Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-21-2011, 01:08 AM   #121
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
No one calls Carmelo equal to him. No one.

Who are "these people". If you mean Jo Schmo off the street, perhaps.
You are such an idiot.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:13 AM   #122
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I don't consider Joe Schmo off the street to be anyone. Joe Schmo off the street thinks Yao Ming is an all-star. Are we really weighing the opinions of Joe Schmo in a serious basketball conversation?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:15 AM   #123
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't consider Joe Schmo off the street to be anyone. Joe Schmo off the street thinks Yao Ming is an all-star. Are we really weighing the opinions of Joe Schmo in a serious basketball conversation?
Nice attempt not to look like an idiot. Your idiot is still showing however. Tuck that bitch in please. It is embarrassing.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:04 AM   #124
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Dirk and Melo are similar? In what galaxy? Only thing they have in common is that both are superstars.
well Dtownsfinest- You really can't see the simularity of their game. What thischarmingfan posted was sort of what I was refering too. The both are score mostly from meduim to long range. Dirks game is more like a small forward than a PF. Neither are considered post players or guards. When you have limited resources as the salary cap dictates to the NBA teams. And believe me what it would take to get Carmelo would pretty much expend the Mavs leaving them little else to work with.) you must use what resources you have in the most efficiant manner available. You don't double up in like positions at the superstar level. That is a very inefficiant use of resources.

Those resources would be better spent aquiring a guard or a low post scorer. Acquiring Carmelo would cost them a position that they are weak in. An athletic and fast guard that can score off the dribble and play defense against the top quick point guards. And don't even suggest that JJB is a long term answer for that. With Roddy gone that would mean the Mavs would have to start from scratch to aquire a versitile guard to fill that spot. This is what I meant by a more complementory player. Roddy would complement either one of them better than they would each other. Haven't you learned a lesson from the Miami Heat who were supposed to run over everyone. The reality is that LeBron and Wade while still great players would be far more efficiant individually than they are together because they are both more effective when they have the ball in their hands rather than moving with out the ball. They represent a doubled up skill. If you took either one and subsituted an all star center they would be a much better team. They also are really in a real bind when they have to face a quick point guard like Rhondo. The celtics height and quickness at the point is something they have no answer to.

There were a lot of fans who believed that putting those three all stars together would guaranty them the title. Think of the adjustment period they went through just to move up to being a viable contender. Whether players would be complimentory to each other is a major consideration in trading for or bringing them on a team. And it isn't just if Carmelo would be complementory to Dirk but also the rest of this team. This team is built on ball movement and balenced scoring. Bringing on a player who needs a lot of touches and shots like Carmelo does would negate the effectiveness of the res of the team. Dirk is able to play with them I doubt Carmelo could. The cost involved to just get another scorer who can make his own shots would not be worth the price.

Oh by the way Carmelo is not entirely stupid. He wants to go play with Stademire who is more of a low post finisher. They would not occupy the same space on offense.

Last edited by wilmtalk; 02-21-2011 at 03:09 AM.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:31 AM   #125
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
This is what I meant by a more complementory player. Roddy would complement either one of them better than they would each other.
Totally agree on that.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #126
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Don't draft Jordan, cause you've already got Clyde Drexler
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #127
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who are "these people". If you mean Jo Schmo off the street, perhaps. I'm talking about actual coaches, players, GMs, basketball analysts, etc.
If you limit it to coaches and GM's then I think you're right.

Once you include players and analysts, however, I think you become very, very wrong.

Charles Barkley called Carmelo the best scorer in the league multiple times this weekend. The list of people taken ahead of Dirk in TNT's fantasy legends draft included Reggie Miller and Ray Allen. And heck, even when Kerr took him he kept referring to him as a great "shooter". Dirk is viewed, by many, many people, as a great shooter. Not as one of the best pure scorers the game has ever seen.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #128
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Does anyone think the Lakers are a little too quiet? Something is gotta give there, and you can bet they are getting much more in return than they are giving away...
Old 02-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #129
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa View Post
Does anyone think the Lakers are a little too quiet? Something is gotta give there, and you can bet they are getting much more in return than they are giving away...
Outside of the Gasol deal...when do they make trades in-season?
Old 02-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #130
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Outside of the Gasol deal...when do they make trades in-season?
They don't but you RARELY hear about them in trade rumors and usually when that happens there's atleast something to the rumors. I think every team is probably throwing trade scenarios out there but I don't think its for a top tier talent. Probably a role player. Excluding Melo of course. I don't think Deron or Paul are being the subject of many trade talks. If they are they are ended very quickly.

I hear alot about this Melo to Laker talk and I just don't think the Lakers give up Bynum to get it done. If they get Melo they fleeced the Nuggets.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #131
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa View Post
Well they only have 2 trade chips, Shannon Brown and Andrew Bynum
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #132
joemoeschmoe

joemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to all

Quote:
Ahem...You're god-$%#^ right you will take my basketball opinions seriously!

joemoeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #133
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

random observation: I didn't realize we don't play till Wed. Kidd got a faaaaat break. It makes sense now why Rick was cool with him playing so many minutes against the Suns.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #134
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
If you limit it to coaches and GM's then I think you're right.

Once you include players and analysts, however, I think you become very, very wrong.

Charles Barkley called Carmelo the best scorer in the league multiple times this weekend. The list of people taken ahead of Dirk in TNT's fantasy legends draft included Reggie Miller and Ray Allen. And heck, even when Kerr took him he kept referring to him as a great "shooter". Dirk is viewed, by many, many people, as a great shooter. Not as one of the best pure scorers the game has ever seen.
A couple things:

A. When Barkley calls Melo the "best scorer in the NBA" he's referring to the ease in which he scores. He's elaborated on this a lot. While I disagree with that notion, it's a distinction. He thinks Melo scores "easier" than Kobe, LBJ, etc. It doesn't mean he thinks they're better. In fact, one time I recall him specifically mentioning Melo NOT being on the level of Dirk (mentioned along with several other players).

B. You're putting way too much stock into a silly TNT all-star draft. The thing is mostly in jest (heck, one of the guys picked Kerr!) Steve Kerr is not a smart analyst, but I don't think even he believes Reggie or Allen is better than Dirk.

C. MVP and All-NBA ARE voted on by players, GMs, and NBA analysts. Given that Dirk finishes ahead of Melo in both on a yearly basis, I think you have your consensus.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #135
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

kind of off topic but I think Steve Kerr is one of the smarter analysts out there.

As for the MVP voting: I'm not sure that MVP voting is definitive evidence. No one think Nash is better than Kobe or even on his "level", for instance.

I'd say,% wise, coaches probably have Dirk higher the most often. They are the ones that have to scheme against both of them and I know for damn sure that Pop would rather be facing Melo 8 days out of the week. Then GMs.. then players.. then analysts. It's a tossup between players and analysts though, because although they have first hand experience seeing how hard Dirk is to guard (see: comments from Durant and Shaq) there are a lot of dumb, thug players who probably hate Dirk and respect Carmelo. Analysts could also have Melo higher sometimes because we've seen many, many cases where national analysts are completely clueless about the mavs (see: people making comments about Dallas' lack of D as recently as this year) and analysts buy into hype.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 02-21-2011 at 04:56 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #136
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
kind of off topic but I think Steve Kerr is one of the smarter analysts out there.

As for the MVP voting: I'm not sure that MVP voting is definitive evidence. No one think Nash is better than Kobe or even on his "level", for instance.

I'd say,% wise, coaches probably have Dirk higher the most often. They are the ones that have to scheme against both of them and I know for damn sure that Pop would rather be facing Melo 8 days out of the week. Then GMs.. then players.. then analysts. It's a tossup between players and analysts though, because although they have first hand experience seeing how hard Dirk is to guard (see: comments from Durant and Shaq) there are a lot of dumb, thug players who probably hate Dirk and respect Carmelo. Analysts could also have Melo higher sometimes because we've seen many, many cases where national analysts are completely clueless about the mavs (see: people making comments about Dallas' lack of D as recently as this year) and analysts buy into hype.
All-NBA teams having nothing to do with MVP though...

Also, Kerr is definitely an idiot. The guy is absolutely clueless. He's only a notch above Mark Jackson. One night he was seriously debating who is the best European player (Dirk or Pau), and no, he wasn't even talking about now.

Last edited by CadBane; 02-21-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #137
CadBane
Banned

Also, FAN opinion. Albeit more savory ones.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...gs.cgi#ratings
Old 02-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #138
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
All-NBA teams having nothing to do with MVP though...

Also, Kerr is definitely an idiot. The guy is absolutely clueless. He's only a notch above Mark Jackson. One night he was seriously debating who is the best European player (Dirk or Pau), and no, he wasn't even talking about now.
What's wrong with Mark Jackson? Why is it that you have nothing nice to say about ANYONE other than Dirk? That seems a bit unhealthy. Its almost like those little girls who said they would kill Esperanza Spalding because she won "Best New Artist" over Justin Beiber.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #139
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
What's wrong with Mark Jackson? Why is it that you have nothing nice to say about ANYONE other than Dirk? That seems a bit unhealthy. Its almost like those little girls who said they would kill Esperanza Spalding because she won "Best New Artist" over Justin Beiber.
Wtf are you talking about?

What's wrong with Mark Jackson? Is that a joke? Really? Really? Well, if you think Mark Jackson is a good commentator, that says a lot about you. Do you also fancy Reggie Miller?

Van Gundy is the best in the game. Spot on and candid. Hubie is dry and redundant, but pretty solid. McHale and Webber are pretty good when they're together (Webber deviates when he gets stuck with Kenny and Barkley). Brent Barry is very good too.

Mark Jackson, Reggie Miller, Steve Kerr, and Jon Berry are terrible.

And for the record, I'd love Melo on the Mavs. I'm simply refuting the notion that he's on the same level, or even perceived on the same level as Dirk, because he's not.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #140
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

What's wrong with Mark Jackson? Is that a joke? Really? Really? Well, if you think Mark Jackson is a good commentator, that says a lot about you. Do you also fancy Reggie Miller?

Van Gundy is the best in the game. Spot on and candid. Hubie is dry and redundant, but pretty solid. McHale and Webber are pretty good when they're together (Webber deviates when he gets stuck with Kenny and Barkley). Brent Barry is very good too.

And for the record, I'd love Melo on the Mavs. I'm simply refuting the notion that he's on the same level, or even perceived on the same level as Dirk,
because he's not.
Most of the time I agree with ya 100% cad, but I gotta say that I've always thought jon Barry was pretty spot on regarding the status of the mavs. I'm a fan of the barrys, wilbon, McHale, and Barkley (yes, he's a nut, but he really does know his shit.

With regards to the melo discussion, I think you could easily make an argument for or against melo in regards to him vs. Dirk, but I really think he does score the ball "easier" than maybe anyone in the league. I would say he is just an all-out better scorer than dirk, but he can't, and will never score with the same efficiency that dirk can, and does on a daily basis.

Don't get me wrong, I'm constantly incensed with rage at the fact that dirk gets absolutely NO street cred around the NBA for how good he truly is

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #141
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

And for the record, I'd love Melo on the Mavs. I'm simply refuting the notion that he's on the same level, or even perceived on the same level as Dirk, because he's not.

Man, I'm just curious if there is any one you get along with, or are friends with on here? Almost every time someone disagrees with you you immediately blast them full on.

Anyway, I love Van Gundy and think he is top notch...but imo Hubie is bad and annoying. I don't see how you like Hubie but not Mark Jackson. Now if I were you I would say that like this: "You are a stupid asshole if you like Mark Jackson and it shows how dumb you are, but mostly you are a stupid loser because you don't agree with my opinion idiot, which is actually a fact because it just always is and you are even more of an idiot if you don't realize it but hey, since your so stupid no one can blame you for not understanding that except me, I blame you for being stupid. Oh you like Mark Jackson, do you also fancy touching childrens privates?" That is half-joke and half- serious, it's not really my business, but I'd just like to see you fit in a lil better and not be such a villain.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #142
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

LOL
Old 02-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #143
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Green is better than all other colors, especially yellow and red. Yellow and red suck. If you think otherwise, I don't know what colors you're looking at, and you're probably an idiot.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #144
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

If green is better then that says alot about you.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #145
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
If green is better then that says alot about you.
He's horny?

Besides, mauve is the color of the future!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #146
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Default When you're right, you're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Green is better than all other colors, especially yellow and red. Yellow and red suck. If you think otherwise, I don't know what colors you're looking at, and you're probably an idiot.

v.

v.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:20 AM   #147
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Man, you guys are really myopic. Green is like Tyson Chandler and Jamaal Charles combined- horribly overrated and pure garbage. On my fantasy color league team, I picked up Fuscia off of the waiver-wire. I also snagged Burnt Sienna this week and he helped me win the Crayola Championship. It's a super-secret competition though, so please don't ask for links to my team.

Last edited by ribosoma; 02-23-2011 at 08:56 PM.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:21 AM   #148
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Wahahaha.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #149
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Man, I'm just curious if there is any one you get along with, or are friends with on here? Almost every time someone disagrees with you you immediately blast them full on.

Anyway, I love Van Gundy and think he is top notch...but imo Hubie is bad and annoying. I don't see how you like Hubie but not Mark Jackson. Now if I were you I would say that like this: "You are a stupid asshole if you like Mark Jackson and it shows how dumb you are, but mostly you are a stupid loser because you don't agree with my opinion idiot, which is actually a fact because it just always is and you are even more of an idiot if you don't realize it but hey, since your so stupid no one can blame you for not understanding that except me, I blame you for being stupid. Oh you like Mark Jackson, do you also fancy touching childrens privates?" That is half-joke and half- serious, it's not really my business, but I'd just like to see you fit in a lil better and not be such a villain.
I don't see how you passed 1st grade with your inability to read. I never said I liked Hubie. I said he's dry and redundant...but his basketball knowledge is solid. No one is an idiot for having an opinion. You're perfectly entitled to think Mark Jackson is a good commentator just as you're perfectly entitled to think that Kevin Garnett isn't a fake thug or that Zach Randolph has a high basketball IQ. It's an opinion...but a very seldom held one that will often lead to rebuke from others.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:29 AM   #150
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
Man, you guys are really myopic. Green is like Tyson Chandler and Jamaal Charles combined- horribly overrated and pure garbage. On my fantasy color league team, I picked up Fuscia off of the waiver-wire. I also snagged Burnt Sienna this week and he helped me win the Crayola Championship. It's a super-secret competition though, so please don't ask for links to my team.

Since the Mods have chosen to ignore the acts of others in this thread...

You're such an idiot.

That is all.

Last edited by CadBane; 02-23-2011 at 05:33 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:31 AM   #151
CadBane
Banned

And how many of you actually think Mark Jackson is a good commentator? Just curious. There are entire threads on RealGM dedicated to his incompetence. Lets not pretend as though liking Mark Jackson isn't a stigmatized occurrence.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:35 AM   #152
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
You might want to attempt a more apropos analogy next time.

If you were to suggest that Matt Carroll is a good NBA player, that would be your opinion. It would also say a lot about you. See how that works? Some opinions are less valued than others, friendo.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:47 AM   #153
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
And how many of you actually think Mark Jackson is a good commentator? Just curious. There are entire threads on RealGM dedicated to his incompetence. Lets not pretend as though liking Mark Jackson isn't a stigmatized occurrence.
Listening to Mark Jackson makes me want to drink Hemlock.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:08 AM   #154
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:

If you were to suggest that Matt Carroll is a good NBA player, that would be your opinion. It would also say a lot about you. See how that works? Some opinions are less valued than others, friendo.
Apparently it is true. You are what you eat/drink:

Old 02-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #155
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Since the Mods have chosen to ignore the acts of others in this thread...

You're such an idiot.

That is all.
I feel like the Mods, and myself in particular, have been more than fair to you since you were allowed back.

You brought this on yourself. If you want to keep up the martyr complex and pretend that everyone butts heads with you for some reason other than your incredibly grating personality, then go ahead.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #156
Axilla

Axilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of lightAxilla is a glorious beacon of light

borrrring

make a new thread for all this non-trade bickering whydontcha
Old 02-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #157
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't see how you passed 1st grade with your inability to read. I never said I liked Hubie. I said he's dry and redundant...but his basketball knowledge is solid. No one is an idiot for having an opinion. You're perfectly entitled to think Mark Jackson is a good commentator just as you're perfectly entitled to think that Kevin Garnett isn't a fake thug or that Zach Randolph has a high basketball IQ. It's an opinion...but a very seldom held one that will often lead to rebuke from others.
Well I passed the first grade because I was banging the teacher. Those were the days, Mrs. Cadbane, I'll never forget her she taught me soo much.

FWIW, you said "Hubie is dry and redundant, but pretty solid." AND NOWHERE IN THERE did it include "but his basketball knowledge is solid."

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #158
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hubie is dry and redundant, but pretty solid.
That's what she said.

Yikes, SMC's right that you should have clarified you were talking about his basketball knowledge cause that could really be ambiguous!

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 02-23-2011 at 02:55 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:54 PM   #159
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:

What's wrong with yellow? Is that a joke? Really? Really? Well, if you think yellow is a good color, that says a lot about you. Do you also fancy beige?

Green is the best on the color wheel. Bold and powerful. Blue is dry and redundant, but pretty solid. Orange and white are pretty good when they're together. Purple is very good too.

Yellow, red, brown, and magenta are terrible.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #160
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Again, you're too sharp with this analogy thing.

In your mind, apparently, opinions on something as subjective as colors is the same as widely regarded and held beliefs.

Saying blue is better than green IS NOT an equal opinion to saying Matt Carroll is a better basketball player than Kobe Bryant.

Third time the charm?

Tags
another cadban meltdown, cadban can't help himself, cadban knows dick, cadban returns!, cadbane likes poles, cadbane vs. the world, check out my new thread!!, everyoneiswrongbutme, look at me i'm important, mommatheregoesthatman, return of the quack!