5 years, $30 mil - to sign with the Heat.

This is all I have to say to Minnesota:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54#t=0m18s

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 07-09-2010 at 02:57 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:33 AM   #425
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Dang, have you'll seen Dan Gilbert's open letter? When I first read it I thought it was an internet joke. I think LeBron is most likely a giant douchebag and all, but don't you maybe wait a few days before going all scorched earth out in public like that?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:35 AM   #426
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, this makes the regular season seem even more pointless than before, and I didn't think that was possible.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #427
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
The Celtics had a much, much better supporting cast than the Heat do right now.

Adding Miller certainly helps them, but do you understand that the rest of their roster is going to be vet minimum guys? They're going to have 10 players on their roster that sign for the vet minimum.

I'm not saying they won't be good. They will. But acting like it's pointless to even try? That they're penciled in for the Finals? That's absurd.

If one of them gets hurt they're screwed. The drop off in talent from their starters to their bench is going to be incredible.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-09-2010 at 07:40 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:42 AM   #428
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yup...people worried about them not being able to find people were foolish. If you've already got those people there, you don't mind be the role player for that. Just build yourself up (maybe take a 1-2 year deal) and get paid on the next contract if it all works out.
Takes a three year deal to get Bird rights and get paid.

I'm on record as saying that they will very likely add nice pieces with their MLE every year. But they're done adding players of any worth at this point. And I'll say it again: They're not winning anything with this year's roster.

Maybe I'm fantastically wrong, but I don't think so.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-09-2010, 09:06 AM   #429
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Takes a three year deal to get Bird rights and get paid.

I'm on record as saying that they will very likely add nice pieces with their MLE every year. But they're done adding players of any worth at this point. And I'll say it again: They're not winning anything with this year's roster.

Maybe I'm fantastically wrong, but I don't think so.
Oh I agree that they won't win this year...if you're in the East or someone outside of the Lakers in the West, this is the year you have to push it all in the middle and make one more big push (hint hint).

They might be able to convince a player or two to take the vet min. and really be a surprise, but I think that's it for this year.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #430
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have to see what that roster looks like before I make a call. Seems like a 50/50 chance at this point.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #431
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Is Shaq just rumor at this point?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #432
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Have they recovered LeBron's bullet-riddled corpse yet?

Old 07-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #433
sike
The Preacha

WojYahooNBA

There's no agreement for Mike Miller in Miami, his agent, Bob Myers says. The Heat are still frontrunners over CHI and NY other sources say.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #434
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
WojYahooNBA

There's no agreement for Mike Miller in Miami, his agent, Bob Myers says. The Heat are still frontrunners over CHI and NY other sources say.
Subsequent tweet said Miller's simply waiting for the big three to sign so they can work out how much they can pay Miller.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #435
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
WojYahooNBA

Chicago and New York need to step it up, then.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #436
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Chicago and New York need to step it up, then.
Miller seems to be a perfect fit for DanToney...

Old 07-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #437
Underdog

Can't play offense without a point guard, can't play defense without a center...

If Shaq is your best STARTING option, then you're in trouble...

Old 07-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #438
Underdog

Quote:
"It's not about him leaving," Gilbert said. "It's the disrespect. It's time for people to hold these athletes accountable for their actions. Is this the way you raise your children? I've been holding this all in for a long time."
Wow, Dan Gilbert is pissed!

EDIT: boy, I'm glad Dirk didn't rip our hearts out like that when he had the chance...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-09-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:16 PM   #439
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
The Celtics had a much, much better supporting cast than the Heat do right now.

Adding Miller certainly helps them, but do you understand that the rest of their roster is going to be vet minimum guys? They're going to have 10 players on their roster that sign for the vet minimum.

I'm not saying they won't be good. They will. But acting like it's pointless to even try? That they're penciled in for the Finals? That's absurd.

If one of them gets hurt they're screwed. The drop off in talent from their starters to their bench is going to be incredible.
The Celtics supporting cast turned out to be good, but I think you are forgetting how terrible that supporting cast looked heading into the season. They had a starting point guard who was drafted late in the first round, had underperformed at Kentucky, and had an erratic rookie year. They had a starting center who completely underwhelmed with a PER of 9.5 the season before. While Rondo was more talented than anyone the Heat will be able to add this year, I still can't help but get the notion that him and Perkins stepped up their game because they got the chance to work alongside three potential hall-of-famers day after day.

I'm certainly not one of the people here acting like it's pointless to try, but you seem to be taking the opposite approach by trying to write off their season before it ever happens. I completely disagree with the notion that they aren't going to find a way to be a contender. When you have that much talent in your top three, you can find a way to fill in the rest.

And yes, they will be pretty screwed if one of their top three suffers a major injury. But of course any contending team that suffers a major injury to one of their top two or three players is generally cooked. The Lakers were able to fight through Bynum's injuries, but I doubt they could have done the same with Kobe and Pau.

Honestly watching that Heat team try to put it all together will be by far the most compelling plot line of the season. Because we're about to find out how important a supporting cast is when you are building around three players who are that good.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 07-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #440
Underdog

First game of the season - LeBron and Wade get in a tangle that results in career-ending knee injuries for both of them.

David Stern pulls Satan's c*ck out of his mouth and weeps...

Tags
kingqueef's presents, yawn