Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-19-2020, 12:25 AM   #1161
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
PF is still looking shaky as heck. Really only DFS and Kleber although at 6’9” Doncic isn’t terrible at bodying up most PFs
And that makes Josh Green pick is even more questionable with the other moves we made. Bey could have played PF or we could have picked Achiuwa.

But I'll reserve judgement on Green until he gets a chance to prove me wrong.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2020, 12:37 AM   #1162
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
People are going to love Richardson. Crazy good two-way player

I think Green will be a fan favorite

Terry is going to make us forget Curry while hopefully defending and staying healthy.

Bey? I doubt he gets PT
Getting Richardson and Doe on the same team is a steal. We NEEDED this. Needed some bark and some bite. One area that was evident during that clippers matchup. These two guys pride themselves on defense. If Richardson can consistently knock down that 3. Rick's gonna do wonders with him and dorian.

Green is a plus of course and his development will be great to watch.

Don't know much about tyrell but based on some opinions (johnston Tjarks etc..) we might've gotten an off the bench torch in development

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 12:39 AM   #1163
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Green is definitely growing on me. The Justin Anderson comparison doesn’t hold water because Green has much more functional athleticism. When we are winning championships in a few years we’ll be look back at the 2018 and 2020 drafts.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:40 AM   #1164
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
PF is still looking shaky as heck. Really only DFS and Kleber although at 6’9” Doncic isn’t terrible at bodying up most PFs
We have the MLE so I expect that will be used on a PF
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 12:48 AM   #1165
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Lets dump Wright and his 21-22 salary. He has no place on this team with all the new guys. Some team is going to be desperate for some depth (Warriors, Portland etc)
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 12:50 AM   #1166
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I really don't get why the Sixers even made that move.......I know Doc is his father in law but sheesh....
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 12:59 AM   #1167
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I really don't get why the Sixers even made that move.......I know Doc is his father in law but sheesh....
They are absolutely DESPERATE for shooters. We were desperate for perimeter defense. Makes sense for both teams, but yeah I feel like we got the better deal.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 01:05 AM   #1168
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I'm just glad the Mavs finally got a pair of wing players that have size to defend in Richardson and Green.

Having said that I'm not going to act like Curry is easy to replace.

Dude was a elite shooter 49% from the fg and 45% from 3pt range if I'm not mistaken. I don't expect any of the new players to match those numbers.

I'm going to miss Seth but I'm glad he's going to a really good situation and fits great with Simmons and Embid.

Mavs sacrificed some of that #1 offense to get better defense and I think it'll make them much better in playoff matchups.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 01:05 AM   #1169
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I'm just glad the Mavs finally got a pair of wing players that have size to defend in Richardson and Green.

Having said that I'm not going to act like Curry is easy to replace.

Dude was a elite shooter 49% from the fg and 45% from 3pt range if I'm not mistaken. I don't expect any of the new players to match those numbers.

I'm going to miss Seth but I'm glad he's going to a really good situation and fits great with Simmons and Embid.

Mavs sacrificed some of that #1 offense to get better defense and I think it'll make them much better in playoff matchups.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:13 AM   #1170
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Nice.

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1329303847647535104

Old 11-19-2020, 01:14 AM   #1171
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Nice.

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1329303847647535104

Old 11-19-2020, 01:19 AM   #1172
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
We have some pieces for C. Wood.

https://youtu.be/4IFsE38cJto

Swap dFS with Wood starting and that's a lot for teams to handle.
I think you underrate DFS....

I personally don't think Wood would start over him because DFS is the more versatile defender and he gives RC more flexibility in using him defensively from 1-4.

I think you need both him and Richardson on the floor together defensively because it allows you to hide Luka.

You can't do that with Wood who most likely only defends a 4 or 5 man.

DFS is also a proven starter on a playoff team where as Wood put up good numbers but let's keep in mind it was for a bad Pistons team and he only did it for like 20-30 games not even a half a season.

But I feel like RC really likes DFS and unless your getting an All star he's going to start at the 4.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:21 AM   #1173
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post

I personally don't think Wood would start over him because DFS is the more versatile defender and he gives RC more flexibility in using him defensively from 1-4.

I think you need both him and Richardson on the floor together defensively because it allows you to hide Luka.

DFS is also a proven starter on a playoff team where as Wood put up good numbers but let's keep in mind it was for a bad Pistons team and he only did it for like 20-30 games not even a half a season.

But I feel like RC really likes DFS and unless your getting an All star he's going to start at the 4.
Is DFS a actual 4? Seems like he can play the 3.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:07 AM   #1174
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Very good night for the Mavs.
Seth for Rich just made a ton of sense and getting the pick was a bonus.

Probably would have rather seen them take S. Bey instead of Green but Green has more upside and gives us incredible and much needed athleticism.

DFS, Green, Bey and Richardson give us some serious defense at the wings and the best part is just how damn young we are.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:22 AM   #1175
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Luka/Brunson/Terry
THJ/Burke/Wright
Richardson/Green/Jackson
DFS/Maxi/Bey
KP/Powell/WCS/Boban

Nice young team to build on.

Wright and Jackson need to be moved and I'd still like to see us re-sign Burke.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:22 AM   #1176
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Luka/Brunson/Terry
THJ/Burke/Wright
Richardson/Green/Jackson
DFS/Maxi/Bey
KP/Powell/WCS/Boban

Nice young team to build on.

Wright and Jackson need to be moved and I'd still like to see us re-sign Burke.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:23 AM   #1177
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Selling high on Seth was the right move. Wish we could have done it for Thybulle but getting Richardson + another stab at a wing prospect in Bey is absolutely a win.
Exactly this. Sell high on Seth. I love the guy and He’s one of the best shooters on the planet, but he’s always dinged up. And he’s not getting any younger. Richardson is durable and a better defender and younger. Hopefully his shooting ticks up here playing with Luka and better spacing. It should.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:36 AM   #1178
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Man we just got so much longer, younger and more athletic overnight. Feels good. Now just get a 4/5 in FA and we set.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 05:03 AM   #1179
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Man we just got so much longer, younger and more athletic overnight. Feels good. Now just get a 4/5 in FA and we set.
It really is a shame that WCS is/was in Carlisle's doghouse. Seems like we could really use him this year.
Old 11-19-2020, 05:46 AM   #1180
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
It really is a shame that WCS is/was in Carlisle's doghouse. Seems like we could really use him this year.
He wasn't in anybody's dog house.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 05:49 AM   #1181
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
He wasn't in anybody's dog house.
Had me fooled considering we almost never saw him.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:41 AM   #1182
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Bobby Karalla@bobbykaralla
@The_BBall_Index
Josh Richardson spent 32 percent of his possessions last season defending point guards. That's going to be an important addition to the Mavs, who at times struggled to match up with 1s, and obviously is important when Luka is your 1 on offense.

Another 38 percent of his possessions were spent against 2s. Defensive versatility on the perimeter was the most important area to address. Richardson and Finney-Smith are two plus perimeter defenders in the starting lineup, if nothing else changes.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 06:41 AM   #1183
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Bobby Karalla@bobbykaralla
@The_BBall_Index
Josh Richardson spent 32 percent of his possessions last season defending point guards. That's going to be an important addition to the Mavs, who at times struggled to match up with 1s, and obviously is important when Luka is your 1 on offense.

Another 38 percent of his possessions were spent against 2s. Defensive versatility on the perimeter was the most important area to address. Richardson and Finney-Smith are two plus perimeter defenders in the starting lineup, if nothing else changes.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:23 AM   #1184
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs desperately need more shooting now. If you’re going to have someone that can break down a defense like Doncic, it makes all the sense in the world to have an elite shooter somewhere on the team.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:24 AM   #1185
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Double post.

Last edited by Murphy3; 11-19-2020 at 07:26 AM.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:26 AM   #1186
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
They are absolutely DESPERATE for shooters. We were desperate for perimeter defense. Makes sense for both teams, but yeah I feel like we got the better deal.
The Mavs kinda need shooters now.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:35 AM   #1187
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Do they? I don't think that was ever something they lacked last season, and supposedly Tyrell Terry is the best shooter in this draft.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:34 AM   #1188
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well let's not assume KP is on the floor all the time. 2 highly mobile 7 ft shot blockers is nothing to sneeze at.

I don't under value DFS as a whole. He is good. But he isn't giving you ANY of what KP does, and he isn't holding his own vs big PF or centers either.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:29 AM   #1189
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Is DFS a actual 4? Seems like he can play the 3.
I think his natural position is 3.

But we all know RC is going to play small as much as possible and KP is no longer viewed as a 4 in Dallas.

The best part about this draft is that Dallas for once locked in on wings with size.

Now when they play small they at least can do it with legit 6'6 or 6'7 guys at the wing instead of having lineups that force THJ and Seth Curry both out their with Luka trying to defend guys like Leonard and George.

In the playoffs we got exposed for being undersized defensively and honestly this is a breath of fresh air to have a roster that now has more balance in the way it's constructed.

That was my biggest complaint for years.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:30 AM   #1190
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Dallas41;1482060]I think his natural position is 3.

But we all know RC is going to play small as much as possible and KP is no longer viewed as a 4 in Dallas.

The best part about this draft is that Dallas for once locked in on wings with size.

Now when they play small they at least can do it with legit 6'6 or 6'7 guys at the wing instead of having lineups that force THJ and Seth Curry both out their with Luka trying to defend guys like Leonard and George.

In the playoffs we got exposed for being undersized defensively and honestly this is a breath of fresh air to have a roster that now has more balance in the way it's constructed.

That was my biggest complaint for years.[/QUOTE
]

No doubt

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:33 AM   #1191
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
They honestly only lost Seth.

Which is a huge deal no doubt. But I'd love to see them bring back Burke to alleviate some of that loss.

Maybe they make a play for Bogdanovic...
Old 11-19-2020, 09:36 AM   #1192
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs contracts
1) KP
2) Richardson
3) Powell
4) Wright
5) Kleber
6) Doncic
7) DFS
8) Boban
9) Justin
10) Brunson
11) Green (guaranteed 1st rounder)
12)
13)
---inactive---
14)
15)
---two-way players-----
16) Nate Hinton
17) Freddie Gillespie

other
THJ - Player option to be decided today by 4pm
Terry - second-round pick. Contract is optional
Bey - second-round pick. Contract is optional
We will either have significant cap space if THJ opts out or we'll have the 9.8mill MLE

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-19-2020 at 09:52 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:43 AM   #1193
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:

Which is a huge deal no doubt. But I'd love to see them bring back Burke to alleviate some of that loss.

Yeah... but he was the only elite shooter they had. I know a couple of players flashed last year such as Burke and Hardaway, but it is not indicative of what they’ve done throughout their careers. So now you have an elite level playmaker that’s going to be passing it out to largely average 3pt shooters. I don’t know that this will get it done in today’s NBA. Obviously, they are not done... but they need a guy just like the one they traded away.

Last edited by Murphy3; 11-19-2020 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:49 AM   #1194
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

If THJ opts-in and we sign both second-rounders, we have one more roster spot. There were rumors we'd re-sign JJB (as a player?). That would be the roster for next year.

However, Donnie had a quote last night:

Quote:
"We're not done yet," Nelson said, alluding to Friday's start of free agency. "We still want to get this team better on both sides of the ball."
Old 11-19-2020, 09:49 AM   #1195
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

If THJ opts-in and we sign both second-rounders, we have one more roster spot. There were rumors we'd re-sign JJB (as a player?). That would be the roster for next year.

However, Donnie had a quote last night:

Quote:
"We're not done yet," Nelson said, alluding to Friday's start of free agency. "We still want to get this team better on both sides of the ball."
Old 11-19-2020, 09:54 AM   #1196
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Do they? I don't think that was ever something they lacked last season, and supposedly Tyrell Terry is the best shooter in this draft.
Yeah, they could use an elite shooter. And they have to hope that Hardaway’s shooting is something that can be replicated....Clearly the Mavs aren’t done. We will see how it pans out.

Last edited by Murphy3; 11-19-2020 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:08 AM   #1197
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, they could use an elite shooter. And they have to hope that Hardaway’s shooting is something that can be replicated....Clearly the Mavs aren’t done. We will see how it pans out.
Saad Yousuf
@SaadYousuf126

Playing with Luka last year resulted in career-best 3-point shooting percentages for:
Seth Curry
Maxi Kleber
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Dorian Finney-Smith.

The Luka effect is very real. Mavs are betting on it.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 10:15 AM   #1198
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Saad Yousuf
@SaadYousuf126

Playing with Luka last year resulted in career-best 3-point shooting percentages for:
Seth Curry
Maxi Kleber
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Dorian Finney-Smith.

The Luka effect is very real. Mavs are betting on it.
REp!
Old 11-19-2020, 10:29 AM   #1199
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Steph Curry is arguably the best shooter in the league. You lose him. If Terry can come right in and contribute like that then I’d say they don’t lack shooting but I don’t think he’s a solution for next season.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:32 AM   #1200
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

I think the fear I have is that in the bubble you basically had THjr who’s usually streaky but I don’t think you’d call him a pure shooter. Then those minutes of Steph will go to Richardson who’s even more streaky. If I can find a Gallinari type I think that can be the missing link to making the playoffs next year.