Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2015, 05:38 PM   #11
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor1988 View Post
I know.
Honestly, Schedule doesn't even close to be excuse. I watched almost all games before, and completely all games since the trade.
I know that first two months of RS were easier, but not so much easier that to explain THIS.
Just imagine - Mavs starting combination had avg. minus 4pts(!) when they were on the court for last four months!! It is sensational numbers. They hurt.
Schedule is absolutely a big reason for the inflated numbers. We scored 120 vs utah 118 vs boston 123 phi 131 minn 140 lakers just to name the obvious ones. When we played our first few challenges of the season? We scored 100 on spurs in the opener then 87 vs portland and 92 vs the rockettes. We played bad teams who did not know how to guard simple pick n rolls with our bigs flushing alleyoops and we were I believe number 1 in the NBA in points in the paint. You can throw all the stats you want but Jameer Nelson had exactly 1 game where he shot 50%+ from field against a quality playoff team and that was vs memphis, in a loss. Jameer shot around 34% from field for us. And he made Calderon look like the glove on defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor1988 View Post
Mate, i guess you didnt understand what this table shows. Injuries don't matter. It's all about HEALTHY starting five. Before the trade, and after the trade. Two most popular Mavs combinations of this season.
It's actually you who does not understand. Before ASB Monta was 100% healthy up until that Clippers game. After that he was clearly not the same and not attacking the same way and shot 38% from field as opposed to his all star type numbers from the first half. Tyson has also not been the same as he was routinely getting 15/15 or 12/14 type numbers early and now is nowhere near that level of production. Monta and TC battling injuries skews this stat by the fact they are playing hurt. Which a lineup stat cannot factor in.

So SOS clearly gets boosted by tons of 110-140pt games vs awful teams early in the season. And another boost factored in for players playing fully healthy early and players battling injuries for the past 2+ months.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goat offense, jameer nelson goat