Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-17-2006, 10:30 AM   #41
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

How you can win 60, 61 games in your first full season as head coach, do it with ease, and do it with allthe injuries suffered along the way, and not get the COY award is beyong me.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:32 AM   #42
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Hay i just thought i would put this out there. I was readin the paper the other day. A New York paper. They say that their vote goes to Dirk....idk if anyone there gets to vot or whtever but i m just sayin that the article says that Diek should b the MVP. Nash 2nd and Billups 3rd. They say Kobe and Lebron are out of runnin because they have not lead their teams to 50 wins which is expected in this era out of every team that has an MVP player on it. They give a bunch of reasons why Dirk should win...like not having another all star on his side...and so on....but i cant list them. SO THATS A POSITIVE I GUESS.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 04-17-2006 at 10:34 AM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:33 AM   #43
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

Maybe because it's all the work of the MVP?
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:35 AM   #44
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Please tell me ur joking bout Phil Jackson being the best coach in the history of NBA. I hope u were being sarcastic.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 04-17-2006, 10:43 AM   #45
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Please tell me ur joking bout Phil Jackson being the best coach in the history of NBA. I hope u were being sarcastic.
I wouldn't discredit that saying that he is the best. If not he is in the top 2. him and Red are the two top right now. I wouldn't vote him COY this year, but with all the championships he has, the different teams he has won with.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:45 AM   #46
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
How you can win 60, 61 games in your first full season as head coach, do it with ease, and do it with allthe injuries suffered along the way, and not get the COY award is beyong me.
just to be devil's advocate - Flip Saunders won more games in his first season as head coach of the Pistons.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:46 AM   #47
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
First

Barbara Barker*
David Dupree
Mark Followill
Art Garcia
Frank Isola
Mike Monroe
Stan McNeal
David Moore
Bob Ortegal
I heard Followill explain on a recent telecast that the Mavs broadcast crew shares one ballot, so I don't think you can list both Mark and Bob.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:48 AM   #48
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
just to be devil's advocate - Flip Saunders won more games in his first season as head coach of the Pistons.
After how many years in Minnesota? This is AJ's first full year as a head coach anywhere. And besides madape, I would think any coach that could win 60 games with Damp on the roster would be Coach of the Century in your eyes.

Last edited by NewMexiMav; 04-17-2006 at 10:50 AM.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:54 AM   #49
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

IMO PJ is over rated.....look at the teams that he has had. This year is his only year with a bad team...but i guess u cant even say tht because you know they say as long as you have Kobe its all good. They barely made the palyoff.....so IMO he is overrated.

........GO MAVS
Old 04-17-2006, 10:55 AM   #50
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future
Talking

Damn thread hijackers...peddle your wares elsewhere!

First

Steve Aschburn
Barbara Barker* (don't forget to vote on her website poll! - Link) - [Dirk is currently 2nd behind Kobe at 28.6% with 205 votes]
Sean Deveney
David Dupree
Mark Followill
Art Garcia
Bill Ingram
Frank Isola
Mike Monroe
Stan McNeal
David Moore
Van Wade

120 pts.

Second

Percy Allen*
Pete May

14 pts.

Third

Marty Burns
Jonathan Feigen
Israel Gutierrez

15 pts.

Fourth

Paul Coro*
Mark Montieth*
Jason Quick
Doug Smith
Sam Smith*

15 pts.

Fifth

N/A

* - Unconfirmed, slotting based on articles.

EDIT:

While you're at it, the Chicago Tribune has a poll up. Dirk's 5th behind Bryant, Nash, James, Billups at 9% with 224 votes. Show Dirk some love!

Last edited by orangedays; 04-17-2006 at 11:12 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:02 AM   #51
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

just one more note on the coach thing. Flip also had 4 all stars on his team. Dirk had one. Flip has already been to the WCF with Minnesota.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:12 AM   #52
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexiMav
After how many years in Minnesota? This is AJ's first full year as a head coach anywhere. And besides madape, I would think any coach that could win 60 games with Damp on the roster would be Coach of the Century in your eyes.
I'm just being devil's advocate. Avery should win, but it shouldn't be becasue he won 60 games in his first year as coach. As impressive as that is, it doesn't necessarily mean that he's the best coach in the NBA. Remember, this isn't rookie coach of the year, it's coach of the year. Using a similar argument, Chris Paul would be this year's MVP.

Avery will win because what he did was harder to do than what Flip did. Avery took over a team that was in pretty bad shape. There was little leadership, no dependable point guard, and no center. In one of his first big coaching moves, he demoted a worthless, overpaid, unmotivated bum to the bench.. a move that miraculously resulted in a couple of months of inspired play and maybe saved the season.

Without Avery, this team doesn't sniff 60 wins. Therefore, he's easily my Coach of the Year.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:22 AM   #53
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

yes, that was why I was mentioning the injurie situation. Flip has had the same 5 starters all year for every game, except the one about a week back when Rasheed got suspended, not to mention the 4 all stars on the team.
Avery has had to use combinations of players unfathomable to the mind, to keep his team winning and benching players, and just tons of other stuff along the way, every time he has found a way to win.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #54
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coty

If it can only be avery for coty or dirk for mvp imo dirk is pretty clearly more deserving of mvp than avery for coty. There have been several games that we lost because of avery. Overall i think he has been great(and i think he should win the award) but i wouldnt be overly saddened by one of the other candidates winning. As for pj as the greatest coach ever, those lakers teams never won until he coached them nor did the bulls. Plus, the lakers had more talent last year yet they win more games with jackson as the only positive change from last year. And the overwhelming last argument 9 rings man. 9 rings. His rings are more impressive than Reds because he won them with 2 different teams and he won them in a deeper league. While red won his in a 8 team league with pretty much the same teams.(mainly russell was on all of them) I dont really see anyone else that has an argument. Pop? Maybe but i dont see it. Nellie? If he had rings i could make a very convincing argument but sadly he never got one. Daly? Not around long enough. Riley? If he had actually won a ring with the knicks maybe but if your gonna use talent against someone, kareem magic and worthy is a hell of alot of talent. Seriously do you have any other candidate?

Last edited by Five-ofan; 04-17-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:23 PM   #55
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

The interesting question is: if Flip was coaching the Mavs and Avery the Pistons, would the team records be the same as it is now?

I would say Flip would've done better, just because he has a lot more experience than Avery... And Avery would easily win 65 with the Pistons.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:56 PM   #56
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjz
The interesting question is: if Flip was coaching the Mavs and Avery the Pistons, would the team records be the same as it is now?

I would say Flip would've done better, just because he has a lot more experience than Avery... And Avery would easily win 65 with the Pistons.
I'd say Flip would have done a worse job than Avery and the other way around.

With Flip the Mavs wouldn't have become such a defensive minded team, with Avery, the Pistons wouldn't have become such a good offensive team.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #57
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

David Aldridge is giving Dirk fifth.

Dave D'Alessandro is giving him third.

Steve Aschburner of the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune gives Dirk a first. Hell yeah.

It seems as though Ira Winderman is giving Dirk his #2.

Sekou Smith seems to be giving Dirk his #4.

And the latest from Sefko :

Quote:
April 17, 2006
Dirk wins, Dirk wins, Dirk wins

After many tireless hours of in-depth analysis, research and phone tag, I can bring you without any doubt the winner of the NBA's MVP trophy.

I polled four -- yes, count 'em, four -- people from all over the country who have MVP votes. You can't get this kind of blanket coverage just anywhere. You have to be connected...or at least sitting on your back porch with a juiced-up cell phone.

Anyway, Dirk Nowitzki will win the MVP. Two of the respondents placed him first. The other two split their votes between Chauncey Billups and Steve Nash. Dirk was no lower than third on any ballot.

So there you have it. Dirk wins the MVP.

Just remember there's a 94-percent margin of error on this survey.

Last edited by orangedays; 04-17-2006 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:39 PM   #58
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Orange you're doing all the heavy lifting...is Dude paying you for this
Old 04-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #59
orangedays
Platinum Member

First

Steve Aschburner
Barbara Barker* (don't forget to vote on her website poll! - Link) - [We've brought Dirk from 28.6% to 30.2%, keep it up guys.]
Sean Deveney
David Dupree
Mark Followill
Art Garcia
Bill Ingram
Frank Isola
Mike Monroe
Stan McNeal
David Moore
Van Wade

120 pts.

Second

Percy Allen*
Pete May
Ira Winderman*

21 pts.

Third

Marty Burns
Dave D'Alessandro
Jonathan Feigen
Israel Gutierrez

20 pts.

Fourth

Paul Coro*
Mark Montieth*
Jason Quick
Doug Smith
Sam Smith*
Sekou Smith*

18 pts.

Fifth

David Aldridge

1 pt.

* - Unconfirmed, slotting based on articles.

Don't forget the Chicago Tribune poll.

Last edited by orangedays; 04-17-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #60
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Dirk's paying me
Old 04-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #61
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

Mike Kahn has Dirk as his #5 because of all the wrong reasons.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:06 PM   #62
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman
Mike Kahn has Dirk as his #5 because of all the wrong reasons.
here is a quote from Kahn. no supposing by next level he means the playoffs then why the hell would he write this?

"but he still has to prove he is the reason they can move to the next level as much as the other guys"

So please tell me what has Lebron done to prove in the playoffs that he is the MVP. Thesemedia people make absolutely no sense. they just contradict themselves over and over again and it is really ridiculous that these guys get to vote.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:08 PM   #63
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

and also, I am sorry that Detroit and Dallas have good GM's, smart enough to put together an elite team that is deep and can win games. Let us now penalize Dirk and Chauncey for being on good teams. dumbasses these media people are.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:10 PM   #64
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

one last thing. Every year, the Mavs roster makes drastic changes and first to go was Nash.
the team got better,
then went Finley.
Hell the team has now just tied a single season record for wins and about to break that.
So what has been the one constant thing on these dominate Mavs teams?
DIRK.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:11 PM   #65
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Lebron has not even been in the playoffs yet...but anyway that Jim guy "Jim Rome is Burning" just said Dirk does not deserve the MVP because all he is ...is an impossible matchup...and he says that doesnt make him the MVP. But Dirk is so much more than that and guys like him are idiots.....:

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 04-17-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:14 PM   #66
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
lEbron has not even been in the playoffs yet...but anyway that Jim guy "Jim Rome is Burning" just said Dirk does not deserve the MVP because all he is ...is an impossible matchup...and he says that doesnt make him the MVP. But Dirk is so much more than that and guys like him are idiots.....:
so now media, let us penalize Dirk for being th emost talented 7 footer in the league. Let us penalize Dirk for being one of the best shooters in theleague and for people not being able to stop him. Let us penalize Dirk for being able to take bigger defenders to rack, and shooting over smaller defenders. what a bunch of bull Fin sSh**t. I hate the media more and more everyday that I watch.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:21 PM   #67
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

here is the record before Dirk
19-31
After Dirk
40-42
53-29
57-25
60-22
52-30
58-24
and now
60+ wins
That is what I call an MVP. someone who makes an immediate and long lasting impact on an organization while domiating the league.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:37 PM   #68
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

What about Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith, don't they get votes? Weren't they voting for Dirk?
Old 04-17-2006, 06:04 PM   #69
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
here is the record before Dirk
19-31
After Dirk
40-42
53-29
57-25
60-22
52-30
58-24
and now
60+ wins
That is what I call an MVP. someone who makes an immediate and long lasting impact on an organization while domiating the league.

What a wonderful post, more numbers than words. They speak volumes don't they!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:05 PM   #70
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
He is earning the respect and admiration of his peers! What more pay can someone want?

Great stuff orange.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:07 PM   #71
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

So does anyone want to take a guess on how man votes it will take for Dirk to win the award?

For the last 20 years the winner has ranged from 636 votes to 1219.

Last edited by Locked_Up_Tonight; 04-17-2006 at 06:08 PM.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:08 PM   #72
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
What about Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith, don't they get votes? Weren't they voting for Dirk?
No, they don't get votes.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:24 PM   #73
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
So does anyone want to take a guess on how man votes it will take for Dirk to win the award?

For the last 20 years the winner has ranged from 636 votes to 1219.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:42 PM   #74
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

...One of the writers from the FWST was on Galloway today..He said that he had polled a little over a third of the voters on the subject of MVP... Dirk is running a close second to Nash at this point...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #75
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

"Charles and Kenny from TNT too, but they don't get a vote"

when did they says this?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #76
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, but if Nash wins the award again, it will be tainted forever in my eyes.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:13 PM   #77
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
"Charles and Kenny from TNT too, but they don't get a vote"

when did they says this?
Thursday when we played Phoenix. They both picked Dirk for MVP. But unfortunately, they don't get to vote.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:29 PM   #78
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
I'm sorry, but if Nash wins the award again, it will be tainted forever in my eyes.
If Nash wins again, never mind those sounds you'll be hearing. That's only John Stockton digging a grave so he has a place to rotate in.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:54 PM   #79
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman
If Nash wins again, never mind those sounds you'll be hearing. That's only John Stockton digging a grave so he has a place to rotate in.
Stockton among many, many others.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:13 PM   #80
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
...One of the writers from the FWST was on Galloway today..He said that he had polled a little over a third of the voters on the subject of MVP... Dirk is running a close second to Nash at this point...
It was Dwain Price. He said he polled about 48 voters out of 127, and Nash had 14 first place votes while Dirk had 13. He also said that Billups & Lebron would be 3rd & 4th while Kobe would be a distant 5th. He thinks the east coast media could get divided between Billups & Lebron while most of Nash's votes were in the West.

He also polled about 44 voters on the COTY and nearly two-thirds had AJ as their #1 choice. He believes AJ winning is almost a done deal!

In general, he said that every NBA City gets 3 votes making for a total of 90 votes, and an additional 37 votes were distributed at large. DFW has a total of 5 votes, according to him.

It was a fun session overall with GAC, Coop & Price.

Dirk-V-P!!!

Last edited by V2M; 04-17-2006 at 09:15 PM.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk