Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-19-2005, 09:06 PM   #1
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future
Default Do you still support Nash?

Nash is gone now and I know many people were upset about him leaving, including myself. I'm still bitter that he left and really wish he had stayed. That being said, do we still support Nash? I think Nash was a great Mavs player, and to me will always be a true Mav. He's still one of my favorite players and always will be. He may have left, but I'm staying loyal to him and am glad he won MVP.
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2005, 09:08 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Hell no. Nash can suck it and gargle it and swallow it. F 'em.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:10 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Old news.. He's moved on, so have I. I wish we hadn't gotten rid of him but we did...

He's the enemy, I hope he loses every game, unless he's playing the spurs.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:11 PM   #4
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Did you like him as a Mav, and wish he had stayed? I still haven't gotten over him leaving, and btw if you like this thread and don't mind could you please add to my rep? I'm a relativley new member, thanks.

Last edited by nashtymavsfan13; 12-19-2005 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:20 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

I think he is a selfish piece of crap sellout. He is the enemy. He is trash and I hope his ankle breaks and his wife leaves him for Amare Stoudamire. I hope he contracts herpes from his dog and develops anal ulcers which ooze pus for three years. I hope he loses all his teeth, falls down the stairs, loses all his hair from a bad case of head lice and has to move back to Canada for the free medicine and crappy beer.

In other words...no, I do not like him nor do I wish he stayed. Was that clear?
Old 12-19-2005, 09:20 PM   #6
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

We gotta take him down every time we play....
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:24 PM   #7
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Yes, he left for more money, but Cuban didn't give him much choice. The Suns offered him a huge contract and Nash did say he wanted to stay. Cuban didn't give him an offer even close so Nash made the logical decision and went to the team that showed it wanted him to play for them more. I put the blame on Cuban more than I do on Nash.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:24 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Did I mention that I hope his dog dies?
Old 12-19-2005, 09:39 PM   #9
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

You forgot the most important option: "Nash is the suck!"
Old 12-19-2005, 10:00 PM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

This topic is so last year

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:16 PM   #11
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Steve Nash is one of my all time favorite players to watch -- and in the last year I have been astounded at the new level that his game has reached.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:18 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Why is this even in the Mavs section? I don't wish death or anything...just a torn ACL or two.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:25 PM   #13
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
Steve Nash is one of my all time favorite players to watch -- and in the last year I have been astounded at the new level that his game has reached.
Question I ask the board, why didn't Nash play on that kind of level with Nelson as he has done with D'Andildo? Also, was Nash held back by Nellie and why?

Nash is the suck, I hope he goes down with a career ending injury, money or no, six years here was nothing to him, go away Canada boy.

Yes, this is very last year.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:25 PM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I miss Nash. And yes, I still support him. Once a Maverick (like he was a Maverick), always a Maverick.

If the Mavs can't win it all, I hope he can.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:36 PM   #15
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Times have changed,
Our kids are getting worse
They won't obey their parents, They just want to fart and curse.
Should we blame the government, or blame society, or should we blame the images on tv No!

Blame Canada! Blame Canada!

With all their beady little eyes, their flapping heads so full of lies

Blame Canada! Blame Canada!

We need to form a full assault, it's Canada's fault! Don't blame me, for my son Stan, He saw the darn cartoon, and now he's off to join the klan!
And my boy eric once, had my picture on his shelf, but now when I see him, he tells me to fuck myself

Well, Blame Canada!

It seems that everything's gone wrong since Canada came along
Blame Canada!
Blame Canada!
They're not even a real country anyway.

My son could of been a doctor or a lawyer, it's a true, Instead he burned up like a piggie on a barbecue. Should we blame the matches? Should we blame the fire, or the doctor who allowed him to expire. Heck no!

Blame Canada!
Blame Canada!
With all their hockey hubaloo and that bitch Stevie Cash too.
Blame Canada!
Shame on Canada!

The smut we must stop The trash we must smash
Laughter and fun must all be undone
We must blame them and cause a fuss
Before somebody thinks of blaming us!
Old 12-19-2005, 10:44 PM   #16
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Nice guy, wrong uniform, end of story.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 12-19-2005, 10:56 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

nice cap!
Old 12-19-2005, 11:40 PM   #18
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Steve is gone, and just like all past players not named Antoine, I care about their current play. However, I might only root for him when he's playing against the Spurs or Pistons in a non-post season game.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:04 AM   #19
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I was pissed off that he left but with Cuban's bullshit I don't blame him anymore. I root for him except when he's playing the Spurs or Mavs.

Like Hitman, I've found joy in watching him play again. He's on another level than what he was when playing for Dallas.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:21 AM   #20
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Dang... are we still talking about this guy? Screw him already. I don't care about him or what he's doing. Don't hate him but don't support him either.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:59 AM   #21
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure it would really warm the heart of present Mavs to learn that--if the Nash scenario is any indication--the majority of fans have no use for the person, only use for his jersey.

It's a wonder the Cowboys put Emmitt in the Ring of Honor. He was a...Cardinal, for chrissakes!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:17 AM   #22
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I'm sure it would really warm the heart of present Mavs to learn that--if the Nash scenario is any indication--the majority of fans have no use for the person, only use for his jersey.

It's a wonder the Cowboys put Emmitt in the Ring of Honor. He was a...Cardinal, for chrissakes!

Did Emmit Smith come back as a Cardinal and knock the Cowboys out of the playoffs? No. As a matter of fact, he came back to Texas Stadium and suffered a season ending injury if I recall. Both teams were shit that year and have been ever since (for the most part). No offense to Cowboy fans, but neither the Cowboys or the Cardinals have been major players in the NFL for a very long time now. Had circumstances been different and Smith not been so near the end of his career, that analagoy might work.

It was easy for Cowboy fans to embrace Smith because he was a non-factor on the one of the worst teams in the NFL. That situation is much more analogous to...Hakeem leaving the Rockets and going to Toronto...or wherever he ended up.

I like plenty of other players on other teams. I like Antawn Jamison. I like Rasheed Wallace. I like Shaq. I like Yao Ming. But do I support them? If the Wiz, Pistons, Heat and Rockets all managed to lose 82 games, I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over it. They don't play for my team.

We're not talking about whether or not we would have a conversation with Nash on an elevator, or whether or not we would try to save him from a burning building, or invite him over for dinner. We're talking about basketball.

Its a G-A-M-E. A bunch of guys get on a court and try to put a ball through a hoop. Remember? I'm pretty sure you made that point earlier in the week.

Last edited by mary; 12-20-2005 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:19 AM   #23
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough

Good points, Mary! Nash was my favorite Maverick when he played for us. Now, he is not a Maverick and I couldn't care less about him.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:51 AM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Smith left the game at a point where he should have retired and he wasn't being offered a nice solid contract to stay. Nash on the otherhand bolted like the little bitch he is for a few extra dollars. Funny thing is that he has to pay an income tax that made the offers comparable. If it weren't about the dollars and he really wanted to stay and play with his best friend (as he stated) then he would still be here.

F' em. Let the little bitch rot in Phoenix. And I hope his dog dies.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:23 PM   #25
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Chum is right.... I root for the jersey.

Nash can suck it.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:35 PM   #26
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Was a fan before Nash left the Mavs and i'm still one. He's what you want in a point guard. Has the pass first mentality and makes those around him better. I root for the jersey as well but I don't start disliking a guy because he leaves the hometown team. I wish he was still here but just like the Finley departure JET and Harris are more suited for this team than Nash would be. Nash is more suited for the Suns than those two would be.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:42 PM   #27
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Canadians eat whales and worship a leaf.

On moral grounds alone, how can anybody 'support' dollar signs?

Fucking ice farmers...
Old 12-20-2005, 01:08 PM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

Steve Nash is like a fountain of youth. Turn the conversation to him, and a lot of people around here become twelve years old again.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:19 PM   #29
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Chum - your mom goes to college.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:26 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Canadians eat whales and worship a leaf.

On moral grounds alone, how can anybody 'support' dollar signs?

F*cking ice farmers...

LOL!
Old 12-20-2005, 03:49 PM   #31
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

When he plays everyone but Dallas, I love him and hope he has great games.. when he plays against us, he's close to my least favorite.. I'd take him at his current level over JET in a heartbeat, but not if it impeded on the progress of Devin.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:09 PM   #32
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
When he plays everyone but Dallas, I love him and hope he has great games.. when he plays against us, he's close to my least favorite.. I'd take him at his current level over JET in a heartbeat, but not if it impeded on the progress of Devin.
I agree, but he is never my least favorite. I want him to do well and his team to do bad. He's my second favorite player behind Dirk.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:16 PM   #33
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Smith left the game at a point where he should have retired and he wasn't being offered a nice solid contract to stay. Nash on the otherhand bolted like the little bitch he is for a few extra dollars. Funny thing is that he has to pay an income tax that made the offers comparable. If it weren't about the dollars and he really wanted to stay and play with his best friend (as he stated) then he would still be here.

F' em. Let the little bitch rot in Phoenix. And I hope his dog dies.
love it

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote